• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Imagine Luke handling MCC's PR.

Would have been entertaining at least. What doesn't come across in that text is sarcasm, joking, and chit-chat. Which is what Luke does quite a bit. Hard to convey in a text interview I guess. A bit easier to see on the Giant Bomb stream he was on talking to Jeff.

I really think that "here's more shit to keep you playing" era in is Destiny is over. It's pretty easy to get to max level and level up guns now. It will probably be easier moving forward too. I'm taking a break from Destiny ATM, but it's partially because I really want to work on my backlog.

Warzone looks ok. I really feel like it's just everything thrown together and no real cohesive vision. But from posts in HaloGAF apparently that's what its supposed to be! Would have rather had a 12 player PvE game mode tbh. Still not sure whether or not Halo 5 will be something I buy or just rent.

I still enjoy Destiny, it just fills that itch that no other shooter does atm. I play CSGO, but that's a different itch, and MCC is pretty much hit or miss still. I already bought TTK, it comes out at the perfect time. Gives me something to play up until H5/Battlefront/Fallout 4. However, I don't plan on buying the final two expansions. Unless I really get hooked with TTK, but I doubt I will. Too many other games coming out this fall and into 2016.

I really think that "here's more shit to keep you playing" era in is Destiny is over. It's pretty easy to get to max level and level up guns now. It will probably be easier moving forward too. I'm taking a break from Destiny ATM, but it's partially because I really want to work on my backlog.

Warzone looks ok. I really feel like it's just everything thrown together and no real cohesive vision. But from posts in HaloGAF apparently that's what its supposed to be! Would have rather had a 12 player PvE game mode tbh. Still not sure whether or not Halo 5 will be something I buy or just rent.

Yeah, the only thing about Warzone I don't like is that it basically confirms no Firefight. I really thought they would go back and revamp that mode after the travesty that was Spartan Ops. But "PvE" players basically have campaign now and that's it. That makes me sad.

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
Yeah, the only thing about Warzone I don't like is that it basically confirms no Firefight. I really thought they would go back and revamp that mode after the travesty that was Spartan Ops. But "PvE" players basically have campaign now and that's it. That makes me sad.

Maybe I've missed something, but couldn't they retool Warzone to be PvE?

And for this line "We decided to integrate all the multiplayer maps within the campaign." Lot of the time it felt the other way around.
No it didn't, it's super clear in the Campaign that these spaces are out of place, they barely use them, you just run through half of them.

I really wanted to like destiny, I pretty much bought a PS4 just for it. But the lack of story, korean mmo-esque grinding and less functional than H2 multiplayer, I just couldn't do it. Apparently it's made progress, but I the initial disappointment is gonna tarnish destiny for awhile for me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well, not every game has DLC/a Season Pass. It would be true, if that was the case or of it was mandatory. He has a point, though.

It's basically the difference between AAA and indie now. The super-massive publishers are pushing season passes and tons of DLC since they know it'll jack the price up to the ~$100 mark.

CIIVYlcVAAAR5tI.jpg

lukesmith.jpg

this dude needs PR training, or to never publicly speak for a company again.

Well except for H5.

And lots of other games really...

Just wait. $250 was the beginning. I'm sure they have plans to monetize the game beyond June 2016 if Warzone Reqs don't prove successful. Or even if they do.

Like I said, different devs do it differently. Some opt for Season Passes, some let you buy weapon packs in multiplayer.

Ramirez

Yeah, Luke Smith is kind of an ass and always has been, go back to his Halo 2 threads from before the game released and he got an early copy or whatever. Guy is totally self absorbed.

It would appear being an ass and being "totally self absorbed" has worked out well for him in making it in the industry. Maybe you should try it.

Madness

Luke is nice guy though, regular gamer like all of us first and foremost. Some people can play the PR game and wax poetic and try and be disingenuous but Luke is a straight shooter. It wasn't until his post on GAF that most even knew what Destiny would be like. Plus his content is what most have probably enjoyed the most in Destiny. He is who he is.

Luke is nice guy though, regular gamer like all of us first and foremost. Some people can play the PR game and wax poetic and try and be disingenuous but Luke is a straight shooter. It wasn't until his post on GAF that most even knew what Destiny would be like. Plus his content is what most have probably enjoyed the most in Destiny. He is who he is.

Luke's the shit. I have no problem with Luke. I have a problem with the bundles and the way Bungie have treated people who've actually supported their new franchise since launch (this isn't the first time they've done this with Destiny either, tdb made many people quit outright). Luke's good people. His way of shooting the shit with press is much better than DeeJ's hard to follow eyes-glazed-over-android-poetry.

DJ Gunner

"Armor Lock is insane! Its super powerful! I love it!" - Luke Smith, 2010

I'm a pre-Halo 3 fan till I die but gat damn if I didn't enjoy the shit out of some Armor Lock.

Fuck stickies, fuck rockets, LOL FUCK SWORD LUNGE SO HARD

I was Armor Lock Troll Level Expert and I loved every minute of it

My IRL buddies have peer pressured me into redownloading Destiny.

