• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Proven will complain regardless of what is shown.

If they show me a good Halo game then I will be fine. I was happy as hell last E3 but as we all know that game was ruined.

I'm not expecting much because 343 hasn't earned any percentage of faith from anyone.

The best part about Halo Legends is Spartan 1337.
cD4fYhw.gif

My man Funk dropping' truth bombs while I'm in my recovery chamber.
In a thread full of Halo 3 scrublords, opinions like these do no surprise me.
;b

-Ryn

Banned
Ground Pound had that weird collision (I'm assuming) glitch where when you hit something like a player it would stop you in mid air. I hope they've fixed that. Want to be able to blast through people and Vehicles alike. Though if the vehicle or other object isn't actually destroyed by the attack then being stopped by it would make sense.

Frankie, all I would like to see is the Falcon and the CE pistol return.

If they show me a good Halo game then I will be fine. I was happy as hell last E3 but as we all know that game was ruined.

I'm not expecting much because 343 hasn't earned any percentage of faith from anyone.
Did you think Halo 5 beta was a good Halo game? If not, you're gonna be complaining this weekend.

In a thread full of Halo 3 scrublords, opinions like these do no surprise me.
;b
I'm looking forward to experiencing the glory that us CE multiplayer. Hopefully all those matches with my bros back in the day were enough to give me an edge.

Ground Pound had that weird collision (I'm assuming) glitch where when you hit something like a player it would stop you in mid air. I hope they've fixed that. Want to be able to blast through people and Vehicles alike. Though if the vehicle or other object isn't actually destroyed by the attack then being stopped by it would make sense.

Frankie, all I would like to see is the Falcon and the CE pistol return.

Did you think Halo 5 beta was a good Halo game? If not, you're gonna be complaining this weekend.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the glory that us CE multiplayer. Hopefully all those matches with my bros back in the day were enough to give me an edge.

I thought the portion they showed was pretty good but I could see it getting boring. Not really anything no one else is doing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
what I expect: Halo 5 "in-engine" trailer(the video equivalent of the bullshot), GAF threads about how the Xbone can't do this at 60fps, Geoff Keighly tweets "I've seen it behind closed doors, it really looks like this. #BELIEVE", no discussion about new gameplay features, no new multiplayer shown off, Spartan Ops tv show announced, Jem spinning like mad why this is all great, MS doesn't even mention the Master Chief Collection

what I hope for:
Halo 5 campaign gameplay, multiplayer features shown off, 60fps videos of full matches on Gamersyde from good players and not game journos who wonder why Halo didn't have ADS years ago so archaic, Frankie strip tease, positivity/TheOddOne/Plywood returns to HaloGAF, Elzar apologies for all his racial remarks
Those games we played were the best thing about the Halo 4 launch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
yup...

Someone made that, not just a someone, but a lot of someones. A team of animators got together, went into work for who knows how long and created that, AND THEN it got the approval to air.

The backtracking and removal of the video was so fast.

-Ryn

Banned
Halo Legends had some great episodes like ProtoType, Babysitter (well maybe not great), and especially Odd One Out.

The rest of the episodes could be pretty hit or miss. The Duel was interesting but the art killed it for some with the actual story eating some cheese here and there. The Package had some cool fights and was generally good IMHO. Halsey was trying out a new hair color for some reason... and reverse aging treatment apparently. Then you had the Origin episodes which played with the Forerunners history according to Cortana's own words. It was pretty well animated. And lastly you had Homecoming which was also pretty hit or miss but provided an interesting back story for some of the Spartan-II's (it also ties into the Hunt the Truth series).

Overall a pretty good collection of episodes though.

I'm not sure which would be worse.
A fart can bring friends

I thought the portion they showed was pretty good but I could see it getting boring. Not really anything no one else is doing.
Well then perhaps there's actually a small spark of hope for your ticket on the hype train old friend.

Mix

Fucking A, this episode is intense.

EDIT: 10 minutes or so in, and it's crazy.

EDIT 2: This shit is gonna go crazy next week. so excited for the two part season finale.

jem0208

Fucking A, this episode is intense.

EDIT: 10 minutes or so in, and it's crazy.

EDIT 2: This shit is gonna go crazy next week. so excited for the two part season finale.

2 part finale.

Ugh, I'm not sure I can handle that much tension.

I can't fucking wait.

Can you guys explain what's going for those not listening?

Shit. Is going. Down.

You should listen to it

Can you guys explain what's going for those not listening?

A journalist called Benjamin Giraud, who made propaganda for ONI during the Covenant war, is now tasked with making a origin story for the Master Chief. He gets a few contacts who knew the Chief from ONI to interview, but he also found some of his own. During these interviews, he discovers there are some inconsistencies which eventually leads him to sources that basically tell them the real story behind the Spartan program.

During this time, his ONI contact is still bothering him with the original task, that Benjamin by now is deviating from quite a bit. After Benjamin hears enough about the Spartan program, he decides to ditch ONI and put online his discoveries about the Spartans. After he puts his story online, he is contacted by FERO, who is some kind of rebel leader. She tells Benjamin that she wants to help him expose the truth about ONI's crimes. She wants to do this by first releasing a shocking video about the chief, and then hack Benjamin in a United Earth government meeting with ONI, so that he can tell the leaders what he found out.

So the video that is released shows the Chief supposedly killing unarmed civilians at a outer colony during a peace talk with a Covenant delegation, and abducting the governor of that colony, only to drop him of later, death. This of course causes a huge outcry, and there apparently is a lot of chaos in the outer colonies.

Next Benjamin is hacked in the meeting and he does his say, although he can't see the UEG's reaction because his feed is a one way stream. What is does cause is a freeze of all of Benjamin's assets. This causes him to flee to a safe house, but not without a promise of protection by FERO. During his hiding, one of his sources give him another angle of the video, which shows that the people that the Chief killed in the earlier video were actually armed terrorists (some kind of anti covenant organisation) that were out to assassinate the governor.

So with out of the bag, another source tells him there valuable information for Benjamin on some kind of outer colony, but only for the coming 72 hours. For some reason that I can't remember, Benjamin returns to his old apartment that he fled a few days ago, only to see it completely evacuated. All doors, except the one to his rooms are all taped/plasticed(?) up. Of course, a after while, ONI agents show op, and almost capture Benjamin. However, FERO shows up and kills the 2 agents.She tells Benjamin that their original plan didn't work out. So FERO now has to try something that she says will probably have her killed in order to expose ONI. Benjamin convinces her to wait until he has visited the outer colony with the mysterious data. So he sets of to the planet, where he finds an old ONI builing with a working terminal. On the terminal, he downloads information about the Spartan program etc.

So that's where we are now. I may have gotten the order of some events wrong, but I think this largely is it. I would still recommend listening to it. It really is pretty good. Better than Sadie's story IMO.

jem0208

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Hunt_the_Truth

I'd never go on tumblr and I didn't want to waste time listening to the podcasts either. This does a pretty good summary. Not sure I'm entirely a fan, but adds another layer to the story. Halo 5 will bring a lot of things to a 'head' for sure.

Hunt the Truth is most certainly not a waste of time.

Easily the most entertaining piece of Halo media. I'm honestly enjoying this more than Game of Thrones.

Madness

Hunt the Truth is most certainly not a waste of time.

Easily the most entertaining piece of Halo media. I'm honestly enjoying this more than Game of Thrones.

Meant more that don't like listening to podcasts only. Need a visual component these days. If I can get full recap eventually, why listen etc.

jem0208

Meant more that don't like listening to podcasts only. Need a visual component these days. If I can get full recap eventually, why listen etc.

Can I ask why? Do you dislike books and written media as well?

I'm not trying to be confrontational by the way, I'm just genuinely curious.

Madness

Can I ask why? Do you dislike books and written media as well?

I'm not trying to be confrontational by the way, I'm just genuinely curious.

I don't know. Never liked podcasts. I read books all the time, hell I've read maybe 4 fiction novels, and 3 non-fiction in the past month alone. I mean I even said I'd read the recap of Hunt the Truth, I don't know. Maybe I'm more visual than auditory alone? I even like READING interviews more than watching video interviews if that makes sense. I'm weird like that.

I don't know. Never liked podcasts. I read books all the time, hell I've read maybe 4 fiction novels, and 3 non-fiction in the past month alone. I mean I even said I'd read the recap of Hunt the Truth, I don't know. Maybe I'm more visual than auditory alone? I even like READING interviews more than watching video interviews if that makes sense. I'm weird like that.

I actually agree with you, on average. Regular books > audio books.

But HtT is a whole 'nother thing. Super well done.

Well at least he understands Rock Paper Scissors

I think...

lol #TeamChief

Also I never noticed before now that the statue kinda looks like Chiefs original Mark VI armor. Anyone else seeing that?

We don't talk about rock paper scissors.

I think...

lol #TeamChief

Also I never noticed before now that the statue kinda looks like Chiefs original Mark VI armor. Anyone else seeing that?

I'm pretty sure it's based on that render of Chief from the original Halo 3 trailer.

Madness

I actually agree with you, on average. Regular books > audio books.

But HtT is a whole 'nother thing. Super well done.

Haha, on average. Yeah I don't know, maybe apathy because of MCC where I just don't care much about Halo like I should is probably another factor. In the launch upto MCC, I was reading and watching every little thing. Maybe E3 will generate hype again, and I'll be more into it. Nightfall was coming on our movie channels up here, works so much better when it's just one cohesive movie as opposed to stopping every 15 minutes with tons of recap every episode.

So I've been playing through CE on Legendary and I must say, The Flood are a joke. Compared to fighting the Covenant, it's like a walk in the park. The Flood in H2 were somewhat challenging, I haven't got around to H3 Legendary yet so I can't comment on that.

singhr1

So I've been playing through CE on Legendary and I must say, The Flood are a joke. Compared to fighting the Covenant, it's like a walk in the park. The Flood in H2 were somewhat challenging, I haven't got around to H3 Legendary yet so I can't comment on that.

But CE Rocket Flood... *shivers*

"Tank beats EVERYTHING!"

Odd. I find CE flood to be the hardest--mainly because there is SO much of them. They aren't supposed to be hyper intelligent, at least that's the way I see it. CE had those nasty Rocket flood, sometimes in waves. DATS SCARY. CE flood encounters are my favorite and I hope they return.

The only reason I found Halo 2 flood difficult in some places is because of the terrible shotgun, not finding a sword, or them having shields.

Halo 3 flood is a joke IMO.

I last beat CE Legendary with the skull that doubles their health. I still have nightmares.

What you talking about? Halo 3 is easy peasy lemon squeasy on Legendary.

This is most definitely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom