• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

VinFTW

getting on to play if anybody wants to. Gonna ninja invite tawp and ram but I doubt those shut ins want to play

-_-

-Ryn

Banned
"Watch the birdie!!!"
Team 4 Star rocks

QUACK!!

Yeah whenever I play alone I get the most kills on my team.

But also the most deaths lol. I love rushing into an area to get a kill. If I see 2 blips you bet your ass I'm going in head first. I live for those B I G P L A Y S

If I'm playing with a team I'll play to win. But solo I tend to play for fun unless its a really close match, then I dial it down.
This. So much this.

I love making those risky plays!
There's nothing like a high speed, white knuckled, joystick jolting rush to try and win the game or make a comeback. When you pull it off it's like a symphony of victory on Cloud 9.

Though it's important to know when to ease off on the throttle lol

Haruko

Did they remove Breakout and Strongholds?

I only see Slayer in playlist selection as well as my stats

EDIT: also its back to AR/Magnum start

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Did they remove Breakout and Strongholds?

I only see Slayer in playlist selection as well as my stats

EDIT: also its back to AR/Magnum start

what are the maps?

hopefully just a glitch. going back to ar starts doesnt sound fun

Haruko

Could it be a player/playlist consolidation for the last weekend?

That's my guess

5o4A9WU.png

Saw this on twitter looking at recent posts for Halo 5. Bit my tongue

op_ivy

All six maps. Slayer only until the beta ends.

very cool. i was bummed not all maps were available before. i can tough out AR/pistol starts (hope this isnt a hint that this is the "default" starting gear - but it likely will be)

Madness

Just got like 15 Prophets Bane kills on Truth. Tried to make a video for when I got a triple kill and about to do killing frenzy when the double tap guide + X thing recorded the clip, but then blocked the side of the screen, I had to unsnap and got killed.

Maybe it's not viable past onyx, but it shreds people who are silver, bronze, iron still. Think I finished 21-5 even with a man down. Don't know how these people were ranked this high.

op_ivy

i'm done with halo when you can spawn with a shotgun with 20 foot range, a fusion rifle which acts like a shotgun with a small charge time and 50 ft range, or a sniper rifle. ugh.

Madness

Don't know what's up with me not being able to upload clips from upload studio after. Plus most of my clips are nothing super special, just tashi ceiling clips with sniper, rockets, Prophets Bane.

There is one clip I want to post here about motion tracker. I saw some guy on my radar below me on Truth and then disappear. I wait about 4 seconds and then threw a plasma where his blip disappeared and stuck him near grav lift. Just highlighted how stealth is negated with motion tracker.

Just got like 15 Prophets Bane kills on Truth. Tried to make a video for when I got a triple kill and about to do killing frenzy when the double tap guide + X thing recorded the clip, but then blocked the side of the screen, I had to unsnap and got killed.

Maybe it's not viable past onyx, but it shreds people who are silver, bronze, iron still. Think I finished 21-5 even with a man down. Don't know how these people were ranked this high.

If they're a good team you can probably get in one or two kills before they shut you down. But any time they're not too coordinated even at higher ranks you can normally slip in a bigger group and tear through them.

Biggest thing that helps is watching which way you're team is trying to push and flank from any other angle. All you need is that extra second of surprise. Especially on truth.

Madness

q799nDx.jpg

My first perfection. Combination of killing spree with sniper and then running riot with energy sword on eden as red team. Bronze and silver is pretty garbage tier players.

Ramirez

I played about 10 games earlier in the day, and I think all but 2 were against Iron,Bronze, & Silver. It was a completely different game being played. No one turtled, it was constant action, but the people were awful. I finished all of those games with 25+ kills and won them by 20-30+. I have yet to be given any reason to doubt this ranking system is doing an absolute stellar job at ranking people for the most part. Golds/Onyxs can hold their own for the most part, and below that, it's a slaughterfest of people who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Thought it was funny that the guy I played last night mentioned on here how no one went for the Bane. It's a death trap, and completely useless for the most part, so the risk isn't worth it against good people.

Ground Pound and Spartan Charge are essentially one-hit Supers though.

No, not at all...

GP has to hit someone directly to kill them, and sometimes even then it just pops shields and launches them away. It's so risky to do a GP if you're not 100% sure you're going to get the kill. Nothing like Fist of Havoc at all. Charge is only a OHK from behind, it just pops shields from the front.

Cross post

Wow, the change back to AR/Pistol is really hard to get used to again. Anyone play? Send me an invite to party up. Same name as on here.

Madness

I played about 10 games earlier in the day, and I think all but 2 were against Iron,Bronze, & Silver. It was a completely different game being played. No one turtled, it was constant action, but the people were awful. I finished all of those games with 25+ kills and won them by 20-30+. I have yet to be given any reason to doubt this ranking system is doing an absolute stellar job at ranking people for the most part. Golds/Onyxs can hold their own for the most part, and below that, it's a slaughterfest of people who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Thought it was funny that the guy I played last night mentioned on here how no one went for the Bane. It's a death trap, and completely useless for the most part, so the risk isn't worth it against good people.

fZ2HGl1.jpg

Haven't played that much of the beta, but after that last match, the Prophets Bane is again my #1 tool of destruction. The speed boost with sprint and thruster just launches you so far off top mid too. It's like I'm playing mirrors edge or something when I have it.

I definitely think this ten match ranking placement thing might need a tweak. But will wait to see how they absorb the data. I like though having all the maps in now. Should've honestly just added the maps to rotation instead of only making it two for each week.

I'm also happy that they acknowledge flinch will be removed. Let's hope they also turn killcams off by default.

RowdyReverb

Has anybody else had trouble getting into games? For the past few days, I've been getting the "Excuse Us" message after finally getting to the Loading phase of matchmaking. I've quit the build and power cycled to no avail. Advice?
Edit: Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Spectate works, if you're interested

That Evolve open Beta is going to cannibalize away some players. I've been playing it and wondering which Beta to give more attention.
I think I'll hop back on Halo for the last stretch.

Booshka

I haven't played Destiny or Halo 5 Beta, so I was talking out of my ass and joking.

Next time I'll put a Kappa face in after the comment.

RowdyReverb

Wow, Halo 5 makes previous Halo games feel weird. Took a few games to stop hitting Thruster on muscle memory. Also I had to keep reminding myself I didn't have to be so conservative about sprinting in H4.

Top Bottom