• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
talkin about failout wtf I wanna play that damn Elder Scrolls: Legends Trading Card Game

Also, how late does MS usually start their conference? My calc class ends ten minutes before it starts and I have a 15-20 minute commute back home. I'm afeared I'll miss Halo cause that's probably their opener. (right?)

They usually start with Call of Duty, though if they really lost that deal it could be something like Tomb Raider, I'm guessing they end on Halo.

RoKKeR

They usually start with Call of Duty, though if they really lost that deal it could be something like Tomb Raider, I'm guessing they end on Halo.

I'll place my bets on them starting with Halo, ending with a GoW teaser or a new IP announcement.

A big awesome Halo campaign demo is a great way to start the conference, especially if CoD (hopefully) will be MIA.

TheXbox

They started with Halo 4 in 2012 so that's my only real concern. Hopefully Phil will jabber for a bit before they get into it.

talkin about failout wtf I wanna play that damn Elder Scrolls: Legends Trading Card Game

Also, how late does MS usually start their conference? My calc class ends ten minutes before it starts and I have a 15-20 minute commute back home. I'm afeared I'll miss Halo cause that's probably their opener. (right?)

I'd imagine Halo would be the opener, however it could be the closer. If it's anything like the Bethesda, they started within five minutes after the hour.

I never used to have any; I have New Vegas sitting on my hard drive with hardly an hour played. It combines the paradoxically suffocating freedom of the Elder Scrolls games with a post-apocalyptic setting, never a favorite of mine. But that crafting system... its siren song beckons. I am helpless.

New Vegas was mostly trash anyway. Fallout 3 was so great though.. This looks very akin to what made 3 excellent.

RowdyReverb

New Vegas was mostly trash anyway. Fallout 3 was so great though.. This looks very akin to what made 3 excellent.
I liked the quirkiness of New Vegas. FO3 had great atmosphere, but NV was just so weird at times that it made it memorable.
Also, look at Doom doubling down on arena MP. Mobility in competitive FPS is so hot right now.

Snap map did look pretty awesome.
I wonder how H5's forge will compare

singhr1

MS Conference is basically 100% right on time. They are live on TV and must fit their content in that 90 minute window they have on Spike TV. Can't afford to go late like these other online-only pressers. Drive fast (or leave early)

I hope H5 forge is good. H2A forge finally brought some simple logic but having forge for cooperative content is really cool. We probably aren't going to see it until late summer at the earliest though.

belushy

Banned
I don't think forge will have much changes this time around. The forge maps during the beta looked very Reach-like to me in terms of color. And it still looked like Legos to me.

Cow

I don't think forge will have much changes this time around. The forge maps during the beta looked very Reach-like to me in terms of color. And it still looked like Legos to me.

Yeah, was honestly one of the most disappointing parts of the beta. You don't want forge maps to look forged.

I still hope for a superior full Forge editor to be on Windows 10 with publishing to your Xbox One or Waypoint account. Yep something like that please and it doesn't have to force H5 to be a PC game either.

Kibbles

Yup. People need to keep expectations in check. After the beta, it just seems like the typical forge with the basic incremental updates I'm sure.

Yeah, that Doom forge is godly. Really hope 343 step it up, and not just drop it cause why bother.

So...Halo's Dad Again for the next 12 hours, right?

Correct. But get your #weback ready to post. Just in case.

0VShHsZ.png

RdN

I just finished a Big Team match where we had NO ONE QUITTING.

Almost unbelievable. Never had seen this before in this game.

I think the hype is real for Halo 5.

Beta looked real good, HtT (Hunt the Truth) is impressive story telling, and GI & RUL screens looked amazing + details.

We're in for a treat.

Please don't cut back and back pedal on features. For ex. Spartan Ops. I bought the game assuming I knew what the product had available on disc and that SP was a playable mode offline. Me and my brother booted up the game and realized you needed XBLG and Online only. It being free is understandable. But that took the coop play away for good. We never touched that SP mode since then. Which is a shame.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Between Halo 5 and Fallout 4, I'm good. No more games need to come out till Zelda.

Damn hope you don't go to sleep disappointed

Not likely as I'm pretty accepting of Halo change and enjoy playing almost any Halo game mechanics. Given what has been shown, 343's story handling (the wider universe) and the beta I'm fan girlin' about H5 campaign bad here TBH.

I'll be joining you mate.

Stayed up last year to see once and for all if the MCC leaks were true. Went to bed extremely happy.

You're from Tassie yeah? Same shit time though mate.

jem0208

So that Fallout 4 eh?

Looked just like Fallout 3. Terrible graphics.

Holy fuck it looks amazing. I need it in my veins.

Slightly underwhelmed by Doom though...

• Smash DLC: Ryu w/ SF2 stage and Ken's theme, Roy, Lucas, Dreamland 64 w/ confirmation of more 64 stages
  • Jurassic World
  • DOOM
  • Game of Thrones
  • Hunt the Truth
Quite a day.

And Halo, Rare, Star Fox, Nintendo shit, The Last Guardian
lol
, etc. tomorrow. Le HYPE

jem0208

Oh that looks fairly cool.

Looks just like Time Splitters 2's map editor, although I imagine it's much more in depth. Not so keen on the snapping together of premade hallways and rooms (which is what reminded me of TS actually). It looks like it would be very easy to build something but it doesn't look particularly versatile.

The logic stuff on the other hand is something Halo's forge needs. I don't know how many of you have played the Trials series but Fusion (and possibly the others) has what looks like a very similar logic system and it is ridiculously powerful. I've played a Titanfall clone which was created using the map editor of 2D motorcross game, seriously, it was actually pretty good as well. The stuff you could do with these systems is insane.

rrc1594

Listen I'm very optimistic when it comes to Halo, but if it doesn't have Custom Game Search it is a failure. All maps will be free, that;s the first step now give us Custom Game Search.

Akai__

Listen I'm very optimistic when it comes to Halo, but if it doesn't have Custom Game Search it is a failure. All maps will be free, that;s the first step now give us Custom Game Search.

It won't be in for launch, that has already been confirmed, afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom