• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

I hope they have some kind of sprint episode that dealt with the beta. Don't think they're doing anymore, but it'd have been nice to see what the team thought of how well it's been received, what issues are, what they want to change, how the art team feels about its visual clarity problems etc.

I hope they have solid breakdowns or post mortem of the beta. What weapons got the most kills, what abilities were used most/least, kill/death heat maps. Wonder what kind of stuff they learned, stuff they were happy about, sad about, surprised about.

after thoroughly playing the beta now for weeks here is my overview of positive and negatives. i cant emphasis the br/ar starts enough, unless this is confirmed to be in slayer i WONT buy the game i kid u not.

+ power weapons being announced when spawned, this is great, leads to a rush for them

+ no friendly fire, this is good addition

+ spartan chatter, this is awesome because hardly anyone uses mic so its useful to know whats going on

+ feel of the guns, they have a real punch to them which is good

+ the new abilities feel good, clamber makes a real difference in navigation and is solid addition

+ br/ar starts feel AWESOME. seriously fuck ar/magnum, i literally stopped playing the game during this time. br is halo so we should be starting with it at all times

+ strongholds is great mode, it works well with that new map regret

- radar, should be changed to only show enemies when they fire gun. its no fun playing against a team that sticks together when u are in a team of randoms who just run around

- ads automatic weapons, they need to lower the range or remove ads from them

- ads, it clutters up the screen so we should be given an option to have classic halo scope

- resolution, its awful jaggies everywhere

- weapon tips, its hard to see weapons on the floor so would be useful if there was a sign or something to let us know

- br is ruined, doesnt feel or sound like burst weapon. i want the classic 3 burst sound back, that clack clack clack like in h3

- fov, been a problem in halo since h2, they need to sort this shit out

- base movement speed, its terribly slow they need to increase it by at least 20%

- controls, need to offer even more control schemes, h4 is the best one out the bunch but i would still like jump on lb

- killcams, i want the classic halo death screen back but an option to view killcams ie. press x to view killcam would be good

- grenade spam, 2 nades is too much should only start with 1

- running animation, its horrible, the amount of weapon sway is motion sickness inducing

- spartan posing, its tiring view the same shit i rather just view end game report

- commentator sounds weird

- intermission between games should be reduced to 30 seconds, 60 is way too long

Akai__

I hope we can hear more about Halo 5 SP now.

Somehow, I don't think Chief will have all these new abilities, unless he gets a new suit or an upgrade. Locke will most likely have them, though. The new sprint = no shield recharge should be interesting in SP, too. People will have to be more careful and you probably can't run through certain areas.

Somehow, I don't think Chief will have all these new abilities, unless he gets a new suit or an upgrade. Locke will most likely have them, though. The new sprint = no shield recharge should be interesting in SP, too. People will have to be more careful and you probably can't run through certain areas.

Good points on the SP abilities. Although I doubt sprint in the campaign will work like the multiplayer verbatim.

EDIT: Qausi-MCC redemption, playing the pit Halo 4 and a teammate betrays me for the enemy sniper. So I respawn and fire a few fuck you shots off then he replies with the miss by a mile shooting back for betrayal boot. From here an enemy assassinated him and 3 enemies let me sprint over and teabag him a few times. Good times.

m23

after thoroughly playing the beta now for weeks here is my overview of positive and negatives. i cant emphasis the br/ar starts enough, unless this is confirmed to be in slayer i WONT buy the game i kid u not.

+ power weapons being announced when spawned, this is great, leads to a rush for them

+ no friendly fire, this is good addition

+ spartan chatter, this is awesome because hardly anyone uses mic so its useful to know whats going on

+ feel of the guns, they have a real punch to them which is good

+ the new abilities feel good, clamber makes a real difference in navigation and is solid addition

+ br/ar starts feel AWESOME. seriously fuck ar/magnum, i literally stopped playing the game during this time. br is halo so we should be starting with it at all times

+ strongholds is great mode, it works well with that new map regret

- radar, should be changed to only show enemies when they fire gun. its no fun playing against a team that sticks together when u are in a team of randoms who just run around

- ads automatic weapons, they need to lower the range or remove ads from them

- ads, it clutters up the screen so we should be given an option to have classic halo scope

