• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I mean why do I have to watch random press/game journos or YouTube videos of Warzone game play or something, when that same build/map, I can see the pro team taking on the test team? I mean once they announced Warzone, showed the vidoc, the sprint, instead of watching poor IGN game play, wouldn't it be better to see an in-studio match?

On top of that, upload your footage in 60fps. Annoying that i still have to watch 30fps footage when every major internet platform supports 60fps videos.

Finally, I'm done, the Helioskrill armor is mine. I don't know why so many people complained about the Cortana level. I was expecting it to be this ordeal with all the complaints I've heard. It was actually one of the easier levels for me. However, Cortana and Gravemind interrupting you every other second was annoying. If I had to rate the difficulty of the games it would be:

H2
CE
H3
H4
ODST

gKSLGT3.png

However, I'm actually glad I played through them all again, it was a good time.

Madness

On top of that, upload your footage in 60fps. Annoying that i still have to watch 30fps footage when every major internet platform supports 60fps videos.

I agree. I mean the biggest draw of Halo 5 is that it is 60fps, let us see the 60fps action of campaign and Warzone etc. It's probably why so many people on gaming side are like what's so special about 60fps, why is there a reduction in visual fidelity or resolution for this.

Finally, I'm done, the Helioskrill armor is mine. I don't know why so many people complained about the Cortana level. I was expecting it to be this ordeal with all the complaints I've heard. It was actually one of the easier levels for me. However, Cortana and Gravemind interrupting you every other second was annoying. If I had to rate the difficulty of the games it would be:

H2
CE
H3
H4
ODST

gKSLGT3.png

However, I'm actually glad I played through them all again, it was a good time.

Cortana is not hard on Legendary. :D

BTW, congratulation! :)

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah I get that, but I mean the option is still better than nothing no? What if the requirement was to have beaten hard mode before, be a certain level? I'm pretty sure most of the people who would've been so and so level and have beaten such and such raid before, would mean a greater chance you get 6 competent people. Just as an extra means to try and find people without resorting to forums or other sites.

Edit: sometimes you only needed 1-2 guys to complete the fireteam so that could be good too, being alone and matching up with an existing group or whatnot etc.
What determines beating the raid though, getting carried for the atheon and crota fight? That qualifies you? 95% of pug groups wouldn't make it past the confluxes and oracles and poison pools let alone know what to do properly for the first boss fight.

Imagine a matchmaker group for the first part of crota end... Good luck with that, people would quit.

Fuchsdh

Anyone here have the X1 version of Spartan Assault and need the "Company of Strangers" achievement? Gotta' have more bros to play with.

Cortana is not hard on Legendary. :D

BTW, congratulation! :)

Thanks!

I just read a lot of players bitching on GAF about Cortana, which is why I was confused when I found it so easy. Gravemind was hard, however, the worst for me was Regret. That was rage inducing. I spent +45 minutes on the Gondola section, I had no marines with me. I believe that's why I had such a problem with it. Couple of times I was thinking about reverting my save to an earlier checkpoint, but I just kept at it.

Karl2177

A lot of quitters today. Did have a pretty awesome snipe game on Narrows. 1 teammate quits right off the bat. The other one afks for a short time and then quits. So it's me and another guy vs. 4 people. We manage to win 50-48 due to some late game killing sprees from both of us.

VinFTW

A lot of quitters today. Did have a pretty awesome snipe game on Narrows. 1 teammate quits right off the bat. The other one afks for a short time and then quits. So it's me and another guy vs. 4 people. We manage to win 50-48 due to some late game killing sprees from both of us.

That's a good feeling.

Just played my first game of MCC in a few months. TS playlist, BR slayer on Warlord. Even teams, 4v4 and no quitters/lag.

Went 22-4, was super satisfying after playing Destiny for the last few weeks.

Might get back into it and play a few games a day. I didn't know they hid GT's during MM'ing now, which is cool.

nillapuddin

Remember the dubstepian videos they made introducing the sandbox for 4, I kinda hope we get another set showing off the REQ variants , I'm really interested how far some will deviate.

Anyone here have the X1 version of Spartan Assault and need the "Company of Strangers" achievement? Gotta' have more bros to play with.

I'm down for the cause, my schedule is bananas but if I'm around sure

Tawpgun

To add one thing to the destiny talk...

Matchmaking for raids would be fucking atrocious. They rely on too much coordination and communication. If one kid doesn't have a mic he can ruin an entire raid. It's not worth it. Bungie SHOULD have had an in game LFG system but whatever.

That being said, Nightfall should have matchmaking. Trials should have matchmaking. Maybe Prison of Elders. Idk tho, some of the boss mechanics rely on teamwork like the Vex dude. Skolas shouldn't be matchmade.

Anyway, I'd like to dong on MCC if anyones interested

Had a great big team slayer game on the Halo 2 Zanzibar remake.
Everyone quit but one other guy. We won.

I have a channel I post stuff on but not sure a no commentary, non edited video of just a whole game would be something anyone would want to watch? Might put it on a 2nd channel.

Also had a fun flag cap on the relic remake with Lisa,
captured it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iip6z0G_DGE

Fuchsdh

Remember the dubstepian videos they made introducing the sandbox for 4, I kinda hope we get another set showing off the REQ variants , I'm really interested how far some will deviate.

I'm down for the cause, my schedule is bananas but if I'm around sure

Added you. Hit me up when I'm online. If you need to grind out the kills or any of the other missions let me know.

Had a great big team slayer game on the Halo 2 Zanzibar remake.
Everyone quit but one other guy. We won.

I have a channel I post stuff on but not sure a no commentary, non edited video of just a whole game would be something anyone would want to watch? Might put it on a 2nd channel.

Also had a fun flag cap on the relic remake with Lisa,
captured it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iip6z0G_DGE
That's Relic remake brah not Zanzi :3

daedalius

I don't even consider Halo 4 to be difficult, so much as it's just a pain in the ass. The Knight's invincibility frames after their shields being taken down is REALLY annoying. The lack of accurate weaponry when crawlers are pinging at you from a distance. I too found it more difficult this time around. I just flat out don't enjoy the combat in the campaign as much as previous Halo's.

I found that most of the situations just required me to fancily run past everything while chaining together jumps.

Knights are pretty much a giant pain in the ass, I don't understand why they have invincibility frames.

I don't even consider Halo 4 to be difficult, so much as it's just a pain in the ass. The Knight's invincibility frames after their shields being taken down is REALLY annoying. The lack of accurate weaponry when crawlers are pinging at you from a distance. I too found it more difficult this time around. I just flat out don't enjoy the combat in the campaign as much as previous Halo's.

Halo 4 is like this giant ball of "WTF were they thinkingggggggg" rolling down hill, gaining mass and momentum, unstoppable until it collides with HaloGAF

Halo 4 is like this giant ball of "WTF were they thinkingggggggg" rolling down hill, gaining mass and momentum, unstoppable until it collides with HaloGAF
Bringing back the Camo AA was a major red flag for me. Expected the worst at that point because it was a clear sign fans weren't being listened to lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just beat Halo 4.

The campaign was a lot better than I remember it. I really do love how they expanded the MC and Cortana's relationship, those two together has always been my favorite part of all the Halo games.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Cortana doesn't come back in Halo 5.

Einchy

"They will pair you with another AI. Maybe even another Cortana model if Halsey lets them."

"It won't be me, you know that, right?"

QUwDcYv.jpg

Einchy

The two sections where they give you banshees are downright fucking awful. Who thought it was a good idea to give you banshees in tiny rooms filled with a shit ton of insanely accurate enemies while other banshees fly around.

Getting inside of the banshee was a death trap. I actually had to go on foot, kill all the ground enemies and then get on the banshee to kill the other banshees.

In the past games it was always really fun when you got to banshee sections since you rained down death on everything in your path. In Halo 4, though, I actually felt weaker on a banshee.

"They will pair you with another AI. Maybe even another Cortana model if Halsey lets them."

Chief replies: "But she'll be functional and not melodramatic about everything. In fact, it will be more like you than you are right now."

Lingitiz

So I haven't been following things too well, but how's the Master Chief Collection now? Thinking of grabbing the white bundle to get ready for Halo 5.

Einchy

So I haven't been following things too well, but how's the Master Chief Collection now? Thinking of grabbing the white bundle to get ready for Halo 5.

You still get issues here and there with MM and the menus so it's not perfect but it's completely playable now.

4 really was a clusterfuck of ideas gone wrong. I feel bad for people that haven't played or bought a halo game since 3 and then jump into 4. Hell launch halo 4 and MCC halo 4 are almost 2 different games.

It's significantly improved from launch. The campaigns have little issues. When it comes to multiplayer, the MM times are decent, however this depends on your region. MM based on skill is definitely something that needs work. Other issues include; quitters/afk, ar/smg starts, and just playlist management.

Overall if you just want to play some Halo it's more than playable.

QUwDcYv.jpg

I have to admit, I liked 343's interpretation of rampancy compared to Bungie's which seemed more deadpan, one-dimensional tiers of emotion (sadness / anger / envy) with some Hal thrown in, and then in certain cases like Mendicant Bias they'd magically reconcile their sentience. H4 treated it more like a fluid passage between the three where AI went through their rebellious teen phase, just handling exponentially more information and feelings they'd ever come to expect, which was compounded by having to relay it to such relatively "dumb" human cohorts. Not to mention reconciling a surge of emotions actually seemed like a logical outcome for AI transsentience rather than Bungie framing it like a cycle.

daedalius

The two sections where they give you banshees are downright fucking awful. Who thought it was a good idea to give you banshees in tiny rooms filled with a shit ton of insanely accurate enemies while other banshees fly around.

Getting inside of the banshee was a death trap. I actually had to go on foot, kill all the ground enemies and then get on the banshee to kill the other banshees.

In the past games it was always really fun when you got to banshee sections since you rained down death on everything in your path. In Halo 4, though, I actually felt weaker on a banshee.

Banshee was ok on heroic I think, but on legendary they will pretty easily shoot you down.

jem0208

The finals of the HCS Indi tournament is coming up soon. Halo's twitch channel is streaming the tournament at the moment.

CLG got the upset against Denial so we'll be seeing an EG v CLG final.

Booshka

The finals of the HCS Indi tournament is coming up soon. Halo's twitch channel is streaming the tournament at the moment.

CLG got the upset against Denial so we'll be seeing an EG v CLG final.

CLG vs Denial was a great series.

Rooting for CLG in the Finals, would like to see the GOAT get an H2A Championship.

jem0208

CLG vs Denial was a great series.

Rooting for CLG in the Finals, would like to see the GOAT get an H2A Championship.
It would be nice to see someone other than EG win. EG are just do dominant though, it'll be difficult.

Personally I was rooting for TL so this weekend was fairly disappointing in that regard.

Booshka

It would be nice to see someone other than EG win. EG are just do dominant though, it'll be difficult.

Personally I was rooting for TL so this weekend was fairly disappointing in that regard.

Don't ever root for a team that Ninja is on, he hardly ever makes it to Sunday.

Tawpgun

If anyone is interested the halo thread where the initial MP details leaked is AMAZING.

Literally everyone was saying "It's fake, there's no way thats real 343 would never do something that stupid"

lol

Man the audio all screwed up on this tournament. I have it turned down to where I can't hear the game at all, and this British announcer screaming still hurts my ears. My receiver is set to 10 where I normally keep it at 30, really unbelievable.

I jumped on for the first time in months like 2 days ago. Was working okay but haven't been able to get a single game in the past 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom