• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

jem0208

It's still introducing enough visual fuckery on precision weapons to be a problem, though.

Other than the DMR the visuals are hardly an issue at all. And honestly the DMR needed something to balance it at range. Making the scope less useful seems like a reasonable solution without making the weapon suck overall.

Tomash

I guess I just don't like the presentation of it, then. I didn't really notice the tunnel-visioning with traditional scopes, but it's pretty apparent your visual range is bottlenecked using ADS.
Yeah, ADS definitely falls into 'feels bad' department. Gun blocking your view, lower FoV, blur. When 'feels bad' is half the argument for not including one balance change, I feel like ADS exists solely to coy reviewers into giving Halo 5 a higher score.

Madness

Because it isn't traditional ADS.

It's not like the old zoom gave you a free view, it shrunk your FOV and darkened the outer area of the zoom.

Shit is in your head if you think it's actually affecting your performance.

Honest question, sales and modernity aside, would you prefer to keep the ADS or have the old classic zoom, especially the one in H2A, Halo 3 etc.

Ramirez

Honest question, sales and modernity aside, would you prefer to keep the ADS or have the old classic zoom, especially the one in H2A, Halo 3 etc.

Indifferent, I truly feel it's the exact same thing. The DMR is the only weapon I notice it.

I'll get on in a bit.

Karl2177

So I realized I don't want Halo 3 Anniversary. The game doesn't need a back and forth what it looks like now vs. then, because quite frankly the game still looks really good(yes, I know of the Sandbox thing, but that's not a lot). That being said, Blur cutscenes for the game would be pretty cool.

Tunavi

Banned
So I realized I don't want Halo 3 Anniversary. The game doesn't need a back and forth what it looks like now vs. then, because quite frankly the game still looks really good(yes, I know of the Sandbox thing, but that's not a lot). That being said, Blur cutscenes for the game would be pretty cool.
H3 ain't that good anyway. I want the halo 1 cutscenes remastered by blur though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
H3 ain't that good anyway. I want the halo 1 cutscenes remastered by blur though.

ibuPrQMHCIA8CP.gif

Madness

Me neither. Unless, they promise to give a fully updated Halo 3 multi-player suite, sort of like Halo 2 anniversary, but every single H3 map is included and updated. So not only would you get the remastered campaign and blur cutscenes, but then a new Halo 3 style multi-player, no H5 stuff, and this time, they can fix a lot of the issues like netcode, movement speed, and BR performance. They'd never do that though.

And to be honest, now that we have MCC, and it's campaign, there's really no need to have it. Unlike Halo CE and Halo 2, who would really be dying to play Halo 3 online? The game went free on Xbox 360, it's part of MCC.

Haruko

2 silvers and an onyx, we get an onyx for a teammate.

Enemy team is 3 pros and 1 semipro.

Good news is, none of us three lost any rating, haha. So that's nice.
my pride though; rest in pepperonis

Fuchsdh

Descibe the campaign and try to make it sound anything other than mediocre.

I like the ark and the covenant a lot though

Storywise, certainly. But Halo 3 definitely has the overall best progression and campaign spaces.

This is a pretty perennial GAF topic, though.

Tunavi

Banned
What is so great about Halo 2's campaign? The back half of it is miserable. The Arbiter levels in general just aren't very good.
I used to not like it, but my h2a playthrough floored me.

Fighting in earths orbit is a fantastic opening, outskirts/metropolis are full of great guerrilla warfare battles, arbiter levels show the start of a covenant civil war, fighting in the free-falling facility during the storm is pretty climactic too.

Halo 3 is about traveling through a jungle, a base, a highway, a handful of anti air turrets, and a base with flood in it until the game finally gets good. Then the cortana level ruins it.

Please no more remakes, just focus on getting Azure dedis/regions, chat, abusive player/team traits and generating content for the various Halo flavours e.g. hardcore, BTB, objective, niche (grifball/action sack).

What 2014 solidified for me was I do not care about the latest game graphics, launch hype, UI changes etc. I care about the content, details, refinement and quality leading to actual enjoyment when I play the game or review/spectate/chat about a game online when not actually playing.

For 2015, Xbox One and specifically Halo I want dedis that work for my region, population that is retained in my region, a game that allows me to enjoy things solo or with mates and content that just keeps me/us coming back. The whole enchilada has to be stable from party chat and leadership to sharing content and actually playing the game.

Honestly I'd love to see a developer staff up to just generate content for the same engine and UI for 3-5 years. Forget reinventing the wheel/design/development every single game release. I'm more than happy for both campaign and multiplayer to receive this sort of process, far more than another updated game remake.

Ramirez

I used to not like it, but my h2a playthrough floored me.

Fighting in earths orbit is a fantastic opening, outskirts/metropolis are full of great guerrilla warfare battles, arbiter levels show the start of a covenant civil war, fighting in the free-falling facility during the storm is pretty climactic too.

