• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

That BF4 population is the peak population of the last 24 hours, isn't it? That would mean, that the current population is possibly much lower, than 27k number.

That seems really low to me, but looking at sale numbers of the Xbox One and all the problems both games had/still have, it kinda makes sense. Halo 4's peak population also never reached 500k and I doubt any Halo game will do it ever again for more than 1 day.

seriously its ridiculous. I get it some time i get upset to. but really people just stick it out. I mean the only time i leave mid game if ever is when half my team drops out. By then there's no point in staying except to get massacred.

Also i love how even if i stay the whole team acts like there bad asses for kill one dude when its 4v1. Wow good job. It's so stupid
Quitting in general sucks, but when it's a 4v1 and you decide not to quit out, that's terrible on you lol

Forcing people to time out a 4v1 match is cruel and unusual.

EDIT:
Or they don't get the vote the way they wanted.
Yup, lots of reasons why people quit. A quit penalty is long overdue at this point and it's one of many things that's baffling as to why it still hasn't been implemented.

Welfare

That BF4 population is the peak population of the last 24 hours, isn't it? That would mean, that the current population is possibly much lower, than 27k number.

That seems really low to me, but looking at sale numbers of the Xbox One and all the problems both games had/still have, it kinda makes sense. Halo 4's peak population also never reached 500k and I doubt any Halo game will do it ever again for more than 1 day.
BF4stats.com uses 2 numbers. A current player number and a peak 24 hour number. Right now the current player number is the highest in the past 24 hours, so it would also be the peak.

Also Halo 4's War Games never reached 500k. Whole game would be much higher.

Impala26

Controversial Opinion:

Join-In-Progress is the lesser evil compared to rampant quitting. At least when it's not a super-competitive ranked playlist.

What of it?

jem0208

Controversial Opinion:

Join-In-Progress is the lesser evil compared to rampant quitting. At least when it's not a super-competitive ranked playlist.

What of it?

I agree. I've had far more games ruined by people quitting right at the start than had games because I joined a losing team.

Booshka

Controversial Opinion:

What of it?

There could be separate playlists for casul join in progress sessions. Have them named appropriately as well.

"Who Gives a Fuck FFA"

"Big and Dumb BTB"

VinFTW

New page reminder:

So I think I want to try my hand at a HaloGAF Halo 5 Beta montage as well.

If you guys want in, send me some clips (Preferably PM me).

1-2 clips max. PLEASE SEND ME THE XBOXCLIPS LINKS.

Gonna start putting some of it together tonight

Controversial Opinion:

What of it?

People just don't want it.

It's a pain in the ass to join a match mid-game with the other team already in the lead or having possession of the power weapons.

I can see the benefits to join-in-progress but there's also a lot of negatives with such a feature.

I wonder how long it'll be before they tell us what on earth is in the $250 edition for H5. Seriously what could that even be?

It's actually just four 1-month Live Gold vouchers, 3 controllers and 4 copies of H5G

and a bust of locke
out of armor, grimed up and coated in reflective housepaint to emulate the muckiness of when he was stranded on the halo fragment

jem0208

I would if I had some, man I really gotta make more clips lol

I've had a lot of awesome moments it's just that I'm too focused on playing to record.

Haha, I'm constantly shouting "Xbox, record that!" at my TV. I'm not bothered though, I just quite like making this sort of thing and we've already got a 2nd Halo 5 montage in the works.

SO are people purposely dropping out of matching in MCC, or are they getting booted due to networking issues, Cuz that seems to be my only issue with MCC other then long wait times.

I seriously hate player drop outs

Samesies. Leavers suck and Halo, being a very team-oriented game, is nigh unplayable when teams are unbalanced.

Ramirez

waste of an alt

BigD.png

Impala26

It's actually just four 1-month Live Gold vouchers, 3 controllers and 4 copies of H5G

and a bust of locke
out of armor, grimed up and coated in reflective housepaint to emulate the muckiness of when he was stranded on the halo fragment

To compensate for lack of 4-player splitscreen.

People just don't want it.

It's a pain in the ass to join a match mid-game with the other team already in the lead or having possession of the power weapons.

I can see the benefits to join-in-progress but there's also a lot of negatives with such a feature.

It's a pro and con game for sure. I'm not a HUGE fan, but the amount of quitters and AFKers I've seen in MCC seems like the worst in a Halo title to date. I seriously think it's by-product of virtually every other shooter having it now, so to a lot of casual players if the game's not going well, leave it and join another.

You have been selected for the Halo: MCC content update beta test. The CU is undergoing additional testing and the download will become available in the near future. Please see the Preview Dashboard announcements for information. Thank you!

Just got this message on xbl.

You have been selected for the Halo: MCC content update beta test. The CU is undergoing additional testing and the download will become available in the near future. Please see the Preview Dashboard announcements for information. Thank you!

Just got this message on xbl.

I got it as well

Netprints

I have been selected to be a part of the halo patch beta. Says the patch is still in testing and should be release in the near future

RowdyReverb

I have been non-selected! They at least sent out a courtesy message to let me know not to expect it. I did say I wouldn't be available this evening in the survey though. Look forward to hearing impressions from you beta testers!

CliQ

wNjW3fC.jpg

***DAILY REMINDER***

Now that the Halo 5 Beta has passed it's time we power down those thrusters and get back to business! This weekend the MCC Throwdown will be returning and it is up to YOU what we play. If you don't know what the hell any of this is please take a minute to check out these two videos...

MCC Throwdown Highlights!

MOAR MCC Highlights!

Cast your vote here to decide what we play!

If you would like to be a part of the MCC Throwdown and I don't already know who you are please send me a PM with your gamertag and I will add you on Xbox Live.

If I do know who you are, well...

giphy.gif

See you on the battlefield!

Fuchsdh

You're right, but it's still the worst of all possible anti-quitting solutions.

This seems like a whynotboth.gif solution (of course, the devil is in implementing it.)

If you quit, you have to wait a few minutes before you can search again. Quit repeatedly, and you get longer periods. And you have JIP enabled for the first X minutes of a match and Y kills or objectives so people can fill in a game that's not completely over already, or whatnot.

I understand the arguments for deranking, but A) there are people (like me!) who don't really care about rank, aside from its matchmaking implications, and B) wouldn't that just make deranking to smash newbs a popular option?

This seems like a whynotboth.gif solution (of course, the devil is in implementing it.)

If you quit, you have to wait a few minutes before you can search again. Quit repeatedly, and you get longer periods. And you have JIP enabled for the first X minutes of a match and Y kills or objectives so people can fill in a game that's not completely over already, or whatnot.

I understand the arguments for deranking, but A) there are people (like me!) who don't really care about rank, aside from its matchmaking implications, and B) wouldn't that just make deranking to smash newbs a popular option?

I think fushadacghdasghfjs is mostly right. The caveat is that JIP has to implemented very well. In an early (below a minute or two, <10 kills) slayer game or before anything is scored in an objective game (plus some time criteria), it's obviously reasonable to replace people to salvage an otherwise blown game. The real problem is when the game shoves you into games that you are probably destined to lose regardless of how you play.

I mean, we've had stupid comebacks from JIP'ing in Halo 4 and wrecking a full team of scrubs who had a huge lead built up, but that was far more rare than dealing with a pre-lost game.

jem0208

Somebody stream the MCC with the Beta applied. I want to see the progress/results in real time.

Frankie did say that it's likely it will be worse for those in the beta because the population will be much smaller.

Halo 4 is literally the only playlist I can get a game in... why does it work almost perfectly on only one playlist...?

Top Bottom