• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like handwaving away the fact there is no multiplayer is just a cop out in my opinion. There were fundamental problems with almost every facet of MCC, from UI, party joining, campaigns, playlists, multiplayer, Forge etc.

Sony will have a way more competent Team behind this remaster aka BluePoint. And they probably wont make the mistake to create a Universal UI.

Poor taste

How anyone can favorite the game with the slot machine BR, terrible weapon sandbox, awful aim acceleration, molasses speed, etc etc

Oh well, it definitely seems like it's the most popular in the collection! I'm miserable in btb because of it.

Because lots of people aren't as anal retentive about such details, and enjoy the overall feel.

Sony will have a way more competent Team behind this remaster aka BluePoint. And they probably wont make the mistake to create a Universal UI.

I think it's probably the fact that they have one team on it that will help the most, not several.

Anyway, the inevitable comparisons are only going to feed the yawnsome console warz horseshit. MCC being bad isn't good for anyone, but it will magically become good for the fanboiz if the Uncharted collection turns out in order (and the inverse if it doesn't).

Whoever wins, we lose.

Madness

Said it in another thread, but Halo 3 is naturally going to be well received and more popular. It was the best selling (don't know if it still is after Halo 4 which was fastest selling), it had some of the best marketing and advertisements and the sheer success of CE and Halo 2 meant it would be popular. It ended the original Chief trilogy, finished the fight. It naturally was the first Halo of the new generation of consoles, one where Xbox 360 was far more successful than OG Xbox. Xbox 360 ended up beating the Wii in sales in NA and UK all time if I remember correctly.

Whatever Halo 3 was, it was still good. Just a poorer Halo CE and Halo 2 but it excelled in other areas like Forge, theater, greater connectivity.

I still love playing it, but that's more because I'm a BK now and my competitive urge is gone. I find it fun in MCC especially if it's a good map.

^^

All of this. It's also the Halo game that I played the most with my friends.

I'd prefer it if the BR was not so patchy, but other than that, I still enjoy playing it.

As ever, there's a big difference of opinion on certain matters even within relatively small communities like Halo GAF, let alone the wider market.

Because lots of people aren't as anal retentive about such details, and enjoy the overall feel.
I think it's probably the fact that they have one team on it that will help the most, not several.

Anyway, the inevitable comparisons are only going to feed the yawnsome console warz horseshit. MCC being bad isn't good for anyone, but it will magically become good for the fanboiz if the Uncharted collection turns out in order (and the inverse if it doesn't).

Whoever wins, we lose.
942cY1y.gif

Disagree with them all you want, but lots of people are like that, at least in my experience. I played Halo 3 with a bunch of people every Monday night for a long, long time, and 75% of them don't even know what hitscan is. It's their favourite Halo because of numerous factors. I might disagree, you might disagree, but that is how it is for them, and they are not bogged down or even interested in said details.

IHaveIce

Banned
Disagree with them all you want, but lots of people are like that, at least in my experience. I played Halo 3 with a bunch of people every Monday night for a long, long time, and 75% of them don't even know what hitscan is. It's their favourite Halo because of numerous factors. I might disagree, you might disagree, but that is how it is for them, and they are not bogged down or even interested in said details.
Don't mind them. I mean daeda is a main passanger on the bad opinion train

Moa

To be honest, the campaign part of MCC worked. Yes there were some or still are some bugs here and there. But everything campaign was playable.

The Uncharted Collection will not have any kind of MP besides the U4 Beta access.

I still haven't been able to finish Quarantine Zone in H2A without desyncing on co-op.

Can't forget about how the levels just refused to load and had some tiny red text in the top left corner, too.

Campaign was a lot more playable, but some of the bugs were (and still are) awful.

jem0208

Don't mind them. I mean daeda is a main passanger on the bad opinion train
Yeah, no.

We've got a whole special section on the train for those who think the H3 BR is good. It's at the back, for those with terrible opinions.

Some people prefer balance instead of ping accurate weapons with a hitscan mechanic ;)

But man whatever studio is working on MCC, can they please fix the broken Elite Model Hitbox and maybe the hit detection in general?

You can have skillful and balanced weapons without making them ridiculously unsatisfying though. See CE's pistol and the H5 beta weapons.

Yeah, no.

We've got a whole special section on the train for those who think the H3 BR is good. It's at the back, for those with terrible opinions.

Some people prefer balance instead of ping accurate weapons with a hitscan mechanic ;)

But man whatever studio is working on MCC, can they please fix the broken Elite Model Hitbox and maybe the hit detection in general?

Blueblur1

Fixed for simpler, yet broader accuracy. Halo 3 was the most offensive title in the series, not Reach or Halo 4. At least with those games design decisions can be explained and to an extent understood (Bungie's F U on their way out
<3
, testing systems for Destiny, etc. -- Halo 4 because of 343's new studio situation and "have to fall before learning to walk"), but Halo 3 was the antithesis to what fans wanted after 3 years of CE and 3 years of Halo 2.

I can't say I agree with any of this. Halo 3's MP is Halo 2 with some changes and, in my opinion, a poorer slate of maps. Everyone was incredibly excited for Halo 3 and very much enjoyed it. I remember the negativity started rolling when playlist management started upsetting people and Microsoft pulled crap like only letting a handful of playlists consist of launch only maps.

Random17

I've always found Halo 3 MP so... bland compared to others. I'm not sure whether it was the maps or the gameplay, but every other Halo game (aside from H4 at least) felt fresh in its own way. Even Reach.

Moa

So any word yet on when the worst issue in all of MCC will finally be fixed?

13movies.png

stinkles, srsly, plz

It got fixed in the May update. Go to Extras, choose Halo 2 Anniversary terminals and it should open up the Halo Channel. Go back to MCC and they should be gone.

Gui_PT

Hey

Hey guys

Remember when the Reach Beta came out and I said bloom was stupid cuz someone could just spam the pistol, get a lucky headshot and beating me because I was taking my time pacing my shots?

And you guys said that was stupid? And then the game came out and I was right?
Yeah

Hey

Remember when I said Frankie and David were totally ignoring questions about Halo 4's Theater mode and it was probably because they had probably downgraded it?
And you guys said I was stupid? And then the game came out and didn't even have Theater?

Remember?

I just wanted to say it's ok.
It's ok for saying I was wrong and stupid when I was totally right(but still stupid, I'll admit that)

I forgive you all. You can finally sleep at night with my forgiveness.

It's ok.

Fuchsdh

H1 AR, H2 SMG, H3 AR, Reach AR, H4 AR.

If there was an H2 AR, that'd probably end up being worse than the SMG. H5 is probably the first time the gun has been worth having, let alone picking up.

I think the H4 AR was great. Worth considering having to tear people up at close range with the Firepower, or even running as your main weapon with a pistol depending on the map.

jem0208

Halo 3's already the GOAT FPS, but oh man if the BR was hitscan and AR beatdowns weren't a thing...

dear god

Add to that higher movement speed then you have the GOAT of all GOATs. However without those improvements it's pretty terrible.

Also you'd have to replace all the other weapons as well because they all kinda suck. Except maybe the mauler and the shotgun, they're pretty fun to use.

Damn, it's turned into Snowpiercer

Yup. Any dissent from the H3 lot and we'll freeze their hands off.

That movie was so fucking weird

Haruko

Yeah, no.

Damn, it's turned into Snowpiercer

It got fixed in the May update. Go to Extras, choose Halo 2 Anniversary terminals and it should open up the Halo Channel. Go back to MCC and they should be gone.

Oh thank god. I need to try this tonight

Tawpgun

Hey

Hey guys

Remember when the Reach Beta came out and I said bloom was stupid cuz someone could just spam the pistol, get a lucky headshot and beating me because I was taking my time pacing my shots?

And you guys said that was stupid? And then the game came out and I was right?
Yeah

Hey

Remember when I said Frankie and David were totally ignoring questions about Halo 4's Theater mode and it was probably because they had probably downgraded it?
And you guys said I was stupid? And then the game came out and didn't even have Theater?

Remember?

I just wanted to say it's ok.
It's ok for saying I was wrong and stupid when I was totally right(but still stupid, I'll admit that)

I forgive you all. You can finally sleep at night with my forgiveness.

It's ok.

#TeamDownerWasRight

#cinnabar

IHaveIce

Banned
if one thing the mcc has taught me is that Hitscan + Halo's super easy mode of aim assist doesn't work with Servers and 60 fps.

It feels way too easy. I vastly prefer Halo 3's leading the bullets on servers, even with the horrible spread

Impala26

Best part was the
bug bars!

That's what you're gonna go with?

In a movie where:

Approximately 50 or so people are fighting in a train car in total darkness?
The classroom gunfight?
All the fights involving that head lackey that seemingly could not be killed?
Anytime that representative-woman spoke up?
The entire ending sequence with Ed Harris?

Overdoziz

Banned
Hitscan, zero-bloom DMR in Halo Reach is still the best rifle in Halo. ZBNS MLG all day erryday. No spread bullshit, no leading bullshit, just bliss.

Tawpgun

if one thing the mcc has taught me is that Hitscan + Halo's super easy mode of aim assist doesn't work with Servers and 60 fps.

It feels way too easy. I vastly prefer Halo 3's leading the bullets on servers, even with the horrible spread

This is why I enjoy Halo 3 in the MCC. With Halo 2 and CE coming in second. Halo 2 mainly for the good strafe and button combos giving good players an edge.

It's the only Halo in the collection that feels challenging.

Hitscan, zero-bloom DMR in Halo Reach is still the best rifle in Halo. ZBNS MLG all day erryday. No spread bullshit, no leading bullshit, just bliss.

so gray

That rifle was so good there was almost no point in getting any others weapons. With a little teamshot effort any power weapon user was easily overcome. Which is what everyone seems to want, a starting weapon that can actually keep up. It definitely felt a tad too strong but that's the closest we've gotten to a CE pistol since CE

FyreWulff

That rifle was so good there was almost no point in getting any others weapons. With a little teamshot effort any power weapon user was easily overcome. Which is what everyone seems to want, a starting weapon that can actually keep up. It definitely felt a tad too strong but that's the closest we've gotten to a CE pistol since CE

If they had adjusted the RoF when making it zero bloom it would have worked perfectly.

Add to that higher movement speed then you have the GOAT of all GOATs. However without those improvements it's pretty terrible.
But what about...
Also you'd have to replace all the other weapons as well because they all kinda suck. Except maybe the mauler and the shotgun, they're pretty fun to use.
..nice save

jem on FIRE lately yall, CHOO CHOO

jem0208

But what about...

..nice save

jem on FIRE lately yall, CHOO CHOO

bSXGToi.gif

I actually had to edit that weapon part in afterward, slipped my mind when I first made the post :p

Honestly though, Halo 3 is GOAT because of custom games for me. I've had so many brilliant moments playing Infection on Forge maps.

The time when I figured out how to get infinitely spawning trip mines was especially fun.
Perfect Dark GOAT

Never actually played it... I never had an N64. Only consoles I've ever owned were Xboxes, all for Halo.
There's always the 360 remake

Wasn't even aware that a remake existed. Playing games on the 360 is a chore now though, I just can't go back to that controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom