• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

On the subject of DLC fragmenting the player-base; if they add Halo: Reach to the MCC, they should charge for the campaign and have the multiplayer for free. There's also the possibility they would just port the campaign, but I would hope we'd get multiplayer too. Of course, this is assuming they do it at all, but with every other shooter being there they almost have to.

On the subject of DLC fragmenting the player-base; if they add Halo: Reach to the MCC, they should charge for the campaign and have the multiplayer for free. There's also the possibility they would just port the campaign, but I would hope we'd get multiplayer too. Of course, this is assuming they do it at all, but with every other shooter being there they almost have to.

I highly doubt that they'll port Reach via the MCC

I highly doubt that they'll port Reach via the MCC

It has timing going against it with Halo 5 releasing in October. I doubt they would want to take players away from the newest game post-release. Then there's the difficulty of porting the newer engine in an already fragile package. Still hope it happens eventually, though I know it's a long shot.

Fuchsdh

It has timing going against it with Halo 5 releasing in October. I doubt they would want to take players away from the newest game post-release. Then there's the difficulty of porting the newer engine in an already fragile package. Still hope it happens eventually, though I know it's a long shot.

I think a lot of it depends on how 343 treats the MCC going forward. If they use it as a sort of catch-all basin to aggregate players (so Halo 5 gets linked to MCC when Halo 6 comes out, et al) then I think it's a lot more likely we'd get Reach as opposed to just leaving it as "here's the campaigns and multi for 1-4 on the new platform."

I don't want 343 trying to port Reach because I honestly think it's too big of a game for them to handle. Just look at how many issues plagued something as "simple" as CE - there's way too much to fuck up and possibly gloss over in transition.

where is the new anniversary version of that gif

8LgGaam.gif

The sad part is that my .gif has the blacks reduced. Post-processing can't really "fix" it on our end, either, because the crushed blacks mean there's nothing to actually be brought out.

Akai__

The sad part is that my .gif has the blacks reduced. Post-processing can't really "fix" it on our end, either, because the crushed blacks mean there's nothing to actually be brought out.

2 generations of crushed black settings and Microsoft doesn't want/care to fix it. Yay!

Some areas in the MCC are actually unplayable (H2A), because of the crushed blacks. We don't even have brightness settings to counter it a little. :(

Madness

So Fred is holding a scope less DMR.

INB4 massive salt.

Why the salt? If they're going to go the ADS route, I'd like to be able to use the single shot DMR without the giant ass scope blocking my screen, even if it was used to balance it's superior range to the BR. The fact aim assist is much lower in Halo 5 helps the weapon, but the 3x scope will always be iffy in maps. You don't want another Reach or Halo 4 where guys are pinging each other across the map and where people who start with AR/Pistol are AR a severe disadvantage.

Mix

Still super sceptical/ pissed off about potential weapon customization... Especially if it alters gameplay no matter what playlist it's in. Because if they split it up this game then the next one they'll throw out that more people liked BTB than arena so they whole damn game will have it :/

Still super sceptical/ pissed off about potential weapon customization... Especially if it alters gameplay no matter what playlist it's in. Because if they split it up this game then the next one they'll throw out that more people liked BTB than arena so they whole damn game will have it :/

Yup wasnt there a BR without any scope in one if the concept art or cgi trailer? Dont remember exactly where.

I think BTB and Arena are going to be really two different games in terms of gameplay. I expect loadouts, perks etc in the "large mp experience"

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Hey HaloGAF, long time lurker but first time poster here having an issue with MCC and seeing if anyone else has it too. Every time I want to play matchmaking (in any playlist) I have to do a full reset of the X1. If I don't do this, I get stuck at "Searching for players" (or sometimes it switches briefly to "Connecting" but then switches back). I've left it for about 10 minutes and it still stays like this. If I do the hard reset I'm then able to find games in ~30 seconds to a minute, and it works fine until I turn off the X1. Anyone know why this happens? Is there a fast way to just reset MCC or something? I only use the X1 for MCC so I dunno if this is a common issue in other multiplayer games.

So I'm not sure if this is just me or an issue with the game but I haven't been able to play matchmaking in MCC for a while now. I wanna say it was right around the time of the last update when I was able to play, but now I can't find games. I'm at college on a strict NAT which might be causing me some trouble, but I've been able to play from college before. I'm not sure if this is the last update fucking me or if it's my college internet taking a huge dump during these last few weeks of school. But I am able to play other games online so...

Edit: funny how that works. Right after I posted this the search I had running in the background found a match. I'm now finding matches quickly again. Maybe I just needed to vent. I seriously couldn't find a game for days... this is a very weird coincidence.

Hey HaloGAF, long time lurker but first time poster here having an issue with MCC and seeing if anyone else has it too. Every time I want to play matchmaking (in any playlist) I have to do a full reset of the X1. If I don't do this, I get stuck at "Searching for players" (or sometimes it switches briefly to "Connecting" but then switches back). I've left it for about 10 minutes and it still stays like this. If I do the hard reset I'm then able to find games in ~30 seconds to a minute, and it works fine until I turn off the X1. Anyone know why this happens? Is there a fast way to just reset MCC or something? I only use the X1 for MCC so I dunno if this is a common issue in other multiplayer games.

Welcome to HaloGAF. Someone should have the survey to fill out so we can decide whether or not to put you on ignore.
;)

Fixing MCC is easy, all you have to do is beli343. Wait... that doesn't work? Have you tried uninstalling and returning your Xbox?

-Ryn

Banned
This world:

I'm still saltier than the Dead Sea right now...
There there. It all gun b k.

It seems Sanghellios is gonna play a prominent role in H5. Perhaps they'll somehow get to the Ark from there?

Hey HaloGAF
Welcome to the Club dude

HaloGAF is a place of Salt, Slrp, and #butts (it's the new Yoga pants)
but mostly #butts

Glad to have ya here and don't forget to pick up your complimentary straw and/or shaker near the entrance.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hey HaloGAF

Welcome.

Also, fuck you.

for real, check yo NAT's, otherwise it's par for the course with the MCC.

Welcome to the Club dude

HaloGAF is a place of Salt, Slrp, and #butts (it's the new Yoga pants)
but mostly #butts

Glad to have ya here and don't forget to pick up your complimentary straw and/or shaker near the entrance.

Picturing HaloGAF in yoga pants is terrifying.
besides Waher

Nowise10

I got 12 achievements left for Halo:MCC, and one of them is to get 250 King of the Hill related medals.

I've played King of the Hill once since the game launched. How in the world are you supposed to get these achievement. Why do they make the medal count so high to begin with?

RdN

Blue team showing up in a game is one of my dreams for Halo.

I just hope that 343i doesn't kill them and use their deaths as a way to "motivate" or whatever the Chief.

Top Bottom