• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
E3 Top 3:

Battlefront (Can't wait to see some actual gameplay, I'm sure DICE will deliver.)
Halo 5 (Not much to say!)
Mirror's Edge (Cause Faith is boss.)

I saw Battlefront gameplay at SW Celebration and I'm still just as eager. My brief glimpse was really good and I'm hungry for more.

Sure I want to see some new H5 features like BTB maps.

Are they showing Metal Gear stuff? That's what I want to see.

Haruko

I never thought I'd be so excited to see how Chief deals his mammaries
FHbrDrV.png

sorry Frankie <3, but I can't be the only one who heard that at 0:44

If there's one community you don't trust with your life, it's this one.

Lol

Lol indeed. If all it takes to flip the people who implore others to vote with their wallets is a paragraph then... don't expect MS to alter the way they treat their consumer base. Money talks and all that.

(Don't mean to single you out with this Monkey, most of us are guilty of it at one time or other).

Halo 5 beta was fantastic overall, annoyingly so. Could comfortably be the best Halo game in 8 years. Hopefully they take risks with the campaign and shake it up. What happened with the MCC just makes giving more money over to 343/MS feel wrong.

Overdoziz

Banned
Still can't get behind 343 (and partly Bungie's) decision to make every set of Spartan armor look completely different and painting them in all the colors of the rainbow. They ran out of nice looking armor sets about 500 tumor shoulder pieces ago.

Well, Fred is the CQC guy, I think it'd make sense for him to not have a scope on his weapon.

Of course, that then begs the question: why does he have a DMR then and not something like an SMG?

Fuchsdh

Well, Fred is the CQC guy, I think it'd make sense for him to not have a scope on his weapon.

Of course, that then begs the question: why does he have a DMR then and not something like an SMG?

Unless you've got a Halo 1 shotgun I imagine you want a weapon to be effective at range, as well.

IHaveIce

Banned
When details come out a little later, it'll be time to start bookmarking these pages.

Prediction time:
  • Perks in campaign, every member of the team will have different abilities (special abilities)
  • The new gamemode is a huge btb like mode but will also feature the special classes like in campaign
  • New map will have a zone like a low gfravity area, but under water.
  • Maybe some news what they did change since the beta

TheXbox

Spartan II's with classic zoom while Spartan IV's have smart scope?
nah, think holmes said in the first bts video that every weapon has smart scope. Will probably function like the magnum or the AR where you zoom and some fucky hologram shit clogs up your screen.

Why are we actually only talking about these 2 possibilities. We will surely get other and non-Arena modes like Social Slayer, no?
I'm not sure that's a given. If they're going all-out with BTB, then that's where they'll want the spotlight. People looking for a social/casual experience will gravitate towards BTB regardless. (which seemed to be the case in Halo 4) Plus this is 343 so the game will only have, like, eight playlists at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom