• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were nothing more than annoying alarms that said "hey they're a guy here, I'll take a few potshots to show you his general direction"

Decided to boot up Halo MCC for some H2A online, but the framerate drops frequently. I don't remember this happening around Christmas, did the patches do this, or maybe because I am in the preview dashboard? Kind of bummed me out, the framerate fluctuations are terrible to me.

Were you playing Stonetown? That map in particular seems to frequently drop framerate.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just started the HuntTheTruth stuff. It's pretty good but assumes you know a little of the lore already.

Makes sense. Lore is usually designed and written for people that have previously enjoyed lore.

Just started the HuntTheTruth stuff. It's pretty good but assumes you know a little of the lore already.

Does it? I think it's doing a pretty good job re-capping a lot of what happened in the books. The high-points anyway. Knowing the lore makes it that much better hearing about the ODST boxing incident, Mendez, Kindergarten KOTH, flash clones, that girl from that one Halo 3 starry night trailer, etc. I think it's a good introduction to the Master Chief's background if you don't know it all though.

-Ryn

Banned
Welp I guess my replay of H4 isn't meant to be.
Was playing last night so I could finally complete it on Legendary solo and out of nowhere my disc dies on me during the Mammoth mission. Check the disc that should be perfectly five and somehow it has a little but of sun damage on a part of the disc (or just chemical?). What is even the point of installing games?

Edit: Ryn, if you want a version which isn't over the eyes you'll have to send me the original avatar :p
lol thanks dude

I'll probably just stick with this one though. It's like my avi is wearing one of those black bars from secret agent movies; only it spreads a good message as well as poorly hiding my identity.

Tawpgun

Really hope they don't fuck over BTB

Been really enjoying halo 2 and 3 btb. Back when it was good.

I don't mind it being bigger in scale just don't make vehicles outta paper mâché and give people plsma pistols and nades off spawn

Hope ground pound and charge don't one shot vehicles.

I don't mind it being bigger in scale just don't make vehicles outta paper mâché and give people plsma pistols and nades off spawn

I could see ground pound one-shotting smaller vehicles (mongeese, mainly), but other than that... yeah.

Flipping a Warthog end-over-end by groundpounding the front bumper would be pretty legit, though.

I think one thing they need to decide is if they're finally going to get serious about vehicle health being a separate thing. If it is, they need to treat it as such, with it's own UI representation and a more nuanced handling of how damage works. You shouldn't be able to ping a tank to death with a DMR, dammit.

Granadier

Ground pound will become the next armor-lock for BTB on release. Then they will nerf it in some way to prevent abuse.

Was playing last night so I could finally complete it on Legendary solo and out of nowhere my disc dies on me during the Mammoth mission. Check the disc that should be perfectly five and somehow it has a little but of sun damage on a part of the disc (or just chemical?). What is even the point of installing games?

360 or One?

Because i doubt that there would be such Error on the Xbone.

No point, except that blurays are ridiculously slow. You would have been fine though if the whole universe didn't shit on Microsoft's original Xbone plan before they even got it out the door (one of a number of things I actually liked about the whole installing discs feature). Now you're just fucked. Should have just made it an option to "check in", rather than getting rid of absolutely everything good about that original concept. And this is coming from someone with terrible Canadian internet.

I for one can't wait for the ground pound banshee videos.

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder if they'll bring the vehicle health bar back. That'd be nice... it's not coming back.

Co signed

Love Ground Pound and I hope it makes some waves in BTB, but it shouldn't one shot vehicles like Warthogs or Banshees without them being a bit damaged at least.

If it's anything like Halo 4 BTB on Complex, then I will buy the game just to burn it.
I'll join you (with a spare anyway)

Ground pound will become the next armor-lock for BTB on release. Then they will nerf it in some way to prevent abuse.
Please god no

No more nerfs :(

360 or One?

Because i doubt that there would be such Error on the Xbone.
It's the 360 game

Thinking about it, it's a shame H4 was on the 360 because you can really tell the hardware is straining. It's kind of sad when you actually look at a lot of textures. Still a pretty game in a lot of ways though and it's impressive what they managed to squeeze out of the 360.

Can't imagine they'll one shot vehicles. Maybe do considerable damage, but no way a one shot. I suspect some kind of shockwave effect as well.

Granadier

Ryn, here's a couple avatar variations if you decide to change it up.

27pxRA4.png

4TUDWRg.png

ryan299

My friend is into etsy stuff and she told me to check out the website. Did a search for halo and there's some awesome stuff. For a the little price of 10 grand, you can own your own replica light rifle.

Hear that, Ryn? Your avatar is absolutely disgusting. Visceral just said so.

Also, y'all should listen to the new Hunt the Truth. Seriously good stuff.

jem0208

Seriously. If H5's story is anywhere near as gripping as Hunt the Truth is, the game will be outstanding.

Loved the new episode, the boxing theme hahaha (coincidence Floydddd???)

Ugh seriously sick of playing MCC and playing with quitters etc... Anyone wanna party up? Add me GT: Wollveren

-Ryn

Banned
No point, except that blurays are ridiculously slow. You would have been fine though if the whole universe didn't shit on Microsoft's original Xbone plan before they even got it out the door (one of a number of things I actually liked about the whole installing discs feature). Now you're just fucked. Should have just made it an option to "check in", rather than getting rid of absolutely everything good about that original concept. And this is coming from someone with terrible Canadian internet.
...Well that's a bunch of wasted hard drive space...

It's really a shame that the entire concept for the Bone was trashed. I mean honestly it had some great ideas in there but the shit like Always Online and not being able to share your physical games sucked.

The whole ordeal is just a perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Ryn, here's a couple avatar variations if you decide to change it up.
lol thanks bro

Ryn, the compression artifacts on your avatar absolutely disgust me so I fixed them.
27pxRA4.png
image.php

ZQn9hL2.png
rqyF9wY.png
Woah thanks Visceral

Definitely see the difference

I'm hungover, and Ryn's artifacts literally made me vomit.
Reminds me of that time I chugged a red beer cup of vinegar

Hey Ryn, try this.

Won't I bring about some kind of curse?

...Well that's a bunch of wasted hard drive space...

It's really a shame that the entire concept for the Bone was trashed. I mean honestly it had some great ideas in there but the shit like Always Online and not being able to share your physical games sucked.

The whole ordeal is just a perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

lol thanks bro

I mean, I don't want to restart this whole thing again, but it was never Always Online. It was a one time check in once every 24 hours, and even then that was up to the publisher if they wanted to enable that for installed games. It really was supposed to be an authentication ping. For me, that would never have been a problem because all the games I play now are online anyway (destiny, namely). I can understand why people wouldn't want that, but yeah. And the not being able to share games physically sucked, but for me it was offset by the whole Family sharing thing - a concept I utilize all the time on Steam, and even to an extent with Xbox One today where I can let my brother play the games I've bought by setting his console as my main console, and then signing in on my own Xbox One. You get 2 licenses to every digital game you buy on Xbox One, and they can both be played at the same, time, too. The original plan was similar, except that you could share your library with I think 5-10 different friends, so long as only one other person was accessing your library at a time (just like how Steam sharing works). Anyway. This is an old debate either way and all I can do now is hope that some of those features return some day in some form - even as an option. I think Phil Spencer gets that, but it'll take time.

New HtT was good, shame that the audio message was spoiled on reddit.

Loved the new episode, the boxing theme hahaha (coincidence Floydddd???)

Ugh seriously sick of playing MCC and playing with quitters etc... Anyone wanna party up? Add me GT: Wollveren

I'll probably be on pretty soon. GT is same as on here.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Were you playing Stonetown? That map in particular seems to frequently drop framerate.

No it was that beautiful as fuck map that's set in the mountains. Shrine I think it's called. Goddamn gorgeous, some next gen looking skyboxes and horizons, but still, it did not lag in frames soon after launch.

Tawpgun

I want ground pound to damage vehicles.
Maybe killing a flaming one. But otherwise just make it move it. Charging a hog and having it get knocked around could be interesting.

-Ryn

Banned
This is an old debate either way and all I can do now is hope that some of those features return some day in some form - even as an option. I think Phil Spencer gets that, but it'll take time.
It definitely had some cool features.
For me Always online is just not really something I ever want to see as a default of a console but as you said it had some features that sort of made up for it. I too hope that some features return.

I want ground pound to damage vehicles.
Maybe killing a flaming one. But otherwise just make it move it. Charging a hog and having it get knocked around could be interesting.
I'm interested in what they're going to do with the Grav hammer for it's ADS mode. Perhaps a cool thrust blast or sending out a shockwave. They could also give it that gravity pull Tartarus's had.

It'd be cool if Spartan Charging a vehicle like a warthog would send it flying.

I'm interested in what they're going to do with the Grav hammer for it's ADS mode. Perhaps a cool thrust blast or sending out a shockwave. They could also give it that gravity pull Tartarus's had.

It'd be cool if Spartan Charging a vehicle like a warthog would send it flying.

I'm guessing just increased range of damage/shockwave with ADS. One thing which just hit me, I REALLY HOPE they change the stupid rocket launcher design. Okay it looks great and all that, but respect the art of Halo.

Rocket needs to go back to what it was, I know they said introduce a legendary version but the rockets are not even CLOSE to what it used to be. Weapons have changed in design but at least they retain some of those old aesthetics and designs.

You should just release the rest of the series (or at the very least send me it).

I don't like waiting 6 days a week to listen to the next piece =/

I really want 343 to give us a BTB beta. But also take weapon feedback and recommendations. Keep it live until the last 3 weeks before launch and ship it with the changes made during the beta.

I'm guessing just increased range of damage/shockwave with ADS. One thing which just hit me, I REALLY HOPE they change the stupid rocket launcher design. Okay it looks great and all that, but respect the art of Halo.

Rocket needs to go back to what it was, I know they said introduce a legendary version but the rockets are not even CLOSE to what it used to be. Weapons have changed in design but at least they retain some of those old aesthetics and designs.

They're adding the SPNKr in as a Legendary weapon, so they're probably not changing the default.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
We're practically 6 months from launch and the game still can't start a match with even teams...

This is an exaggeration. Been playing and it does happen, but its minimal.

It definitely had some cool features.
For me Always online is just not really something I ever want to see as a default of a console but as you said it had some features that sort of made up for it. I too hope that some features return.

Didn't even read. Don't worry about it, the entire internet did the same thing, too.

I really want 343 to give us a BTB beta. But also take weapon feedback and recommendations. Keep it live until the last 3 weeks before launch and ship it with the changes made during the beta.

Really surprised they aren't doing this. Makes me very wary of the incoming changes, honestly.

Rev3rb

I wonder if we'll ever be able to join a custom game in progress in MCC...

So many times I've seen friends in a FFA custom to warm up, but I can't join up until they're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom