• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Hopefully, if Gears Collection gets released that doesnt happen so often. I don't know how different Gears 1, 2 and 3 are from one another.

1 has insta down sniper rifle and lotto ticket gnasher with host, some how the "best" game
2 got patched to oblivion, also had host. commonly associated with being the worst save horde mode.
3 had smoother gameplay, better hit reg (better not perfect) but was plagued by the easy mode weapons added to the game. some how this makes it worse than the first

mechanically they're the same, but you'd prolly see people playing just the first and third game.

funny how Halo 4 and Judgment were panned by most fans of their respective series.

Madness

And there's a beta. AND it's a Treyarch game. AND it's Black Ops 3.

343 have their work cut out for them.

I've been saying it for a while. But this is nothing out of the ordinary, Call of Duty was always going to steal players as the top shooter in the industry, what's fucked for Halo is the fact Episode VII comes in December, and Battlefront is rumored for November. Battlefront will easily steal a lot of the Halo 5 players that aren't necessarily Call of Duty fans. I'm more excited for Battlefront than Halo 5 and with crazy $90 total with tax prices for games in Canada, I'm honestly debating whether to buy Battlefront first, and then get Halo 5 later.

I've been saying it for a while. But this is nothing out of the ordinary, Call of Duty was always going to steal players as the top shooter in the industry, what's fucked for Halo is the fact Episode VII comes in December, and Battlefront is rumored for November. Battlefront will easily steal a lot of the Halo 5 players that aren't necessarily Call of Duty fans. I'm more excited for Battlefront than Halo 5 and with crazy $90 total with tax prices for games in Canada, I'm honestly debating whether to buy Battlefront first, and then get Halo 5 later.

It's definitely going to be an interesting Q4 when it comes to shooters.

Destiny Comet- Sep
Halo 5- Oct
CoD and BF- Nov

I'll be purchasing them all, with the exception of CoD. Last CoD I bought was BO1.

Fuchsdh

Ugh, for me it's that with all these Games with Gold I really can't justify buying that many games until I finish what I've got. So Halo wins the purchase by default, and Fable went free-to-play so there's no competition there.

I'll get Battlefront if it's good eventually, but no way it's happening until 2016.

Yeah, with CoD and Battlefront, it's probably not going to be pretty, but that was always the case.

343 & MS have known this for years, so perhaps they have good countermeasures planned? Or they don't and they're just happy to have the customers on Xbox, whatever they're playing.

In that way, Battlefront being comarketed on PS4 is good for Halo. Doubly so if that CoD PS4 marketing rumour is true.

Halo 4 was released just before call of duty. The idea behind it is that they can come out as close to christmas as possible, but by coming out before call of duty it gives them a week to come up with PR bullshit like this.

Also in terms of loosing players because of call of duty think of it this way. Call of duty is a wall. Whenever it comes out all other multiplayer games have to hit into it. Now say halo 5 is a truck. You want to be able to hit that wall with as many players as you can, then you come out of it with more players. But if halo 5 were to come out in september, by the time COD comes out, halo would've lost so much momentum that the wall could stop it altogether.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, for me it's that with all these Games with Gold I really can't justify buying that many games until I finish what I've got. So Halo wins the purchase by default, and Fable went free-to-play so there's no competition there.

I'll get Battlefront if it's good eventually, but no way it's happening until 2016.
Yup, GWG has been amazing for me. The only games I'm currently planning on buying for the rest of the year are Halo, Battlefront, and probably a Wii U game or two. I still need to pick up Ori, too.

Fuchsdh

Yup, GWG has been amazing for me. The only games I'm currently planning on buying for the rest of the year are Halo, Battlefront, and probably a Wii U game or two. I still need to pick up Ori, too.

Yeah Ori's on my list, I played that at PAX Prime and loved it.

Since I didn't get a 360 until 2012 there's tons of games on GWG I'm interested in getting to, like ACII and IV, Tomb Raider, Gears. Working through the Witcher 2 now... And then there's the XB1 options which I've found pretty enjoyable as well.

Kssio_Aug

Battlefront may be amazing, but Halo 5 is day one, without a doubt! Then, if I have the money to spend I get Battlefront aswell, or wait a month or two before jumping in.
CoD has no chances to get my money... almost had with AW cause when it was released, but that time there wasn't many choices (but I waited for Halo MCC, and I'm glad I did).

Mix

I'm spending like, $230 on Halo 5, so I'm around for the long haul.

I am the problem. m o d e r n v i d e o g a m e i n d u s t r y

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm spending like, $230 on Halo 5, so I'm around for the long haul.

I am the problem. m o d e r n v i d e o g a m e i n d u s t r y
Mix, man. Think about what you're doing here. You have a choice in this. You don't have to throw your money away.

lol
smh

Mix

Mix, man. Think about what you're doing here. You have a choice in this. You don't have to throw your money away.

lol
smh

My hand has been forced, there's nothing I can do.

If they reveal it and it's dumb I'll cancel it and go down to the LE somewhere else lol

Kssio_Aug

1 has insta down sniper rifle and lotto ticket gnasher with host, some how the "best" game
2 got patched to oblivion, also had host. commonly associated with being the worst save horde mode.
3 had smoother gameplay, better hit reg (better not perfect) but was plagued by the easy mode weapons added to the game. some how this makes it worse than the first

mechanically they're the same, but you'd prolly see people playing just the first and third game.

funny how Halo 4 and Judgment were panned by most fans of their respective series.

Well, it seems Gears 1 to 3 have less uncommon things then Halo 1 to 4. And one game less, if they don't add Judgement. So there should be less conflicts during the game and playlist choices.

That's going OT though. But thanks a lot to clarify! =)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll never understand spending several hundreds of dollars on a single videogame.

Basically, people do what they want with the money they work to make.

I'll never understand spending several thousands on a motorcycle just to fly off into a tree, but that's me.

Buy what you want.

Madness

Xb4myTZ.jpg

Sounds a lot like a mix of Titanfall and Halo 5. I wonder if the 'mantling' is identical to clamber.

Tawpgun

Only thing thats interesting to me is that its momentum based. Sounds like movement is something than can really be mastered. Fine the fluid lines through the map and you can zoom by. Kinda like titanfall except you can be just as lethal in movement as on the ground

Sounds awesome tbh.

Mirrors Edge x Shooter :O

-Ryn

Banned
Kinda like titanfall except you can be just as lethal in movement as on the ground

Sounds awesome tbh.

Mirrors Edge x Shooter :O
That actually sounds great. I've never bought a CoD game so perhaps this'll be the one I jump on.
Probably not.

DJ Gunner

God Damnit I'm a dinosaur. i reeeeeeally didn't like jetpacks in AW and it sounds like BO3 is going to have more of the same. I don't like sprint in Halo. I'm being left behind :(

Top Bottom