- resolution, its awful jaggies everywhere

- weapon tips, its hard to see weapons on the floor so would be useful if there was a sign or something to let us know

- br is ruined, doesnt feel or sound like burst weapon. i want the classic 3 burst sound back, that clack clack clack like in h3

- fov, been a problem in halo since h2, they need to sort this shit out

- base movement speed, its terribly slow they need to increase it by at least 20%

- controls, need to offer even more control schemes, h4 is the best one out the bunch but i would still like jump on lb

- killcams, i want the classic halo death screen back but an option to view killcams ie. press x to view killcam would be good

- grenade spam, 2 nades is too much should only start with 1

- running animation, its horrible, the amount of weapon sway is motion sickness inducing

- spartan posing, its tiring view the same shit i rather just view end game report

- commentator sounds weird

- intermission between games should be reduced to 30 seconds, 60 is way too long

I agree with most of what was said here. Good stuff.

Too bad the beta ended with AR starts, was hoping to end it with some great games. The wait will be tough now.

Fuchsdh

Haven't posted here in a while. Did i miss any news on the new Halo book yet?

Nothing concrete has come out yet, nope.

Yeah, I was wondering about that... making Chief's gameplay more "classic" might be an interesting mechanic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they handwaved his abilities as stuff he got before he went AWOL, to stop people from being confused about why they can't do X. On the other hand, maybe if Chief was more powerful in other ways they could use that to sell the differences between the characters.

The effects of unlimited sprint, thruster, and clamber on speedrunning campaigns is also interesting to me. I guess clamber probably has to be set for ledges so it's not like you could mantle out of the map or something, but I'm concerned that to prevent you from dodging encounters they amp up the enemy accuracy or difficulty...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Here's my Halo 5 feedback, based solely on Slayer, I barely touched Breakout and did not play Stronghold.

First the pros, when I criticize something, I like to start out with what was good before discussing the bad.

The good:

- The reduction in auto-aim and sticky-aim is really good for Halo, it brings back skill in aiming, especially with the precision-based weapons.

- The controls are pretty fluid for the most part, though I wish we still had custom-button mapping...it's 2015, we should be able to bind any command to any button of our choosing.

- Map design, from what I've seen so far, is really good. The maps truly give an arena feel to them, especially the forged ones, they feel like someone studied Quake maps and applied that logic to the design in Halo 5.

- Static timed power weapons, this is great, and I felt it shined the most on the forged maps because it gave a diversity in the power weapon distribution across the map. Pegasus' power weapons made that map play really good. The sniper would spawn offset from the rockets, but the rockets would eventually spawn at the same time of the sniper, I think this was a great decision.

- Clamber is good, it actually create fluid movement through the map. While the classic Halo crouch jumping to get to a ledge is pretty much gone now, the clamber does provide faster movement options and thus faster gameplay.

- Thrust is a neat addition, I think it gives an arena-style movement option, but one thing I noticed is that as soon as people would get shot (including myself), it was too easy to just thrust out of the line of sight, so I'm not sure if that's intentional or if it could be tweaked

- Slide, ground pound and thrust melee (is this charge?) I won't comment on, I rarely used them.

- Smart scope, aka ADS, I'm on the fence with this, I think cosmetically it's not as good as the classic zooming of Halo, but it is what it is. What I disagree with is being able to automatically go back into zoom just from holding down the trigger. This puts the COD-style control settings players at a superior advantage over those who choose to use a controller setting where the zoom is click on the right stick. My suggestion, remove the ability for the smart scope to auto-zoom back in from holding down the trigger. When you're descoped, you should have to press the button again, the game shouldn't auto do it for you, it defeats the purpose of descoping in the first place

Now for the bad:

1. Since power ups were not in the beta, I can't fully get a grasp of what Halo 5 is going to really be like. Static timed power ups should be in the game alongside the static timed power weapons. Like HCE, I'm hoping camo will be near a power weapon and overshield be near a power weapon as well. This will motivate people to move around the map and try to fully control the map.

2. Auto-call outs. I think for matchmaking purposes, e.g., people not playing in a party, it's okay, but for custom games, I think this stuff needs to be toggled on/off. If there is a esports playlist, it definitely does not need to be on. The player themselves should be communicating and paying attention to what's going on rather than the game doing it for them, again, I'm speaking specifically for esports matches.

3. The dudebro crap at the end of the match...please remove it, this isn't even entertaining at all.

4. Bringing up the scoreboard in the middle of a match stops your movement, please change this so that it doesn't stop your movement. Some people quickly tap their back button to see who's alive, etc., and many of us are still moving while doing this...but it stops us...not sure why it's been changed from H2 and H3.

5. Sprint, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it doesn't technically bother me, however, I think this definitely needs to be a toggle for custom games. If esports doesn't want sprint...then allow that to be toggled. It isn't hurting the game and it isn't hurting those who want to play the game with sprint...I'm sure there will be a standard playlist of their liking that will feature sprint...so why punish those who don't want it? A toggle would be a middle ground.

6. Smart scope. I know I put this in the pros, but I'm also going to say this is a bad thing, it should be a toggle as well, but I'm guessing that requires new animations/assets to be designed to bring back a classic scope/zoom to the weapons that have zoom capabilities. I'm on the fence whether the automatic weapons should get to have a buff when using smart scope.

7. The sunlight glare on forge really needs to be toned down...this isn't reality and this isn't Battlefield. It is a major distraction to the game in my opinion.

8. Muting options need to be better, I should be able to go into my game settings and set the voice chat to mute so I don't hear anyone...it's this way in MCC, why not in Halo 5? If it was just missing from the beta, that's understandable, but if it's not...please add.

9. Starting weapons. The AR/pistol was horrible, it made the game frustrating and brought back SMG-start memories...it simply doesn't work for Halo, at all. The BR/Pistol, again, this was almost working, but when it comes to close-range battles, if you spawn in an area where someone has a full auto gun...your BR and pistol aren't going to help defend you from the spray fest...so this leads to the best starting weapon set that Halo 5 had....that was the AR/BR. The AR/BR was great, it gave total spawn protection every spawn, and on top of that, I saw players dropping their starting weapons for weapons on the map, like the DMR, the SMG, light rifle, etc. It made the game feel like classic Halo. The default starting weapons of Halo 5, universally across all the classic modes, should be AR/BR start, period. In my opinion, anything outside of this will only bring the game. If esports want's BR-only starts, then fine, let them do that (though I disagree), but for default standard vanilla Halo 5, AR/BR across the board...please.

10. Time to kill. Time to kill on most of the weapons is really good, but the one suffering a good time to kill is the pistol. It's the only weapon in Halo 5 that I thought was completely out-classed by everything that we were given in the beta. To make the pistol a valid pick up, it needs a buff, and I would almost say give it a 3-shot kill. Reason for this is the reduced auto-aim and sticky-aim basically makes this a precision-based gun, but it needs to be able to compete against the others, a 3-shot kill would make it compete in my opinion. When I say 3-shot kill, I'm talking head shot, e.g., two non-headshots to pop shields and the final blow to the head for a kill, or if you're a pro, three-head shots will suffice.

Further on time to kill, the time to kill right now universally is pretty fast, much faster than previous Halos in my opinion and that's a good thing. This allows a single individual to be able to kill the enemy on their own versus always needing to team-shoot with their teammates. While I understand this is a team-game...past Halos have always relied on team-shooting to be a successful player and a faster time to kill allows the individual to not have to depend on their teammates, especially if it's randoms in matchmaking who don't have a clue what team-shooting is.

11. General matchmaking connectivity. This has to be butter smooth come launch, any hiccups, any errors, any delays, etc...will turn people away from this game instantly. With the crap that MCC has been, having those matchmaking errors in Halo 5 are just going to kill the population for this game. Hopefully the beta has given 343 enough information to tweak and perfect the matchmaking connectivity prior to launch.

Conclusion

When the beta first started, I gave it two matches and I didn't enjoy it at all, and it was solely due to the starting weapon set, AR/Pistol.

Once the BR/AR start came into play, I couldn't stop playing the game...only thing that did stop me from playing was when the matchmaking had errors and I ran out of patience. I think there's a lot of promise in Halo 5 for it to bring back that classic core Halo feel that I personally get from Halo Combat Evolved. The thrill of timing power ups and power weapons makes the game so much fun and entertaining. It brings that feeling of Quake to the console and no other shooter on consoles does this.

The thing I'm most worried about will be the default starting weapons. I fear that if it's not BR/AR start, personally, I'm not going to enjoy the game at all. If there's not at least one playlist featuring BR/AR start, then I likely won't waste my time buying the game. I'm 34, almost 35, I work full-time and barely have time to play video games. I do not want to have to depend on playing custom games to get to have BR/AR starts. I think many people are like me in that we simply do not have the time we used to to play video games anymore. We're all busy with our lives and when we do get that time to play, it's precious to us. Furthermore, Halo is an amazing shooter that we all have a passion for, but in the past Halos, the default starting weapons have always made or broke the game for us. Having the BR/AR start will truly make Halo 5 enjoyable and I feel it will be a Halo we will want to play for a very long time.

IHaveIce

Banned
I will now also do a kind of Halo 5 Beta feedback post, I excuse my bad english and some errors:

-Basement Speed: If you don't sprint or thrust you move so absurdly slow it really would be better if it would be upped by 10 to 20%

-Sprint: Still not a fan, I think just faster movement speed would help, also the shaking of the cam during sprint is bad

-Thruster Unsure how I feel about it, still after the beta it is unclear to me if it should be in.

-Clamber: No issues at all, sometimes it doesn't work as planned but it is not game breaking at all

-Ground Pound, Charge and Slide: Didn't use these as often, which is a good sign, you don't need to do these moves to be good but they are nice tricks

-ADS/Smart Scope: Not a fan, it is not as bad as thought but I still prefer the classic look

-Weapons:
+BR feels alright, thogh sometimes I think I have hit 4 shots and there is no kill
+Automatics need a range nerf, their power is ok
+Pistol needs a buff
+Rocket launcher is awfully slow
+Sniper too easy to use
+The Beta had a too limited weapon pool, it is hard to say if the weapons are tuned right if we don't know how the Covenant weapons behave

-Maps:
+Truth: I don't think it works with all those movement options it is also too dark
+ Regret: Wqay better just give us some colour on the bases to know where we are
+Empire and Eden are both good IMO, may need some better weapon placements
+The Forge maps all in all didn't feel good, they were on the level of Reach's forge maps in the community playlist which were awful

-Gametypes:
+Slayer, yeah make it BR starts and everything is fine, BR/AR starts were the best in the beta.
+Breakout is awesome, but take out the BR. SMG and Pistol are enough
+Strongholds, I think there needs to be a neutral scoring time while capturing, not from red to blue immediately. I had lots of games which were 100 to 0, look at Destiny's Control gametype for more ideas

-Other Gameplay things:
+Radar has to be changed finally, there are so many better concepts out there
+FoV, give us a damn slider already
+No control scheme is kind of perfect for me, give me button mapping already
+show me with an icon above which weapon I stand for pick up, I don't want to read in a fast game
+Reduce grenades at spawn, or limit the pick up behavior, there is too much grenade spam going on
+Killcam change, make it the other way round, I look at my dead body first and can trigger the kill cam by a button

-Ranking System:
While a step in the right direction I think there is a lot work to be done. Hold judgement until release

-Other cool/bad stuff:
+Watching friends play through the roster is awesome
+Spartan chatter and posing comes of as really freaking dumb
+frame rate issues in Stronghold capture points
+the idea of remix maps is really nice.

All in all I reaaaaally liked the beta but it could be even better, I have high hopes for Halo 5 for now

Welp, it was a good run.

My 2-week XBL trial ran out last week, so I'll have to live on my memories since I didn't play down to the wire.

Gonna be a hard wait for E3 and then launch

Played 10/10 Got Silver 2. Deleted Beta.

In review:

Shit game, Shit ranking system, Shit playlists.

Hire Juices none of you have any idea what the fuck Halo is and how to make a Halo game.

Just like Halo 4 this game will max out at 12K players daily peaks within a few weeks because its not halo its just another generic shooter. However you'll hide the numbers this time around so it wont look so bad because you definitely don't want people posting population charts again.

Booties

Banned
My review of h5 mp, in short, this ^

I could be playing some halo because Destiny is grinding me down to a nub. Don't have any interest in HM Crota. I wouldn't say halo is back though. Just me. I'm back. 2 month probate like it's nothing.

In review:

Hire Juices none of you have any idea what the fuck Halo is and how to make a Halo game.

Just like Halo 4 this game will max out at 12K players daily peaks within a few weeks because its not halo its just another generic shooter. However you'll hide the numbers this time around so it wont look so bad because you definitely don't want people posting population charts again.

Pretty much this.

jem0208

In review:

Good thing they didn't hire juices.

Who the hell is "Juices"?

This guy:

Halo 3 feels so weird after playing 5...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

In review:

Game is 100x better than Halo 4 ever was. Needs tweaks and some solid maps, but the gameplay is solid and it's built on an "everyone is equal" and "map control" foundation unlike 4. Those alone make it at least decent.

If the population still remains low it's due to competition and the mass amount of games to play compared to when Halo 2/3 were big. I feel like it'll do a bit better than 4 did population-wise though.

Just glad we had a beta this time to see what the game was like.

Juices be Juices.

Booties

Banned
Game is 100x better than Halo 4 ever was. Needs tweaks and some solid maps, but the gameplay is solid and it's built on an "everyone is equal" and "map control" foundation unlike 4. Those alone make it at least decent.

If the population still remains low it's due to competition and the mass amount of games to play compared to when Halo 2/3 were big. I feel like it'll do a bit better than 4 did population-wise though.

Just glad we had a beta this time to see what the game was like.

Juices be Juices.

No doubt this game is good. I just don't see anyone playing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I liked the beta the first couple weeks, then I lost interest. Not sure why, I mostly enjoyed what I played.

After H4 and MCC though, I'm not touching this thing at launch.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No doubt this game is good. I just don't see anyone playing it.

That's the issue I think. The game is far better than 4, but how do you get that Halo 2/3 population with everything else vying for attention now? We'll have a new CoD this fall again, and likely a bunch of great single player games as well.

I think the beta helped a lot to allow people to play the game early and get some word out, but 343 is going to need to go all in on marketing come summer/fall (like Halo 2/3 days of marketing) to get people hyped.

Booties

Banned
That's the issue I think. The game is far better than 4, but how do you get that Halo 2/3 population with everything else vying for attention now? We'll have a new CoD this fall again, and likely a bunch of great single player games as well.

I think the beta helped a lot to allow people to play the game early and get some word out, but 343 is going to need to go all in on marketing come summer/fall (like Halo 2/3 days of marketing) to get people hyped.

Don't expect a halo game to ever have 2/3 numbers. Just hope that it's higher than 4 at this point. The MCC may have fucked a lot of people up and done more harm than good at this point. Literally spent $60 to not play a game more than a couple times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is anyone planning on posting a gaming side feedback/impressions thread now that the beta is over?

Don't expect a halo game to ever have 2/3 numbers.

Some of the best advice I've seen on this board ever. Keep seeing people hope for reskinned Halo 2s and Halo 3s so Halo can revive it's "glory" days.

Those days are gone. DEAD and GONE. Never again will Halo hold such a population monopoly on the FPS market. Doesn't mean that 343 shouldn't try their damndest to give us a game that stands head and shoulders over Halo 4 conceptually and MCC technically

In review:

I played the Halo 5 beta as much as I played Halo 4. I got ranked Silver 2 at the beginning but moved up to gold 3; the ranking isn't perfect but if you play more than 10 games it starts to work itself out. Maybe it should take 20 games to give you a rank or something. There are some tweaks to be made, but Beta and all that, and at least they bothered with one this time around (and a pretty hefty one at that). Don't hire juices, in my opinion. I'm not on HaloGAF enough to know whether this is a troll account or not. I'm hoping it is.

Some of the best advice I've seen on this board ever. Keep seeing people hope for reskinned Halo 2s and Halo 3s so Halo can revive it's "glory" days.

Those days are gone. DEAD and GONE. Never again will Halo hold such a population monopoly on the FPS market. Doesn't mean that 343 shouldn't try their damndest to give us a game that stands head and shoulders over Halo 4 conceptually and MCC technically

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Computer

I played the Halo 5 beta as much as I played Halo 4. I got ranked Silver 2 at the beginning but moved up to gold 3; the ranking isn't perfect but if you play more than 10 games it starts to work itself out. Maybe it should take 20 games to give you a rank or something. There are some tweaks to be made, but Beta and all that, and at least they bothered with one this time around (and a pretty hefty one at that). Don't hire juices, in my opinion. I'm not on HaloGAF enough to know whether this is a troll account or not. I'm hoping it is.

I went from silver 1 to onyx of the course of the beta. I like the ranks but for sure needs to be tweaked. At the very least the person that preformed the best on the losing team should not go up or down. It is not fair if one guy has 23 kills and the other players have 5 and every one losses the same amount of points. One player clearly made much more of an effort to win. At least let them not lose any points or loose much less. This may keep people from quitting out.

I went from silver 1 to onyx of the course of the beta. I like the ranks but for sure needs to be tweaked. At the very least the person that preformed the best on the losing team should not go up or down. It is not fair if one guy has 23 kills and the other players have 5 and every one losses the same amount of points. One player clearly made much more of an effort to win. At least let them not lose any points or loose much less. This may keep people from quitting out.

I thought this at the beginning of the beta, but partially came around to the idea that it's a team playlist so the rank should be based primarily on that. In any sports team a lose is a lose and a win is a win, no matter how good a single player on the team was.

With that said, a pro sport player's pay-grade is dependant on their performance, and you're right about quitting as well. Also, ranking should be about matching you up with players of similar skill, so maybe it should be more about your personal performance. I think it should be a mix between the two...isn't that how it worked in Halo 2/3? I don't think the 1st place player on the losing team was penalized if memory serves correct.

They really need to up the amount of games before it hands you a rank, 10 just gives you a lot of variability. Hopefully that's just a Beta thing.

On 3 accounts in Team Slayer I think I got Onyx II, and Gold III, and Onyx III (just two wins away from Semi-pro as I found out). I played on the Gold account later and I was fighting people who quite literally could not kill me for multiple games... but it still would have been a grind to take it up to Onyx III or Semi-pro where I actually belonged.

I noticed something weird when uninstalling the Beta today. Whether it be Evolve, Destiny, or Titanfall, all of my Betas would never show up in the "ready to install" bar. Halo 5, on the other hand, is still there. Does that mean we're going to be getting some more hot red on blue action later this year?

Yes after winning ten out of my ten preliminaries beating up Onyx and Gold kids all day along the way I get Silver II.
-That makes no sense
-Fix your shit
-Make it take more games if you have to.
-If you win 10/10 Put them in High Onyx/low SemiPro and if they cant hang theyll go down. But as far as the games concerned if you are perfect YOU are perfect. Nothings above you at that point, you dont need to be put in fucking Silver II.

Would it be fun to continue playing and donging on Silver II people all day as I went up to where I was supposed to be? Maybe? Not really, the games not fun.

-Remove Clamber and Parkour shit if we learned anything from Brink, Titanfall its that parkour shit is stupid as fuck. It casualizes Halo movement and map memory/knowledge/awareness. Have you ever seen a player battle in Halo 3 Gold 1 and while battling they pull off the G1 to G2 jump while out BR'ing a player? I have and it made me realize there was still skill involved in Console FPS's and competitive gaming can still exist.
-Remove Ground pound, This shit is dumb. Its not Halo its some weird move that I think was pioneered in Mario 64? Get rid of it its weird and its stupid.
-Remove charges and slides.
-Remove Sprint , up Base movement speed, bring back the importance of Strafe. The feeling of outstrafing and out BR'ing another player is the pinnacle of Halo achievement at that point the most amount of dopamine is released into a players brain. Without this moment a Halo game will never be a Halo game again. Until this is brought back Halo will be just another generic FPS shooter using Halo to attract casuals to buy and forget about the game.
-Thrusters, do I even have to say it?
-Nerf the AR a bit, and make AR/BR starts default. In hardcore modes remove automatics and have it Rifles only.

One of the things I always had fun with was the absolute crazy shit that could happen in H3. That dropped with Reach because of the heaviness of everything. H5 is a lot more realistic, the jump is gimped again and you feel "heavy"

I played a bunch this weekend at at some point it clicked a bit more, I was positive more than negative and I admit, any game is better when you aren't getting crushed however...

This still doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Increase base speed and jump, give me a classic scope option. AR starts in this game are brutal. It's a spray fest. Buff the pistol and for gods sake get rid of that glare on this Forge maps. Not only is it hard to see but I had a hard time making out the red and the blue guys.

I don't like Empire but I had a tough time with Truth and Eden as well. They were way to dark. It could also be because the Xbox One crushes blacks but they need to lighten them up a bit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yes after winning ten out of my ten preliminaries beating up Onyx and Gold kids all day along the way I get Silver II.
-That makes no sense
-Fix your shit
-Make it take more games if you have to.
-If you win 10/10 Put them in High Onyx/low SemiPro and if they cant hang theyll go down. But as far as the games concerned if you are perfect YOU are perfect. Nothings above you at that point, you dont need to be put in fucking Silver II.

Would it be fun to continue playing and donging on Silver II people all day as I went up to where I was supposed to be? Maybe? Not really, the games not fun.

-Remove Clamber and Parkour shit if we learned anything from Brink, Titanfall its that parkour shit is stupid as fuck. It casualizes Halo movement and map memory/knowledge/awareness. Have you ever seen a player battle in Halo 3 Gold 1 and while battling they pull off the G1 to G2 jump while out BR'ing a player? I have and it made me realize there was still skill involved in Console FPS's and competitive gaming can still exist.
-Remove Ground pound, This shit is dumb. Its not Halo its some weird move that I think was pioneered in Mario 64? Get rid of it its weird and its stupid.
-Remove charges and slides.
-Remove Sprint , up Base movement speed, bring back the importance of Strafe. The feeling of outstrafing and out BR'ing another player is the pinnacle of Halo achievement at that point the most amount of dopamine is released into a players brain. Without this moment a Halo game will never be a Halo game again. Until this is brought back Halo will be just another generic FPS shooter using Halo to attract casuals to buy and forget about the game.
-Thrusters, do I even have to say it?
-Nerf the AR a bit, and make AR/BR starts default. In hardcore modes remove automatics and have it Rifles only.

You essentially just typed "take Halo 5 and remove everything new." Never change, Juicy.

You essentially just typed "take Halo 5 and remove everything new." Never change, Juicy.

Hes got some good points in there. Ground pound and shoulder charge are straight out of Destiny and the clamber the way they have it changes the maps too much.

Strafe is non existent in this game. It's a lot of I see you first, your dead.

willow ve

In review:

I largely agree.

Although I doubt it will max out at 12K players consider the install base of the X1 (compared to X360 for Halo 4 launch). Will probably trend lower.

And there is a 0% chance we get player counts this time around. I really wish I would be eating crow on this, but I can't find it in me to think that Halo 5 is a Halo game. It has the name, it has some weapons (which ADS largely alters), but it doesn't have the soul of Halo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ill never change and Ill never stop being right. I can promise you that.

tumblr_msyw3cVGrH1qhk2leo1_250.gif

Hes got some good points in there. Ground pound and shoulder charge are straight out of Destiny and the clamber the way they have it changes the maps too much.

Oh Juices always has some solid points, they're just typically mixed in with randomness. I could take or leave ground pound, I never really cared for it. Clamber is fine with me. Charge could go too, I never used it much.

My biggest qualm was maps. I only really liked the Midship remake.

jem0208

Ground pound is amazing. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it. It's definitely not OP either because there's a massive risk reward in place. I'd only change it by making the height requirement a bit higher.

Charge is pointless, don't really like it.

Clamber is great, however they have designed the maps too much around in. They need more jumps which are possible without clamber.

Your final point is definitely not true, at least not in my experience.

Juices still salty over a beta rank, I see. lol

Halo 5 needs more Camo AA so I can snipe in peace.

I mean its very easy to call me salty. I actually find it more funny. It ultimately just destroys my will to continue playing and caring about ranking up in a system I find flawed to begin with.

I honestly don't care if you can't see that there's a problem with putting a 10/10 wins in Silver II, well I'm sorry. I was Onyx in Reach I was 50 in 3. I was high in H2. I'm just an above average player. The system simply did not work. You can make jokes about how I'm upset or you can simply admit the system has a flaw and maybe try and discuss it with some constructive criticism. That's up to you.

Top Bottom