• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Impala26

I'd like to do it with 5 people from Gaf rather than randoms, think it'll help. I'll give it an honest second attempt, especially since halo has let me down and I won't have it again till halo 5.

Ughhhh... pick a weekend time ahead of time and I'll be down. Got to level 28 on my Titan on Sunday and I've YET to play any Raid action.

*has lost control of his life*

-Ryn

Banned
Ughhhh... pick a weekend time ahead of time and I'll be down. Got to level 28 on my Titan on Sunday and I've YET to play any Raid action.

*has lost control of his life*
At least at the end of the day you've still got a lovely lover who loves you enough to lovingly paint a lovely Impala with a lovely Chief helmet... of love.

At least at the end of the day you've still got a lovely lover who loves you enough to lovingly paint a lovely Impala with a lovely Chief helmet... of love.

That impala chief tho

track_20_1.gif

aaand just finished te survey, finally gave them my beef with the god aweful sniper

Computer

Servery done. Some tough question in there. Found myself in the middle of a lot of questions. I don't want them to botch Halo 5 because I did have a blast at times. But some changes may help.

-Ryn

Banned
It's great to see they are actually sending our a survey so feedback isn't limited to waypoint. Will probably help a lot with tuning. I'd really love to see the voting results though. So curious.

That impala chief tho
It really is lovely

lol... you guys...

Thanks. :)
;)

Cherish dat love bro

Dat feeling when your girl finally plays MCC, it works, and she gets herself ninja'd.

:(((((
Work that "ninja'd" concept into the bedroom imo.
BOOSH
ka'd

Really though get some play with that. Teach her the ways of the Ninja.

Hi Juniors.

Dat feeling when your girl finally plays MCC, it works, and she gets herself ninja'd.

Significant others belong in campaign.

So...if you could build a Halo ring, erp, a Halo game from the ground up, what features would you bring forward from each game from CE to Halo 4? What vehicles? What weapons? What do you want excluded?
Not necessarily a design document, but the beginnings of an idea:

Vehicles: Warthog, Gauss Hog, Ghost, Scorpion, Wraith, Mongoose, Mantis (controversial but I liked it), Banshee but without the goddamn fuel rod cannon. There needs to be a another flying vehicle, something that just has a pilot and a gunner. The Falcon was too hard to coordinate most of the time, and the Hornet just duplicated what the Banshee was (one-player).

Frags should be bouncy and never kill a full-health player in one hit.Dual-wielding was dumb, it's impossible to balance well. Health packs were dumb, health is just not a fun or interesting resource to manage.

A single-shot (not burst) precision utility weapon would be cool, but not in a crowded sandbox where there are eleven of them. More specifically...

Sandbox should be:
Standard:
  • Precision Utility
  • A secondary precision utility that is meaningfully different from the first (different zoom, magnetism, RoF, has bloom, etc)
  • Automatic for thumbless scrublord BKs
  • Plasma Rifle, as God intended, not a shitty ripoff like the Storm Rifle or Repeater
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Shotgun
  • Needler

Some spice in the form of quasi-power weapons that aren't quite power weapons, like the Railgun, Grenade Launcher, Bruteshot/Concussion Rifle, Sticky Det, or Focus Rifle. Pick a few and make them interesting instead of dominating. Heck, maybe even a powerful automatic that needs to be fired in bursts to be effective.

Power weapons:
  • Rocket
  • Sniper
  • Sword
  • Something prometheany, perhaps similar to the Hydra functionally.

Nothing that is basically duplicating the functionality of something else with a very simple adjustment ("twice as powerful but half the magazine size? Let's call them the Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon! How creative we are!").

Ordnance drops are bad. Fall damage is bad. Descope is good. Assassinations are cool but for god's sake do not make them basically mandatory again. Give me a real choice between being showy and being sneaky.

Anybody know when we are getting the game we paid for?
Somewhere between "please stop asking" and boy I hope they finally forgot about it.

Perfect Halo game? Easy...

