• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Nowise10

Halo 1,2,3,4 LASO achievement are DONE... I am tired...

I am doing Halo:CE at the moment, already did Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Wow it feels impossible. No shields back, no covenant weapons, double the ammo used per shot, half the ammo received. How!?!!? Im only on Truth and recon.

0HxL2NE.png

I am doing Halo:CE at the moment, already did Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Wow it feels impossible. No shields back, no covenant weapons, double the ammo used per shot, half the ammo received. How!?!!? Im only on Truth and recon.

Very hard. Especially Halo 2 Anniversary...

For me and my friend: 4-6 hours/ levels.

Next challenge: 3 hours achievements...(but i think its impossible for me)

Nowise10

Very hard. Especially Halo 2 Anniversary...

For me and my friend: 4-6 hours/ levels.

Next challenge: 3 hours achievements...(but i think its impossible for me)

Damn. I honestly am scared for Halo:CE. Halo 2 I think I could do fine.

And the 3 hour achievements really aren't that difficult. Halo 2 is the only one left for me, and I haven't tried yet for it. Keep in mind, it just takes all the times for each level. You don't need to run the entire campaign in one sitting in under 3 hours, like some people think. Just keep practicing each individual mission. Halo 4 I actually got while doing LASO, it was that easy. Halo:CE was slightly challenging, but nothing to hard.

jem0208

Brink was just a bad game that happened to have that movement system in it.
What was wrong with Brink other than some shitty net code and a nonexistent population?

I bought it without reading anything about it, had some fun with it then found out everyone hated it...

Tomash

Kinda like titanfall except you can be just as lethal in movement as on the ground

It has always bothered me in Halo 5 how every movement ability is somehow hindering your offensive capability. When you're exiting sprint, it takes too long before you can shoot again. When you're clambering, you can't shoot. When you're dashing, you can't shoot. So many interruptions. Just because they want to have all these fluid animations, at the cost of fluid gameplay. 'Mantain complete control over your weapon at all times' is what excites me the most about Black Ops 3.

It has always bothered me in Halo 5 how every movement ability is somehow hindering your offensive capability. When you're exiting sprint, it takes too long before you can shoot again. When you're clambering, you can't shoot. When you're dashing, you can't shoot. So many interruptions. Just because they want to have all these fluid animations, at the cost of fluid gameplay. 'Mantain complete control over your weapon at all times' is what excites me the most about Black Ops 3.

That's kind of the point. There's risk and reward to those actions. You may escape a losing shootout if you sprint away, but the pause in shield recharging and momentary loss of weaponry mean you're still at a disadvantage if you're not careful. You can clamber to take a shortcut or get to an optimal position, but you're briefly a target. It's not just for the sake of having cool animations.

I feel the total opposite, I was able to out move and shoot enemies and even teams in the H5 beta. I really felt more enabled in the beta than any previous Halo. Being able to shoot accurately irrespective of advanced movementa sounds OP to me. Why move at all if there is no risk vs. reward?

Mistel

Banned
I'm actually just curious as to what was wrong with it. I've never seen anyone explain why it was bad.
From what I heard about it was rather mediocre and didn't work that well. The AI didn't work that well, story was bad, didn't really deliver on its potential, and the multiplayer didn't really work due to said bad AI. Though the patch might of fixed that don't really know.

Tomash

That's kind of the point. There's risk and reward to those actions. You may escape a losing shootout if you sprint away, but the pause in shield recharging and momentary loss of weaponry mean you're still at a disadvantage if you're not careful. You can clamber to take a shortcut or get to an optimal position, but you're briefly a target. It's not just for the sake of having cool animations.

I'm all for nerfing sprint as a defensive tool, I agree that you should be punished for trying to run away. But I'm talking about offensive capabilites of sprint, and they're being hindered with that delay.

I feel the total opposite, I was able to out move and shoot enemies and even teams in the H5 beta. I really felt more enabled in the beta than any previous Halo. Being able to shoot accurately irrespective of advanced movementa sounds OP to me. Why move at all if there is no risk vs. reward?

Did anyone ever say that crouch jumping is overpowered? It does the same thing as clamber, minus taking away your ability to shoot.

My opinion is that offensive, aggresive play should be rewarded, not punished, or hindered in any way. Same reason motion tracker should be removed from the game.

Offensive, aggressive play is rewarded, if you are good enough individually, and/or lucky at certain moments, and/or working well as a team.

Being able to sprint and shoot would simply speed the game up enormously, whereas now sprint is a burst thing. We're not playing CoD, no matter what some people say.

I would have never thought that i would say this. But Ranked really needs to be removed from the Team Slayer playlist in MCC...

That playlist was my to go "casual" list to have some fun. Now, every match is a annoying mlg 10k tournament.

In general this collection became unplayable for me. Maybe im getting old or something. But i really cant enjoy Halo MP anymore.

jem0208

I would have never thought that i would say this. But Ranked really needs to be removed from the Team Slayer playlist in MCC...

That playlist was my to go "casual" list to have some fun. Now, every match is a annoying mlg 10k tournament.

In general this collection became unplayable for me. Maybe im getting old or something. But i really cant enjoy Halo MP anymore.

You could just not care about ranks?

I mean if TS is your go to casual playlist, just play it casually. Don't try and win every game.

You could just not care about ranks?

I mean if TS is your go to casual playlist, just play it casually. Don't try and win every game.

But getting spawn killed on some trash H1 maps isnt fun... I already left some matches because of that. (i really dont care about the penalty lol)

The thing really is that its not possible anymore to play the TS playlist for fun. Before the ranks, most matches were a bit more quieter. You understand what i mean?

And yeah SWAT is out, but people love to vote H4 there and i cant stand that game either.

Dont know, that playlist management etc is just so bad in MCC.

jem0208

But getting spawn killed on some trash H1 maps isnt fun... I already left some matches because of that. (i really dont care about the penalty lol)

The thing really is that its not possible anymore to play the TS playlist for fun. Before the ranks, most matches were a bit more quieter. You understand what i mean?

And yeah SWAT is out, but people love to vote H4 there and i cant stand that game either.

Dont know, that playlist management etc is just so bad in MCC.

So it sounds like you don't enjoy H1 or H4, why don't you just play the H3, H2 and H2C playlists then?

So it sounds like you don't enjoy H1 or H4, why don't you just play the H3, H2 and H2C playlists then?

Because there is no H3 swat playlist im forced to play the shitty crossgame playlist.

And i like H1, but when i stuck with awful teammates (which is common in MCC it seems like for me) it really happens to get spawn killed. Maybe 343 should improve H1 spawns too. But its mostly a issue with bad team mates.

Yesterday too, SWAT Oddball H3. Ive got the kids that played the game for the first time it seems and it was impossible and not fun to play this match.

Im always shocked after every match how bad some people are. And its a thing i really dont understand.

Kssio_Aug

Anyone having issues connecting to the game now? I'm not sure if this is my connection, but I can't get past the "searching for players" message. =/

I just noticed that 343 seems to be welcoming some more Reach motifs into their aesthetic lately, such as the Auntie Dot "grid" lines in that e-mail, Locke's fireteammate with Reach-era HAZOP, etc.

Ramirez

From what I heard about it was rather mediocre and didn't work that well. The AI didn't work that well, story was bad, didn't really deliver on its potential, and the multiplayer didn't really work due to said bad AI. Though the patch might of fixed that don't really know.

The game was a MP only title, with the campaign of something equivalent to Battlefront, it was just bot MP matches.

The game was fun, but obviously was probably made with a miniscule budget compared to something like Halo or CoD. It had a pretty bad netcode, and the population was non existent. But it obviously did something right for Titanfall to copy the parkour.

iirc, Wizard doesn't have level 2 spawns, so almost every spawn on that map is miserable.

Skill gap. /funknown

jem0208

Anyone having issues connecting to the game now? I'm not sure if this is my connection, but I can't get past the "searching for players" message. =/

My MCC has been working really well recently. I've actually been enjoying playing Halo, no quitters and actual skill matching is doing wonders.

The game was a MP only title, with the campaign of something equivalent to Battlefront, it was just bot MP matches.

The game was fun, but obviously was probably made with a miniscule budget compared to something like Halo or CoD. It had a pretty bad netcode, and the population was non existent. But it obviously did something right for Titanfall to copy the parkour.

Titanfall also copied the whole multiplayer campaign aspect. Although neither did it very well.

Sordid

Not connecting to the game but I had played a Team Slayer game earlier and the connection was absolutely horrible, players were teleporting & eating shots all over the place. Definitely wasn't dedicated :( switched it off after that.

Welp. Just played MCC Multi in earnest for the first time in a couple of months. Works been keeping me slammed. I am definitely rusty as hell, I just got my ass handed to me. My whole squad did, honestly, but I just got slaughtered seconds after every respawn.

F it, I'm going to JazzFest in the rain, I'll come back, practice and git gud-ish later.

Lore thread is also freaking about something HuntTheTruth related that's supposed to happen today through the 28th.

A surprise BTB beta is probably too much to wish for...

Mistel

Banned

The map design was pretty good back when I was looking at it closer too its release, Splash damage tend to have really nice map design least from what I remember of Doom 3's multi and Brink map screenshots. I would of got it then but what I heard put me off of it.

Top Bottom