• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

So I get that itch.. that Halo itch that needs scratching, CE to be specific, so I put on TMCC and hop into a game.

Played a single match. Here were the results:
kRZueyt.jpg
Now, imagine if motion tracker was a factor and my teammates were allowed to chase red dots and my enemies knew where my teammates were at all times, imagine how this match would have turned out. I probably would have lost because my teammates would have died more and certainly sacrificed positioning to do so.

Without motion tracker, what does it force a player to do? Be conscious of their surroundings and aware of holding advantageous positions.

After that match, one of the players on the other team messages me with the hope of playing some matches. Here's how that goes:
Now, imagine if this game was functioning properly? I could have played with this guy, had a lot of fun and possibly made a new friend, but here I am talking on miserable ol' HaloGAF discussing my woes.

"One or more players are not ready to start matchmaking."

Haven't been able to play with a party since December some time, about two patches ago. The struggle is real. Ryn, get your ass over there and take these lashes like a CHAMPION because you deserve them.
<3

I decided to record this match to show what I'm talking about. Excuse the sniffles and general swag
swag swag swag swag swag
, thanks. I feel this spawn is a perfect example of why I push for no motion tracker so hard.

uwdanman

Neo Member
"One or more players are not ready to start matchmaking."
[/URL]

I played about 6 hours of CE yesterday and experienced this every time I tried to invite someone/join someone. They were all people not on my friends list. People want to play with others but the game is not allowing them to do so.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Are AR/BR starts back on yet for Halo 5? I'd rather know through here than taking the time to boot up the beta.

Answers are much appreciated!

Fuchsdh

Yeah, it's a shame too. Bungie really missed their mark with that one. I love a lot of their games, beside Halo too. Marathon was fun, Myth was awesome, and what I've played of Pathways was really cool. It's odd how different it is now.

I'd love a modern redux of Pathways. The barely-3D presentation of the game is what holds it back now.

Nice write up. Personally in agreement here.
#NoRadar

What do you think the likelihood of a dedicated no radar playlist is and would you be fine with that?
Not expecting anything, but I would like no radar anywhere. I definitely won't be sticking to ranked playlists though because playing in Semi Pro/Pro matches, the games turn into a snooze fest with motion tracker.
Funknown, when do you normally get online? Id love to play some hce with ya or any other gafers.
Anytime really. It's just my game has that party error happen frequently, so it's a crapshoot.

-Ryn

Banned
Not expecting anything, but I would like no radar anywhere. I definitely won't be sticking to ranked playlists though because playing in Semi Pro/Pro matches, the games turn into a snooze fest with motion tracker.
As much as I enjoy some of the benefits of motion tracker, if I had to choose between it not existing in any form or it being in, I'd choose to drop it. As a very offensive player, it kills me. And stealth. STEALTH.

If 343 really is going for that competitive crowd, I wouldn't say it's too far fetched that we might get a NR Ranked playlist.

So, suggestion regarding killcams: disable them by default, allow players to view them by pressing X. However, auto-enable them if a killcam features the person that killed you dying.

Defect

So, suggestion regarding killcams: disable them by default, allow players to view them by pressing X. However, auto-enable them if a killcam features the person that killed you dying.

Wouldn't that increase the spawn time?

Just have a toggle in the settings to leave it as it is or turn them off completely.

Ramirez

Big XBox Clip dump inc.

These 2 are just for you Madness, side note on the first clip, my pistol reticule was missing the entire game, but we were getting stomped 4v3, so it didn't really matter. Second clip was 3v2, and I missed miserably on the GP, lol. We still won though, because the kids were terrible.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/2bfd9361-eea4-4158-b3d4-3703b2891f5b

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/2e04fbf5-b51c-4672-8747-32998bf28b3b

This clip has nothing to do with me, I just saw a teammate get #rekt with the coolest GP I've ever seen.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/519e2da4-901a-468e-8661-d32a7553c42b

Have I mentioned that Hover is underrated?

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/341d55a2-3022-4290-abeb-2277ace46dd0

#bigplays
#luckyplays

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/21bc3ecc-5364-4f7c-9fdf-7d0cdef99065

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/3fc82f38-195a-4bcd-a890-a87ab5996ee3

Heretic

Big XBox Clip dump inc.

These 2 are just for you Madness, side note on the first clip, my pistol reticule was missing the entire game, but we were getting stomped 4v3, so it didn't really matter. Second clip was 3v2, and I missed miserably on the GP, lol. We still won though, because the kids were terrible.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/2bfd9361-eea4-4158-b3d4-3703b2891f5b

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/2e04fbf5-b51c-4672-8747-32998bf28b3b

This clip has nothing to do with me, I just saw a teammate get #rekt with the coolest GP I've ever seen.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/519e2da4-901a-468e-8661-d32a7553c42b

Have I mentioned that Hover is underrated?

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/341d55a2-3022-4290-abeb-2277ace46dd0

#bigplays
#luckyplays

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/21bc3ecc-5364-4f7c-9fdf-7d0cdef99065

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/3fc82f38-195a-4bcd-a890-a87ab5996ee3

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Good stuff!

zap

After two weeks of br start, ar start is almost unplayable for me. So frustrating.

This weekend is the first time I have had to properly play the beta. I was loving it, then started playing yesterday and it was suddenly all AR starts? Why did it have to be ruined just before the end?!

GrizzNKev

Banned
My post from the thread of things written by phone autocomplete:

I don't think it's the same time as the first one to the gym and then the next day or night in the game damages the core of Halo multiplayer the same thing as a friend of mine who is the best of all the other side of things to say that you can also use the link to this post.

Man, the H5G Light Rifle has got to be my favorite gun to use in the franchise. Unscoped firing sound effect could use a little beefening and the ADS design toned down, but otherwise it's awesome. Feels like the CE Magnum done right.

Ramirez

Man, the H5G Light Rifle has got to be my favorite gun to use in the franchise. Unscoped firing sound effect could use a little beefening and the ADS design toned down, but otherwise it's awesome. Feels like the CE Magnum done right.

What's wrong with the ADS? It's the closest to the old zoom in the game, I find it odd that you and Madness dislike it.

What's wrong with the ADS? It's the closest to the old zoom in the game, I find it odd that you and Madness dislike it.

Cosmetically speaking. Way too busy for my tastes.

I also wish they'd just zoom the camera in rather than decrease the FOV. In prior titles I'd use the peripheral space around the actual crosshairs for scouting and ranged assessment just as often as I would actually try picking people off from a distance. It seems like 343 neglected to consider that and now all ADS is good for is actually zooming in to improve spread engaging targets. You can't really do any decent recon work because it blurs out your peripherals and clouds your vision with all the additional UI elements, and even on the sniper there's so many additional filters / FX overlaid it's pretty difficult.

The new Light Rifle is fantastic. Great support weapon and shield stripper. Differentiates itself enough from the BR and DMR to justify its inclusion.

-Ryn

Banned
My post from the thread of things written by phone autocomplete:
What kind of phone is it?

I also wish they'd just zoom the camera in rather than decrease the FOV. In prior titles I'd use the peripheral space around the actual crosshairs for scouting and ranged assessment just as often as I would actually try picking people off from a distance. It seems like 343 neglected to consider that and now all ADS is good for is actually zooming in to improve spread engaging targets. You can't really do any decent recon work because it blurs out your peripherals and clouds your vision with all the additional UI elements, and even on the sniper there's so many additional filters / FX overlaid it's pretty difficult.
I miss actually zooming. Scouting out an area with the default helm scope for auto weapons was great. When going to plant the bomb in BTB it was also really useful.

ProvenDeadly, the Speaker for the entire Halo Community.
It's been proven...

BokehKing

Banned
Halo 4s hilarious drop was because of Halo 4, not you're imagined "competition". What else do you expect from an abortion of a half breed game. Why would people who want to play CoD, play Halo? And why would people who want to play Halo play CoD?

Now look at Halo 5. Just more crap taken from cod with added #immersion.
Huh? Halo 4 came out first, a lot of people bought it, me and my friends did, then we turned it in for black ops 2

A lot of people did that.

It is kind of ridiculous to sit here and think people can't play both series, once you realize that possibility you'll realize a lot of the drop off in Halo 4 came because it released before blops2 (it was a Treyarch cod, same thing halo is up against this year, a Treyarch COD, will history repeat itself?)

Tomash

Zoom == FoV decrease, only Halo 5 ADS is effectively decreasing your FoV even more with that blur. For example, Halo 4 FoV is 78 degrees, 2x zoom in Halo 4 is 44 degrees and 3x zoom is 30 degrees.

jem0208

Galaxy S5. Default keyboard.

I have the same issues with autocorrect. Still trying to learn all the tricks (only got it like three weeks ago)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syntellia.fleksy.kb&hl=en_GB

This is the best keyboard you can get on Android IMO. I can type almost as fast on my phone as with a computer keyboard using Fleksy. Takes a little bit of getting used to but it's very, very good when you do get used to it.

Madness

Light Rifle starts in Halo 5 please. Gun is so satisfying.

I don't get why the last week wasn't something like light rifle or DMR starts? The point of beta is to see what works and doesn't, how the game plays. We already had AR starts. We'll have plenty of AR starts in final release. Let's see how game plays with light rifles or DMR as starting weapons. What's the kills like, are people still picking up automatics, what's the power weapon kills like.

Impala26

So, does anyone know the precise time the H5 Beta goes offline?
Thought some here were talking about it extending into part of tomorrow?

I don't get why the last week wasn't something like light rifle or DMR starts? The point of beta is to see what works and doesn't, how the game plays. We already had AR starts. We'll have plenty of AR starts in final release. Let's see how game plays with light rifles or DMR as starting weapons. What's the kills like, are people still picking up automatics, what's the power weapon kills like.

Totally agree, love the new light rifle. And congrats to your team man, holy hell was that one of the best finishes to a conference title game I've ever seen in my life!

CliQ

Well here we are on the last night of the beta. I'm looking for FUNKNOWN, TJ RAM, Jaramy D, and VIN. Do you guys want to form a dream team and send this beta out with a bang?

Lets do this!

GT - xCliQuEx

Madness

Totally agree, love the new light rifle. And congrats to your team man, holy hell was that one of the best finishes to a conference title game I've ever seen in my life!

EZPSuQi.jpg

I don't think the game would be fun at all if everyone had a LR.

Just to see different settings and play styles. Can't really say it can't be fun without trying it. Maybe DMR starts as well. We already had AR starts, not only in the early access, but the first week. How hard would it have been for two days to try DMR or light rifle starts?

I don't think the game would be fun at all if everyone had a LR.

To be fair, though, you also think the game is fun with ADS on every weapon.

Zoom == FoV decrease, only Halo 5 ADS is effectively decreasing your FoV even more with that blur. For example, Halo 4 FoV is 78 degrees, 2x zoom in Halo 4 is 44 degrees and 3x zoom is 30 degrees.

I guess I just don't like the presentation of it, then. I didn't really notice the tunnel-visioning with traditional scopes, but it's pretty apparent your visual range is bottlenecked using ADS.

Top Bottom