• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

What if Ryn is a Speedy alt that's playing on the notion that they don't own a Bone when in fact they probably have like 5?

Could be an interesting M. Night twist.

Agreed that Locke & Co should get donged on by Blue Team on at least one occasion before the end of the game.

Also, H4 SWAT is more fun than it has any right to be, especially with Objectives.

Well... why not? The point of doing it in person, I thought, was like smacking him on the nose with a newspaper, to try and intimidate him for questioning the official story. ONI HQ is a scary-ass place, from the sound of it. Why not just bring in a Mendez-lookalike actor to feed him more of the same?

Mendez's identity and relationship with MC/Spartans is most likely not well known to the public. Sully had to even mention that Mendez was the one to train Chief. I'm saying they could say "This is John Doe and he trained all the Spartans" and it would have the same effect.

Booshka

What if Ryn is a Speedy alt that's playing on the notion that they don't own a Bone when in fact they probably have like 5?

Nah, Ryn is a real person, he recently martyred his account for the HolyBaikal of HaloGAF, SpeedyBlueDude.

Mendez's identity and relationship with MC/Spartans is most likely not well known to the public. Sully had to even mention that Mendez was the one to train Chief. I'm saying they could say "This is John Doe and he trained all the Spartans" and it would have the same effect.

Hmm. True. Still, he definitely didn't give the full story, so if it's Mendez he's a pretty good actor.

Besides, the best lies have a grain of truth and all that.

Blue Team will make no sense to folks that haven't read the books.

Depends on how they introduce them, I suppose.

Blue Team will make no sense to folks that haven't read the books.
2 minute CG cutscene of them growing up together could cover the basics. They can't really communicate the significance of them, so perhaps they shouldn't try save for the basics.

I do wonder how they would handle having that many characters. How do you do Blue Team justice AND have all of Locke's side of the story.
I guess that's (the former) probably not the priority.

Potentially cool, but I've disappointed before. Chief getting Blue Team to accompany him (or them tracking him down and joining him) on his teenage crusade would be more interesting to me than him doing it by himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We haven't heard anything about the Showtime show in a long time.

I do wonder how they would handle having that many characters. How do you do Blue Team justice AND have all of Locke's side of the story.
The Arbiter's returning too. They have a lot to cover with Halo 5 lol

List Time:
  • Locke's hunt and his team
  • Blue Team
  • MC's story w/ Cortana
  • Forerunner stuff (Librarian, Didact, etc.)
  • Politics surrounding Chief atoning for the damage he was involved with and going rogue
  • The Arbiter returning and the state of Sanghelios, Covenant, and his relationship with the UNSC, etc.
  • etc.

Akai__

H3 SWAT is awesome. Had a game winning Killtac Exterm today.

Me and JumperJumpz (and 2 other friends) lost like 1 game out of 20 in SWAT today. Completely pooped on BK's, who can't lead their shots.

Elites in SWAT are bullshit.

Yup. BR's is okay, but try to kill an Elite with a Magnum. lol

Madness

H3 SWAT is bullshit. worst thing ever. I wish that was hyperbole.

I don't know. I wanted it in because it requires a lot of skill. The worst thing is probably H4 with flinch in team snipers.

I wonder if they'll do a playlist consolidation soon or some overall changes. It seems at this point, there are so few players, and the ones who do play, have dug their heels in that they won't play a specific game or only want a specific game ie. Halo 4, Halo 3, only want CE etc.

Halo 3 EGM scans - A lot of hilarity in here. One of my favorites: "Don't just think because it looks like the Halo 1 assault rifle, it must be useless." Got damn Jamie Griesemer, he is some mythical being to many and he says things like this. It hurts, but in a funny way.

Know what's not funny though? Years of discussions like what you'll see here between MLG Cheehwawa and Viper Skills.
lol
I don't know. I wanted it in because it requires a lot of skill. The worst thing is probably H4 with flinch in team snipers.

I wonder if they'll do a playlist consolidation soon or some overall changes. It seems at this point, there are so few players, and the ones who do play, have dug their heels in that they won't play a specific game or only want a specific game ie. Halo 4, Halo 3, only want CE etc.
Toggles would have worked so well for TMCC. Just a bunch of boxes to check off based on whatever they allow.

Halo games: (CE, H2, H2A, H3, H4)
Gametypes: (TS, FFA, CTF, KotH, OB)
Player counts: (2v2, 4v4, FFA (8p by default), 8v8)​

Matchmaking for TMCC.

singhr1

Halo 3 EGM scans - A lot of hilarity in here. One of my favorites: "Don't just think because it looks like the Halo 1 assault rifle, it must be useless." Got damn Jamie Griesemer, he is some mythical being to many and he says things like this. It hurts, but in a funny way.

Know what's not funny though? Years of discussions like what you'll see here between MLG Cheehwawa and Viper Skills.
lol

Toggles would have worked so well for TMCC. Just a bunch of boxes to check off based on whatever they allow.

LOL "What is the best weapon to spawn with? It's absolutely the most critical weapon to get right."

And they chose THAT AR.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Had an idea since I was using a city scene for my remake.

biBNWSc.gif

Hope to finish it up next weekend.

Well, just played a giant pile of SWAT, had a good time (Halo 3 notwithstanding). Actually ran into somebody using their mic, we partied up for a while, that was fun.

I has returned. I missed HaloGaf. Good to be back. =)

On a more pathetic note:
Tried to play H2A with my father yesterday....refused to let us join or load the game.

none of you probably remember me, but that's okay.

wwm0nkey

Have you tried not being a pirate?

Nice to see some returning faces!

Also, it occurs to me that we don't know the specifics on H5 customization; do you guys think they're going to stick with the full body armor + helmet?
I have gained wisdom in my time gone lol

Also super hyped for Blue Team in H5

-Ryn

Banned
The easiest option for covering it would be a big ass exposition dump at the beginning of the game. Though that would be kinda lame. What I think might be more interesting is if the pepper bits of everyone's past (blue team in particular) throughout the game with a few parallels perhaps. Let it still be a bit of a mystery for those that haven't read the books but provide vital info so they can understand what the hell is going on.

A quick recap here and there to explain the previous games would be nice as well.

Pepperidge Farm ain't got nothin on me

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

No

I has returned. I missed HaloGaf. Good to be back. =)

On a more pathetic note:
Tried to play H2A with my father yesterday....refused to let us join or load the game.

none of you probably remember me, but that's okay.
Missed ya Fahz

Welcome back

The question is, do all Legendary weapons give stat buffs by default like the PB? And if they do can you turn them off so you can have "normal" matches?

I'd imagine you can turn off Legendary Weapons, in Forge if not in Custom settings.

And yeah, curious to see how they handle the rest. Prophet's Bane could swing wildly between "hilariously OP" and "entirely useless," depending on how things go in the match*. I'd imagine the SPNKr's advantage would be reload speed or something similar.

*Which reminds me, they really need to tone down the glare on the Bane. Couldn't see shit.

Halo games: (CE, H2, H2A, H3, H4)
Gametypes: (TS, FFA, CTF, KotH, OB)
Player counts: (2v2, 4v4, FFA (8p by default), 8v8)​

Matchmaking for TMCC.

Alright here's the deal, I support #CEPistol and you support #MatchmakingToggles :)

Toggles just need a couple of things added e.g. fast match vs. strict skill and fast match vs. selecting dedis region and minimum selections required for each of your points above so player pools aren't CGB scattered levels.

I just can't go as far as #NoMotionTracker 100%, I'll go halfway, just the tip maybe. I do have to admit enjoying the CE pistol and no radar slayer more these last couple of weeks playing MCC, not as good as Halo 2/3 OBJ with radar tho.

wwm0nkey

I'm still unspeakably excited for that. I keep getting chills just thinking about it... Blue Team, lawd. Almost never thought I'd see the day.
If I hear that Linda gets bad ass sniper moments in cutscenes I will run out and preorder H5 that minute.... Though I'm liking the story direction right now so I'm pretty pumped.

They should really do The Fall of Reach CGI so other players who haven't read it will know how bad ass Blue Team is.

-Ryn

Banned
I'd imagine you can turn off Legendary Weapons, in Forge if not in Custom settings.

And yeah, curious to see how they handle the rest. Prophet's Bane could swing wildly between "hilariously OP" and "entirely useless," depending on how things go in the match*. I'd imagine the SPNKr's advantage would be reload speed or something similar.

*Which reminds me, they really need to tone down the glare on the Bane. Couldn't see shit.
My guess is the SPNKr's advantage will be lock on. Whether it's strictly air or also land is probably dependent on if the SPLASER is returning.

I'm hoping that if stat buffs do come with all Legendaries that you can turn off just the stat buffs so you can still have a classic style match with the CE pistol and whatnot. Though just to clarify I don't not like stat buffs. I just hope that they aren't mandatory. Either way though I just want to see the M6D return in all it's glorious rektitude.

Alright here's the deal, I support #CEPistol and you support #MatchmakingToggles :)
Do you support #BuildingBreakage?

They should really do The Fall of Reach CGI so other players who haven't read it will know how bad ass Blue Team is.
Take it a step further. I would pay so much to see a Halo ODST/H5 style adaptation of The Fall of Reach.

Top Bottom