Feels bad, man.

You know what feels good, though?

Halo.

Two of my friends just bought destiny for the first time and I deleted my Titan so I could start a new Titan from the beginning to play with them.

Why can't I get sick of this game??????

Madness

Luke's the shit. I have no problem with Luke. I have a problem with the bundles and the way Bungie have treated people who've actually supported their new franchise since launch (this isn't the first time they've done this with Destiny either, tdb made many people quit outright). Luke's good people. His way of shooting the shit with press is much better than DeeJ's hard to follow eyes-glazed-over-android-poetry.

Yeah. Though I think it's definitely Activision pushing this on them. They're the publisher, Bungie cannot decide pricing. They probably can't outright say it.

I'm a pre-Halo 3 fan till I die but gat damn if I didn't enjoy the shit out of some Armor Lock.

Hologram is still superior...

All those free assassinations on countdown.
Please remake countdown 343, I've been a good boy ;_;

Eh, you know my opinion on Destiny. Socially it's great, just like every Bungie game before it. I met a lot of great people playing Destiny, yourself included. But having had time to reflect and play other games, I can't fathom ever wanting to play it again. You're on a break, too, don't be surprised if that feeling starts nagging at you as well. Though you love Destiny more than I ever did. :lol

This whole DLC thing doesn't prove that Bungie's out of touch, because they're not. They still listen to us. They just don't care. They just do this stuff because Activision tells them to, and they know they can get away with it.

I'm wondering if a lot of people aren't very happy at Bungie right now. It can't be good for the mood in the studio.

But enough about Destiny. I'm looking forward to Halo 5, but for its campaign and that alone. I hope there's some cool co-op stuff, because if there's anything to keep me coming back, it's that.

....as they guy always running Sword on Countdown let me tell you this from the bottom of my heart. I hate you.

Halo Reach coming to Xbox One through the new backwards compatibility feature will be nice. I hope they decide to port it to MCC, though. I'd pay $5-10 for that for sure. ODST pricing was golden, despite no FF :'(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My IRL buddies have peer pressured me into redownloading Destiny.

Feels bad, man.

You know what feels good, though?

Halo.

lol, this.

i fired up MCC to play some classic multiplayer, something i havent really done much of with MCC. i havent played halo in ages and the time just felt right. well, wouldnt you know it, i couldnt find a match. so, i fired up some pvp destiny. my god shotguns, snipers, unbalanced weapons, and supers everywhere. so not fun. to think they actually think a good new mode coming with the taken king is a mode where your super bar recharges extremely fast instead of a mode that you know, removes supers, is crazy. anywho, lasted a few games, then tried MCC again. still failed. guess the game still has issues afterall.

Glass

Halo Reach coming to Xbox One through the new backwards compatibility feature will be nice. I hope they decide to port it to MCC, though. I'd pay $5-10 for that for sure. ODST pricing was golden, despite no FF :'(

Yeah I worry it won't get the MCC upgrade now after the backwards compatibility announcement and the fact that its pretty high up the voting ladder. Would also gladly pay $5-10 again for that 1080 60p-ness.

Ram has a hateboner for anything ramshacklehub

Back in 2004-era ProtoHaloGAF, he was "in" with it, but then they changed what "it" was

it happened to him, and it'll happen to us

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Luke is good buds with some folks here. Not my buddy but he's good people.

Taking a few quotes and making judgements about folks ain't cool. Let's keep it not personal.

It would appear being an ass and being "totally self absorbed" has worked out well for him in making it in the industry. Maybe you should try it.

I thought it was great personally, Eurogamer interviewer was way too aggressive about the whole Emote thing, it's not like Eurogamer is doing Lukems or Bungie a favor by having that interview with them, if you want the special shit, buy The Extreme BK Edition™.

I think the timed PS exclusives are more bullshit than this whole debacle, but what do I know?

DJ Gunner

Pure gaming bliss

I was really hoping they were going to announce the addition of Reach to the MCC at E3. I mean, MP would have to be TU and ditch 90% of the forge Team Slayer maps, but it would be glorious.

Also, did anyone else feel that the ZB pistol was secretly the best Halo utility weapon ever? 4sk, high ROF and bleedthrough. Once we got ahold of the ZB gametype my old Halo buds and I would play ZB pistol customs almost exclusively. Worked really well on the Anniversary maps.

Pure gaming bliss

I was really hoping they were going to announce the addition of Reach to the MCC at E3. I mean, MP would have to be TU and ditch 90% of the forge Team Slayer maps, but it would be glorious.

Also, did anyone else feel that the ZB pistol was secretly the best Halo utility weapon ever? 4sk, high ROF and bleedthrough. Once we got ahold of the ZB gametype my old Halo buds and I would play ZB pistol customs almost exclusively. Worked really well on the Anniversary maps.

ZB pistol was up there that's for sure. Sure felt good to use, and it wasn't crap like 3's and OG Reach's.

Reach in MCC would never happen. Modified engine, different beast all together. Which how much of a mess MCC already was, it'd just be one more plate to try and keep spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom