• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
been playing quite a bit of mcc and its clear as day to me that despite some mis-steps, halo has really improved from one iteration to the next. as far as multiplayer movement and gunplay goes, its halo 4 (in its current state, without ordinance and weapon balances) > (reach?) > halo 3 > halo 2 > halo ce. the older games feel so fucking clunky compared to halo 4. and sprint is a good thing. sorry haters.

jem0208

been playing quite a bit of mcc and its clear as day to me that despite some mis-steps, halo has really improved from one iteration to the next. as far as multiplayer movement and gunplay goes, its halo 4 (in its current state, without ordinance and weapon balances) > (reach?) > halo 3 > halo 2 > halo ce. the older games feel so fucking clunky compared to halo 4. and sprint is a good thing. sorry haters.

bSXGToi.gif

I (kinda) agree. The base gameplay of H4 (and H5) feels really smooth compared to the older games. H4 is definitely one of the worst from a design aspect though; ordnance drops, loudouts, (most of) the armour abilities, flinch etc. are all kinda terrible.

I (kinda) agree. The base gameplay of H4 (and H5) feels really smooth compared to the older games. H4 is definitely one of the worst from a design aspect though; ordnance drops, loudouts, (most of) the armour abilities, flinch etc. are all kinda terrible.
CE's movement and gunplay is the worst in the series to you guys?

Breaks my heart ;'[

I agree from a movement and gunplay aspect that H4 is the best. It just feels so fluid and good. AAs sucks, so does sprint, and as do the perks. Also the maps aren't anything to write home about.

op_ivy

bSXGToi.gif

yeah, but thats all separate to the feel of how the game plays. movement and shooting. from what i recall of the halo 5 beta, it felt considerably better than 4 in this regard. god damn i cant wait for halo 5.

EDIT: i may have jumped the gun with halo 3 > halo 2 (to fit my narrative). more testing is needed. halo 3 definitely has some oddities that detract from the things it did improve on from halo 2.

jem0208

CE's movement and gunplay is the worst in the series to you guys?

Breaks my heart ;'[

I certainly wouldn't say that, CE's gunplay is pretty fantastic. It has a few quirks which I'm not sure about, although I'm not sure if that's MCC related issues or if that was always how it was. It's been a long time since I played CE on the original Xbox.

I'd definitely rank CE's gunplay above 3. It's the movement I have an issue with in CE. It strays a bit too far into ice rink feel and the jumping is just bad.

Halo 2 is definitely better than 3 as well. 3 is just the worst.

yeah, but thats all separate to the feel of how the game plays. movement and shooting. from what i recall of the halo 5 beta, it felt considerably better than 4 in this regard. god damn i cant wait for halo 5.

Oh I agree with that. I think H4 excels in the game feel aspect, although the guns are too easy to use (something which H5 thankfully seems be fixing).

op_ivy

Oh I agree with that. I think H4 excels in the game feel aspect, although the guns are too easy to use (something which H5 thankfully seems be fixing).

i really hope that isnt tweaked in the final game to "reach a broader audience"

bSXGToi.gif

There is never a week where Jem doesn't use this GIF.

I agree that the feel of Halo 4 is smooth. I think it benefits the most from the 60fps boost. Halo 5 felt amazing. I really miss it.

jem is all too familiar with bad opinions
It's like a meme in HaloGaf lol.

i like your opinions Jem.

Ghazi

I don't believe that Wesley and jumperz are real people. They have to be AI constructs programmed by the ghost of Corrine Yu at 343.

Glass

Talking of gunplay, I didn't get to use 5's light rifle much but really appreciated how it's been tweaked to be its own thing a bit more.

And I pretty much always went BR over DMR because the laters scope made my aiming feel clostrophobic or something, but I'm ready to go back after its sexy new look.

nillapuddin

What if the war zone bosses had a red health bar and a blue health bar?

I know it will be awesome everytime you get that last kill shot and take points from the enemy team. But I think being on the other side of that coin will be so frustrating.

I understand this is a MOBAy thing, I'm wondering if other games have tried that

Tunavi

Banned
>sprint
>good
>ce avatar
>2015

Ghazi

I'm fairly optimistic about H5 nowadays, MP looks to be solid with the changes they made. I was willing to try ADS until I tried the sniper in the beta and saw how they ruined that. Other than that, I'm excited.

Let's hope they've retained the scale of battles and levels in the Bungie games, that was my biggest gripe with 4.

On the other hand, I played some H2 classic today in MCC and I could hear the other team's voice chat.

I'm fairly optimistic about H5 nowadays, MP looks to be solid with the changes they made. I was willing to try ADS until I tried the sniper in the beta and saw how they ruined that. Other than that, I'm excited.

Let's hope they've retained the scale of battles and levels in the Bungie games, that was my biggest gripe with 4.

On the other hand, I played some H2 classic today in MCC and I could hear the other team's voice chat.

Yup, I'm optimistic for the game. I think it could deliver.

But that DF thread on gaming side. #Disgusting

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
halo 3 did everything bad except for letting me ride a mongoose off of a ramp and onto a scarab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom