• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ghazi

What if Ryn is a Speedy alt that's playing on the notion that they don't own a Bone when in fact they probably have like 5?

Could be an interesting M. Night twist.

There's an easy way to check:

Fuck. Shit.

If he doesn't post for the rest of the page, we know the profanity filter kicked in :)

Kappa

Computron

My first MCC game in several weeks.
I just had the option to end game for everyone in a matchmade game of halo 2.
not quit game, but end game. it worked too.

wtf?

Missed ya Fahz

Welcome back

Thanks bud =)

I owe a lot of my recent entertainment to you man. You were right, Trigun is amazing. My wife and I bought the movie and it was also really good. Watched a bunch of other anime as well. Thanks for all your suggestions months ago! Lol

Ramirez

My first MCC game in several weeks.
I just had the option to end game for everyone in a matchmade game of halo 2.
not quit game, but end game. it worked too.

wtf?

Highs out weigh the lows!
KJE8OjU.png

I'm confused. I played about five Halo 3 games of SWAT. Was pretty smooth, no issues. What's the problem? You babbies not leading your shots or something?

game still sucks

-Ryn

Banned
Thanks bud =)

I owe a lot of my recent entertainment to you man. You were right, Trigun is amazing. My wife and I bought the movie and it was also really good. Watched a bunch of other anime as well. Thanks for all your suggestions months ago! Lol
lol Anytime bro

tumblr_inline_n8f9sag3Xv1rbpimx.gif

Glad you both liked them. If you're ever interested in more suggestions feel free to ask.

You'd have to ask Tawpgun about the highs, he insists they're there.
That's because he's way up tawp

I hope there is some introductory videos or miniseries about them if not people wont care about them like it happened with Lasky in Halo 4

I mean... Lasky is pretty new as a character and he's kinda meh. Blue Team has existed since even before Halo CE in The Fall of Reach, just not in the games. They're Chief's only "family" and they are badass as all hell working together. Can't wait.

-Ryn

Banned
Good to be back! Though it was probably a good time for a temp ban since finals are here lol
HaloGAF is a magical place

As we know magic is incredibly distracting because it's awesome

I mean... Lasky is pretty new as a character and he's kinda meh. Blue Team has existed since even before Halo CE in The Fall of Reach, just not in the games. They're Chief's only "family" and they are badass as all hell working together. Can't wait.
Is... is that the Webmaster with a Jetpack?

[Seriously, welcome back folks! Especially the long-lost Fahz! :p

Hey you, go back to playing Destiny...traitor.

seeing you play that game every day keeps tempting me to get it.... DARN YOU. We'll see if I have the courage to wait until Halo 5..beta was so good.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone =)

you know the population is small when the same guy that donged on you and carried the opposing team helps you carry 2 games later.

(decided to play some halo 3 before turning in for the night)

Impala26

seeing you play that game every day keeps tempting me to get it.... DARN YOU. We'll see if I have the courage to wait until Halo 5..beta was so good.

Regarding your spoiler, I walk a fine line between:

so-good.gif

AND
YX6ZTJ2.gif

Good friends and "the experience" keep me playing. It's worth a shot if that's what you're into and can tolerate some grind.

Halo 5 beta was the best Halo experience I've had in many years though, so I'm still very much looking forward to that of course. :p

It has to be a legendary weapon, it's too good of an opportunity.
It makes too much sense. But so did making Camo a Power-up again after Reach, and we saw what happened there.
I just can't go as far as #NoMotionTracker 100%, I'll go halfway, just the tip maybe. I do have to admit enjoying the CE pistol and no radar slayer more these last couple of weeks playing MCC, not as good as Halo 2/3 OBJ with radar tho.
Sound-based radar (meaning you only show up when you shoot) is the best compromise if they really don't want to remove it completely. And lol "just the tip" Ozzy.
That list of gametypes would have to be 2-3 times longer, though.
Yeah, just threw something up. What they could do is change up the toggles based on results. If they see few people voting for OB and KotH, they could combine them into an "Objective" toggle with Extraction, etc. while leaving CTF its own toggle.
Nice, Trigun's a good show. One of my favorites.
LOL! Probably nothing but sadness, too.

I haven't seen any pics. Wouldn't be surprised though.
---
So is there a date on ODST for MCC yet?

It's just the collectors edition. Picture probably demonstrating that the collectors edition contains LE, like Halo: Reach.

I bought the Limited Collector's edition AKA your pic. It's a statue but that's all I know to date. ODST/Relic are for next month but not specific date set yet.

That's one stupidly expensive statue...

Hype got me on this one. I miss not having the Reach statue or Chief's helmet prior to that so I got in early on this one. I thoroughly enjoyed the H5 beta and as usual I'll have a LAN party on launch night again so it's a little something to throw on the bar and then man cave shelf from there.

I'm sure they'll have other goodies e.g. digital items, skins, potentially map packs, booklets. Also Locke's multiplayer armour looks GUD, hopefully they keep it exclusive to the numbered statues.

HaloGAF is a magical place

As we know magic is incredibly distracting because it's awesome

Is... is that the Webmaster with a Jetpack?

You see nothing.

Get Destiny. But get it after House of Wolves drops next month. And only get it if you plan on playing with others. But get it. It's wonderful. :) If you do, add me on Xbox One and I could show you the ropes some time.

Toggles would have worked so well for TMCC. Just a bunch of boxes to check off based on whatever they allow.

Halo games: (CE, H2, H2A, H3, H4)
Gametypes: (TS, FFA, CTF, KotH, OB)
Player counts: (2v2, 4v4, FFA (8p by default), 8v8)​

Matchmaking for TMCC.
Yeah though about that too. But it could really kill the matchmaking. Even your few examples are resulting in 100 different lists to enlist. You would have a lot of unpopulated lists

Reach statue is the best CE statue of all games imho. Looks amazing and is not the typical lame figure of the protagonist.

-Ryn

Banned
I bought Reach's Legendary edition. I don't even know what I did with the statue lol. Never again. I just want the digital items!
Mine is sitting in my closet in its box waiting to be brought out when I have a shelf.

Yea, it better be extremely limited and cool as hell to be asking $249.99 for it.
I expect it to dispense (see: shoot) space sour patch kids shaped like Grunts and fist bump with a detachable rocket fist because it's a statue of the new Prototype suit.

It'll probably just have glowy lights and be very big

It's also worth mentioning Reach was $150, if I remember correctly. So I don't know what they are going to do with H5 to justify the $100 price increase.

Yeah though about that too. But it could really kill the matchmaking. Even your few examples are resulting in 100 different lists to enlist. You would have a lot of unpopulated lists
It would be matchmaking so it would automatically put you into games with people that have similar toggles. Depending on search time, it would match you as close as possible to what you wanted.
Reach statue is the best CE statue of all games imho. Looks amazing and is not the typical lame figure of the protagonist.
Yeah the Reach statue was really well done. It sits on top of my dresser and reminds me how awesome that game would have been if it was The Fall of Reach in video game form. Still one of the best conclusions in its final act though.

-Ryn

Banned
Hype got me on this one. I miss not having the Reach statue or Chief's helmet prior to that so I got in early on this one. I thoroughly enjoyed the H5 beta and as usual I'll have a LAN party on launch night again so it's a little something to throw on the bar and then man cave shelf from there.

I'm sure they'll have other goodies e.g. digital items, skins, potentially map packs, booklets. Also Locke's multiplayer armour looks GUD, hopefully they keep it exclusive to the numbered statues.
Because I joined in just after H3 launched I had to track down the limited editions for H2 and H3.
I found them in a mall at the same Fun Unlimited.

I'm probably preordering it too :p

It's also worth mentioning Reach was $150, if I remember correctly. So I don't know what they are going to do with H5 to justify the $100 price increase.
Glowy lights man! Glowy lights!!

You see nothing.
The plot thickens...

Only way I'm buying Halo 5 Legendary version is if this is inside the box:
My god that is glorious...

Omni

I've got like 50 dollars on my preorder of H5 so if the statue or whatever isn't any good then I'll just swap it over to the cheaper limited edition.

Realise pre-ordering is bad. But who am I kidding. As much as I hated Halo 4, I wasn't ever going to not buy the next Halo. Especially after the beta which was fun.

Top Bottom