• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avatar changes always confuse me...

Also cannot wait for #HuntTheTruth, it's seriously the best advertisement I have ever seen (or more accurately heard :p).

The funny thing is, I checked your post history and you do actually speak English.

Yeah, avatar changes suck.

Did you stick the ribbon on your avatar, or did someone do it for you? Are they taking requests?

jem0208

Yeah, avatar changes suck.

Did you stick the ribbon on your avatar, or did someone do it for you? Are they taking requests?

I did the ribbon, here's a version with your avatar if you'd like:

FUvPSow.png

Edit:

Here's a slightly better version which isn't a bit fuzzy:

iHutm78.png

Ramirez

Thanks guys, I know it isn't much, but hell, if someone donates $1 or learns about the disease it's better than nothing. :)

Ramirez

Where do you donate?

CFF.org

Someone pimp my av with the CF stuff, i had a good friend that died because of the disease.

Sorry to hear that, it's an awful way to go.

I donated $5 so I wouldn't have to add that banner to my avatar. I'm white and pink enough as it is.

I actually had a co-worker who was always gone and working remotely, and would send emails at the weirdest hours. I sort of knew her husband had a health issue, but I didn't know the details until I checked Cracked one day, and on the front page was an article he wrote about getting a lung transplant due to CF.

Thank you for the donation.

And thanks Jem, for doing the avatars. Making a cynical guy all soft over here.

Fuchsdh

I think everyone is having different experiences in coop. I've been able to play it without minimal issues when it comes to lag or networking. Not even close to the abomination that was Halo CEA coop.

Halo CEA worked swimmingly every 2 games, and then was a nightmare of lag the 3rd one (or would load and then D/C you thirty seconds in.) Didn't matter if you were playing with the same guy 1 hour away from you...

My MCC experience has definitely been far superior, minus some Halo 3 slow-mo adventures.

Fuchsdh

Fable Legends is surprisingly good. I was expecting it to fall apart pretty easily. Stability and frame rate are rough right now, but the visuals are exceptional.

Impala26

Howdy, HaloGAF been away for like two days what's the...

fire_community.gif

oh...
that gif never gets old
Wahrer, didn't you do a HaloGAF-themed one awhile back?

RIP Fahz
RIP Wesley

I know the last thing halogaf cares about is halo remixes but

This was awesome to see/hear live at a festival

Totally untrue, in fact this is one if my favorite Halo 4 remix tracks. I would LOVE to see remix takes on some of the classic tracks come to think of it.

Also, I too am totally down for some CF support. If anyone can pimp my avatar (and preserve my Kojima love) that would be fantastic.

#weback ?
or
#welocke-d ?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fable Legends is surprisingly good. I was expecting it to fall apart pretty easily. Stability and frame rate are rough right now, but the visuals are exceptional.

Is it live right now?

Fuchsdh

Is it worth a re-install? I uninstalled after I sat in the "lobby" for 30 mins waiting for a match.

I think so. I'm getting matches every five minutes or so right now.

Edit: Fuck my teams are getting obliterated towards the end. The villain can rain down bombs on you when you get funneled together. And reviving people is no good when you have a dozen enemies on your tail.

My only complaint is there's no way to optimize heroes—ideally I'd like to pick more complementary options instead of locking someone in and then seeing who we matched with.

Fable Legends is actually pretty damn fun. Visuals and framerate will improve, so don't judge too heavily. I was a bit bummed the town area was just for show and invisible wall'd hardcore, but I'm sure the full game will have
microtransaction
vendors. Now that it's f2p, I'll give it a real chance come release.

RowdyReverb

Finished re-reading Fall of Reach and now I'm craving some Halo: Reach campaign action, but it's going to be hard to go back to 720p30 Halo. What do you guys realistically think the odds are of getting a remaster of that one in the near future?

Is it just me or does anyone else always get paired with the worst teammates possible like 80% of the time?
Yep, and that's why i don't touch mp without a party.

Finished re-reading Fall of Reach and now I'm craving some Halo: Reach campaign action, but it's going to be hard to go back to 720p30 Halo. What do you guys realistically think the odds are of getting a remaster of that one in the near future?
I feel the exact same as you, and since ODST is coming this month, it'll be kind of odd for Reach to be the only mainline Halo game that hasn't got a port yet, I want to say that they will have an announcement at E3 for a port in September to celebrate the 5 years it's been out (holy crap, time has flown by) but one of the biggest selling points of Reach was the huge amount of player customization options it provided to make your player feel like you, and due to the way the MCC UI was built, we can't have that, so it's anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom