• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

wanna stop being a joke account?

Are you just trying to bait me or something?

What exactly is wrong with BR starts on that map? It has a ton of stuff that breaks sight lines.

Are you sure? From killcams often the dude I'm trading shots isn't the guy that kills me. Some guy tends to plink away from a distance or through narrow sightlines. A few openings being closed or moved would be fine too, as I stated, geometry changes.

Haruko

Go in to Slayer with 3. Five gold rated players are matched with us. Of course, on our team we get the one who's only won 10 total games and has a KDA spread of -4.8. Something like 180 kills, 400 deaths. He goes 1-18. :|

Ramirez

Are you sure? From killcams often the dude I'm trading shots isn't the guy that kills me. Some guy tends to plink away from a distance or through narrow sightlines. A few openings being closed or moved would be fine too, as I stated, geometry changes.

Head on a swivel, baby!

Don't be mad you're getting team shot.

VinFTW

Haven't played in a few days, anybody wanna get on and do some slayer or breakout?

Won't play w/o a party of 4 though :p

Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

Teamshooting is part of the game... but sight lines are a problem on these maps.

In previous Halos, I would nearly always be able to place where I died from, or know which areas were "safe" but in these maps it's often some random offshoot of a wall through a little triangle formed by the intersection of a walkway and a crossbeam, or some other absurdly complicated little window. I just feel like it's too hard to find decent cover, especially with these kill times... or maybe I should just keep sprinting, and sprinting, and sprinting...

Haruko

Myself (gamertag: Thorn Harvestar) and VMVash v2 are looking to group with two more. I'm silver 3 on cusp of gold, and he's onyx. Willing to do slayer or breakout

VinFTW

Myself (gamertag: Thorn Harvestar) and VMVash v2 are looking to group with two more. I'm silver 3 on cusp of gold, and he's onyx. Willing to do slayer or breakout

I'll get on if you dont mind someone still doing qualifying matches on Breakout.

GT: Vin FTW

Energy Sword Extermination. I got cocky going for the Killtacular.

Getting close to game 200, I've played this beta more than most of the other games I picked up this year. Halo 5 is golden, needs some changes, albeit minor changes (no more kill cams), but I love it and it's definitely a true to hold the Halo mantle. I think I might keep my collector's edition. We'll see. 250 is steep and I've been all digital so far.

Ramirez

Team shot is fair game but for some of them it rubs me the wrong way since the guy was off in the distance not really working with the team and seems to have just gotten lucky with the sightline drop.

But this happens on all maps and in all FPS at times, lol. I'm trying to figure out where these spots are on Regret, because there's really no sight lines like on Eden where you can shoot through the stairs and stuff?

Teamshooting is part of the game... but sight lines are a problem on these maps.

In previous Halos, I would nearly always be able to place where I died from, or know which areas were "safe" but in these maps it's often some random offshoot of a wall through a little triangle formed by the intersection of a walkway and a crossbeam, or some other absurdly complicated little window. I just feel like it's too hard to find decent cover, especially with these kill times... or maybe I should just keep sprinting, and sprinting, and sprinting...

You get what I'm feeling right.
Sometimes, you feel too exposed.

Basically MS moving to allow game developers direct access to multiplayer features of Xbox One in game instead of the Xbox UI e.g. the old Halo 2 system Bungie built right into the game.

According to this Reddit post MS handed web services over to 343i and they built MCC using the new tools. It failed and 343i/MS are working to move forward not backwards. The new multiplayer web services should make things far easier and with direct implementation in games when joining or matching or party chatting etc. It should all become available to game developers within their games UI instead of waiting on the Xbox UI as an overlay.

Regarding MCC if this is true it seems to me things are a mix matched patched version for now and we're waiting on the new in game services to become stable from MS then filter down through 343i into MCC. It's a mutt at this point, soon to be a purebreed.

VinFTW

Basically MS moving to allow game developers direct access to multiplayer features of Xbox One in game instead of the Xbox UI e.g. the old Halo 2 system Bungie built right into the game.

According to this Reddit post MS handed web services over to 343i and they built MCC using the new tools. It failed and 343i/MS are working to move forward not backwards. The new multiplayer web services should make things far easier and with direct implementation in games when joining or matching or party chatting etc. It should all become available to game developers within their games UI instead of waiting on the Xbox UI as an overlay.

Regarding MCC if this is true it seems to me things are a mix matched patched version for now and we're waiting on the new in game services to become stable from MS then filter down through 343i into MCC. It's a mutt at this point, soon to be a purebreed.

I wish we had a confirmation on this guys source. It would make a lot of sense.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I wish we had a confirmation on this guys source. It would make a lot of sense.

I doubt you'll get a source, I believe developers of all walks have to sign NDAs to gain access to the SDK. No way would I out myself or my source under such terms.

The comments over at Reddit about MS/343i just testing things out on the masses willy nilly are stupid and ignorant TBH. These guys have insane testing hardware, software, custom tools, staff of all disciplines and one of the best processes in the industry to be quiet honest. The trouble is they missed, it happens. If it's true I'd like to see some official MS bug report or PR stuff, 343i shouldn't cop the flack on such things. Although I'd argue they work very much hand in hand with such platform features.

As for it being legit, I'd wager it's correct or at least technically accurate for what's been going on with party systems on X1 platform in general. Given the rumours of X1 platform coming in hot and Azure being taken on at the same time combined with the monthly updates from the Xbox team I see this as a logical step for the platform, developer and player feature wise. It makes sense, pity it happened to MCC.

DJ Gunner

Never going to happen.

It really does fit though. It explains the silence (corporate misstep), the length of time this is taking, the patches that had little effect or made things worse.

And of all the games to test this on, the one that is a compilation of existing games seems to make the most sense- there's no new or huge sequel IP on the line, and if the sentiment in here has been any indication, most people forgot all about the MCC problems once the beta opened up.

while you spout name calling is just childish mate.

Well, considering that never happened...

Sure they and I aren't the top 1% of players but there was teamwork and skills of a decent standard. Things are easy to pick out retrospectively but when a sword guy drops in the middle of your 4 man fireteam and kills 2 dudes within a second impulse reactions take over.

Anyhow I enjoyed the movement at play here whether you agree or not. Sorry it wasn't 20K twitch streaming invite only tourney worthy for you to award me your "forum medal of meaninglessness". Go on say it...you can just say...nice kills mate. It won't kill you. It won't have me claiming to be the best sword player of all HaloGAF :)

And this is where you miss the point. I don't care if you're the best player out there, everybody can get cool plays or whatever. But exchanging a net-gain of 1 kill (if you include your teammate) to hand over a power weapon and give up a power position on the map and not getting killed by 4 players who have the same crazy over-descriptive radar that you do is in the realm of 'meh' in my opinion. I don't see how it serves to support your stated point that the sword is great. You could have had a pistol/AR/whatever and still got those kills. Sorry I prefer to not automatically lump praise and assume something supports your position when it clearly doesn't.

You may "enjoy" the movement in that clip, but that doesn't support your point and that doesn't mean that it was a smart play.

I like the "shouldn't take the bait", then writes 3 paragraphs, heh. I wasn't calling your clip trash or anything, just saying it wasn't a good clip to try and prove the sword is a good power weapon. Either of those other two guys thrust away from you and you're fucked. Even the first guy could have thrusted away with that many teammates there and probably lived.

Exactly all of this. Sorry Ram, persecution complex says you're just being a dick. There's no possible way it just wasn't a good clip.

If there's anyone else who wants to play I'm getting on. As long as you're not hateful of people who aren't amazing.

I totally hate you.

I might be on in a bit. HMU

And here we go...

Well, considering that never happened...
You called them morons and that they need a wheelchair...I guess that's you being a nice guy or whatever.
And this is where you miss the point. I don't care if you're the best player out there, everybody can get cool plays or whatever. But exchanging a net-gain of 1 kill (if you include your teammate) to hand over a power weapon and give up a power position on the map and not getting killed by 4 players who have the same crazy over-descriptive radar that you do is in the realm of 'meh' in my opinion. I don't see how it serves to support your stated point that the sword is great. You could have had a pistol/AR/whatever and still got those kills. Sorry I prefer to not automatically lump praise and assume something supports your position when it clearly doesn't.

You may "enjoy" the movement in that clip, but that doesn't support your point and that doesn't mean that it was a smart play.
No you miss the point, clearly you didn't even take all variables in the clip into account. At the start of the clip our team is down 24 vs 45 and a teammate died on the other side of the map while I took out the enemy who got the sword off spawn (making us down 24 vs 46). I sprint back to the action using the height advantageous walkway. I check the exposed left side, then I check ahead and then I continue to move into the action. Using the radar I see a teammate being chased by 2 attackers below. I screwed up the ground pound so I moved to drop down with the sword. I see 3 attackers and I move between pillars. No way you'd have survived using AR and pulled a triple here. It was about trying to save a teammate at the business end of of the game to 50 kills. Further I didn't give up the power position at all, I wiped the enemy team out and gave near every map or weapon advantage to my team. How did I give over the power weapon when the only remaining enemy is on another level and 40 feet away but 3 of our team are alive/respawned?

I didn't say the sword was great, I said it can be an asshole and I was simply in the right time and place to do what I did.

Clearly you have amazing awareness, skills and strategy that you avoid engagement at the cost of your teammate dying, being completely oblivious to the scoreboard and losing the game overall just to preserve map position on 1 enemy that remains alive. Perhaps I have you wrong and it's just to get that personal dongin' KDR that's so important post game carnage report.
Exactly all of this. Sorry Ram, persecution complex says you're just being a dick. There's no possible way it just wasn't a good clip.
Now you're just being a dick mate.

Computer

Spent about 3 hours trying to play Halo with a few friends tonight. The first two hours was spent quitting the build, hard resting, and trying to find a game and keep a party together in the MCC. Only to be able to find one game. A team slayer 5v6 on shrine with horrible lag no less. This forced us to play H5. Witch was another hour of quitting the build, excuse us, matchmaking aborted, and hard resets. With the MCC a complete hot mess and Halo 5 a glorified game of peek-a-boo Halo has never been a more sad sight to see.

Impala26

If there's anyone else who wants to play I'm getting on. As long as you're not hateful of people who aren't amazing.

I feel ya. Can't remember if I added ya during my mass adding with the lead-up to the MCC launch (if I had only known...)

GT is my GAF name: Impala26

In honor of mediocre clips, here are mine:

Extermination + Killtacular, but one of the guys froze and let me kill him:
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/b85e555d-1ff1-4550-a937-b86b4fb5a3fd

Here is where I got bored with the sniper and pushed to far, but this guy had a sword fart so I no-scoped him in what appears to be his elbow: http://xboxclips.com/Markolopogous/d49f1eb5-8ea4-4461-96db-f18d4ea43540

Here I get double-teamed pretty unimpressively... but I did get to respawn with no HUD:
http://xboxclips.com/Markolopogous/edd49710-9c17-417b-8128-4f9ed3a11a8a

Here I get a nonsensical double kill with the SMG:
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/2cb40498-7f8e-4525-9504-69ee4ea85425

Here I get borderline nonsensical double kill with the SMG, proving once and for all that automatics are fair and great:
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/7d41498f-8dd9-43ca-8354-d821f8242926

Nothing much, skip to the end where I found this really bad texture mapping:
http://xboxclips.com/Markolopogous/5d6523f2-eb72-49eb-9394-c3a95d3396ae

Here is my being killed by a laggy guy and the super-reassuring killcam footage of that:
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/0e3dec47-c3cf-46d9-941c-fdc665600cd5

This one I think is better than mediocre, as I put that one-bullet-from-being-empty sniper I found to good use: http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/b85e555d-1ff1-4550-a937-b86b4fb5a3fd

Also this one, which is just a stupid/lucky stick: http://xboxclips.com/Markolopogous/77cc0b8a-5a71-4580-9753-be4bfd251e94

Bonus MCC Clip I Forgot About: Getting stuck with a frag grenade. Yes.
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/b7969c7e-f3d4-4f3f-87a1-04bf5578e62c

Akai__

2 MCC patches incomming (finally):

One patch this Thursday, which will add achievements for Spartan Ops and MP and an other one next week, which will adress the issues.

Lets hope these Reddit rumours about that new Matchmaking (Beta) API are right and they can revert the API back to a working one.

willow ve

2 MCC patches incomming (finally):

One patch this Thursday, which will add achievements for Spartan Ops and MP and an other one next week, which will adress the issues.

Lets hope these Reddit rumours about that new Matchmaking (Beta) API are right and they can revert the API back to a working one.

I give it a 9.8% chance of working after patch.

Top Bottom