• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

I think I found your problem.

Haven't gone negative in a long time though. Don't think I've not been top of my team in like 20+ games. It's whatever. I think if I had friends or cousins who were more willing to play, it would have been better overall. I really think the MCC fiaco really did a number on how much I care about the franchise.

Magwik

Banned
BBRn37R.jpg

Apparently this is the achievement art for the Halo 2 LASO playlist

VinFTW

Last two days of beta and were back to ar and pistol starts??????

This is stupid.

Yeah lol, don't think I wanna play :/

Nope. I played two games, it's boring and just comes down to typical smg start style gameplay, grab rifles, dominate the other team. The pistol doesnt provide range protection when you spawn.

Oh well, ill play mcc, but its too bad they made my weekend of halo 5 beta fun go out the window. I was looking forward to playing it all weekend.

Maybe that late weekend patch will come out today

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yeah lol, don't think I wanna play :/
Nope. I played two games, it's boring and just comes down to typical smg start style gameplay, grab rifles, dominate the other team. The pistol doesnt provide range protection when you spawn.

Oh well, ill play mcc, but its too bad they made my weekend of halo 5 beta fun go out the window. I was looking forward to playing it all weekend.

MaGlock

3 matches in a row on Pegasus against 4 man teams makes me want to snap my controller in half. Lose the fight for the power weapons and and match is basically over

TTUVAPOR

Banned
3 matches in a row on Pegasus against 4 man teams makes me want to snap my controller in half. Lose the fight for the power weapons and and match is basically over

Blame that on ar pistol starts.

Why does 343 insist on even trying that anymore? Was the smg starts or ar starts of halo 3 not enough evidence??

If someone from 343 is reading, please change it back to ar br starts before the beta ends.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm both excited and anxious to see what they've done with big team. For some reason I feel like they're going to incorporate a class system like in Battlefield.
Anxited?

Same for me. I hope they don't do a class system though. At least not one that gives people special powers (though I would be interested in a spin off that tried playing around with some ideas). I just hope there's a large vehicle sandbox with health indicators besides the ambiguous "things are on fire" and beeping.

So much beeping...

I really just want to ground pound straight through a Banshee with it exploding spectacularly behind me in the air. *ka-chick*

AR/Magnum starts are not the way to go unless the Magnum has a serious buff. The few games I played last night weren't fun at all honestly.

Either BR/AR starts or give a serious buff to the Magnum because it's just not a contender. I was having more fun in the Halo 4 playlist than I was in Halo 5, can you believe that? Go back and use the Halo 4 Magnum, then see if you think it's not better than the Halo 5 one. IMO, giving the Halo 4 Magnum less bloom and 4 more bullets would be great.

They really should just bring back the CE Magnum though, but that's definitely not going to happen because they insist on keeping it hitscan. A powerful projectile-based Magnum could be so much fun with AR/Magnum starts.

AR/Magnum starts are not the way to go unless the Magnum has a serious buff. The few games I played last night weren't fun at all honestly.

Either BR/AR starts or give a serious buff to the Magnum because it's just not a contender. I was having more fun in the Halo 4 playlist than I was in Halo 5, can you believe that? Go back and use the Halo 4 Magnum, then see if you think it's not better than the Halo 5 one. IMO, giving the Halo 4 Magnum less bloom and 4 more bullets would be great.

They really should just bring back the CE Magnum though, but that's definitely not going to happen because they insist on keeping it hitscan. A powerful projectile-based Magnum could be so much fun with AR/Magnum starts.

A low kill time would vastly improve the sprint issues.

Ramirez

They should just straight up get rid of the AR. Such a horrible weapon and has been range inducing in every single game it's been in,

For once, I agree with you.

I hate it's look, and I hate the gameplay it offers. I don't have a problem with automatics, I use automatics in all other FPS! The AR is the worst though.

The pistol needs better sights, the one it has now it basically useless. The recoil is too severe, and the flinch penalty against an AR seems more severe than the other weapons, but that could be a mind trick due to its small size on the screen.

The amount of work that goes into getting a pistol kill VS all other weapons in the game is astronomical.

woodland

They specifically took out BR secondary for the last two days? Like. I can deal with them adding AR/BR starts instead of pure BR, but you get rid of the BR completely? ...Why

TTUVAPOR

Banned
They specifically took out BR secondary for the last two days? Like. I can deal with them adding AR/BR starts instead of pure BR, but you get rid of the BR completely? ...Why

Maybe theyre tryi g to still push the non rifle start game and see if it really does suck for sure... Lol

Id compare population stats across all their starting weapon sets and wager the ar br was the highest played.

Top Bottom