• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
The thing with the Xbone is, there no offline :p
And the thing with Halo 5 is, even Custom Games will run on Dedicated Servers. It will be interesting how all this is going to work.
But if you there's only dedicated server hosting for even custom games how are you going to hold larger offline custo-...

Wait a second... WAIT A SECOND... WAT?

Akai__

The thing with the Xbone is, there no offline :p
And the thing with Halo 5 is, even Custom Games will run on Dedicated Servers. It will be interesting how all this is going to work.

You say offline tournament for LAN events (even if there's no real LAN) and Online tournaments for playing from home. That's what I meant.

The delay is obviously there to counter screen-cheating, but it wouldn't make sense in a LAN tournament. It also wouldn't make sense, because game would be over in real time (teams already cheering and spoiling), while they still cast the delayed feed.

You say offline tournament for LAN events (even if there's no real LAN) and Online tournaments for playing from home. That's what I meant.

The delay is obviously there to counter screen-cheating, but it wouldn't make sense in a LAN tournament. It also wouldn't make sense, because game would be over in real time (teams already cheering and spoiling), while they still cast the delayed feed.

Would be funny #Kappa

But i dont see how this is going to work without a full functional Offline System.

-Ryn

Banned
What you expecting from e3, versus what you'd actually like to see?
I'm expecting a major campaign trailer and a multiplayer tease. Maybe a ViDoc.

What I'd like to see is a 10 minute multiplayer ViDoc
preferably regarding Super BTB
or something akin to the Sprint and a campaign teaser. You guys did a great job with that and I loved seeing into your guys dev process.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm expecting a major campaign trailer and some multiplayer teases. Maybe a ViDoc.

What I'd like to see is a 10 minute multiplayer ViDoc
preferably regarding Super BTB
or something akin to the Sprint and a campaign teaser. You guys did a great job with that and I loved seeing into your guys dev process.

You dont have to spoiler things you made up.

Anyway I would like to trademark the expression "Checkspectations."

You pretty much can't play a multiplayer game of H2A without someone lagging, someone quitting or having guns which do no damage even if they show visible contact.

It's so fucking shitty.

what I expect: Halo 5 "in-engine" trailer(the video equivalent of the bullshot), GAF threads about how the Xbone can't do this at 60fps, Geoff Keighly tweets "I've seen it behind closed doors, it really looks like this. #BELIEVE", no discussion about new gameplay features, no new multiplayer shown off, Spartan Ops tv show announced, Jem spinning like mad why this is all great, MS doesn't even mention the Master Chief Collection

what I hope for:
Halo 5 campaign gameplay, multiplayer features shown off, 60fps videos of full matches on Gamersyde from good players and not game journos who wonder why Halo didn't have ADS years ago so archaic, Frankie strip tease, positivity/TheOddOne/Plywood returns to HaloGAF, Elzar apologies for all his racial remarks

FyreWulff

whats this for

Halo 3 360 web file share functionality is gone. We can't assume 360 Live will be up forever. The latest 360 dashboard now lets you use standard formatted drives.

This is a project where all I have to do is upload a zip file to a website, then you extract the zip file to a standard FAT32 thumb drive of which everyone has like seventyleven of, and boom, now you have the latest Bungie-official updated versions of every single Halo 3 map ever, even if 360 Live goes down. It also lets non-connected 360s have the updated variants for LANs (it's really easy to update a 360 to the latest dashboard offline)

Once I get a tutorial written up, this will also let you easily distribute your own Forge map packs for Halo 3 360, Reach, and Halo 4 360, without using Live at all and zero external software.

Halo 3 is being targeted first due to it's age, and the fact all of it's DLC is available on disc. I'll also collect Reach and 4's official map variants and all the official Megalo gametypes soon. Those ones will be easier to deal with since they have near unlimited file limits.

I'll also use the same mechanism to distribute redone spawn layouts for every single Halo 3, Reach, and 4 map, and have 'unofficial' bugfix updates for any existing official variant.

tl;dr legacy sustain

Computer

Expecting to see some campaign and maybe a BTB tease. Id like that.

Btw, can we expect to see you on the big stage or will you be lurking in the shadows?

Why would 343 just tease things in the biggest show of the year? A tease at e3 would just piss people off that have been waiting for e3 to actually see the game. MP and SP. I think they are going to go all out and show a lot of what Halo 5 has to offer.They will leave out a few surprises but a teaser would be a disaster. 343 needs to absolutely bring it to e3. Steal the show. After the MCC they need some good publicity and there is no bigger stage.

Ampoc

Neo Member
Looking forward for a campaign demo + a small little teaser like Halo 4's year of E3 in 2012. That was so hype.

That's pretty much what I expect and want, so is that a win win for me?

Expecting: Non-arena multiplayer footage, campaign trailer that may or may not contain gameplay.

What I want to see: The above, with campaign gameplay, and the announcement of a second beta closer to launch.

-Ryn

Banned
Hey JC. I'm willing to bet you a Snickers that you'll be surprised. You down?

I'm a buttman
I knew you were good peoples

tl;dr legacy sustain
The hero we need. How much we deserve... ehhhhh...

Why would 343 just tease things in the biggest show of the year? A tease at e3 would just piss people off that have been waiting for e3 to actually see the game. MP and SP. I think they are going to go all out and show a lot of what Halo 5 has to offer.They will leave out a few surprises but a teaser would be a disaster. 343 needs to absolutely bring it to e3. Steal the show. After the MCC they need some good publicity and there is no bigger stage.
Grab hammered that nail on the head

Hey JC. I'm willing to bet you a Snickers that you'll be surprised. You down?

frank_exitohoae.gif

Expecting Halo 5 footage(on stage campaign, off-stage BTB) and minor MCC apology
Hoping for MCC Reach, MCC ODST Firefight, discount on Halo 5 for those who bought MCC at launch.

A discount on Halo 5 for MCC people would actually be a pretty damn good gesture.

I would like to believe.

Halo 5 is going to incorporate a lot of online-only elements D:

Sadly, I have gotten used to the always online future... hopefully there will be workable solutions to common issues, such as Lan and the like.

What I want at E3: boss ass campaign footage and BTB reveal.

What I expect: Spartan Ops starring Sarah Palmer.

singhr1

Expect to see live campaign demo as we have seen in prior E3's. Also expecting a tie-in to #HuntTheTruth considering it ends the evening before.

Hope to also see pro players do a live multiplayer demo like we saw with H2A (very cool moment).

Also hope to see Frankie, Josh Holmes, and/or someone else from 343i give more in-depth commentary of some gameplay during the rest of E3. Describe changes from the beta, thoughts moving forward, etc. This can either be live or through a ViDoc.

Get some closure on what happened with the Steven Spielberg project. Is it still a go or...

-Ryn

Banned
I'll raise the stakes and throw in a Twix

Sadly, I have gotten used to the always online future... hopefully there will be workable solutions to common issues, such as Lan and the like.

What I want at E3: boss ass campaign footage and BTB reveal.

What I expect: Spartan Ops starring Sarah Palmer.
I can never accept such a horrible future.
Offline never dies. It's just missing in action.
Online on the other hand...

What I want to see: news and footage of halo 5 mp and how it's been inproved since the beta, the adjustments, fixes and what we can expect, talk about campaign, real-time visual showcase.

What I expect to see: 15 second FMV nugget trailer loosely connected to halo to try and build hype, long talk about halo dedication to the fans.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Expecting

Campaign Trailer/Demo - real time vertical slice of various levels or extended demo of just one
Playable multiplayer demonstrations
Halo 5 themed Hardware

Wanting

A Blur developed Halo film about the Forerunners
Battlefield Halo Announcement
Halo Wars 2
10 New Halo Serial Podcasting Story Releases
Halo Legends 2
Firefight in MCC along with Reach and a complete re-development of MCC

Mix

Be cool to see some of the larger multiplayer suite, I definitely need a campaign level walkthrough, similar to H4 in 2012, and then a teaser for something absolutely amazing. Oh and I want to see the damn CE and LE, it's really hard to sell it at work not knowing what comes in it.

All I'm expecting is a Campaign trailer/demo then a trailer for the campaign, I feel unsure about seeing the actual BTB stuff until later on.

I hope to see some campaign demo that hopefully showcases Halo 5 being more open. Halo 4 had far too many closed corridors. When the E3 demo for Halo 4 was shown it was a bit underwhelming too, but that was indicative of the campaign. I'd love to see big team battle, but that seems like the kind of stuff they show up to the release date to keep interest flowing.

singhr1

So what happened to the Spielberg Halo thing? We havent heard from it since, 2013?

March 2014, when Halo 5 was first announced as Guardians

And 2015 won’t simply be the year of “Halo 5: Guardians,” it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the “Halo” television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business. A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the “Halo” television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

m23

Expecting: Campaign demo at Microsoft presser, maybe some talk on other aspects of mp aside from arena.

Hoping: Campaign demo, announcement of another beta, more details on arena changes for final release. New mp trailer and firefight reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom