• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Kittens makes a good point about it though.

Unless you're going for campaign-related cheevos, there's no real point about replaying the Halo campaigns besides for fun and I have no qualms about that. Silent Cartographer is great, but do I want to play it a few times every week? No.

Additions like time trials, leaderboards, skulls and scoring bring re-playability. I'm also a fan of the Chief armour rewards for H5 when completing all games on legendary.

If missions could be a little more dynamic and sandbox-y than Destiny a redeveloped SPOPS mode could really shine and be highly re-playable.

Midship Plasma Rifle starts are so good.

CobbFC09

Anyone interested in playing some TS? Played one game during halftime of the Cavaliers/Celtics game and had the typical case of a teammate quitting.

GT - CobbFC09

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Additions like time trials, leaderboards, skulls and scoring bring re-playability. I'm also a fan of the Chief armour rewards for H5 when completing all games on legendary.
I would fucking love for Destiny to have those things.

I would fucking love for Destiny to have those things.

A coop time trial system with leader boards could be quite interesting for raids and strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if things like skulls code isn't in the Destiny engine still. No way Bungie didn't keep tech from their Halo engine.

Fuchsdh

A coop time trial system with leader boards could be quite interesting for raids and strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if things like skulls code isn't in the Destiny engine still. No way Bungie didn't keep tech from their Halo engine.

I'd think the terms of the MS-Bungie split would preclude exactly that.

I'd think the terms of the MS-Bungie split would preclude exactly that.

Doesn't mean the coders/designers etc don't use elements as a base to start from. Destiny looks, moves and feels so much like Halo I can't for one second believe tech/models etc weren't used as a starting point in a few facets.

Sure they can't just drop "skulls" in and call it literally that but I'd be very surprised if many things aren't compatible between the engines with minimal adjustments.

I seem to be getting uneven teams worryingly frequent since I downloaded the new update for Halo.

Yeah it's become a thing again, particularly in BTB.

Also I played Brad Pitt the other day kappa

People who put GoT spoilers as their clan tag need to be banished to the sewers.

Came home from a business trip, saw Doubles was replaced with Swat. Can't believe 2v2 isn't a fixed playlist.

Fastest search times, better/closer games in dubs. Always has been. If I want to play for blood, I don't have to search with randoms and I don't have to play with a squad of TeamBeyond ragers that constantly say things like "addy" that I'm too old to understand.

I play 10 times as much Halo doubles than anything else- I wonder where on the road I became so different than what 343's stats say the typical Halo player is. Even if the doubles population sucks (I don't know)- it doesn't even NEED a big pop to work.

6 people in the US and a family of 4 in Guatemala are the only people still playing MCC in April 2015. Swat is a hail mary to increase the population above Halo 4's ~78 users.

Kssio_Aug

What the hell is wrong in the game code for being so hard to them to keep even teams after an update?

I was going to play today, but started to download the patch and can only try tomorrow. But thats sad to read! :/

Hopefully it wont step back like it was after december update for me, that for some reason just made impossible for me to find a single match. I dont know anymore of I should be happy or worried with their updates anymore.

Something I've seen happen since that "quits harm your reputation" thing was implemented the other day is an increase in people who just go idle for big chunks of time if a map they don't like gets voted in.

One example.

Gilgapher

Neo Member
It appears that quitting ranked games if you're losing doesn't count against your current rank. So basically quit if you're losing, and you'll keep the same rank you had before you started the game. Rinse and repeat, achieve level 50. ROFL.

It appears that quitting ranked games if you're losing doesn't count against your current rank. So basically quit if you're losing, and you'll keep the same rank you had before you started the game. Rinse and repeat, achieve level 50. ROFL.

Yeah, I was just testing this (probably being an asshole). Just hit 4 and I have quit 3 in a row.

Another question is, do losses actually rank you down? I don't know if I've actually ever lost rank.

Gilgapher

Neo Member
Yeah, I was just testing this (probably being an asshole). Just hit 4 and I have quit 3 in a row.

Another question is, do losses actually rank you down? I don't know if I've actually ever lost rank.

I would think so. I imagine if you're a lower level it takes a bit more time to de-rank than it does if you're a level 15 or 20.

I think I'm about done with this game, unless I'm playing with friends. I use to solo all the time in previous Halos and never had this problem. In this game it seems impossible. I'm consistently going up against full parties that are of higher in rank. Someone always quits. I've even had to quit a few matches because it ends up being a 1v4, and I'm not going to stay and waste everyone's time. Also I just had a game where teammates went 0-13 and 0-16.

I understand ranks just came out, so everyone is still trying to find their place, however it's been way too frustrating to keep playing. Hopefully it gets better in the coming weeks.

m23

People only vote for Haven in 4 even if that means you are going to play AR starts, it's so damn depressing and I can't just quit atrocious AR starts.

I don't ever have AR starts though, have you made your loadouts? I always start with BR whether its legendary slayer or just slayer.

Top Bottom