• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

What are the odds they show the option to not use ADS and revert the game back to Halo style scope visualization?

I think its pretty good. The fact that we are seeing images of guns with no scopes tells me that there is a toggle between whether you want to use a "scope" or traditional classic zoom for at least some of the weapons (DMR, BR).

Madness

Yeah I think anyone making a fuss about ads is making it a bigger deal than it is

Eh it was worse than what we had before in my opinion. In beta, those who used LT to bring up the sights also got to rescope almost instantly if they held it down if they got descoped. Change was unnecessary and I'll always be against ADS. I kind of want to see more about Doom. Didn't see any ADS in their game play.

Blueblur1

Eh it was worse than what we had before in my opinion. In beta, those who used LT to bring up the sights also got to rescope almost instantly if they held it down if they got descoped. Change was unnecessary and I'll always be against ADS. I kind of want to see more about Doom. Didn't see any ADS in their game play.

That auto rescope concerns me from a competitive standpoint. It seems like an unfair advantage.

Akai__

Ranked matchmaking
Social custom game browser. Fkn easy where is my paycheck frank

Alternatively, let people rent dedicated server space. Ill just take the revenue from that

No. Please make them seperate, so people don't kick others out of official matchmaking.

That's what's so great... It's optional. Don't like it? Don't use it!

Eh, it's not? You can't kill somebody from a distance, without zooming in.

Traditional scope is objectively better and if you were an alien viewing the two with no prior knowledge of video games then you'd think the traditional Halo scope was contemporary and ADS was old fashioned but if it pleases focus groups then whatever. Thankfully the impact on gameplay was minute for most of the weapons.

Never played through a Fallout game. Played Fallout 3 for a few hours and thought the combat was horrendous. Fallout 4 seems to remedy that.

So hyped for Doom. The last campaign gameplay was incredibly good. They even have the same-ish Doom door sound lol.

Dishonored is a special game to me. Played through it 3 times with my wife with a different play style and had totally different outcomes and experiences. She was sitting next to me before they showed the trailer and said, "I want to play as Emily." She was giddy when they revealed you can =)

-Ryn

Banned
I'm thinking I'll play a game of rum time fun time for Halo's E3 today.

I've got the next 3 days off so it shouldn't be a problem if this ruins me. For every salty reaction I'll grab a girly ass Smirnoff or something. For every "Oh my gawd! This shit! My veins! Now!" type comment I guess I'll take 2 or 3 shots of rum? Frankie said we should have lower expectations so I shouldn't be worried.
If an argument about Rock Paper Scissors vs Halo ensues I'll drink the damn bottle.

Feels like it needs work though. You lovelies should join me.

We ADS again?

Aight.

Anyway, I just have to go to one class today, then if I rush back I should make it in time for MS' conference. Exciiiiiiiiite.

Akai__

Just like every Halo game before it haha.

Classic Scope's weren't optional either. You couldn't win a battle from a distance, if you didn't zoom. Saying "Don't like it? Don't use it." doesn't fit in this case. You can't use something else in that situation. You could apply that to any of the SA, but not for an important gameplay mechanic like scopes.

Bit random but I have been pretty disappointed by halo for a while

After having caught up with escalation and hunt the truth and reading up on the halo 5 details I really am turning around and am becoming more and more impressed by 343

Don't want to blow my load prematurely but am very intrigued to see what comes out of E3

I didn't sleep well at all last night, too much hype. I did get through a lot of Cryptum though, it gets good towards the end. Can't wait to start Primordium next.

We ADS again?

Aight.

Anyway, I just have to go to one class today, then if I rush back I should make it in time for MS' conference. Exciiiiiiiiite.

I wasn't a fan of ads until Destiny. After 1500hrs I've been converted haha. Anytime I switch back to MCC it feels so slow and not being able to scope any weapon feels weird. I'm looking forward to this coming in h5. It's a welcomed modernization.

Fuchsdh

I liked the quirkiness of New Vegas. FO3 had great atmosphere, but NV was just so weird at times that it made it memorable.
Also, look at Doom doubling down on arena MP. Mobility in competitive FPS is so hot right now.

I wonder how H5's forge will compare

Realistically I highly doubt we're getting much more than a bump up from H2A.

That said, if we see more console titles with both advanced mapmaking abilities *and* a solid multiplayer that thrives on said map editors, I think it becomes a much easier metric for Microsoft to crunch numbers and decide its worth trying to create such an editor for their game.

Bit random but I have been pretty disappointed by halo for a while

After having caught up with escalation and hunt the truth and reading up on the halo 5 details I really am turning around and am becoming more and more impressed by 343

Don't want to blow my load prematurely but am very intrigued to see what comes out of E3
HaloGAF cycle

rrc1594

Today is the day for Halo Wars 2 folks. MS has to keep the Halo name rolling in 2016

Out of curiosity... why?

E3 now is like Christmas was to me when I was 10.

This month have night classes, so I'm usually a sleep right now. I want to watch E3 live, so I'm staying up

Today is the day for Halo Wars 2 folks. MS has to keep the Halo name rolling in 2016

I kind of hope not. I liked Halo Wars as much as the next guy, but if they're resurrecting a strategy franchise I'd prefer Age of Mythology or Rise of Nations/Legends.

Unless we can get both, in which case, fuck yeah.

MouldyK

Blastball will be my New Grifball if Halo 5 don't have it.

- An FPS mutiplayer Arena team shooter
- Objective: Try and shoot the goal repeatedly to get it in the opposite's team goalposts i.e. like football.
- When you score a goal, the goal gets smaller
- 3vs 3 played on NWC
- First team to 3 goals
- Use your laser to hit the ball back
- Cannot shoot laser constantly, have to manage your laser energy (power management)
- There are physics on the ball
- Arena also have verticality
- Your mech can be disabled and you are removed from the map
- Multiple mechs can be down at a time
- Blasting a ball at another player means you take damage
- Powerups can be collected on the map
- There is a jet power-up which forces jets to eject players and stuns them for a while
- Hold A button to do a stronger blast
- Balls drop from top of the arena at start of game
- You can score own goals accidentally
- Use R to strafe
- Use L to lockon

ThunderousFinishedIguana.gif

rrc1594

I'm tried of waiting where is my Halo movie, fucking Warcaft is getting a movie. Com'on MS. I demand The Rock plays Master Chief

Akai__

What's the custom Twitch channel you guys are using today? I'm in a few and want to make sure I have the right one.

I really don't know anything anymore. I have invited 100+ people for last years E3 and now other groups show up randomly. If you have more than 1 chat added, you can just look at the most active or the one you like the best and stay in there.

jem0208

Because I love the game lol. I seriously can't put it down. It's all that my friends play as well.
You must have done absolutely every 10+ times...

I don't think I have ever played a game that much.

Throughout the entire Halo series I have probably got a similar number of hours. I have a ridiculous number of hours in Minecraft as well, but that's because I was a server admin doing server admin things, not really playing the game.

Fuchsdh

Minecraft, Halo, and Dota 2 are probably 75% of my total lifetime gameplay. Another 10% of just RollerCoaster Tycoon, and then everything else is StarCraft and WarCraft, haha.

And thanks for reminding me we have the HaloGAF Twitch room, was going to try and watch it on Youtube at first.

I forget if I've mentioned this before: I wonder if all of the Legendary Weapons being analogs to the old sandbox means that, by using only the Legendary elements of the sandbox, you'd have a weapon set more in-line with the classics: Rocket Launcher, Keyes Magnum, etc. After all, they did call the "classic" hardcore multiplayer mode in Halo 4 Legendary Slayer.

Omni

Think I'll probably just watch the conference on my Xbox again. Leaves my laptop open to browse these threads and stuff I guess

You must have done absolutely every 10+ times...

I don't think I have ever played a game that much.

Throughout the entire Halo series I have probably got a similar number of hours. I have a ridiculous number of hours in Minecraft as well, but that's because I was a server admin doing server admin things, not really playing the game.

Well given that everything resets every week, we have tons of stuff to do. It's just endlessly fun for us. We ban together and shoot the shit while shooting shit. It's something I look forward to every day haha. Hasn't felt repetitive to me at all so far...and House of Wolves only made the game even better. I can see why people don't like the game, but me... It's one of my favorite video games.

jem0208

3 hours people.

3 hours.

Well given that everything resets every week, we have tons of stuff to do. It's just endlessly fun for us. We ban together and shoot the shit while shooting shit. It's something I look forward to every day haha. Hasn't felt repetitive to me at all so far...and House of Wolves only made the game even better. I can see why people don't like the game, but me... It's one of my favorite video games.

Oh I quite enjoyed it. But after 30 hours it really started to drag, I realised I was grinding for weapons who's only purpose was to help me grind for more weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom