• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Mix

Please name one thing 343 has done that has

A. Gone well

B. Been received well by fans

C. What the community wanted.

The forerunner novels, the Fall of Reach comic series, the Escalations comic series, the toy and mega bloks lines, Halo 4 (was pretty popular, I'm personally not a fan, and I will argue this if you really feel the need to), FUD was received well enough, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, HaloFEST, most if not any form of expanded universe, the TURBO update to Halo 4, and much more. 343 has been in charge of Halo (outside of ODST and Reach) since like 2008/2009. Pretty much everything since then has been fine. Just because you like/dislike it doesn't mean that everyone shares your opinion.

-Ryn

Banned
So you were upset with the people who are mad at 343?
To clarify, no I was not upset with anyone.
I saw people making either hyperbole or just outright dismissing legitimate reasons and set out to correct them. Not to prove I'm right or to level up my internet dick, but to try and get people to look on the bright side. A couple months ago people were asking that some be fired. Or calling 343 bums. HaloGAF has its moments.

Maybe it's a misguided goal.
Maybe it's pointless.
I don't know. I'm just tired of constant salt (and no I don't say that to trivialize anyone's complaints). I did it with Halo 4 and it didn't benefit me at all. It was just miserable.

Please name one thing 343 has done that has

A. Gone well

B. Been received well by fans

C. What the community wanted.
Oh FFS

ARE YOU REAL!?

Mix

ITS RELEVANCY IS NEVER ENDING

Okay, let's try this then...

What was the last Halo game you enjoyed? Did you enjoy the Halo 5 beta? Why or why not?

I also love the intentional ignorance when it comes to acknowledging the examples of things all of us point out that proves you wrong. You flat out ignore it as though it were never posted.

Source

I'm pretty late to this, but I just finished 10 matches in the beta. Is there anywhere I can view my matches on HaloWaypoint? I ask because I am not finding anything myself. Did they not get tracked and stored?

The forerunner novels, the Fall of Reach comic series, the Escalations comic series, the toy and mega bloks lines, Halo 4 (was pretty popular, I'm personally not a fan, and I will argue this if you really feel the need to), FUD was received well enough, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, HaloFEST, most if not any form of expanded universe, the TURBO update to Halo 4, and much more. 343 has been in charge of Halo (outside of ODST and Reach) since like 2008/2009. Pretty much everything since then has been fine. Just because you like/dislike it doesn't mean that everyone shares your opinion.

*Pretty popular? You mean having the fastest population drop by far in Halo history?

Impala26

Try since 2001, because it was different than what they showed at MacWorld

#NewHaloHatinHipster #nofilter #nopreemptivemultitasking

Behold Him in all his glory!

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, let's try this then...

What was the last Halo game you enjoyed? Did you enjoy the Halo 5 beta? Why or why not?

I enjoyed Halo Reach ZBNS. No sprint, no bloom, fast gameplay. I also enjoy Halo 2 Anniversary when the shitty net code and lag spikes don't affect me.

I kind of liked Halo 5, but I can already tell 343 is going in the opposite direction than what Halo fans actually want.

Mix

*Pretty popular? You mean having the fastest population drop by far in Halo history?

Wow, how can you be so dense? The population dropped off, of course, not only was it a stretch from anything Halo had been before ( I already said I didn't like it, so I won't argue that) but Call of duty came out as well as a ton of other games the following week. Halo 2, 3, and reach did not have this competition.

I enjoyed Halo Reach ZBNS. No sprint, no bloom, fast gameplay. I also enjoy Halo 2 Anniversary when the shitty net code and lag spikes don't affect me.

I kind of liked Halo 5, but I can already tell 343 is going in the opposite direction than what Halo fans actually want.

This is by far the most vague answer I think I could have gotten. How does this answer the question? Why do you feel that way? Do you not think that it's a significant improvement over Halo 4?

Wow, how can you be so dense? The population dropped off, of course, not only was it a stretch from anything Halo had been before ( I already said I didn't like it, so I won't argue that) but Call of duty came out as well as a ton of other games the following week. Halo 2, 3, and reach did not have this competition.

Reach competed with MW2? One of the most popular shooters ever? Reach only dipped under 100k after a couple of years. Halo 4 fell under that after a few months.

And if a game is good the population will stay.

-Ryn

Banned
Comparatively, yeah it wasn't popular. As its own game though it had a healthy population for a good amount of time.

Halo fans actually want.
I sincerely hope you aren't the megaphone through which 343 hear's the voice if the community.

I can't believe some shitty Sonic game is being compared to MCC. Just stop Ryn, stahp.

*sigh*

Not even gonna try.
So what class do you prefer in Destiny?

Mix

Reach competed with MW2? One of the most popular shooters ever? Reach only dipped under 100k after a couple of years. Halo 4 fell under that after a few months.

Reach came out September 14th, 2010

Black Ops is what you're actually thinking about and it came out almost exactly two months later on November 9th, Reach had an established crowd returning to it, and guess what? Reach got repetitive and was not that great, a lot of people left Halo after Reach. They all bought Halo 4 hoping it would be a return to grace and was not, therefore, everyone left the week after to play a game they knew what to expect from.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Oh fuck off with that bullshit.

Halo 2 had competition, it was simply so much better than everything else available.

Halo 3 had more players online 3 years after launch (and 3 cod games, 2 of which turned cod into what it is today) than Halo 4 did 3 weeks after launch.

Even Halo Reach against an ever growing CoD still had an almost respectable population years after launch.

Halo 4s hilarious drop was because of Halo 4, not you're imagined "competition". What else do you expect from an abortion of a half breed game. Why would people who want to play CoD, play Halo? And why would people who want to play Halo play CoD?

Now look at Halo 5. Just more crap taken from cod with added #immersion.

Mix

nvm,

Halo 4 did have "competition" it's ignorant of you to say otherwise. I also already said in the post you even quoted that Halo 4 had issues and that's part of the problem. As a matter of fact, most of that post is "hey, Halo 4 isn't very good"

I'm done arguing with y'all. There's no getting through, I'm just wasting time.

Impala26

pictured waiting for his mac to reboot after attempting to launch Sherlock

I may never be able to forgive Bungie for firing the Elder though:

martyodonnell.jpg

My favorite fun fact is that prior to Bungie, Marty actually worked as a much smaller-time audio tech for Cyan on Riven the Sequel to Myst--and that a type of poison frog in Riven is named in his honor "The Ytram".

"Ytram" being "Marty" backwards of course.

halo 4 was the game that made over 700k halo players stop playing basically forever, me included. im pretty sure everyone's seen the halocharts graph at this point.

King Leo

Neo Member
I have to agree... 343i is an extremely untalented group of people from what I've seen so far. They are soooo bad at launching games, as well as fixing them. Halo 4 launched as a beta, MCC launched as an alpha build. Seems like a bunch of amateurs. At least Bungie always brought us a fuctioning game and matchmaking system - even if they weren't as involved in the community as 343 is. Please 343, try hiring competent people.

Ramirez

I have to agree... 343i is an extremely untalented group of people from what I've seen so far. They are soooo bad at launching games, as well as fixing them. Halo 4 launched as a beta, MCC launched as an alpha build. Seems like a bunch of amateurs. At least Bungie always brought us a fuctioning game and matchmaking system - even if they weren't as involved in the community as 343 is. Please 343, try hiring competent people.

MCC wasn't even made by them, and Halo 4 launched fine performance wise. I'm all for shitting on MCC, but to say the studio doesn't have talented people is just...dumb.

King Leo

Neo Member
MCC wasn't even made by them, and Halo 4 launched fine performance wise. I'm all for shitting on MCC, but to say the studio doesn't have talented people is just...dumb.

That's no excuse to me. The development of MCC was overlooked by 343. There were actually plenty of bugs/faults with Halo 4, which took more than 6 months to actually address. I can understand there's some passionate few at 343, but I'd say the majority are not very competent. MCC is laughable.

jem0208

Interesting that one guy on a random forum on the Internet can speak as to the opinions of a community made up of many millions of different people.

Halo 4 launched as a beta,

What? This can't be serious.

Weren't there a lot of issues with Halo 4's launch such as missing features, missing content, etc.? Fileshare didn't function properly, Terminals weren't in the game, Campaign was buggy, they promised a nice distribution of playlists but only gave us the one "Pro" lol, etc. etc.

Weren't there a lot of issues with Halo 4's launch such as missing features, missing content, etc.? Fileshare didn't function properly, Terminals weren't in the game, Campaign was buggy, they promised a nice distribution of playlists but only gave us the one "Pro" lol, etc. etc.

I recall Fileshare being troublesome.
All in all, a fair bit of regression from prior titles.

Fileshare and finding hot items to download became more difficult. Customs and Forge also took a step back.

-Ryn

Banned
Were there issues?

Um... YEAH.

Pretty much everything you listed there was an issue. Half of them weren't really ever resolved. It was not a good time.

Ricochet was great when it finally happened

King Leo

Neo Member

Yep, it genuinely felt like a beta. Not to mention it was the shittiest Halo game to date. People have some really bad memory.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

That, and more bugs then Halo 3, Reach and their betas combined.

Madness

Soon™... Yeah there were a few issues with the Halo 4 launch. They even removed the Pro playlist to tweak it and it wasn't until months later that it was brought back, meaning you couldn't play anything non-Infinity. Spartan Ops wasn't finished in time and had to be a separate download we didn't get until a few months later.

Chalked that mostly up to the fact that it was their first game. But MCC is nothing like Destiny. Hell the only thing I can even compare to is Gears 2, but even then, the campaign, horde, worked great. In MCC, there are issues with almost every facet of the game. Campaign issues, crashes, bugs, UI bugs and glitches, map bugs and glitches, party glitches, custom games issues. Whatever Destiny is, it's a game that worked and has worked without issues. Comparing the quality of the content to whether a product is functional is apples to oranges.

Top Bottom