• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

You can literally call anything shit in Halo 4 and Jem will defend it with his live.

Inb4: "You hate Halo 4, because you hate it."

Tawpgun

Halo 1-3 any time chief talked it was memorable. Trying to hard to humanize him imo. Which seems to be a core component of the story going forward.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
wXGYbp5.png

If I poke my TV it doesn't lead anywhere though.

jem0208

You can literally call anything shit in Halo 4 and Jem will defend it with his live.

Inb4: "You hate Halo 4, because you hate it."

That's just bullshit though, I regularly rip on 4 for a bunch of reasons.

The campaign was too cramped and didn't have enough open ended encounters, it was also basically one big button hunt. The Prometheans were well introduced but turned out to be boring bullet sponges (except for the crawlers, they were fun to fight). The story could have been far better in so many ways and it was far too difficult to follow without having first read the books. Spartan Ops was a disappointment and was a useless attempt at trying to replace firefight, it also happened to feature Sarah "Eggheads" Palmer.

On the multiplayer side, ordnance and the lack of weapons on map was a piece of shit idea which I'm glad has died in the MCC, perks are stupid, spawning with a plasma pistol or boltshot is also stupid, the majority of armour abilities suck (especially Promethean vision). The removal of classic CTF and a bunch of other gamemodes like Assault was just lazy as was the massive downgrade in custom games even relative to 3. The maps on the whole were also a disappointment with only a handful actually being any good. The skill matching was non-existent, the lack of real ranks annoying and the whole loudout unlock system was decidedly un-Halo. Flinch and the lack of descope was a silly decision which made the already far too easy to use Sniper ridiculous.

Just because I don't hate every single facet of the game and 343 doesn't mean I think the game is perfect.

I don't really mind all the "bad opinion train" stuff, it's actually kinda funny, I mean I regularly say it myself. However saying stuff which is just 100% false and completely misrepresenting what I say annoys me.

FyreWulff

Double post but you'd think now that it's been 4 months, they'd remove the Halo 5 MP beta button and graphic from the UI. It's just there but is shadowed/greyed out. What a sloppy design decision by United Front Games. Dedicate UI real estate for a 3 week beta, and then block it out for good.

Would be better if they had plans to convert it to a Halo 5 launcher so that people who have the game digitally, can just launch H5 from that as opposed to exiting back to dashboard, games and apps blah blah.

Depends on if they're not planning on ever running another Halo 5 beta. It'd cost more to take it out and put it back in than wait for H5 to have retail release and then undo all that code.

It was the reason why ODST's menu link to the Reach beta was never completely removed. It was too dangerous to touch it in the lead up to the beta and it wasn't of much concern to get rid of it afterwards.

Liberty4all

Banned
I have a quick question related to Halo collectibles. Does a market exist for such items?

The reason I'm asking, back in 2007 and later in 2009 I was at several press and Community events celebrating Halo 3 and ODST launches.

As a part of the event Microsoft Canada gave out limited edition Canadian themed Halo prints (all numbered 150 of the Halo 3 one and 100 of the ODST one). I still have both of mine and I'm curious is there's actually a market for stuff like this?

Canada Master Chief
6863758550_a9f592ec84.jpg

ODST
7009872461_2f2edaf85e.jpg

edit: I do get the irony that somehow I ended up with these given my current console allegiance. =)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo comic round up time

GoWzilla Jackals and Proper Jackals side by side.

004_zpsagpz660e.png

GoWzilla Jackals really suck. Even babies could draw them.

002_zpsxr9vmwib.png

This is a Needler. Apparently.

003_zpso7jmoewx.png

Spot the problems with reality.

001_zpse57utvy9.png

I have a quick question related to Halo collectibles. Does a market exist for such items?

The reason I'm asking, back in 2007 and later in 2009 I was at several press and Community events celebrating Halo 3 and ODST launches.

