• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random17

Expecting something hype train worthy like Halo 4 2012. Lots to lose otherwise.

-Campaign footage with possible CGI trailer
-MP footage of the new modes
-Update on TV and the apps

When's E3? I'm totally lost right now.

Halo WiFi: Gardens In-game reveal for Campaign & MP please. Frankie (Hamish) takes up ONI landscaping, confirmed.

What you expecting from e3, versus what you'd actually like to see?

Halo 5 Campaign, and multiplayer gameplay. :D

BTW:

-Doom gameplay (Beta start)
-New Hitman (I have the first infomations from dev, but this is not to much)
-The Division beta start date
-New Quantum Break trailer, gameplay
-Xbox One Windows 10 feature
-Need for Speed gameplay
-CoD: Black Ops 3 gameplay (Beta date)

Thats all. :D

Akai__

Expect: Halo 5 footage and talk about future projects. Future projects as in games, books, TV show and other media.

Hope: Additional Halo 5 announcements like: Classic scopes being toggleable, Custom Game Browser, more Custom Game settings and an overhauled Forge. Oh and Halo Wars 2 or an other spin-off Halo game.

Disclaimer: I'm keeping my expectations low. For the best possible effect.

I expect an equivalent of the 2012 demo. A reasonable length campaign gameplay demo & cutscenes. An update on the showtime show? (Is this still happening?)

What I want? It would be cool to see something that actually makes Locke and that side of the campaign interesting. Maybe see some versus human (Chief included) combat.

I would love to be convinced by the team a.i. combat that the concept art implies. I do not want Noble Team 2.0. If they are dumb, useless & invulnerable Spartans, I.. I will be most disappointed.

I'd like to see some good talk about the MCC.

Let's make that a 2 way question Frankie -
What're you expecting from us when we see the E3 content, versus what you'd actually like to see?

TCKaos

What I'd like to see:
Halo 5 campaign gameplay featuring John, Fred, Kelly and Linda.
Halo 5 BTB centric multiplayer traIler and gameplay.
SPARTAN Ops 2 reveal featuring expanded missions and mission types. I'd rather wait a full week for one good mission than wait a week for five eh missions.
Halo 5 Controllers/XBone
New, more functional and informative Halo Waypoint/Channel that is far more like Bungie's stat tracking website than the current Halo 4/MCC one. It would include online file sharing.

What I'm expecting:
Halo 5 campaign gameplay featuring Locke
Halo 5 multiplayer teaser
Halo 5 Controllers/Xbone
Some feature with Halo Channel or Waypoint that has absolutely no use to me and will provide me with no entertainment.

what I expect: Halo 5 "in-engine" trailer(the video equivalent of the bullshot), GAF threads about how the Xbone can't do this at 60fps, Geoff Keighly tweets "I've seen it behind closed doors, it really looks like this. #BELIEVE", no discussion about new gameplay features, no new multiplayer shown off, Spartan Ops tv show announced, Jem spinning like mad why this is all great, MS doesn't even mention the Master Chief Collection

what I hope for:
Halo 5 campaign gameplay, multiplayer features shown off, 60fps videos of full matches on Gamersyde from good players and not game journos who wonder why Halo didn't have ADS years ago so archaic, Frankie strip tease, positivity/TheOddOne/Plywood returns to HaloGAF, Elzar apologies for all his racial remarks

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm basically on the same page as you. Throw something extra about a Sprint ViDoc dedicated to music coupled with a Halo5Remix event that actually results in a winner being added to the soundtrack, though.

How difficult would it be to include books with the LE?

Blueblur1

I hope we see a redesigned Rocket Launcher.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind more Legendary weapons. Destiny has spoiled me on having multiple weapon designs for the same weapon roles. A little bit of that in Halo would be nice.

As for realistic E3 expectations, I expect a campaign reveal on-stage possibly accompanied by details of other features. Then 343 folks will be on different live streams running through the campaign demo which we will all watch just to see if new tidbits are dropped during different live streams. And maybe MP will be shown off on live streams as well.

Mix

Halo 5 Campaign, and multiplayer gameplay. :D

BTW:

-Doom gameplay (Beta start)
-New Hitman (I have the first infomations from dev, but this is not to much)
-The Division beta start date
-New Quantum Break trailer, gameplay
-Xbox One Windows 10 feature
-Need for Speed gameplay
-CoD: Black Ops 3 gameplay (Beta date)

Thats all. :D

You forgot Fallout 4 :)

jem0208

Sunday's are so good for Halo.