Base/Player:
  • Halo 2 Movement
  • Halo 1 Aiming
  • Halo 2 Shields
  • Halo 2 Radar (Off by default in MM)
  • Halo 1 Med Packs (Off by default, toggle for customs)
  • Halo Reach Compass
  • Halo 3 Dual Weilding
  • Halo 2 Boarding
  • Halo 2 Jumping
  • Halo 1 Hail Marry Quarterback Arm for Grenades
Weapons (Long list, some only for customs and forge):
  • Halo 1 Pistol (Secondary Weapon in MM)
  • Halo 1 AR
  • Halo 1 PR w/ Plasma Freeze (Skinned as Repeater from Reach)
  • Halo 1 Shotgun
  • Halo 1 Rockets (Default Rockets on map)
  • Halo 1 PC Flamethrower
  • Halo 2 Sniper
  • Halo 2 PP (with less tracking)
  • Halo 2 PR
  • Halo 2 Sentinel Beam
  • Halo 2 Brute Shot
  • Halo 2 BR (Primary Weapon in MM, Hitscan)
  • Halo 2 Rockets w/ Tracking (New Model)
  • Halo 2 Brute PR
  • Halo 2 Sword
  • Halo 2 Beam Rifle
  • Halo 2 Fuel Rod
  • Halo 3 Beta Carbine
  • Halo 3 Laser
  • Halo 3 Spiker
  • Halo 3 Mauler
  • Halo 3 Grav Hammer
  • Halo 3 Needler
  • Halo 3 Fuel Rod
  • ODST Pistol (Duel Wieldable)
  • ODST SMG (Dual Wieldable)
  • Reach Grenade Launcher
  • Reach Focus Rifle
  • Halo 4 Sticky Det
  • Halo 5 Light Rifle
  • Needler Shotgun
  • Human Gauss Rifle (Instagib, a better Binary Rifle)
Vehicles:
  • Halo 2 Hog
  • Halo 2 Tank
  • Halo 2 Ghost
  • Halo 2 Specter
  • Halo 2 Banshee
  • Halo 3 Hornet
  • Halo 3 Goose
  • Halo 3 Troop Hog
  • Halo 3 Chopper
  • Halo 3 Brute Zamboni Ski Machine
  • Halo 3 Wraith
  • Halo 3 AA Wraith
  • Halo 3 Elephant
  • Halo Reach Gauss Hog
  • Halo Reach Falcon
  • Halo 2A Civillian Hog
Other:
  • Halo 2 Fixed Turrets
  • Halo 3 Detachable Turrets
  • Halo 2 Camo
  • Halo 2 Overshield
  • Halo 3 Speedboost (Halo 2 style model)
  • Trip Mine
  • Power Drainer
  • Bubble Shield
  • Regen
  • Halo 2 Frag Nade
  • Halo 2 Plasma Nade
  • Halo 2 On Map Buttons
  • Man Cannons and Teleporters
Modes:
  • Campaign (Good Story)
  • MP (w/ Offline System Link)
  • Firefight w/ MM (ODST Style)
  • Modern Warfare Style Spec Ops
  • Halo 3 Theater
  • H2A Forge
  • Anvil (PC based modeling and texturing software for custom maps to download to xbox)
Playlists(1-50 Ranks):
  • Objective
  • Team Slayer (4v4, no radar, BR/Pistol Starts)
  • Breakout
  • SWAT
  • Snipers
  • Doubles
  • BTB
  • Zombies
  • Race
  • Action Sack
  • Unranked Slayer (4v4, ODST SMG starts)
General
  • 1080p
  • 60 FPS with one player, Locked 30 w/ 4 player split screen
  • Dedicated Servers
  • Ability to host a public custom game w/ customs browser
  • Halo 3 Voting (Veto a map/gametype at risk of one you like less)

Ship it working 100% day one, release a a yearly MP expansion that is required for all ranked MM modes.

Hire me.

You had me at objective #1 of your playlists :)

Ideally Slayer and Objective would be one playlist but people wouldn't enjoy it and playing objective with random players can get frustrating when they treat every game as slayer. Keeping objective at the top would hopefully keep it populated.

Booshka

Ideally Slayer and Objective would be one playlist but people wouldn't enjoy it and playing objective with random players can get frustrating when they treat every game as slayer.

I'd like the idea of once you get into 40 and above in ranking, Objective becomes a part of the MM gametypes to vote on, especially if you are searching as a To2-4.

Well I just went to Starbucks for the first time. Got a caramel Farp and a BUN.

Did I make a mistake CoffeeGAF?

Judging by your drink, you actually went to Storbucks, the underground Malaysian knockoff.

garrys-mod-wat.gif

I beg to DIFFER my good sir
Campaign is fine because that can be paced more consciously by the designer. In multiplayer:... "Here's your reward for surviving that fight! Pick one: more easily lose the next fight, or wander around the map avoiding the real game to pick up a box so you can play again without a handicap." I don't find that at all fun, I'd rather get back into the action without some artifice that basically rewards you for just dying instead.

That is chemicals

Buy a French press
Buy organic coffee
Enjoy real coffee
Don't forget to purchase a small Chilean boy to grind the beans in his teeth, but make sure you whip from the back so that he doesn't "accidentally" swallow them (obvs. he's going to be hungry after not letting him eat or drink for several days to get the right dry mouth). Hope just fucks with the aromatics, so watch out for that too.

-Ryn

Banned
Judging by your drink, you actually went to Storbucks, the underground Malaysian knockoff.
I think I died laughing

Campaign is fine because that can be paced more consciously by the designer. In multiplayer:... "Here's your reward for surviving that fight! Pick one: more easily lose the next fight, or wander around the map avoiding the real game to pick up a box so you can play again without a handicap." I don't find that at all fun, I'd rather get back into the action without some artifice that basically rewards you for just dying instead.
Hmm... you make a good point.
While I do enjoy the intensity personally, I can see how it might be better to use regen health in multiplayer. I still prefer a health system though :p

starbucks is not very good
Yeahhh... it's really not based on that Farp and bun...

Yes. Don't stress about the organic, though. It'll still be the best coffee you've ever had.
It seems I'm off to get a French Press.
Good thing I just got paid. Do I need to grind my own beans?

Aren't we fancy
French Fancy

It's the fanciest

What is this lie I'm living!?

EDIT

Don't forget to purchase a small Chilean boy to grind the beans in his teeth, but make sure you whip from the back so that he doesn't "accidentally" swallow them (obvs. he's going to be hungry after not letting him eat or drink for several days to get the right dry mouth). Hope just fucks with the aromatics, so watch out for that too.
dead2.gif

Booshka

No wonder you got booted from the MCC Throwdown.

SaganIsGOAT

Your point?

It's not really fancy you just have control over brew time.

tips fedora

Your point? Coffee is one of the most heavily sprayed crops with pesticides.

Level of pesticide use has nothing to do with what is and is not organic.

And I was mostly poking fun at you saying that it "is chemicals."

Because so is everything else, you see.

SaganIsGOAT

Level of pesticide use has nothing to do with what is and is not organic.

And I was mostly poking fun at you saying that it "is chemicals."

Because so is everything else, you see.

For something to be qualified as USDA Organic. "Organic agriculture produces products using methods that preserve the environment and avoid most synthetic materials, such as pesticides and antibiotics. USDA organic standards describe how farmers grow crops and raise livestock and which materials they may use."

I'm not sure if you guys are just joking or actually misinformed.

Booshka

For something to be qualified as USDA Organic. "Organic agriculture produces products using methods that preserve the environment and avoid most synthetic materials, such as pesticides and antibiotics. USDA organic standards describe how farmers grow crops and raise livestock and which materials they may use."

4136479623_538898dcff.jpg

Synthetic being the key word. They can marinate in pesticides and still qualify as organic. They just can't be synthetic pesticides.

And yes, non-synthetic pesticides are a thing.

Halo.

I considered making that joke, but then I was like "no way, that's way too pedantic."

<3

Welfare

Prinz likes boys?

SaganIsGOAT

Synthetic being the key word. They can marinate in pesticides and still qualify as organic. They just can't be synthetic pesticides.

And yes, non-synthetic pesticides are a thing.

Halo.

I considered making that joke, but then I was like "no way, that's way too pendantic."

<3

I honesty thought the point of USDA Organic was an overall lower limit allowed of pesticide residue. I mean I am pretty sure they even describe that themselves. It is what we were originally arguing. But hey, I learned a little something from your link so thanks :)

I honesty thought the point of USDA Organic was an overall lower limit allowed of pesticide residue. I mean I am pretty sure they even describe that themselves. It is what we were originally arguing. But hey, I learned a little something from your link so thanks :)

No problem, just giving you a hard time :p

It seems I'm off to get a French Press.
Good thing I just got paid. Do I need to grind my own beans?
You could, but I just grind mine at the store. I found a french press for like 15 dollars somewhere, and I like it. But I think that's because I'm a more of a tea drinker and its similar in prep more or less.
I should say I drink my coffee black for maximum laziness.

-Ryn

Banned
You could, but I just grind mine at the store. I found a french press for like 15 dollars somewhere, and I like it. But I think that's because I'm a more of a tea drinker and its similar in prep more or less.
I should say I drink my coffee black for maximum laziness.
lol Thanks man I'll give it a shot.

I love tea but I can't drink straight black coffee. The first time I drank coffee was straight black... the bitterness...

This isn't coffee gaf
What if I use a Halo themed French Press and slap a poorly drawn Master Chief helmet on my mug?

Vanilla Latte no matter what, no matter where.

Anything else is trash.
What's a Latte?

As in what is it like? Sweet? Creamy? Bitter? :p

games media giving some coverage to the current state of MCC

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/26/halo-the-master-chief-disaster/

&#8220;Phil Spencer is keen to tell us that Xbox One owners enjoy the &#8220;premium experience&#8221; &#8211; and yet, here&#8217;s their premier title, released in an appalling state.&#8221;

Ouch. But. True.

I'm chomping at the bit across the board for my Xbox One Platform and by extension Halo. The Azure regional dedis are so tasty I salivate at the marketing push every time. MCC up until the recent solo Halo 4 playlist kills that at each turn, multiplayer wise. I truly hope H5 is completely built on a stable Azure platform with players receiving the power to toggle global or region specific.

Oh and a stable game including campaign and multiplayer plus even teams.

Fixing MCC with the new X1 platform integration would return my friends from Destiny, not permanently but they would have regular nights of Halo again. H5 will hopefully have it all highly functioning at launch.

Top Bottom