As a part of the event Microsoft Canada gave out limited edition Canadian themed Halo prints (all numbered 150 of the Halo 3 one and 100 of the ODST one). I still have both of mine and I'm curious is there's actually a market for stuff like this?

edit: I do get the irony that somehow I ended up with these given my current console allegiance. =)

www.ebay.com

Fuchsdh

You better not be talking about the end of Halo 4 with that. "She told me that once. About being a machine" was a fantastic line.

She told me that once. 20 minutes ago.

Precisely. It's patronizing to the audience. We got the parallel, it was a nice moment, and then they have Chief hit us over the head with it.

There's a lot of great character work in Halo 4, but that line and the "always wanted to do that" chest touch just are wacky and really shoulda' been revisited. "Perhaps force will stop you" is another one people complain about, but the Didact's nutters anyhow so I don't pay him much attention.

The ODST "don't shoot anything pink" and related stuff with the Engineer is kinda' cringeworthy for me as well.

Getting online in 5, if anyone wants a mediocre teammate who will sacrifice himself again and again for an objective.

PSA Announcement for Achievement Hunters:

be sure to go to H3 Valhalla today and look at the Earth Day icon on the big wall. You need to view two special icons for an achievement. Next one will be on 5/5.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
omg guys...so many good games tonight...on Insurgency. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

Hassle free gaming. I highly recommend Insurgency if you have a PC...buy the game, it's dirt cheap, you will not be disappointed.

Some reviews:

This game looks so awesome and challanging.
NO SPOTTING, NO HIP-FIRE CROSHAIR NO MINIMAP, NO KILLCAM, NO HEALTH METER, NO HIT /KILL NOTIFICATION, NOT EVEN AN AMMO COUNTER.
it really forces you to trust your instincts and your teamates due to the lack of information.
It feels so rewarding to confirm a kill or win a game.

I could write a list of 10,000 reasons to get this game but none of that could possibly describe the feeling that it would give you if you were playing it yourself. It needs to be experienced, the feelings it gives never dies and that in itself says something. Kills are rewarding, objectives are highly valued, teamwork is vital. You need this game in your life if you are looking for a realistic shooter!

I spawn.
I look around the corner.
I hear someone yell "RPG!"
I die.

9/10

Hey...it works.

EDIT: btw, I only wrote this because I was highly contemplating getting on MCC tonight for my one hour gaming session during the work week...but I remembered what happened last night after the April update...so I saved myself the pain and agony. I suggest others do the same...life becomes much happier when you do.

Madness

Depends on if they're not planning on ever running another Halo 5 beta. It'd cost more to take it out and put it back in than wait for H5 to have retail release and then undo all that code.

It was the reason why ODST's menu link to the Reach beta was never completely removed. It was too dangerous to touch it in the lead up to the beta and it wasn't of much concern to get rid of it afterwards.

Do you think it's doable to remove the h5 beta link and instead have that button start Halo 5 if you purchased digitally? Meaning like it sort of allows for launching of almost all halos from MCC itself?

RowdyReverb

Already seeing fewer quitters since the patch. 6/7 of my team made it to the end of a landslide loss in BTB, which is saying something.

Do you think it's doable to remove the h5 beta link and instead have that button start Halo 5 if you purchased digitally? Meaning like it sort of allows for launching of almost all halos from MCC itself?

I'd love to see the MCC UI keep future game releases within the one system. Gamers only buying H5 just search those playlists/vote variants and anyone else with MCC gets the whole show obviously.

One proviso...#PlayerToggles

Honestly, considering how much of a hack job the UI seems to be... I'm thinking that it might be more difficult than one might expect.

blamite

PSA Announcement for Achievement Hunters:

be sure to go to H3 Valhalla today and look at the Earth Day icon on the big wall. You need to view two special icons for an achievement. Next one will be on 5/5.
Thanks for the heads-up! I already missed the Zanzibar signs a few times, and I've just been too lazy to cheese them.

FyreWulff

I imagine that's what they're gonna do. It's been said by various 343 employees to expect some sort of quick jump to H5 from the MCC but not being able to play Halo 5 via the MCC.

Top Bottom