• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Like I've said a hojillion times. It should be based on W/L, but a good performance(lots of kills, few deaths, moderate-high assists, low allied assists) on a losing team shouldn't penalize you as much as the teammate who had a bad performance(low kills, high deaths, low assists, high allied assists).

jem0208

Like I've said a hojillion times. It should be based on W/L, but a good performance(lots of kills, few deaths, moderate-high assists, low allied assists) on a losing team shouldn't penalize you as much as the teammate who had a bad performance(low kills, high deaths, low assists, high allied assists).
This is what I'm thinking.

Why can't it be based on both?

My ideal system would be one where if you lose, you will lose points and if you win, you gain points. However if you perform well you gain more if you win or lose less if you lose.

That way winning is still heavily incentivised (you have to win to rank up) however personal skill is still taken into account and as such your rank is more accurate.

Cow

I disagree that there should be a buffer if you lose. Your team lost, you may have held power weapons (camped with shotgun) all game and played selfishly and actually received good individual stats at the cost of the rest of your team mates being outnumbered in all other scenarios. Win/Loss is all that should be considered.

Also where are ranks? Latest community update was a joke. Been waiting for ranked Halo 1/2/3 since launch and all they go on about is full on play testing for E3. Disgusting.

I disagree that there should be a buffer if you lose. Your team lost, you may have held power weapons (camped with shotgun) all game and played selfishly and actually received good individual stats at the cost of the rest of your team mates being outnumbered in all other scenarios. Win/Loss is all that should be considered.
I see what you're saying, but it doesn't have to be that way. There are other parameters that could be more of a focus when determining how much you drop when losing, as in shots fired and hit %. If a player has a 98% hit % with a high shots fired count but loses, maybe it's better if they go down slightly less than someone who has a 3% hit % with the same shots fired. Either way, I think wins are most important to make that only W/L, and for losses I'd be open for whichever.

Probably just best to leave it only W/L so there's no confusion anyway.

-Ryn

Banned
I think the two best possible choices would be either having 2 different ranks (tier bases ranks with a primary based on W/L and a secondary based on individual performance) or just do as Jem and Madness suggested where you have a mix between the 2 where personal performance can still affect how much you lose or gain when your whole team wins or loses.

With the first option you could go about it in a variety of ways with the most obvious one being that your team rank affects matchmaking in team playlists and so on so forth.

Still can't believe the state Halo is in man. Dissapointing.
Oh hey you're alive. How's it goin?

Team Slayer BR on Warlord.

IzEDHSw.gif

I have played 8 games of H2A mp today after two months of not playing and I think only two of those matches had equal teams ending the match, every other match had someone quit or not load in at the start.

It's really REALLY upsetting to see, I loved halp mp back in the day.

FyreWulff

We're literally the only 5 people in either Rumble Pit or 7 on the 7th.. don't even have a single random to configure into a game, lol

Yeah I have also noticed this that you have a huge advantage of playing as Elite in SWAT gametype. Too damn hard to aim.

The Elite Hitbox in Halo 3 MCC is even more broken than before. I have clips where i put my entire clip into someone that plays an Elite. In Swat of course.
Then another clip were 3 of us are shooting at an Elite guy and nothing happens. Thats not a connection issue anymore.

Fuchsdh

I had forgotten how much fun it is to screw around with the only random in a match. Too bad Karl had to totally screw up our hiding spot.

FyreWulff

Thanks for the help. Got a lot of the list scratched off.

turns out they never updated (regular) Standoff and Foundry post release

-Ryn

Banned
Haven't had that much fun in Halo for a while. That General was a good sport.

Good games guys.

Forgot to save that those 5 Star films though lol

Thanks for the help. Got a lot of the list scratched off.

turns out they never updated (regular) Standoff and Foundry post release
Anytime dude. Glad you were able to get some Mao's crossed off.

That's probably what happens, if you announce the release date and actually release the game on the same day out of nowhere. Also, it not being on the Xbox One/Xbox 360 is probably a mistake.

Could also be an effect of the MCC.
Or the game is not available on platforms where the most Halo players are: Xbox 360 and Xbox One...

Edit.: Dummy. Those are the steam numbers. I am sorry.

Warlord BR's again, how I love this matchmaking.

Why didn't you just pull left trigger to quick scope throughout the firefight?

joke? it's not halo 5 beta :p

because usually you get tagged and descoped in battles like that and I can normally land the final blow with that many shots, something was off with that match.

Warlord BR's again, how I love this matchmaking.

joke? it's not halo 5 beta :p

because usually you get tagged and descoped in battles like that and I can normally land the final blow with that many shots, something was off with that match.

That's H2A hit detection for you buddy, the reason I avoid H2A and mainly play H2C and H4 now.

That's H2A hit detection for you buddy, the reason I avoid H2A and mainly play H2C and H4 now.

H2C is not better either. Playing SWAT and i noticed a lot of Hitdetection issues. A lot of Blood Shots there too.

Mostly all games in this Collection have Hit Detection issues. And i doubt that this will ever be fixd.

Akai__

Been watching a little since yesterday. Nostalgia overload: http://www.twitch.tv/mlghalotv

They are curently on the 2008 National Championship. Wished it was in better quality. :(

---

Do we actually know, if the spectator mode in Halo 5 will have no delay for offline custom games? Delay doesn't make sense from an offline event casting perspective.

-Ryn

Banned
Been watching a little since yesterday. Nostalgia overload: http://www.twitch.tv/mlghalotv

They are curently on the 2008 National Championship. Wished it was in better quality. :(

---

Do we actually know, if the spectator mode in Halo 5 will have no delay for offline custom games? Delay doesn't make sense from an offline event casting perspective.
The stuff I've actually seen of old school Halo Championships has been really great. Hope that feeling comes back with H5.

As far as I know they haven't specified whether offline play will be affected by it. Would be cool if they did have that as an option though.

I wonder if they will talk about it at E3 at all or if it'll just be set on the Campaign and super BTB
because that's totally a thing that's happening I'm sure

---

The thing with the Xbone is, there no offline :p
And the thing with Halo 5 is, even Custom Games will run on Dedicated Servers. It will be interesting how all this is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom