• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Tawpgun

Just a heads up, Josh said he agrees that DLC is bad for splitting communities in a conversation we had on TB.

Could be just his own personal opinion regardless of what MS decides to do with DLC monetization, OR, is proof they won't be splitting the DLC community anymore in Halo 5.

The context made it seem like he agrees it's best Halo 5 doesn't have paid DLC maps.
Hope so

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Can feel the dani salt in the air

MeatLoveSalt_karaday.jpg

I'd have to imagine the Halo 4 DLC sales were really poor, I didn't even bother buying the one that had the Pit in it.

I bought it and didn't play it like at all.

Bought it because I like The Pit. =/

VinFTW

I know some of you guys don't care about this stuff, rightfully so, but it would also go a long way to making 343i/Halo look somewhat good again if all the maps were free.

It's a smart/logical practice, but also not a very common thing that occurs when you have stuff like BF Premium, CoD DLC map packs, etc.

Could help jump-start a turn-around for their image. Again, I know some of you guys don't care about this stuff, but for me personally, it would be nice to enjoy talking about Halo 5 without constantly being reminded I'm a "sheep" for supporting them after MCC.

Just a heads up, Josh said he agrees that DLC is bad for splitting communities in a conversation we had on TB.

Could be just his own personal opinion regardless of what MS decides to do with DLC monetization, OR, is proof they won't be splitting the DLC community anymore in Halo 5.

The context made it seem like he agrees it's best Halo 5 doesn't have paid DLC maps.

If they mention all map DLC is free before launch I will buy the game at launch. If not I'll just wait for black friday sales

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I know some of you guys don't care about this stuff, rightfully so, but it would also go a long way to making 343i/Halo look somewhat good again if all the maps were free.

It's a smart/logical practice, but also not a very common thing that occurs when you have stuff like BF Premium, CoD DLC map packs, etc.

Could help jump-start a turn-around for their image. Again, I know some of you guys don't care about this stuff, but for me personally, it would be nice to enjoy talking about Halo 5 without constantly being reminded I'm a "sheep" for supporting them after MCC.

There's a difference between herd mentality and blind support, and wanting to support the franchise and see things turn around.

Fact is, the fan base is in the state it is in because of how 343 has acted and the choices they have made. Nobody wants to waste time bitching, we all just want a quality game we can slip into for hours and have fun. Halo 4 didn't deliver on this for a lot of fans. Then MCC happened.

"Trust us" "Feels like Halo" "Exactly as you remember".

I find it hard to place any trust in any company that makes bold claims and promises yet produces a product that severely under-delivers in terms of quality and expectations. Twice.

By all means be excited, and want Halo to be good. We all want that. Just try and learn from past mistakes and don't take 343 blindly at their word until they actually prove something to the fans, instead of the stockholders and managers.

VinFTW

There's a difference between herd mentality and blind support, and wanting to support the franchise and see things turn around.

Fact is, the fan base is in the state it is in because of how 343 has acted and the choices they have made. Nobody wants to waste time bitching, we all just want a quality game we can slip into for hours and have fun. Halo 4 didn't deliver on this for a lot of fans. Then MCC happened.

"Trust us" "Feels like Halo" "Exactly as you remember".

I find it hard to place any trust in any company that makes bold claims and promises yet produces a product that severely under-delivers in terms of quality and expectations. Twice.

By all means be excited, and want Halo to be good. We all want that. Just try and learn from past mistakes and don't take 343 blindly at their word until they actually prove something to the fans, instead of the stockholders and managers.

I don't blindly support any company, if the shit they were putting out for the campaign and if the Beta wasn't so good, I wouldn't be excited.

As for pre-ordering? Fuck that noise, it's not a smart thing to do. Wait to see if the servers work, etc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I don't blindly support any company, if the shit they were putting out for the campaign and if the Beta wasn't so good, I wouldn't be excited.

As for pre-ordering? Fuck that noise, it's not a smart thing to do. Wait to see if the servers work, etc.

First Halo game I have not pre-ordered.

Pre-ordering is free money for big businesses to earn interest on your cash. It's a parasite on the industry.

Top Bottom