• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Anyone want to play some H5? Invite me please.

GT = Trounce

trounce.png

Random17

Halo 3 had the worst story in the trilogy, easily the lamest starting missions, character assassinations, silly and annoying equipment, no Arbiter missions/Covenant side of the story etc

It makes up for it with the mission "The Covenant", but even that mission has some of the worst plot holes/character assassinations in the game.

I was thinking, why is Sprint inclusion even that big of a deal?

Unless 343i really wants to continue to disappoint they won't crap out on the Customs and Forge.
Set a gametype with select AA's toggled off, base movement modifier and whatever else.
Forge a map with Sprint jumps slightly bridged or make your ground up maps.

Problem solved. Only issue is it won't be a default public hopper, maybe a Classic one down the road a la Reach, but if there is a sufficient community as it would appear to be, it isn't impossible.

Velikost

I wonder if 343 changed something server side these past couple of days. I was getting games in the Halo 4 playlist super fast before, and now it just hangs.

Anyone know anything?

-Ryn

Banned
Fantastic. Best phone I've ever had. It's not behaving strangely, I just post here from my phone often so it predicts I'm going to say something about Halo being ruined. lol

Also I just aced Dave Candland in Trivia Crack.
That's kinda cool actually lol

I'll have to pick one up when I can afford it. Seems really awesome. Plus Android is like, way past cool.

Hell yeah. The double scarab battle is awesome.

Halo 3 isn't bad. It just could have been a lot more interesting before the slip-space rupture. Didn't feel like a sci-fi game at all until The Ark, which is why I love Halo.
Yeah it's a shame there wasn't much sci if stuff going on it. Or maybe a better way to put it would be being capitalized on. I don't know. I'd love for there to be some cool techno babble about forerunner tech or more delving into what's going on with the history if the forerunners. There was a nice subtlety to Bungie's portrayal of the lore though I must say.

H3's actual campaign is pretty fun to play, especially the 4 player co-op.

The overall story was horrible when compared to 2.
Halo 2 is easily my favorite in terms if story.

Halo CE wins in regard to being solid all around. It's a nice and tight experience.

Halo 3 wins the award for "Most Holy Shit Amazing Fights ever!!". No other Halo has topped the explosive epicness of "The Covenant" to this day (please Halo 5 be the one).

Halo 4 is my fav in terms of... emotional storytelling? Not sure how to put it. They actually made a pretty good effort even if some of it fell flat or didn't make sense. "A" for effort.
The overall story was not well done though IMHO

Halo: Reach was a good time overall despite some iffy story telling and had some nice examples of mixing story telling and gameplay like the Lone Wolf mission.

ODST is the WINNER of creating an atmosphere. That game is amazing.

Wut?

CliQ

So I got some bad news and some good news.

Bad news: halo 5 beta ends soon
Good news: halo MCC throwdown starts back up again next Saturday!

IM LOOKING AT YOU HALOGAF

RowdyReverb

Velikost

Assault Rifles starts are fucking trash in Halo 5. I didn't care about them in the other games, but if Halo 5 ships with them I'ma be salty.

Doesn't help that half these maps have been around with BR starts, so I have no idea where the BR is on the actual map

Madness

Figured out what setting I hadn't clicked properly. I had it set to block to allow stuff to be shared on social media etc. I changed it to allow, and bam, all my clips available on those third party sites.

Will send Sik what I can. They're nothing special, but it's more being part of the community montage.

RBK

Banned
Playing H4 on MCC and this game gets an unfair rep. Anything outside of Infinity Slayer plays like classic Halo.

No I don't expect you to agree with me.

Welfare

Playing H4 on MCC and this game gets an unfair rep. Anything outside of Infinity Slayer plays like classic Halo.

No I don't expect you to agree with me.

Good.

Unless you are talking strictly Legendary BR slayer, I don't agree with you, and even then, Legendary BRs isn't really that good compared to classic Halo.

RBK

Banned
Good.

Unless you are talking strictly Legendary BR slayer, I don't agree with you, and even then, Legendary BRs isn't really that good compared to classic Halo.

That's what I just played too, on Skyline.

Almost felt like H3...almost.

Madness

GG Quinn. No more AR starts pls. This is what happens on maps like Pegasus...

B7smPOYCAAAeBv2.jpg:large

Not only that, how the hell are you supposed to dislodge a capable team who secure things like the DMR on Truth. Sitting in the alcoves, or team shooting you before you even get close. You're stuck with pistol or AR. Last hours of the beta, and I've been paired up with gold 3 all the way down to unranked people going like 3-11.

But man, Quinn got smashed there.

Impala26

Beta was 5/10 might like it at retail if they change things.

7.8/10 Too much water... err... fog.

No seriously, it was pobably the most Halo-related fun I've had since the early days of Halo 3. Halo 5 (at least in multi) is shaping to be a step up from H4 and Reach for sure.

Madness

Wtf, some playlist update happened, after which it put me and a silver with all onyx and semi-pro, let's just say, first match in 30+ that I went negative. Just on another level of play with the constant crouch, shoot, ADS, thrust, sprint etc.

RowdyReverb

Wtf, some playlist update happened, after which it put me and a silver with all onyx and semi-pro, let's just say, first match in 30+ that I went negative. Just on another level of play with the constant crouch, shoot, ADS, thrust, sprint etc.
I would expect things to get a bit wonky as the H5 beta universe collapses in on itself.

-Ryn

Banned
After my match, it went straight to the playlist selection saying I need VIP "entitlement".
stinkles, wheres my entitlement brah?
Um... Uh... check your privilege..? Am I doing that right?

I keep getting games so i wont back out until i cant play any more i guess
This is a good plan. Keep playing until the end.

every time a beta ends

tumblr_mla7hvYmio1rnnop6o4_500.gif
So glad this game is being remade.

Top Bottom