• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
Destiny has a lot of potential as a game too bad it doesn't live up to 90% of it :p

As a consumer who spent $60 on a fundamentally broken game, I'm very sympathetic towards the people who were partying at "HaloFest" while this piece of shit was being shipped to my door from Amazon. Unrealistic deadlines... welcome to game development. Don't try to find excuses for this turd and how they've handled this turd since release.
Your disappointment in your purchase has nothing to do with the what I'm saying (not saying it isn't justified).

I'm just pointing out that the situation isn't some black and white ordeal. Saying "Welcome to game development" means absolutely nothing. So what, because it supposedly comes with the territory means it's okay or that we should be unsympathetic? No matter how good a dev you are, a rushed deadline will create a shittier game. I like to believe that they legitimately didn't realize the extent of the issues as Frank and multiple others have said. I'm sure they knew about some but I doubt they would've been having a ball if they knew how royally boned it was.

343 isn't incompetent (H5 has been proof of that). They have plenty of talented people there that care about Halo and what they've actually done so far has worked very well.

From the #huntthetruth thread

I'm kinda surprised to see that Forerunner thing.
Holy shit that actually looks cool

philipnash19

Neo Member
Blue team confirmed in Halo 5, that is Linda!
073-a458e4fea5434603bb2760342944af77

f13.jpg

As you can compare!

Blue team confirmed in Halo 5, that is Linda!
073-a458e4fea5434603bb2760342944af77

f13.jpg

As you can compare!

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ohmigodohmigodohmigod, I have been waiting for this since I was 9.

-Ryn

Banned
Been making some more progress lately:

e73702fd9b808d2a37b2c084a5c30d20.png
I see you have a roof now. Looks good.

Keep it up dude.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It's gonna be Legendary breh

I remember reading the books and wishing we could see that kind of incredible badassery in the games. So glad it's finally happening.

daedalius

Apparently master chief reassigned himself AND all of blue team!

I like to believe that they legitimately didn't realize the extent of the issues as Frank and multiple others have said. I'm sure they knew about some but I doubt they would've been having a ball if they knew how royally boned it was.

If there's one thing 343 has earned, it's to take them at their word.

BokehKing

Banned
This is my worry actually, how good is it solo? None of my friends have an X1...

Link up with the people in DGAF that have it for x1
Or go in there now and ask around to see who has it for x1 and get some GT's
Don't buy the game for Single Player Campaign, you don't even need to beat the first two planets to hit level 20, just do bounties and crucible and maybe the first planets story missions and then the first mission on the moon.

Don't listen to people who have not played it since September either, a lot has changed since then, even more changing come May 19th

RowdyReverb

Locke's red team looks modern 343 while MC's blue team looks classic Bungie. This game is going to be like an embodiment of the countless debates fans have had over Halo for the past few years. I'll bet red team has fancy armor abilities and sprint while blue team has traditional spartan abilities and... health packs?

Also, I'm considering re-reading Fall of Reach and First Strike to refresh my lore memory. Is the comic any good or should I just stick with the novel?

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 5 should add wall running
Woah there Tails save some ideas for Halo 6

If the 343 add Wall running and wall jumping... jebus...

I hope they capture Kelly's speed...
c24.gif

Add Macer to Locke's team and Kelly to Blue
I thought Kelly already was on Blue team? Or did Chief reassign her?

If there's one thing 343 has earned, it's to take them at their word.
Whatever dude

Perhaps you haven't paid any attention to their efforts outside of the MCC, but they've been doing enough warrant giving them the benefit of the doubt imo.

Karl2177

Whatever dude

Perhaps you haven't paid any attention to their efforts outside of the MCC, but they've been doing enough warrant giving them the benefit of the doubt imo.

Because teasing a jpeg is enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to think that other studios would drop everything until they had their first game fixed before releasing another.

Halo 5 started development long before MCC.
MCC was developed by a much smaller secondary team.
Like I said in the very post you're responding to, Microsoft would never, ever allow Halo 5 to be delayed, so if 343i dropped everything to fix MCC, Halo 5 would just launch incomplete.

I believe this one. You can fabricate any other officer to be the one to train Spartans. Using the actual guy by his name? Would never happen with a fake.

Well... why not? The point of doing it in person, I thought, was like smacking him on the nose with a newspaper, to try and intimidate him for questioning the official story. ONI HQ is a scary-ass place, from the sound of it. Why not just bring in a Mendez-lookalike actor to feed him more of the same?

Top Bottom