Halo 3 is about traveling through a jungle, a base, a highway, a handful of anti air turrets, and a base with flood in it until the game finally gets good. Then the cortana level ruins it.

I read this as "because lore".

residentsleeper

TCKaos

Orion is a terrible map. AR starts is nearly unplayable.

I wish they could have made the send-off to the Beta good instead of absolute garbage. Maybe then I'd have better thoughts about it.

Just had like five consecutive games on Orion where I just got fucking donged all over. Just dick after dick slapping me in the face. Single digits to 50 donging.

And then we got Regret and it was pretty good, won 50-45.

Then I got Orion and got donged on, 27-50.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Tsavo Highway is the single best Halo single player level in the series. Silent Cartographer comes close, but no other level has all of the Halo sandbox in one fantastic mission, capped off with one of the best cutscenes in the series.

Remember the goosebumps from the Halo 3 reveal trailer? "I am your shield, I am your sword...." That cutscene.

-Ryn

Banned
Galaxy S5. Default keyboard.
Nice. I'm surprised the auto correct was so weird.

How's the phone? I've been considering jumping on the Android train since my Windows broke.

When the fack do I get my odst hd
Haha...
you said fack
made me lol

Scarab Battles

*mic drop*

Overall I'd agree Halo 2 was better but when Halo 3 was good, it was GOOD.

edit*
Oh... whoops...

Halo 3 was literally Mario. Your Cortana is in another ship.
Peach lookin' fiiiiiiiine

Ramirez

Tsavo Highway is the single best Halo single player level in the series. Silent Cartographer comes close, but no other level has all of the Halo sandbox in one fantastic mission, capped off with one of the best cutscenes in the series.

Remember the goosebumps from the Halo 3 reveal trailer? "I am your shield, I am your sword...." That cutscene.

That cutscene plays at the end of The Storm?

Orion is a terrible map. AR starts is nearly unplayable.

I wish they could have made the send-off to the Beta good instead of absolute garbage. Maybe then I'd have better thoughts about it.

Just had like five consecutive games on Orion where I just got fucking donged all over. Just dick after dick slapping me in the face. Single digits to 50 donging.

And then we got Regret and it was pretty good, won 50-45.

Then I got Orion and got donged on, 27-50.

Yeah I jumped on Solo and beat this other team 50-2 and 50- 10 on Orion. Not a fair map without BR starts.

TCKaos

Anyone ever compile a full list of armor unlocks for the Beta? I saw a guy running around in what I could have sworn was Fred's armor not too long ago.

Haruko

Anyone ever compile a full list of armor unlocks for the Beta? I saw a guy running around in what I could have sworn was Fred's armor not too long ago.

HALO 5 BETA TASKS (ARMOR)
~ [Recruit] Unlocked by default
~ [Air Assault] Reach SR2 (helmet) and SR3 (armor)
~ [Recon] Reach SR4 (helmet) and SR5 (armor)
~ [Aviator] Reach SR9 (helmet) and SR10 (armor)
~ [Recruit BRN] Reach SR14 (helmet) and SR15 (armor)
~ [Athlon] Reach SR19 (helmet) and SR20 (armor)
~ [Warrior] Reach SR23 (helmet) and SR24 (armor)
~ [Scout] Reach SR25 (helmet only)
~ [Defender] Reach SR26 (helmet) and SR27 (armor)
~ [Air Assault DPT] Reach SR29 (helmet) and SR30 (armor)
~ [Soldier] Reach SR33 (helmet) and SR34 (armor)
~ [Centurion] Reach SR37 (helmet) and SR38 (armor)

HALO 5 BETA TASKS (VISORS)
~ [Recruit] Unlocked by default
~ [Cyan] Reach SR7
~ [Frost] Reach SR12
~ [Blindside] Reach SR17
~ [Sunspot] Reach SR22
~ [Solar] Reach SR28
~ [Verdant] Reach SR32
~ [Midnight] Reach SR35

source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...de/ab842a7d-2087-407b-9955-4a8e151c077d/posts

GrizzNKev

Banned
Nice. I'm surprised the auto correct was so weird.

How's the phone? I've been considering jumping on the Android train since my Windows broke.

Fantastic. Best phone I've ever had. It's not behaving strangely, I just post here from my phone often so it predicts I'm going to say something about Halo being ruined. lol

Also I just aced Dave Candland in Trivia Crack.

antigoon

I've been having that problem off and on since November. Can't join, everyone hard resets, still can't join, play another game.

Same, except this is the worst it has been for me. My friend and I just can't play together no matter how many times we try.

Tunavi

Banned
Scarab Battles
Hell yeah. The double scarab battle is awesome.

Halo 3 isn't bad. It just could have been a lot more interesting before the slip-space rupture. Didn't feel like a sci-fi game at all until The Ark, which is why I love Halo.

RBK

Banned
H3's actual campaign is pretty fun to play, especially the 4 player co-op.

The overall story was horrible when compared to 2.

Top Bottom