• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this place in the palm of my hand
MasterHand.gif

Took over 10 years, but we're finally here. Halo 2-3 babbies are running away from this franchise.

The endless complaints will not be missed for sure.

I am greatly enjoying where Halo has gone and is continuing to be taken. From what we've seen of Halo 5 so far... It looks like it's got the potential to be the best game in the franchise.

MouldyK

Lol, Gaming Side:

I played CE on PC back in the day, but I am looking into getting into Halo now - perhaps erring towards the more competetive elements of the game, so is Halo 5 a good point to dive in (as in, is it looking like its popular with the scene) - if not, what is a good jumping in point?

Halo hasn't been good since Halo 3, sadly. Reach and 4 were progressively worse installments.

shadow rckts

Neo Member
Halo 5 is going to be fun to run around in, let's stick with that. In the meantime..smite beta codes:
Your Code: 2TK6D-KT249-RH4JM-2YWW2-FVWHZ
Code for a friend: CDFKF-76QXQ-6MGCK-TKMKX-K6TRZ

shadow rckts

MouldyK

Whats "lol" worthy?

The fact that the first reply was negativity towards anything after Halo 3, which seems to be the usual response.

Was very predictable, which i found amusing.

where's the lies in this post

or are you just "lol" at the regressive slide this franchise has been in

A bit of both. Sometimes I wonder if the decline in Halo's popularity is it's fans telling everyone it's terrible.

Nowise10

Couldn't 343 just like look at game history for their tests, and find the game where the Red team won with 50 -13, and then pinpoint the guy who took the screenshots of all those weapons and crap.

MouldyK

Couldn't 343 just like look at game history for their tests, and find the game where the Red team won with 50 -13, and then pinpoint the guy who took the screenshots of all those weapons and crap.

Don't worry. Frankie has been fired for leaking this info.

Honestly, I had really liked the Beta's kill feed setup where just about every single weapon either had a unique killfeed message or a unique string for a perfect kill: X 4-shotted Y, X eviscerated Y, etc. Seemed like a fun spin on the usual TF2-esque "BLUE WEAPONED RED" setup.

I hope you can buy that magnum later separately. Some silver spray paint and a little weathering, and I'll be as cosplayed as I ever want to be.

This thing HAS to be a harness for the grunt over there to piggy back ride.

...or for ziplining into battle.

I hope we get something that goofy in H5G as an enemy type. Even it its darkest / most serious, Bungie still took some time to throw in some hilarious quirks for the enemies, like Grunts flying around after being shot in the methane tank in Reach.

Same, one of my friends used to be big on the whole modded nerf scene and really wants to check these out and make them crazy lol

(he isnt touching mine if I get them though)

BoomCo guns are pretty well made, and the darts are far better than nerf for the sole reason that they have that special ahesive that only works on their targets

Madness

Are we allowed to post leaked screens and discuss them here

Of course. We're not under NDA, it's not GAF's responsibility to manage MS/343 leaks. I mean I feel for Josh, Frankie, D'Ellis and the rest of the team who then have to put out fires or explain things leaked without context, but as a fan, bring on the leaks. Anything we can get please. Do you have something newer than the 4chan/Beyond leaks?

I hope you can buy that magnum later separately. Some silver spray paint and a little weathering, and I'll be as cosplayed as I ever want to be.

Oh yeah, all the BoomCo guns will have a retail release. This bundle is just special cause it's both pistols and a collectors case.

So far, it's confirmed there will be a needler, smg, magnum, TWO types of plasma pistol (regular, which is in the two pack, and overcharge), and carbine.

That magnum is literally an Opus. Next thing you know we'll get a stripped-out AR with a mounted rail for a sling and silver / candy red trimmings.

And Greenskull says he has impressions (and maybe video) from campaign that he's posting on the 12th, which is when I assume the NDA for the event the leaks came from expires.

Nope. This was an individual breaking an NDA not a media member. They saw campaign and would never do that. Everyone saw multiplayer 6 months ago. I can't believe people think these screens are the latest. Gears all over again. Someone is getting sued

And Greenskull says he has impressions (and maybe video) from campaign that he's posting on the 12th, which is when I assume the NDA for the event the leaks came from expires.

"whats up Ready Up Live with a crazy brand new video from 343, and let me tell you, if you thought I slrped hard before...just watch this. *12 minutes of slrping sounds*"

Madness

he's not as bad as most. his voice can get to me at times though.

He's a good guy, but he's basically a PR mouthpiece at this point. Every single thing about Halo 4 he said was solid, 343 ended up removing. He said we were all crazy then etc. Same thing for Halo 5. He knows who butters the bread. I like the person, but I don't pay any mind to these impressions by what end up being shills. Would like to see the footage though.

What kind of event was this? Did the same people who got H5 early beta access, get to do this new updated multi-player and campaign too?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nope. This was an individual breaking an NDA not a media member. They saw campaign and would never do that. Everyone saw multiplayer 6 months ago. I can't believe people think these screens are the latest. Gears all over again. Someone is getting sued

Leaks rarely come from press. It's usually friends or family of employees of the publisher. Only idiots break NDA's.

Leaks rarely come from press. It's usually friends or family of employees of the publisher. Only idiots break NDA's.

This is a leak from a recent external test of the old beta code. Based on the info posted and Frankie's comment, they made some gameplay tweaks and didn't touch anything else in the code.

This is an NDA breach. Sad part is they will easily find this person. They monitor everything in these environments to see if stuff isn't working.

Halo 2 on the MCC is still a hit reg HELL.

I just realized that through playing these old Halo MP's that the main issue I have with them was virtually gone in the Halo 5 beta: spawn kills.

I mean I can't think of a time where it was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom