• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Not that it will happen but it would be funny if 343 does do a later patch to add split - screen in the future for Halo 5. The "outrage" is pretty comical imho. I am upset, believe me, but it's getting ridiculous reading ppls super negative opinions about a cut feature. Hell I want theater mode back probably more than split screen..

Realistically we're talking about a loss of like 10 copies on GAF gaming side, IF that at all.

It's not a huge loss but it does suck.

Like I said, 60fps >> but I hope maybe someday they can patch in splitscreen and maybe other things like Firefight.

HTupolev

I remember Halo 4, if we try split screen, the game changed 4:3... :(
Nothing new there. Halo split-screen has always been 4:3.

The exception is the left/right split that Halo 2 uses if the console was set to widescreen, but the FoV is so low that it feels borderline unplayable. Halo 2's 4:3 top/bottom split isn't great, but it's much better than the left/right.

Impala26

Been playing MCC for the last hour. Fucking love Halo 1 2 3 4 IDGF all aboard Halo 5 hype train. Fuck Reach tho!

:-(

I may be in the minority here, but if we're able to look past Armor Lock and Reticle Bloom, Reach is actually a pretty fantastic title. It arguably has the best sandbox out of all the games--RIP Pro Pipe, Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, Falcon, Revenant*--and frankly still has the biggest and most robust Forge. I can't even say how many countless hours I lost just dicking around with buddies in Forge and custom games, or browsing fantastic community creations with a WORKING file browser.

I'm actually kind of excited to be able to play it again on my Bone... whenever that's due to happen.

*--
throw in the Civilian Truck, Forklift and Traxus Truck for good measure even though they weren't Forge-able.

Obscured

Yes, the Salad Days of Xbox Live. Through all the hate, there was also some camaraderie.

Sounds like every prison movie and/or show ever.

They should just have options with the default being team during lobbies and proximity chat during gameplay.

Bummer about no split screen, they say it is for performance but the real reason is all those screenwatchers over the years ruined it for us. I haven't used it in a long time, but i remember those days fondly and it's too bad the cost to recreate will be so high, but I think the priority is in the right place.

I like how it is looking, almost concept-arty.

Iand frankly still has the biggest and most robust Forge. I can't even say how many countless hours I lost just dicking around with buddies in Forge and custom games, or browsing fantastic community creations with a WORKING file browser.

Out of all the Forges, Reach's was superior. Easily.

:-(

I may be in the minority here, but if we're able to look past Armor Lock and Reticle Bloom, Reach is actually a pretty fantastic title. It arguably has the best sandbox out of all the games--RIP Pro Pipe, Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, Falcon, Revenant*--and frankly still has the biggest and most robust Forge. I can't even say how many countless hours I lost just dicking around with buddies in Forge and custom games, or browsing fantastic community creations with a WORKING file browser.

I'm actually kind of excited to be able to play it again on my Bone... whenever that's due to happen.

*--
throw in the Civilian Truck, Forklift and Traxus Truck for good measure even though they weren't Forge-able.

I enjoyed Reach also. It was some of the most fun I had in a Halo and the most time spent on one. There was just so much to do. Yeah it had problems, a lot of problems. Yet, at the end of the day I really enjoyed it. It's actually one of my favorite Halo games.

FyreWulff

It's really not.

Proximity chat broadcasted to all is a bandwidth drain, but not only is that part of the reason games started dropping it, it was also the advent of party chat killing it (and you can't do anything like death noises), but developers also figured out their customers don't like being harassed off their game anyway.

ElRenoRaven

So I'm out of the loop but did Gameinformer not post anything new yesterday like their page said they would. Still says next update 6/29.

I'm so behind on Halo lore, only ever played the games. Does knowing the lore genuinely make the games more enjoyable, or am I fine doing as I've always done?

I'm so behind on Halo lore, only ever played the games. Does knowing the lore genuinely make the games more enjoyable, or am I fine doing as I've always done?

For me personally it makes it more enjoyable. I'd say it's especially true for H4, most people didn't know what the fuck was going on in H4, unless they knew some of the backstory on the Forerunners.

Some of the more "grounded," I guess infantry-level stuff (focusing on individual characters like the Arbiter, Blue Team, etc.) usually adds a layer of texture to the events of the games, but I wouldn't necessarily say some of the more mind-melting expansive stuff like the Human-Forerunner War particularly affects how I see the games.

Not sure if already discussed, but ive read that in the Gameinformer Fathom article
“We took the starting load out seriously,” DelHoyo says. “We didn’t want people to start out with something lame so they couldn’t defend themselves, but we didn’t want them to be super powerful either. The assault rifle and magnum have been especially scrutinized. Our magnum has received a buff since the beta. The rate of fire has gone down, but the damage has gone up. If you miss a shot, you’re penalized a little bit, so we’re hoping that it will appeal to the skilled crowd. Meanwhile, the assault rifle has been given four extra rounds to each magazine, and those four bullets make a big difference in getting kills. So those two weapons have been super-tuned, and we feel like we have a load out that will be used by both the pro scene and the casual player.”

So, AR starts for H5? ugh

Taishan

Banned
Not sure if already discussed, but ive read that in the Gameinformer Fathom article
So, AR starts for H5? ugh

giphy.gif

Until the entire enemy team has BR and DMRs...

I dont see the Pistol as a excuse for AR starts...

It's not an excuse, the H5 AR isn't like the past ARs. It's not like in H3 you're instantly dead if someone already has a BR. Couple this with a decent pistol and AR starts in H5 don't look horrendous.

I actually loved AR/Pistol starts with BR on map in the H5 beta. I still felt like I could keep up in battle, but I also still wanted to find a BR. And depending on the situation I actually started switching my weapons around with others for difference performance. Whens the last time you played Halo and it wasnt Battle Rifle: The Game?

It's called weapon balance and it actually gave me a reason to care about how different weapons performed instead of just BR BR BR BR forever.

I feel like the bad reactions are just leftover feelings from those dark dark times called SMG starts when you were a helpless pile of shit unless you got the BR.

Ramirez

I played an absurd amount of the beta, and I don't think the BR overtook the Pistol as my ToD until week 3. Now they buffed it?! Embrace the sidearm boys!

Nowise10

I have mixed feelings. I LOVE the Halo 5 Pistol. But I also liked spawning with a Battle Rifle. It will always take more skill to land 4 headshots, then to just spray at someones body with an assault rifle.

I don't know, we'll see how it plays. I know I liked BR spawns in the beta more then AR spawns.

I played an absurd amount of the beta, and I don't think the BR overtook the Pistol as my ToD until week 3. Now they buffed it?! Embrace the sidearm boys!

How'd they buff it, heard they lowered the fire cap.

Chewed AR users up with it in the beta and it was great, and don't get me started on breakout.

One minute you agree that AR starts turn to crap against decent players, the next you're saying the Pistol was your ToD until week 3. Which is it, unless I'm mistaken and you never complained about AR starts in the beta?

Looking forward to starting with an automatic for the first few months until the developer relents to the constant online bitching and puts in more precision rifle starts. But what do I know, I've only seen this happen in four different Halo games now.

VinFTW

Looking forward to starting with an automatic for the first few months until the developer relents to the constant online bitching and puts in more precision rifle starts. But what do I know, I've only seen this happen in four different Halo games now.

At least the AR isn't complete garbage now.

Personally, I think BR/Pistol starts should be standard for AT LEAST the HCS playlist.

edit: hope so kittens. At least some pro players are pretty confident about those starts (Br specifically, not sure about AR or Pistol as secondary). They seem to be in the know more than most of us, but I doubt it's concrete at this point.

I want AR starts in Halo 5. It was great fun. Pistol buff makes it better.

Let's just be happy we know for a fact that our weapon starts aren't trash regardless.

Not this time ;]

..because they're going to replace it with the Legendary Keyes Pistol
toggle crouch, ADS and AR starts have me playing like

http://i.imgur.com/77KcHo2.gif
LMFAO

They should have kept the pistol fire rate and still made it stronger. It's a tough weapon to wield, this would have made it better than precision weapons at close to close-mid range and completely viable at mid to mid-long.

I'm still fine if they buffed it overall; AR/pistol starts were enjoyable in the Beta. I feel like this leads to more sandbox variety, and if you actually get a precision weapon you'll feel more powerful because not everyone will have them. BR starts were fine though too, whatever they choose I'll deal.

At least the AR isn't complete garbage now.

Personally, I think BR/Pistol starts should be standard for AT LEAST the HCS playlist.

edit: hope so kittens. At least some pro players are pretty confident about those starts (Br specifically, not sure about AR or Pistol as secondary). They seem to be in the know more than most of us, but I doubt it's concrete at this point.

I predict only that it will be better than SMGs on Hemorrhage.

The AR still seemed too easy to use in the Beta, especially at close range. The spread was still very forgiving so it made close quarters pretty zzz compared to straight precision weapon duels. The magnum will hopefully be good enough to overcome the AR on the reg at short ranges.

I also wonder how big the gap will be between the magnum and the other precision weapons. One of the big problems with automatic starts has always been that it makes the precision rifles on the map de facto power weapons, causing ridiculous snowballs for teams who get even tenuous map control at higher skill levels.

I was also hoping that since Warzone is the developer sanctioned BK-land, they would go ahead and make Arena in general more focused on higher-skilled play and stick with BR starts.

I hope at launch we have at least some BR starts in regular TS, but have they even discussed anything about voting?

Something something opinions complain something.

None of you will like Halo 5 so go away! ;)

I want my classic CE AR + Magnum starts. Halo 5 is giving that to me.

Back off scrubz.

Ads and invasion...

Do you also like ar starts? What is your opinion of halo 2 Gemini? How about infinity drops?

- Ar starts are fine. Could take them or leave them doesn't matter.
- Wasn't a fan of Gemini.
- Infinity drops were fine. Again, didn't matter. I made use of them because they were there. Won't miss them now that they are gone.

So, is Warzone Halo 5's answer to Firefight and or Spartan Ops, or can we expect another mode like that?

Also, is Warzone one gametype only? I feel like I don't fully understand the game mode TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom