• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous, they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to develop the best game they can for us and then some random nerd says the game's shit and the devs are lazy assholes.

Welcome to Neogaf.com.

Seriously though... Longo is awesome and such a good grab for 343.

What I don't understand is how so many people on NeoGaf lack the understanding of how E3 demos work. They're usually pretty linear due to time constraints/presentation. Seems like most people on here should know that.
Note : People don't mind that when it's either hid well or has a very entertaining demo.
You want your demo to be so entertaining and exciting that people don't think about that.

I love watching The Sprint.

Everyone has that confidence on their faces and in their voices when talking about Halo's direction and development. It's so awesome to see this for the first time with this new game. And what obstacles the devs are facing every decision being made and how it all just comes together. The E3 Campaign demo and Warzone was and still is epic imho. So hyped up to play them when I get my hands on it.

Also, I am curious to see what the Artemis system has to offer besides tracking down the chief and healing your squad mates. I have a hunch it can interact with Easter Eggs in some unique way. Hopefully. I wonder if 343 will have new updates to Warzone in developing new ways to reinvigorate the way you play in new maps for Dlc. Like new objectives and assets every week.

Madness

For the "bunch of nerds" who say it doesn't look all that impressive there are wayyy more who are super excited about the game, and are dying to play it. I was, and still am one of those fans.

Huh, I'd have thought guys like you would be able to play test and pretty much have the game completed by now. I know more are excited than negative, I don't know, just something I was thinking of. I was trying to put myself in these devs shoes.

Just got an Xbox One and I'm keen to play through Halo 1-3 again plus play 4 for the first time. Do any online retailers sell a code for the MCC?

Don't know about retailers, but because the code comes free with bundles there's tons of them you can find on Craigslist or Ebay for dirt cheap to buy.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Video Bulletin returns today btw. New Warzone footage only shown to people at E3 plus Jay shows how VO gets into the game. Soon.

Tashi

Huh, I'd have thought guys like you would be able to play test and pretty much have the game completed by now. I know more are excited than negative, I don't know, just something I was thinking of. I was trying to put myself in these devs shoes.

I've been patiently waiting.
It hasn't been easy

Madness

Can't use Craigslist cause I'm in Australia and I can't find any decent prices on eBay. Might have to fork out the $100.

I just checked eBay Australia, I don't know where you are or where exactly places like Queensland are relative to you, but I've seen some for $30-$40 AUD. I'd also check the buy/sell thread here. Plus, why I said eBay is because some sellers would be willing to email you the code after payment as opposed to mailing it to you.

I've been patiently waiting.
It hasn't been easy

How do you think you'll stack up in arena now? Semi-Pro? Onyx?

Welfare

I can 100% guarantee this (both tiers are being renamed).

Why? Well Semi-Pro I could understand, but Pro seems like a great name to notify people that those players are top tier.

Will there be further distinction between say Onyx 1 & 2 in respect to the symbols?

I proposed a shine system to the emblems, but I don't know how well that would look in the actual game.

-Ryn

Banned
Anynbody up for a few matches of Halo? I'm down to clown for a bit on whatever gametype.

http://majornelson.com/2015/06/19/buy-xbox-one-choose-a-game-for-free/

Poor Ryn. Could have waited just a few days and gotten Arkham Knight as a free game as well. Or Witcher III or whatever else.
tumblr_m73bga9YqJ1qfsxqgo1_500.gif

Less then 30 he can return it
:D

THERE IS HOPE!!
I wonder if I could get away with just contacting Customer Support and seeing if I can just get the free game...

A skin contest would be great. Just allow us to use transparencies so I can make:

mH077mO.png
I like the red disc thing

Video Bulletin returns today btw. New Warzone footage only shown to people at E3 plus Jay shows how VO gets into the game. Soon.
Sweeeeeeet

Thanks Tashi. How's the job hunt?

Tashi

Oh yea, that's right!

Why? Well Semi-Pro I could understand, but Pro seems like a great name to notify people that those players are top tier.

It's doesn't vibe well with HCS and actually the eSports scene in general with legitimate Pro players around the world.

For example, what separates an HCS Pro from a Pro in matchmaking? It gets a little weird.

@Ryn - Job hunt?

Welfare

It's doesn't vibe well with HCS and actually the eSports scene in general with legitimate Pro players around the world.

For example, what separates an HCS Pro from a Pro in matchmaking? It gets a little weird.

I did think about that, but then that brings the question. Is HCS pro going to be a separate rank?

tootsi666

Makes sense. I hope the new names are great.
I will punch a kitten if they are Challenger/Masters.

link1201

I wonder what's being ranked and what's not. Is all of the Arena stuff ranked and Warzone not? Or is everything ranked for mm purposes.

Madness

I don't think I'll have enough time to hit Pro or even Semi-Pro unfortunately.

Maybe you'll join Juices in the silver tier, or guys like me in the Bronze/Garbage tin metal tiers. Couldn't you just ask the pros or guys like Domino to backpack you to the top ranks and then just maintain it for whenever you do have free time to play?

Gonna keep with the precious metals/gems naming scheme? Maybe pro and semi-pro become diamond and platinum or something?

Tashi

I did think about that, but then that brings the question. Is HCS pro going to be a separate rank?

In some ways, yes and in others, no. We definitely want to recognize the HCS Pros, the best players in the world, and we want others to recognize it as well. How we do that though, is a little complicated.

The less cryptic answer is no, you will not earn HCS Pro "rank" by playing Arena.

Afraid to hit Gold 2 again, was not fun playing alone against organized parties....might gimp myself in the last few qualifying games. Breakout is no problem seeing as I only play that with a team anyway.

Ramirez

Maybe you'll join Juices in the silver tier, or guys like me in the Bronze/Garbage tin metal tiers. Couldn't you just ask the pros or guys like Domino to backpack you to the top ranks and then just maintain it for whenever you do have free time to play?

Gonna keep with the precious metals/gems naming scheme? Maybe pro and semi-pro become diamond and platinum or something?

yS24hSh.gif

Welfare

In some ways, yes and in others, no. We definitely want to recognize the HCS Pros, the best players in the world, and we want others to recognize it as well. How we do that though, is a little complicated.

The less cryptic answer is no, you will not earn HCS Pro "rank" by playing Arena.

Thanks, and I know you would not be able to earn that kind of rank through Arena, just wondering if there was going to be a distinction. Sorry if I worded that question weirdly.

There's b-roll footage of Fathom floating around, Rooster Teeth had it playing during a 343 interview. We've had the War Games footage as well as direct campaign footage. We need some Fathom footage in our lives (besides Conan).

Just watched all 4 episodes of Sprint. Who wants to work in this industry man? Those guys spent months thinking about making that E3 demo, all that time worrying about lighting, sky boxes, how FlipYap the 'I regret everything' Grunt came too soon, and all for what? So a bunch of nerds could say hey that doesn't look all that impressive?

I mean even I'm giving grief for ADS and those guys are literally just spending days deciding how much the ammo counter should protrude on a plasma caster etc. Damn.

True.

(They still should have give us a classic zoom option)

H0lmb0m <3

It's ridiculous, they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to develop the best game they can for us and then some random nerd says the game's shit and the devs are lazy assholes.

I don't think people should stop criticizing devs at all. However criticism should be constructive. Saying you dislike ADS because you feel it's unnecessary and takes up too much screen real estate is fine. That's constructive and reasonable. However saying smart scope is literally the worst thing in the world and all the devs at 343 should be fired because of it is not the way to do it.

Sadly this is never going to change because of the anonymity of the Internet. In some ways I feel like connecting your Facebook account to all your forum accounts would almost make the Internet better.

Fixed.

jem0208

There's b-roll footage of Fathom floating around, Rooster Teeth had it playing during a 343 interview. We've had the War Games footage as well as direct campaign footage. We need some Fathom footage in our lives (besides Conan).
I was just about to ask if anyone knows if there is there a link to that Rooster Teeth interview anywhere...

Well, you tried.

You missed one though.

Madness

True.

(They still should have give us a classic zoom option)

They should give us classic/zoom as only option :) but I don't know very eye opening. You always hear like, are these devs clueless, can't believe they missed this. And it's like they were picking out shit I wouldn't have even noticed or cared. Everything they do is a concerted effort by a massive number of teams. They notice lighting affecting a little corner of a wall. How many of us are going to play that Warzone level, not even give a second thought about how the Pelicans enter in, avoiding the terrain etc. I mean that little E3 demo of that little part of the Sanghelios world, dozens of people held meetings, they did several runs, so and so Grunt leaves too early, if you stay too far back this happens etc. The fog is not meshing well with the Spartans' hair. No wonder these guys are so burned out on the game by the time it launches. 3 months of work for a 3 minute demo that gets instantly crapped on by people jumping the gun etc. Maybe just me though. This is a business after all.

-Ryn

Banned
Haha oh yea!

I cut a deal with Frank. I get to keep my job but I have to wash his feet and shave his head every morning for the rest of the year. He says he used to do this for his pappy in Scotland.
I knew that was no ordinary sheen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom