• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ok Splash Damage really worked on the MCC March Patch...

gordon-biggans-splashs4b2j.png

Ramirez

Lol you posted a trick jump vid. I could post one for halo and quake also, doesn't mean people pull that shit off in a game.

It's incredibly tame compared to Titanfall, where everyone is always on walls it seems.

So, people didn't use wall running/vaulting to get advantageous spots in Brink? Babby plz.

"I don't even remember if you could wallrun in that game"

They should talk to iron galaxy about fixing MCC.

IG is really good at porting stuff, not sure why they weren't asked in the first place. (Or maybe they were and declined). I've never even heard of "Splash Damage" lol

They need to fix the game and make it free with Gold to save the population.

Halo 5 should not be released until the game is fixed.

The whole xbox one console is a mess through and through.

Ramirez

They need to fix the game and make it free with Gold to save the population.

Halo 5 should not be released until the game is fixed.

The whole xbox one console is a mess through and through.

Halo 5 will be released on time, and MCC will be forever flushed down the shitter.

Tawpgun

So, people didn't use wall running/vaulting to get advantageous spots in Brink? Babby plz.

"I don't even remember if you could wallrun in that game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AfW57Sd-0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd4N2cpS_v8

There is so little parkour here. No wonder I forgot you could even wall run
kappa.png

It's one of the complaints I remember hearing about the game, that the parkour was cool but none of the maps were really good for utilizing it. Mostly just sliding and clambering.

EDIT: Not sure why people are mad Halo 5 movement options don't allow shooting. What kind of fucking shot would you ever possibly make mid thrust. Shit is so fast. I also enjoy there not being able to shoot with clamber. I almost wish clambering was a little slower (especially if its a big clamber) because it would balance it out. Crouch jumping makes you combat effective, clamber is easier but you are vulnerable

jem0208

EDIT: Not sure why people are mad Halo 5 movement options don't allow shooting. What kind of fucking shot would you ever possibly make mid thrust. Shit is so fast. I also enjoy there not being able to shoot with clamber. I almost wish clambering was a little slower (especially if its a big clamber) because it would balance it out. Crouch jumping makes you combat effective, clamber is easier but you are vulnerable

Why shouldn't you be able to shoot whilst thrusting?

Imagine the hype of someone getting a snapshot mid thrust. It would be insane. It just seems like there isn't really any downsides to allowing you to shoot whilst thrusting, sure it might not be useful all that often, but it could have some amazing results.

I agree you shouldn't be able to shoot whilst clambering, it's a good way of making crouch jumping a more viable and skillful option.

How does it make random at all?

You would really love every new random gimmick do you?

H5 already was very random in regards to 1v1 battles. And it doesnt need more random stuff...

I really dont get why people first hate everything random thing in Halo aka Abilities/Loadouts. And now some people like thruster and want to shoot while thrusting...

Its mindblowing.

VinFTW

What sense does it make to allow shooting while thrusting, there needs to be a downside to it. Then again, aren't you the same guy who preferred AR starts during the Halo 5 beta?

H5 already was very random in regards to 1v1 battles. And it doesnt need more random stuff...

I really dont get why people first hate everything random in Halo aka Abilities/Loadouts. And now some people like thruster and want to shoot while thrusting...

Its mindblowing.

I like you how guys are using Jems rep to justify some BS argument. Thrusting while shooting adds randomness? Like... wut? lol

Shooting while thrusting would alleviate a lot of the slow, back-and-forth, turtling that plagued the H5 beta.

Giving thrust offensive capabilities instead of defensive capabilities will go a long way in helping with the slow pace at higher ranks. Also consider how flashy some of this shit would be when pulling it off.

Realistically, and most importantly, it adds an entire new layer to the skill-gap. Just make sure, as Fracas said, that aiming isn't hindered during all of this.

Welfare

Do we really want 1v1's to be slow when we can't shot while thrusting? Just prolongs the battle.

But I mean that's if you're in Onyx and up. Irons might have been playing differently.

I like you how guys are using Jems rep to justify some BS argument. Thrusting while shooting adds randomness? Like... wut? lol

Shooting while thrusting would alleviate a lot of the slow, back-and-forth, turtling that plagued the H5 beta.

Giving thrust offensive capabilities instead of defensive capabilities will go a long way in helping with the slow pace at higher ranks. Also consider how flashy some of this shit would be when pulling it up.

Realistically, and most importantly, it adds an entire new layer to the skill-gap. Just make sure, as Fracas said, that aiming isn't hindered during all of this.

Shooting while thrusting would make everything more complicated and random... Its fine how it is already.

And according to that Post Beta blog Thruster already got some changes, same to Sprint.

When we are at why not let me shoot while throwing a Grenade or while doing a Ground Pound? Some ideas are simply ridiclious in my opinion. You have to think about both sides of the coin. It sounds cool to you, but to me it sounds complicated, annoying and random.

VinFTW

Shooting while thrusting would make everything more complicated and random... Its fine how it is already.

And according to that Post Beta blog Thruster already got some changes, same to Sprint.

If you keep saying the words complicated and random in regards to thrusting and shooting (without explaining anything specific), it might eventually make some sense....

daedalius

How does shooting while thrusting make anything "random"?

Are we using the proper definition of the word here?

Even if you could do it, I doubt it would get much use since the thrust is so quick anyways. Like, half a second maybe?

Also, how about a grapple beam with grapple points around the map? I know, great idea ;)

jem0208

I really dont get why people first hate everything random thing in Halo aka Abilities/Loadouts. And now some people like thruster and want to shoot while thrusting...

Its mindblowing.

How is it "random" though, you're just throwing that word out without backing any of it up.

Being able to shoot whilst thrusting allows it to be used far more aggressively. Currently it's a far more defensive ability, it slows the game down; there was lots of peeking out and thrusting behind cover in the beta. If we could shoot whilst thrusting it would allow for far more aggressive pushes. It would also make thrusting a useful move in 1v1s, how and when to use thruster effectively would become a major skill which would increase the skill gap. Currently it's mostly a dash behind cover move.

What sense does it make to allow shooting while thrusting, there needs to be a downside to it. Then again, aren't you the same guy who preferred AR starts during the Halo 5 beta?

Why does there need to be a downside? What is it being balanced against?

Also yes, I enjoyed AR starts in 5. Not sure how that's really relevant though.

When we are at why not let me shoot while throwing a Grenade or while doing a Ground Pound? Some ideas are simply ridiclious in my opinion. You have to think about both sides of the coin. It sounds cool to you, but to me it sounds complicated, annoying and random.

You're saying it would be too complicated? You'd rather they dumb it down to make it easier?

Karl2177

Match 1:
Playlist: BTB
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Map: Stonetown
Gametype: Assault
Final Score: 2-0 Defeat (Personal score: 0k/0a/2d)
Comments: I didn't spawn into the game until halfway through the second round. By then 3 of my 6 teammates had quit. By the end of the round, all of my teammates had quit. I jut let the other team walk it in to end the game.
Karl's rating: 0/5; Broken. Spawn me in the game when it starts, and not after teammates have quit.

Match 2:
Game: Halo 4
Map: Perdition
Gametype: BTB Team Slayer
Final Score: 1000-970 Defeat (Personal score: 28k/8a/10d)
Comments: There was only one other competent person on my team. Even going +18, my teammates aren't able to comprehend using both sticks at the same time.
Karl's rating: 3/5; A competitive match bogged down by Infinity settings and poor teammate play.

Match 3:
Game: Halo 4
Map: Vortex
Gametype: BTB Team Slayer
Final Score: 720-360 defeat (Personal score: 6k/2a/9d)
Comments: Game starts the match as a 7v5 with me on the team of 5. One teammate grabs the Mantis and I grab the Sniper Rifle. Random ordnance rains in for the rest of the match while my team is stuck in one base because we can't move without getting killed by all the ordnance they are getting.
Karl's rating: 1/5; Starts with uneven teams and is an Infinity slog fest. At least it spawned me in on time...

Match 4:
Game: Halo 2
Map: Containment
Gametype: Assault
Final Score: 1-0 victory (Personal score: 23k/1a/8d)
Comments: Game starts 7v6 with me on the 7. Every time our tank spawns, one teammate decides to leave it at the enemy base. Thankfully no one one either team but me knows where the Rocket spawns so I take it out every time. I ended that match with 2 Banshees destroyed, 2 Gauss Hogs destroyed, and 3 Tanks destroyed.
Karl's rating: 3/5; Starts with uneven teams and teammates and enemies are far below my skill level resulting in a 15 minute snoozefest. At least it was Objective.

Match 5:
Playlist: SWAT
Game: Halo 2
Map: Warlock
Gametype: Team SWAT
Final Score: 50-31 (Personal score 26k/2a/9d)
Comments: I earn a non-standard Triple Double earning double digit kills, headshots, and multikills (also had a longest spree that was double digits). There was one point where I ran out of ammo in my BR and managed to finish up a multikill with the Pistol.
Karl's rating: 5/5; It matched me in and the game functioned like it was supposed to. Maybe could use better skill matching, but I'll accept it as a condolence for the previous matches.

If you keep saying the words complicated and random in regards to thrusting and shooting (without explaining anything specific), it might eventually make some sense....

There is not really much to explain. You want more random stuff. I dont.

And like i said, its balanced this way. Or like Munish said, there needs to be downside to it when you use it.

When we are at adding things to Halo, why not get Wallrunning, Target Finder scopes and Killstreaks in?

Maybe im too old to get excited for such over the top random stuff. I simply prefer Halo how it was. Without thrusting and running.

jem0208

And like i said, its balanced this way. Or like Munish said, there needs to be downside to it when you use it.

When we are at adding things to Halo, why not get Wallrunning, Target Finder scopes and Killstreaks in?

Maybe im too old to get excited for such over the top random stuff. I simply prefer Halo how it was. Without thrusting and running.
I'm not sure you know what random means.

Side note: just played Halo with a headset on for the first time. It is so much better than TV speakers...

daedalius

Such random
very definition
wow

Im not sure you know what Halo is....

22685619.jpg

VinFTW

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9...ogression-and-renewed-relationships/?p=466938

Josh Holmes said:
Regarding classic zoom, there have been a number of requests for a toggle option to enable this. We're not able to support a universal toggle for all weapons because each weapon in H5 has been built around the new SL system. However, we are looking at creating some classic/legendary weapons with a more classic style for zoom functionality. I'll be able to talk more about that after E3/GC this year.

Custom games, no sprint (not that I won't play MM/HCS playlists because of Sprint), and classic weapons w/ classic zoom sounds pretttty amazing.

I'd be hyped for Keye's Pistol starts w/ no spartan abilities except thruster.

Top Bottom