Sunday HCS cup as well as Hunt the Truth. I should be working but instead I'm watching Halo :/

If we're listing stuff from non-Halo games, I'd like to see Fable Legend get a release date and an open beta.

Is Legends actually any good? I've heard mixed to negative impressions so far...

You never seen Halo Legends? Watch it! If you're talking about Fable Legends, we don't really know enough about it.

I'm talking about Fable :p

Also I'm pretty sure Poodle is in the beta, which is why I asked.

Sunday HCS cup as well as Hunt the Truth. I should be working but instead I'm watching Halo :/

Is Legends actually any good? I've heard mixed to negative impressions so far...

You never seen Halo Legends? Watch it! If you're talking about Fable Legends, we don't really know enough about it.

MouldyK

I'd like them to be like "For those at home who can't join us in L.A this week, you can have the Halo 5 BTB Demo RIGHT AT YOUR HOME!".

And then Frankie comes out, Dual-Wielding Plasma Swords and just Pelvic Thrusts every last attendee.

Expect:
-New layer of aiming added to smart scope, so you can ADS even more if you want.
-AR/SMG starts across the board.
-Crouch jumping back, but really annoying since toggle crouch is now the only option.
-Legendary magnum is Keye's Magnum, just as you remember it- with no ammo.
-Forge optimized for Grifball, 99% floor pieces.
-Cortana is resurrected, but mostly just sobs now.
-Halo 5 teaser spoils Legendary ending, Locke and Chief bodies lying in the dust, having killed each other in a final duel... a mysterious figure walks in from the hazy background- could it be? Sarah Palmer! She decides both of them could be taller, and calls in the eggheads as the screen fades to black.

Want:
-Legendary Plasma Pistol is two plasma pistols duct-taped together.
-Grenade launcher.
-Donge-Blayn.
-BR/AR starts.
-Custom controls.
-Custom games browser.
-Backend matchmaking changes no longer relying on editing machine code on ancient scrolls, so playlists can be updated in a reasonable amount of time.
-You get to fly a War Sphinx through a Covenant armada.

Jem is clearly talking about Fable..

I knew that!

MouldyK

-Halo 5 teaser spoils Legendary ending, Locke and Chief bodies lying in the dust, having killed each other in a final duel... a mysterious figure walks in from the hazy background- could it be? Sarah Palmer! She decides both of them could be taller, and calls in the eggheads as the screen fades to black.

Wait...so does this mean Halo 5 we play as her or Halo 6?!

I hope we get some info on the Limited Edition of the game. By that price (90€) there must be some kind of Map Pass/Season Pass. Dont know another explanation for that expensive price.

thenexus6

I have moved my hype train up another gear lately with Halo.

I've been listening to Hunt the Truth, which has been great and i've been listening to all the soundtracks while on my computer browsing. I have to say Halo 4 has an awesome soundtrack. It's very different to Marty and co's work but it has a great distinct sound to it.

I am planning on getting a xbox just for Halo 5 (although there'll be many other games i'll get as an ex-xbox 360 owner coming back after my playstation break)

I'm talking about Fable :p

Also I'm pretty sure Poodle is in the beta, which is why I asked.

Under NDA, so pls nobody report me for saying this: it's pretty good.

shrek

Banned
Expect:
campaign demo
Footage of updated post-beta multiplayer, discussion of changes based on comm feedback
Unveiling of some feature; it'll probably be Spartan ops

Hope:
Unveiling of H5 FF
MCC is fixed and free with ODST FF added
Announcement of custom game browser

Madness

I'm expecting the campaign reveal. Since the game comes out October, I bet we'll get a small glimpse of it in action. Bonnie and Josh will tell us the final details of the game, resolution, dedicated servers guaranteed, updates to HCS for Halo 5, etc.

Though I'd like to see the 'other' multiplayer. I know it's not just equal starts Arena, I want to get details about the final and full multiplayer suite. I'd like to see Reach campaign be offered for MCC the same way ODST has been done. I'd even pay for the Reach one. I'd also like the Halo 5 console bundle revealed in full, what comes with the LE and Collectors editions.

I'm expecting Halo 5 MP in it's entirety to be shown and then people to rage when there are perks and a banshee as a kill streak and then 343 to say "trust us" and everyone to go insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom