• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Welcome back Fahz. Try not to die this time ;)

sonic06machdeath.gif

It's no USE !!!

#dad

PDZ was awesome, haters be damned. Slow as molasses sure, but landing shots with those little to no aim assist-having weapons felt pretty good lol. Also, the weapons were slick.

hawk.gif
viblade.gif
shockwave.gif
cmp150.gif
psychosis.gif

• Hawk Boomerang
  • The Viblade that you could create your own personal Bubble Shield (reminds me of that Energy Sword I want that you can hold it in front of you as a shield that rapidly drains its energy)
  • Shockwave Rifle that you could see a player's skeleton through walls
  • CPM-150 that you can display a hologram of yourself
  • Psychosis Gun that switches friend indicators to enemies
  • So many cool weapons, and how about the Mech suit?!
The list goes on.
Bad opinions everywhere. It was a decent launch game with shiny graphics. Coming off the SD era and Halo 2 being arguably the best looking game of that gen, PDZ was cool in my book.
When you go into matchmaking solo

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/henory958/video/3039712

Pretty accurate depiction of my usual rando teammates
PDZ announcer, is that you?

Josh has been nothing but hyping me lately. The confirmed changes to gameplay may make me so happy.

Funny how a magnum buff and base player speed buff can hype me more than any trailer or hunt the truth shenanigans could (although I appreciate it all).

I feel bad, but ODST is boring to me. =(

Madness

Anyone think we could see a Halo: Reach 5th anniversary re-release get announced at E3? I'm hoping for it, but not necessarily expecting it.

It'd be great, but I doubt they would. I'd love to have the Reach campaign be available, 1080p resolution, 60 frames. I don't think they'd give us Firefight and Multiplayer though.

Welfare

Anyone think we could see a Halo: Reach 5th anniversary re-release get announced at E3? I'm hoping for it, but not necessarily expecting it.

Since MCC was only planned with the numbered games in mind, adding another is actually a pain according to Dan, so I doubt it.

I'm seriously hyped for Halo 5 at E3.
Yeah, I am very much looking forward to seeing what they have done & choose to show.

But I will try to internally contextualise my feelings in how I felt about the 2012 E3 showing and the final game.
From what I remember at the time, I didn't like some aesthetic choices (I remember calling the Prometheans Bionicles) but otherwise was super hyped.
The E3 2012 showing was very good & effective, I must say, quite hype inducing.

Lazaro

So I received a survey invitation from BLAM the other day which asked some really odd questions.

Apart from the usual questions like; what platforms you own, how many hours you play etc... They asked:

• What do you think of the state of BLAM?

• What change would you make to BLAM

• Does the BLAM and BLAM aimed at children turn you off from BLAM? Does it harm your BLAM of the BLAM?

Apparently the feedback will be received by the BLAM Team. Found the BLAM bit interesting...

EDIT: Email was probably sent to selected Xbox Live users for Confidential purposes :p

Lazaro

The toy question is the weirdest part to me. Like, that's such a bizarre question to ask.

The questions weren't worded like that like I wrote above but the toy question basically asked if it impacts your view on the series.

I'll see if I can find the actual worded question in relatives survey lol.

jem0208

So I received a survey invitation from Xbox the other day which asked some really odd questions.
Watch out, a lot of these surveys have NDAs.

Are you serious? The email sounded quite tame. I thought every Xbox One user would have got this email?

Cant remember if the email had an NDA...

The Halo survey which people had to sign up to definitely does.

The one you're talking about might not, I just thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Lazaro

Are you serious? The email sounded quite tame. I thought every Xbox One user would have got this email?

EDIT:

The Halo survey which people had to sign up to definitely does.

The one you're talking about might not, I just thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the warning, I appreciate it. Well I'm guessing the responses to this survey is to help Microsoft in preparing Halo for E3 so we'll see in a couple of days. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that strict but it was sent to a general selection of Xbox Live users., I BLAMed some of the bits in my post since I know Microsoft Employees browse this forum, lol.

Akai__

They might port it down the line, but I have a feeling we will see at least one spinoff title prior to Halo 6. I really hope it's Halo Wars (Halo Wars teaser at last years E3 and the teaser in the H2A campaign), but Decisive Games is dead silent on which strategy game they are actually working on. Hopefully we'll hear more at E3, but my guess is that they will talk about other Halo titles, when Halo 5 is released.

If it's a random survey which everyone gets and you didn't sign up for, then there shouldn't be one. NDA reminders are usually at the beginning or end of the survey.

Lazaro

They might port it down the line, but I have a feeling we will see at least one spinoff title prior to Halo 6. I really hope it's Halo Wars (Halo Wars teaser at last years E3 and the teaser in the H2A campaign), but Decisive Games is dead silent on which strategy game they are actually working on. Hopefully we'll hear more at E3, but my guess is that they will talk about other Halo titles, when Halo 5 is released.

If it's a random survey which everyone gets and you didn't sign up for, then there shouldn't be one. NDA reminders are usually at the beginning or end of the survey.

At the end it said "please close this browser window for security reasons" so maybe lol.

Decisive Games could also be working on Age of Empires or Rise of Nations franchises for Xbox.

Akai__

Decisive Games could also be working on Age of Empires or Rise of Nations franchises for Xbox.

Yeah, I know. Like I said, they are dead silent about everything. We don't even know how many people work there and if they have enough teams for 2 games for example. 1 1/2 weeks left and we will find out maybe.

Just finished ODST on legendary. Did anyone else not get the achievement for completing Uplink Reserve? I completed it on my first playthrough and it didn't pop up, and neither did it on my second playthrough. I did however get the partime achievement on the second time, and also got the achievements for finishing the game.

Mix

Just finished ODST on legendary. Did anyone else not get the achievement for completing Uplink Reserve? I completed it on my first playthrough and it didn't pop up, and neither did it on my second playthrough. I did however get the partime achievement on the second time, and also got the achievements for finishing the game.

Same thing happened to me and NMPD HQ. Had to play it again for the level achievement.

Can we have warlord removed from all slayer game types in H2A mp please, it's a shit fest 4 on 4.

Now that I said that it's appeared again back to back... *edit* it's 4 v 3 too

E3 HYPEEEEE

Yeah, I'm excited. If I had to guess, I'd say that Decisive is working on something non-Halo, simply because 343 is supposed to be the source of all things Halo, and also because I really really want a new Rise of Nations.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say, I'd be pretty disappointed if Halo Wars 2 got announced. I just give zero shits about that game and any potential sequel. I'd love to have a new Halo spin off game, but I want it to be one I'm actually interested in.

I'm seriously hyped for Halo 5 at E3.

We've talked about this on Twitter now, but I honestly can't get excited for an E3 showing. I'm interested in the story, but we'll learn very little about that next week. We might get to see some weapons/vehicles, if any. But I'm just not very excited because I can't fathom what kind of surprises or new things they'd add.

I suppose that's a good thing, at best I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I gotta say, I'd be pretty disappointed if Halo Wars 2 got announced. I just give zero shits about that game and any potential sequel. I'd love to have a new Halo spin off game, but I want it to be one I'm actually interested in.

I wouldn't mind a Halo Wars 2, tbh. Just a shame Ensemble isn't around anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom