• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

Started to do the speedruns in Halo 2. Since when do you get shot, while you are hijacking a vehicle? This was never the case in original Halo 2...

This makes it pretty frustrating on Metropolis, eventhough I have a pretty great checkpoint and time, that I can come back to after I restart the game.

Edit: Even the friendly Warthog is shooting me, while I hijack stuff. The fuck is happening?

FyreWulff

Started to do the speedruns in Halo 2. Since when do you get shot, while you are hijacking a vehicle? This was never the case in original Halo 2...

This makes it pretty frustrating on Metropolis, eventhough I have a pretty great checkpoint and time, that I can come back to after I restart the game.

Edit: Even the friendly Warthog is shooting me, while I hijack stuff. The fuck is happening?

I think you killed some marines or something.

If you didn't, then they're shooting at the enemy still in the vehicle while you are on it.

I don't know how it even happened, but they unchecked something in Halo 2. In the original (dunno about PC), neither allies nor enemies would shoot at the player hijacking a tank because neither side wanted to risk friendly fire and, for obvious reasons, not blow up the player in situations like the Metropolis encounter. It's been disabled in H2A though, meaning you're good as dead unless it's a situation like the Wraith on Delta Halo where you can turn it into a one-on-one.

Akai__

I think you killed some marines or something.

If you didn't, then they're shooting at the enemy still in the vehicle while you are on it.

I didn't kill any marines and yeah, they are obviously shooting the enemy in the Wraith but why? This actually never happened to me in original Halo 2 nor does it happen in any other Halo game. Enemies and AI will just look at you, except the Brutes in the Wraith turret in Halo 3.

I'm past that point now, though. Just have to make the early Scarab jump and be done with the level. Looks like it's going to be Metropolis under 5 minutes.

I don't know how it even happened, but they unchecked something in Halo 2. In the original (dunno about PC), neither allies nor enemies would shoot at the player hijacking a tank because neither side wanted to risk friendly fire and, for obvious reasons, not blow up the player in situations like the Metropolis encounter. It's been disabled in H2A though, meaning you're good as dead unless it's a situation like the Wraith on Delta Halo where you can turn it into a one-on-one.

Yeah, this is so weird.

Oh damn, that's weird then.

What's a reliable spot for the death to happen? I could check the same spot in H2PC again.

Two I can think of are the aforementioned double Wraith / gauss hog encounter on Metropolis, or the multiple Wraiths at the start of Great Journey.

VinFTW

Because clearly people are saying that.

Oh please.. it's impossible to express certain opinions around here without getting responses like: "wut" "..then theres nothing to discuss", "did you even play the game?", "like, wut?"

Don't know why its so hard for people to understand that some people think Destiny is disappointing in almost every way, like there's something ridiculous or hyperbolic about not liking the game at all.

The game was a massive letdown. For someone who loves Halo and is a huge fan of MMOs, getting promised to the moon and back by Bungie and then getting what we got... yeah, it's tragic. Some people like being addicted to chasing loot in that game, all the more power to 'em, but it doesn't make it a great game, at all.

Does it suck? No, I'll probably buy it again on PS4, but I know what I'm getting when I do and I certainly won't make people feel stupid if they don't like it.

but like I said, done arguing, I usually agree with Ram on everything, don't want to make enemies, especially if I can play with some of you in the future on Halo 5 or Destiny (does ANYBODY have it on PS4 in HaloGAF)?

-Ryn

Banned
Welcome to the HaloGAF club AnonomissX!

Happy to have you.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to keep your shakers handy and your popcorn salty. Or sweet.
Or spicy.

qav8IfX.png

You think there's a lack of Xbone players that play Destiny? Wat.

Going into Vault of Glass blind was one of the coolest FPS experiences I've had. You probably won't get to experience a blind run, but a regular run where you just nail all the mechanics is still awesome. What level are you? I will personally help you or anyone else run through VoG normal if you haven't already done it. It's an experience everyone should do.
Playing blind was great. Sadly though it's hard to do. I managed to do about a third of the Vault of Glass blind until the rest of my team decided they wanted to have a walkthroughs which was a major bummer. Every time I've tried to do it the people either had done it, wanted to use exploits, or wanted to use a guide.

I beat it. But not the way I hoped sadly.
It sucks that the experience raids offer which is really the best part of the game, are reserved to multiplayer. Nothing in the campaign comes close to it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Oh please.. it's impossible to express certain opinions around here without getting responses like: "wut" "..then theres nothing to discuss", "did you even play the game?", "like, wut?"

Don't know why its so hard for people to understand that some people think Destiny is disappointing in almost every way, like there's something ridiculous or hyperbolic about not liking the game at all.

The game was a massive letdown. For someone who loves Halo and is a huge fan of MMOs, getting promised to the moon and back by Bungie and then getting what we got... yeah, it's tragic. Some people like being addicted to chasing loot in that game, all the more power to 'em, but it doesn't make it a great game, at all.

Does it suck? No, I'll probably buy it again on PS4, but I know what I'm getting when I do and I certainly won't make people feel stupid if they don't like it.

but like I said, done arguing, I usually agree with Ram on everything, don't want to make enemies, especially if I can play with some of you in the future on Halo 5 or Destiny (does ANYBODY have it on PS4 in HaloGAF)?
You play the raid yet?

-Ryn

Banned
Ram has it on PS4

Hello Neogaf! AnonomissX here. The "X" is not silent. You can thank me later.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked? Ever since that "try and buy" baloney regarding some DLC for Halo 4. I wanted to give it to Frankie, read something about his nickname being "Stinkles", GOOGLED it, and found you guys. So about 2 years. I just got my posting privileges, so the fear is real, lol

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional) 47 yrs old, Las Vegas, NV

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games? Since 2002. A freind introduced me to Halo CE when I busted my leg. LAN with my cousins, then Xboxconnect.com. I have bought and played CE-4.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater) Since the MCC launch, crying alone in my room, erp, either in Forge, or SEARCHING for a game in Matchmaking. It used to be the golden triangle of Forge, Matchmaking, customs.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack) IF I can get in: BTB, CTF, Infection. I enjoyed Firefight in Reach as well.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
– Any HaloGaffers you know in real life. -is this real life?
Fun fact: Nockyard is an xbox freind, was surprised to see him post aa while back.

– Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of. The Bungie forums, Halowaypoint, of course, and a few submissions to grifballhub.

– Any other games you spend a lot of time playing. Well, since I gave my 360 to my brother to thank him for helping me clear out and set up my room (new 39 inch HDTV and xbone) only card games and Bubble Blast 2 on my Android tablet.

– Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Inbound sales/service call center agent, testy voice on the phone (not really, just hide it well). Managing my household's cheap-ass tech, reading R H Heinlein science Fiction novels through Kindle, chocolate, crochet. Ask me more later.

Hi there AnonomissX! I'm kind of new here myself so make yourself welcome :D

VinFTW

You play the raid yet?
Only a few times, tried killing atheon on someone's save, never beat it, only tried it a couple times. I mostly played on Xbox with my brother and friends casually.

We did some nightfalls and stuff, which, funny enough, are cheesed.

Welcome to the HaloGAF club AnonomissX!

Happy to have you.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to keep your shakers handy and your popcorn salty. Or sweet.
Or spicy.

qav8IfX.png

Playing blind was great. Sadly though it's hard to do. I managed to do about a third of the Vault of Glass blind until the rest of my team decided they wanted to have a walkthroughs which was a major bummer. Every time I've tried to do it the people either had done it, wanted to use exploits, or wanted to use a guide.

I beat it. But not the way I hoped sadly.
It sucks that the experience raids offer which is really the best part of the game, are reserved to multiplayer. Nothing in the campaign comes close to it.

I'll never get tired of theae drawings. lol at the cat with glasses up in the tree

Overdoziz

Banned
Only a few times, tried killing atheon on someone's save, never beat it, only tried it a couple times. I mostly played on Xbox with my brother and friends casually.

This explains things.

Tawpgun

You gotta try it all in one go. The first time was a treat but the encounters are still awesome every time.

If you really, truly think there's something in an FPS that is similar to a Destiny raid then gimme a link or explain it in detail. Raids are a LOT more than just firefight with objectives.

And don't act like you're persecuted for thinking Destiny is disappointing. Pretty sure everyone thinks that and I think the majority of GAF don't like the game at all. Destiny is a disappointment outside of the raids, the art, and the core combat gameplay. It could have been something special, but we only got a bit of it.

Let me know if you wanna run through VoG. As a level 32 I haven't done Normal mode in a while and I'm kinda curious how it will feel being so overleveled for it now lol.

VinFTW

You gotta try it all in one go. The first time was a treat but the encounters are still awesome every time.

If you really, truly think there's something in an FPS that is similar to a Destiny raid then gimme a link or explain it in detail. Raids are a LOT more than just firefight with objectives.

And don't act like you're persecuted for thinking Destiny is disappointing. Pretty sure everyone thinks that and I think the majority of GAF don't like the game at all. Destiny is a disappointment outside of the raids, the art, and the core combat gameplay. It could have been something special, but we only got a bit of it.

Let me know if you wanna run through VoG. As a level 32 I haven't done Normal mode in a while and I'm kinda curious how it will feel being so overleveled for it now lol.
I'd love to give it another go. I think I'm gonna buy it again on Xbox one to hold me over till hardline.

This explains things.
Don't be elitist because I sold it so quickly... Have you beat ultimate vault hunter mode on bl2? Could say the same thing but I won't because its a dick thing to do...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
lol thanks

Can't wait to get my laptop back so I can do more.

I thought about putting in a flaming kangaroo as well but I couldn't find a place for it.
Maybe another time

I love your drawings. Please never stop.

There is a distinct lack of tears in it though :'(

Overdoziz

Banned
Don't be elitist because I sold it so quickly... Have you beat ultimate vault hunter mode on bl2? Could say the same thing but I won't because its a dick thing to do...
This would make more sense if I complained about BL2's ultimate vault hunter mode without even having played through the entire thing once.

It's so fun, total God-mode. Use fatebringer and go to town.

IHaveIce

Banned
You think there's a lack of Xbone players that play Destiny? Wat.

Going into Vault of Glass blind was one of the coolest FPS experiences I've had. You probably won't get to experience a blind run, but a regular run where you just nail all the mechanics is still awesome. What level are you? I will personally help you or anyone else run through VoG normal if you haven't already done it. It's an experience everyone should do.

Yeah especially from Europe where the Xbone is as good as dead. :(

I've done it upto Atheon at launch, but we didn't beat him, then all those people I played with stopped playing and so only the last fight is missing. I agree the blind raids and the raids as a whole are amazing.

I'm level 31, I would love to have more Destiny players. GT is IHaveAnIce.

Also everyone new to HaloGAF, welcome here and also feel free to add me.

-Ryn

Banned
I love your drawings. Please never stop.

There is a distinct lack of tears in it though :'(
Glad you like them. I'll definitely keep it up!

Tears are definitely missing. I've made a mental note of this for the future. Thanks :)

I was actually attracted to Halo some time during 5th grade because I read Ringworld just prior to watching my uncle play the second mission.
How serendipitous

I remember asking some guys in my art class what Halo was about.

Halo 3 was about some dude name Chief John and his wife Cortana who he had to save from alien squids. At the end of the game Chief and Cortana (who is now pregnant) crash into the ocean in a half of a ship.

In retrospect I'm not really sure how I didn't notice his buddy trying not to laugh.

Ramirez

I agree the blind raids and the raids as a whole are amazing.

Which really is the only thing I said that Destiny brought to the table that really changed the game in how FPS could be moving forward in a co-op environment. But then I get people who have never even played them writing paragraphs about how they're not all that special, lol.

• Nice name Anonomiss lol
  • Destiny is meh and those who like it describe it as an addiction they enjoy. An "addiction," a word commonly used by Destiny players. Addiction. Think about that.
    First step is admitting you have a problem.
  • Nice Wahrer sighting in that pic Ryn :b

VinFTW

Which really is the only thing I said that Destiny brought to the table that really changed the game in how FPS could be moving forward in a co-op environment. But then I get people who have never even played them writing paragraphs about how they're not all that special, lol.
Never even played them? This is the exact shit I'm talking about. I have played them, I didn't finish it but I lost interest before I even cared to go in a 3rd time and sold the game.

How does that not entitle me to having an opinion? Overdoz?

Man some of you just can't handle people having different opinions. The amount of defensive behavior that comes flying out around here is amusingly high.

Edit: I'll tell you what, I'll rebuy the game, grind the same boring missions and strikes 2-3 hours a day till I get enough gear to do the new raid, and the do the raid and I promise I'll be back complaining it's still lacking any sort of value.

I'd love for you guys to try uvhm on bl2 before calling destiny the best coop experience out there lol

WoW is overrated.
Have you been trolling me this whole time and I haven't been seeing it?

Wow, I got a drawing! Thanks -Ryn. I thought I was in for a GTFO from some chicklet buns or something around here. And I have plenty of salt, even though I have poured an entire salt lick's worth out on the waypoint forums.

Destiny? I just...can't. I can't HEAR what that fake Gulty Spark is saying most of the time, the controller/button layout ruins my "Halo hands" and the lack of actual story drives me nuts. Who am I in this game? Why should I care? Why is my character not asking a gon of questions? Hey, that history of mankind after meeting the traveler up to the darkness hitting? Tell me THAT story!

I played the beta briefly, got the game bundled with the xbone (thank you Halogaf I can't call it snything else now) and I just CAN'T. I have freinds IRL who play, and my brother plays it on his gamertag when he come over. If other people like the game, then thats fine.

DJ Gunner

Aren't you the guy who said anyone who didn't love Halo 5 was bad at it?

Madness

Wow, I got a drawing! Thanks -Ryn. I thought I was in for a GTFO from some chicklet buns or something around here. And I have plenty of salt, even though I have poured an entire salt lick's worth out on the waypoint forums.

Destiny? I just...can't. I can't HEAR what that fake Gulty Spark is saying most of the time, the controller/button layout ruins my "Halo hands" and the lack of actual story drives me nuts. Who am I in this game? Why should I care? Why is my character not asking a gon of questions? Hey, that history of mankind after meeting the traveler up to the darkness hitting? Tell me THAT story!

I played the beta briefly, got the game bundled with the xbone (thank you Halogaf I can't call it snything else now) and I just CAN'T. I have freinds IRL who play, and my brother plays it on his gamertag when he come over. If other people like the game, then thats fine.

GTFO...

Kidding! Welcome, enjoy the months and months of cyclical discussions regarding sprint, ADS, the CE pistol, what makes Halo, Halo, #nomotiontracker, peppered with bouts of infighting amongst us.

Chitown B

Motion tracker isn't strategy, it tells you everything. No motion tracker is strategy.

no it does not. It's not very wide, and people can crouch to get off of it. Plus it isn't telling you what direction they are going necessarily, between pulses. And they can see you too.

If you aren't playing with a team who calls out, then no motion tracker is just death. Unless you get lucky and see someone first.

Top Bottom