• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

abadguy

Banned
Blue team showing up in a game is one of my dreams for Halo.

I just hope that 343i doesn't kill them and use their deaths as a way to "motivate" or whatever the Chief.

I have a feeling they're there for four player co op, like Locke's people.

blue team complete
l41v8Q9.jpg

dwells

So does the ranking system not penalize you for losing? It definitely doesn't penalize you for dashboarding. Really defeats the point if you can't go down a rank.

Madness

If they cut out 4 player split screen and multi-player I doubt they'd put a heavy emphasis on 4 player coop. Obviously with dedicated servers and no p2p at all, 4 player online can still happen, but I don't know.

As an aside, does no one wear the Mark V or Mark VI armor anymore?

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Welcome to HaloGAF. Someone should have the survey to fill out so we can decide whether or not to put you on ignore.
;)

Fixing MCC is easy, all you have to do is beli343. Wait... that doesn't work? Have you tried uninstalling and returning your Xbox?

I don't think an entire survey would be required for a reason to put me on ignore, it might be enough that my most-played Halo by far is Reach
I got a 360 for Halo 4 when it came out.

Welcome. Perhaps a NAT issue? Try disabling "Instant On" under Settings and see if that fixes your issue if you have a Strict NAT; it fixed mine.

This fixes that issue, thanks!

If they cut out 4 player split screen and multi-player I doubt they'd put a heavy emphasis on 4 player coop. Obviously with dedicated servers and no p2p at all, 4 player online can still happen, but I don't know.

Chief's armor is Mark VI now.

Blue team in game, so fucking good! I too have been waiting for this since Eric Nylund books.

Look at Chief the noob carrying an AR amongst sniper, DMR & pistol

blamite

Holy shit, I was totally prepared to not be able to care less about H5 but Blue Team vs Buck? I'm totally in for that.

You just know he's gonna be the first to switch sides, an I can't wait to see it!

About Linda's fugly H4 helmet though...

Nobody's going to be wearing the Mark V on account of it being an antique (unless they add it to multi, naturally). And the Mark VI is Chief's armor; of course he's going to be the only one wearing it in campaign, it's about visual identity.

Also, I'm willing to bet that the lack of 4 player splitscreen is a technical limitation rather than a design decision. 4 player online coop is almost certainly going to be a thing.

Blue team in game, so fucking good! I too have been waiting for this since Eric Nylund books.

Look at Chief the noob carrying an AR amongst sniper, DMR & pistol

H5 AR wrecks fools, remember? Finally, vindication!

Madness

It's more for the look of the Mark V or Mark VI. How hard is it to write, this is a gen 2 that looks identical to the gen 1 versions. For example, people like Palmer are wearing Scout armor, but we can't have Mark V or Mark VI, iconic armor designs be utilized at all beyond MP?

It's more for the look of the Mark V or Mark VI. How hard is it to write, this is a gen 2 that looks identical to the gen 1 versions. For example, people like Palmer are wearing Scout armor, but we can't have Mark V or Mark VI, iconic armor designs be utilized at all beyond MP?

I'm afraid they will make the mistake of not even having Mark V again, we got it in DLC for Halo 4, which still isn't in the MCC.

TCKaos

Chief's armor is still first generation MJOLNIR Mark VI, but it's been heavily modified by Cortana in cryo. It's been retconned as of H2A's terminals that Fred and Linda were outfitted with prototype GEN-2 variants for field testing before the battle of Earth, still based on the basic Mark VI architecture. As for Kelly? Who knows. She and Fred and Linda probably all have straight-up mainline GEN-2 variants now.

Now that I'm looking at it, Chief's armor lacks the battle damage it had in Halo 4, meaning he's probably had his armor replaced with GEN-2 as well.

Nowise10

I finally got KoTH in BTB, on Valhalla. Got MVP in the game, and most points. Didn't get a single "KoTH specific medal" the entire match.

This achievement is lame.

blamite

Chief's armor is still first generation MJOLNIR Mark VI, but it's been heavily modified by Cortana in cryo. It's been retconned as of H2A's terminals that Fred and Linda were outfitted with prototype GEN-2 variants for field testing before the battle of Earth, still based on the basic Mark VI architecture. As for Kelly? Who knows. She and Fred and Linda probably all have straight-up mainline GEN-2 variants now.

Now that I'm looking at it, Chief's armor lacks the battle damage it had in Halo 4, meaning he's probably had his armor replaced with GEN-2 as well.

Not 100% sure, but I believe Chief's armor got repaired in Escalation. Repaired as in it's the same Gen 1 armor, just cleaned up a bit. As for blue team, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what their Gen 1 armor is supposed to look like now. I actually really like Fred and Linda's, at least they have armor pretty similar to what they had in Legends. Better than this for sure.

YGdWzBT.jpg

It's Kat's helmet with Carter's knee glued to it. Nice prop reuse, I guess?

Nowise10

250 Hail to the King's, gooooood luuuuck.

Yeah I just looked it up and Halo 3 only has one KoTH medal, with is that. WTF were they thinking when they made this achievement. Is their was way to get Halo 4 KoTh or Halo 2A? Those games give you medals for anything.

Ramirez

Yeah I just looked it up and Halo 3 only has one KoTH medal, with is that. WTF were they thinking when they made this achievement. Is their was way to get Halo 4 KoTh or Halo 2A? Those games give you medals for anything.

Hail to the King is probably up there with the 25+-0 medals as well as far as difficulty to get, lol.

Madness

That cortana cryo explanation was literally Frankie just trolling about nanomachines no? How the hell does an almost rampant AI on a half busted ship upgrade armor for a guy in cryo sleep?

That cortana cryo explanation was literally Frankie just trolling about nanomachines no? How the hell does an almost rampant AI on a half busted ship upgrade armor for a guy in cryo sleep?
I've always wondered this myself. Lol I'm just imagining cortana playing dress up with john while he's asleep

TCKaos

Not 100% sure, but I believe Chief's armor got repaired in Escalation. Repaired as in it's the same Gen 1 armor, just cleaned up a bit. As for blue team, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what their Gen 1 armor is supposed to look like now. I actually really like Fred and Linda's, at least they have armor pretty similar to what they had in Legends. Better than this for sure.

YGdWzBT.jpg

It's Kat's helmet with Carter's knee glued to it. Nice prop reuse, I guess?

True, but they stumble over Team Black on Installation 03 and their armor is correct for the period.

Karl2177

I'd love to ask Damian Isla how AI seeding in Halo 3 works. Because the last playthrough I had enemies that would chase me while firing their weapons the whole time and allies that would shoot, but always off of their target. Makes a frustrating experience.

Haruko

So does the ranking system not penalize you for losing? It definitely doesn't penalize you for dashboarding. Really defeats the point if you can't go down a rank.

My friend went from 10 to 9 after a loss earlier tonight, back up to 10 after winning next

blamite

Ew people actually play Halo 1 and 2 with the new medal flasher turned on? Gross.

What's the point of H2A having a minimum player count of 8 if the game's just going to sit there with 8 people in the lobby and not start?

Ghazi

Ew people actually play Halo 1 and 2 with the new medal flasher turned on? Gross.

What's the point of H2A having a minimum player count of 8 if the game's just going to sit there with 8 people in the lobby and not start?

I turned it to off, but it won't turn off. So RIP

blamite

Last Resort 1-flag can be sooooo good. That game felt straight out of 2007.

Frankie, Tashi, anyone, if you're reading this please tell somebody to update the recon control scheme for H2A to make LB grenade swap!!! I shouldn't have to either stop moving or pull of some crazy claw maneuver to pull out a plasma for the guy running towards me. ;_;

Top Bottom