• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Why? Score before Kills, or?

Players section is so fucking big for no purpose. Shrink that down and you could have more stats on the first page.

Actually, scratch that. All the boxes are too fucking big.

The Players section has some consistency. The text is all Left aligned. Everything else? Left AND Right aligned.

Sandbox skull 1000% easier now.

FyreWulff

Actually, that seems intentional, because they're definitely detecting the game mode and disabling them, possibly just by deleting the guardian objects in real time when the map is loaded into Forge.. They still shoot at you in MM and customs.

See, that's the sort of stuff I wanted them to do with the MCC, add functionality that wasn't possible in the original releases due to technical reasons or time limits.

Stuff like adding all weapons to all Halo 3 maps so you can play with Carbine starts, etc.

gAg CruSh3r

Who likes The PIT?
Capture_zpsbx7nlckx.jpg

I made a trailer for my forge remake in H2A. I'll share it this weekend.

Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ox4N4olsk

Looks great! I would have to agree with everyone else. Take out those windows and lights. Use the 10x10 wall for the back walls if you can. I forge all the time and lights and windows can be a killer to frame rate drops. I would love to try that out.

Quick tip to make sure frame rate is at key. Is to stand at a corner of the map, look across the map very slowly, and if your screen starts to frame drop or studder then you know something needs to be done to it. More then likely there is to many textures on the screen and needs to be dull down.

Tawpgun

Actually, that seems intentional, because they're definitely detecting the game mode and disabling them, possibly just by deleting the guardian objects in real time when the map is loaded into Forge.. They still shoot at you in MM and customs.

See, that's the sort of stuff I wanted them to do with the MCC, add functionality that wasn't possible in the original releases due to technical reasons or time limits.

Stuff like adding all weapons to all Halo 3 maps so you can play with Carbine starts, etc.

Ideally.

But at this point MCC should just aim to be a stable experience with good playlist management. I'm sure MCC is a technical clusterfuck but if we manage to find a stable game I want to at least be rewarded with something good. Not AR starts sandtrap.

Ideally.

But at this point MCC should just aim to be a stable experience with good playlist management. I'm sure MCC is a technical clusterfuck but if we manage to find a stable game I want to at least be rewarded with something good. Not AR starts sandtrap.
What's the point with the Carbine? What's the point with AR starts in Halo 2 and 3? What's the point with TMCC if I can't ever play what I want, when I want, how I want?

Vote with your opinions on forums because we're all going to buy Halo games regardless lol. If Halo 5 comes around and doesn't have a CGB, everyone should be campaigning for that instead of huehueplaylistmanagementsoisoisprintHalo6

343 should listen to the people who stay after they hype is over and have to deal with their broken shit.

black Ops 3 comes out a week after Guardians. So they should try to appeal to Halo fans. Not the lowest common denominator flavor of the month generic gamer.

Fuchsdh

Uncharted is one of those games I was completely ready to love, and it left me cold. The Qawwali music sting every time you fell off a ledge really did not help things.

The multiplayer was what I think I enjoyed the most.

Still think that the operative word for what I'm doing in Witcher 2 is "suffering" as well, so I am out of the GAF mainstream for a lot of these games apparently :)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Uncharted is one of those games I was completely ready to love, and it left me cold. The Qawwali music sting every time you fell off a ledge really did not help things.

Still think that the operative word for what I'm doing in Witcher 2 is "suffering" as well, so I am out of the GAF mainstream for a lot of these games apparently :)

I'm in for UC4 (mostly because I feel Naughty Dog matured a LOT after TLOU), but the series as a whole is just ok. Uncharted 2 is pretty good but the rest don't hold up well at all.

edit: v it's a tarp

dwells

I'm sure MCC is a technical clusterfuck but if we manage to find a stable game I want to at least be rewarded with something good. Not AR starts sandtrap.
Tell me about it. Twice the other day I had people vote AR spawn High Ground. Once over H2 Warlock BRs and the other over H3 Midship BRs. Both games got lopsided fast and led to quitting. I have no idea why people vote for that crap.

Tell me about it. Twice the other day I had people vote AR spawn High Ground. Once over H2 Warlock BRs and the other over H3 Midship BRs. Both games got lopsided fast and led to quitting. I have no idea why people vote for that crap.

ARs encourage map movement, duh

RowdyReverb

You're playing Witcher 2? I just beat that for the first time yesterday. Not bad for a 5 year old last gen title. Makes me appreciate the changes in Witcher 3 that much more. It's hard to adjust my combat habits from 2 though

Fuchsdh

You're playing Witcher 2? I just beat that for the first time yesterday. Not bad for a 5 year old last gen title. Makes me appreciate the changes in Witcher 3 that much more

Yeah got it with GWG on 360. I thought I was getting into the flow with combat and how you apply potions and stuff... but I really just can't get into it, and I'm not sure entirely what it is. I appreciate that they've got a nuanced story going here, but I really can't keep a lot of it in my head.

I got up to speed a lot quicker in Skyrim, so I dunno why I'm having trouble connecting with this game. The "too many damn quests" feeling is real, though.

Either way, my next gen wishlist for these games is cutting down on the damn loading screens. Halo still doesn't get enough credit for its unobtrusive loading. Games like Half-Life 2 and even Bioshock in places completely kill their momentum for me with the loading screens.

Either way, my next gen wishlist for these games is cutting down on the damn loading screens. Halo still doesn't get enough credit for its unobtrusive loading. Games like Half-Life 2 and even Bioshock in places completely kill their momentum for me with the loading screens.

I know you mean for campaigns but the load times, for H2A maps in particular, are absurd in MCC.

RowdyReverb

Yeah got it with GWG on 360. I thought I was getting into the flow with combat and how you apply potions and stuff... but I really just can't get into it, and I'm not sure entirely what it is. I appreciate that they've got a nuanced story going here, but I really can't keep a lot of it in my head.

I got up to speed a lot quicker in Skyrim, so I dunno why I'm having trouble connecting with this game. The "too many damn quests" feeling is real, though.

I'll be honest, I used a walkthrough for most of the game because I just enjoyed fighting, looting, and watching the story. The quest log can be overwhelming and I didn't have the patience to wander around until I found what I was supposed to do next. Also played on Easy because I was eager to get through it and play 3.
I pretty much completely ignored potions and alchemy in my playthrough and focused on Swordsmanship and later Magic and I think it helped make the combat a little easier to grasp for an initial playthrough. Kotaku's getting started guide helped and I used this walkthrough.
The load times did suck, but I'd encourage you to stick with it. Try dropping to easy and keeping your game simple. It makes it feel less burdensome.

Fuchsdh

I know you mean for campaigns but the load times, for H2A maps in particular, are absurd in MCC.

Eh, that's definitely true, but I'm thinking more about campaign.

(I'm definitely thinking about just swapping out the internet HDD on my XB1 for a big SSD whenever I fill up my current volume though. Why MS and Sony decided SATAII and 5400RPM hard drives were acceptable for the next five years is beyond me.)

I'll be honest, I used a walkthrough for most of the game because I just enjoyed fighting, looting, and watching the story. The quest log can be overwhelming and I didn't have the patience to wander around until I found what I was supposed to do next. Also played on Easy because I was eager to get through it and play 3.
I pretty much completely ignored potions and alchemy in my playthrough and focused on Swordsmanship and later Magic and I think it helped make the combat a little easier to grasp for an initial playthrough. Kotaku's getting started guide helped and I used this walkthrough.
The load times did suck, but I'd encourage you to stick with it. Try dropping to easy and keeping your game simple. It makes it feel less burdensome.

Haha I'm on easy already (learned my lesson with Elder Scrolls probably) but I know the completionist in me is going to demand I play it on the hardcore mode for the achievements. Hopefully I'll have figured things out by that point though.

Thanks for the links. I've got a big chunk of free time this weekend, so I might sit down for a long period and try it. Some of my problems getting into it might be that I don't have as much time to sit down for a day and blow through things any more. Adulthood sucks, in that respect.

RowdyReverb

Haha I'm on easy already (learned my lesson with Elder Scrolls probably) but I know the completionist in me is going to demand I play it on the hardcore mode for the achievements. Hopefully I'll have figured things out by that point though.

Thanks for the links. I've got a big chunk of free time this weekend, so I might sit down for a long period and try it. Some of my problems getting into it might be that I don't have as much time to sit down for a day and blow through things any more. Adulthood sucks, in that respect.
Time constraints of adulthood and achievement hunting don't mix. Don't even look at the achievements. Let it go

Just finished ODST solo on legendary and got 0 achievements for it. Stoked about this. Apparently an achievement for one of the levels never unlocked. Replayed that level. Still nothing.

Mix

^^ I had this problem with Halo 2 campaign and it took me looking through the campaign missions for it to pop. I'm sure they know about the bug, it seems a lot have had this issue

^^ I had this problem with Halo 2 campaign and it took me looking through the campaign missions for it to pop. I'm sure they know about the bug, it seems a lot have had this issue

Yeah I had the same issue with Halo 2 and going the mission menu fixed it there but not here.

SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS...
PLAYERS FOUND...
RESTARTING SEARCH...

Every playlist, all morning. I just want to play Halo dammit and it's not letting me. Players aren't even appearing in my lobby.
Fuck
. I really don't want to go back to Thorn fest Destiny right now either...

jem0208

SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS...
PLAYERS FOUND...
RESTARTING SEARCH...

Every playlist, all morning. I just want to play Halo dammit and it's not letting me. Players aren't even appearing in my lobby.
Fuck
. I really don't want to go back to Thorn fest Destiny right now either...

Have you tried quitting the build? (Quitting the app then reopening it)

Akai__

Don't know how and why, but I got the under 3 hour achievement for ODST on my 1st Legendary co-op run. I can't find any stats to check my times, because there is no stat page for ODST on the leaderboards or on the Career Stat page.

Fuchsdh

Don't know how and why, but I got the under 3 hour achievement for ODST on my 1st Legendary co-op run. I can't find any stats to check my times, because there is no stat page for ODST on the leaderboards or on the Career Stat page.

It's the easiest Legendary Speedrun achievement of the campaigns, because it's so much shorter and the times do not include Mombasa Streets.

That makes sense. Where can I check my times, though? I can't find any stats.

Dunno unfortunately. I'm not a big stat guy so I can't even tell where the normal leaderboards are, I usually only pay attention to the ones that come up when selecting missions.

Well a complete hard reset fixed my MCC issue. I thought I was just having population issues these past couple days, but I guess it was a legit issue with either my console or my network. It feels so good to be back.

Akai__

Dunno unfortunately. I'm not a big stat guy so I can't even tell where the normal leaderboards are, I usually only pay attention to the ones that come up when selecting missions.

Me neither, but I'm interested to know what our time was. Can't believe it's under 3 hours, because we really took our time and even reset checkpoints for mission specific achievements quite some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom