• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
So dd they ever release any pictures of the readjusted DMR smart scope in Halo 5?
Nope

Is it just me or does anyone else always get paired with the worst teammates possible like 80% of the time?
my-team.jpg

It's especially fun in games with low populations where a lot of teams will likely be in a party. And you're just sitting there. Observing your teammates try and fail to understand the deep complexities of grabbing the flag.

Would love a beta for last minute weapon tweaking. AR/Magnum starts could use another shot with the community before launch.

Would love a beta for last minute weapon tweaking. AR/Magnum starts could use another shot with the community before launch.

ı didn't like the BR in the beta too.It wasn't OP which is good but it felt like DMR..BR's 3 shot burst should be more viable imo..Also , ı wouldn't mind if AR and SMG get nerfs..They were a little OP in the beta..

jem0208

Also, I too am totally down for some CF support. If anyone can pimp my avatar (and preserve my Kojima love) that would be fantastic.

Annoyingly you're avatar is already the max size so I couldn't just put the ribbon on top like with Gnome's, so I made a few so you can decide which you prefer:

OcPSdTA.png

HGuAmJr.png

Edit: Better version of the second one:

UkraBNZ.png

Edit: Ryn, if you want a version which isn't over the eyes you'll have to send me the original avatar :p

RowdyReverb

ı didn't like the BR in the beta too.It wasn't OP which is good but it felt like DMR..BR's 3 shot burst should be more viable imo..Also , ı wouldn't mind if AR and SMG get nerfs..They were a little OP in the beta..
I'm afraid I disagree on all points.
I felt like the BR was a bit more forgiving at close to mid range than the DMR, making it my weapon of choice throughout the beta.

I love the role of the SMG as a close-range powerhouse. It's much better than its previous role of "that gun that stays on the ground for the entire match", and it's utility is so limited to close range encounters that it doesn't feel OP.

And the AR should be a solid contender at close and close-mid range to avoid another wimpy H3 AR scenario where it was useless unless paired with a melee.

My opinion of the weapons in the beta was that if you imagine a continuum of ranges at which you might attack another player, each weapon had its own segment that overlapped somewhat with the neighboring weapon's segment. This gave each weapon its own role in the game and picking up certain weapon actually encouraged players to adapt their strategy to best utilize it. It's a smart way to build a weapon sandbox IMO, and it makes it fun to strategically pick up and use various weapons throughout the match rather than always using the pistol or BR in every scenario.

jem0208

I'm afraid I disagree on all points.
I felt like the BR was a bit more forgiving at close to mid range than the DMR, making it my weapon of choice throughout the beta.

I love the role of the SMG as a close-range powerhouse. It's much better than its previous role of "that gun that stays on the ground for the entire match", and it's utility is so limited to close range encounters that it doesn't feel OP.

And the AR should be a solid contender at close and close-mid range to avoid another wimpy H3 AR scenario where it was useless unless paired with a melee.

My opinion of the weapons in the beta was that if you imagine a continuum of ranges at which you might attack another player, each weapon had its own segment that overlapped somewhat with the neighboring weapon's segment. This gave each weapon its own role in the game and picking up certain weapon actually encouraged players to adapt their strategy to best utilize it. It's a smart way to build a weapon sandbox IMO, and it makes it fun to strategically pick up and use various weapons throughout the match rather than always using the pistol or BR in every scenario.

Yup, the beta was a really nice change from the typical "BR is best at every range" gameplay which Halo had kinda fallen into.

That tends to be my experience too. That's why I typically don't play without a party. I think most of the hardcore/dedicated players have moved on sadly...

I'd love to play in parties too, but since I started Halo around late H3/Reach I'm scared I such just as much. Although I'm really enjoying Halo 2 online, especially when I'm lucky enough to find a game where my teammates don't actually suck.

Btw could someone explain to me all this "Cystic Fibrosis" avatar tag thing going around (referring to the actual disorder or?).

jem0208

I'd love to play in parties too, but since I started Halo around late H3/Reach I'm scared I such just as much. Although I'm really enjoying Halo 2 online, especially when I'm lucky enough to find a game where my teammates don't actually suck.

Btw could someone explain to me all this "Cystic Fibrosis" avatar tag thing going around (referring to the actual disorder or?).

Ram started it really, explained here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162407119&postcount=607

Even jem wants AR+BR starts. Do it 343.

Heh, honestly, I enjoyed AR + Pistol starts as well. Although if they do actually decide to go with AR/pistol starts they'd have to buff the pistol a bit. BR/pistol starts weren't so good though, there was no point to using the pistol.

I have to admit that the Lightrifle in the H5 Beta was awesome. I always picked one up to support my team^^

It finally had a role.

I wonder how the Covenant Carbine is going to act now.

Is it just me or does anyone else always get paired with the worst teammates possible like 80% of the time?

I usually have the guests on my team, hell there can be multiple guests and somehow they all end up on my team. I wish matchmaking would balance guests.

Omni

Throw a little DoT on that bad boy. Discourages sprinting away.

UGH. No. I hate weapons like that.

I've been playing a bit of Destiny and they have a weapon called "Thorn" that does DoT. It's incredibly frustrating being forced to take cover for 30 seconds because someone randomly got a shot off at you from across the map.

UGH. No. I hate weapons like that.

I've been playing a bit of Destiny and they have a weapon called "Thorn" that does DoT. It's incredibly frustrating being forced to take cover for 30 seconds because someone randomly got a shot off at you from across the map.

Just another reason why Destiny PvP is a joke.

wwm0nkey

Damage over Time

IMO DoT would be great gimmick for the carbine. Maybe just 2-3s of damage?

Nah the best "Gimmick" for Carbine is to just leave its RoF uncapped and have it become the destroyer of worlds.

One reason why I love H2 Classic in MCC, its uncapped there.

Jeez GAF threads are fast, I mean I knew they had a reputation for being fast threads but it was only a day and I was on page 370 now were nearing page 17 of a new topic.

Whats the trick to keeping up?

Maybe instead of Damage over Time it could reset your shield recharge meter for an extra 2-3 seconds. I mean hey, if it's there, why not make use of it?

Alternatively, if you want to play up the radiation angle, maybe headshots could do the same amount of damage as regular shots, but divided between shields and health concurrently. That way you could still balance it out as being an effective precision weapon in the player's hands (7-shot kill maybe), but in PvE the enemies would seldom be able to land consistent headshots on you.

jem0208

How about combining the Carbine with the beam rifle and turning it into a power weapon?

Unscoped = normal carbine
Scoped = beam rifle

Scoped shots could take half a clip or something.

How about combining the Carbine with the beam rifle and turning it into a power weapon?

Unscoped = normal carbine
Scoped = beam rifle

Scoped shots could take half a clip or something.

Lore-wise it doesn't make any sense as the Carbine is a projectile weapon.

IHaveIce

Banned
I would love the avatar modification aswell.
I will donate 20€ later when I'm home aswell. did it in the last year and will continue.

jem0208

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I had a friend in high school die due to complications with the disease :/

If someone would do it to my original Avatar too it would be appreciated.

EauBq5l.png

bLi6VB0.png

I would love the avatar modification aswell.
I will donate 20€ later when I'm home aswell. did it in the last year and will continue.

7jjfXYn.png

(I kept your little black border)

Impala26

Annoyingly you're avatar is already the max size so I couldn't just put the ribbon on top like with Gnome's, so I made a few so you can decide which you prefer:

OcPSdTA.png

HGuAmJr.png

Edit: Better version of the second one:

UkraBNZ.png

Goodness, thanks so much Jem. Will update when back home later today.

m23

Nah the best "Gimmick" for Carbine is to just leave its RoF uncapped and have it become the destroyer of worlds.

One reason why I love H2 Classic in MCC, its uncapped there.

Yeah leave carbine like that, don't need that damage over time stuff for it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Decided to boot up Halo MCC for some H2A online, but the framerate drops frequently. I don't remember this happening around Christmas, did the patches do this, or maybe because I am in the preview dashboard? Kind of bummed me out, the framerate fluctuations are terrible to me.

wwm0nkey

Decided to boot up Halo MCC for some H2A online, but the framerate drops frequently. I don't remember this happening around Christmas, did the patches do this, or maybe because I am in the preview dashboard? Kind of bummed me out, the framerate fluctuations are terrible to me.

I kind of hope we get a performance patch after the online stuff is fixed, its unbearable to play H2A on splitscreen.

Ramirez

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I had a friend in high school die due to complications with the disease :/

If someone would do it to my original Avatar too it would be appreciated.

EauBq5l.png

I was being completely serious...for once.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom