• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the Forerunners drawing the bulk of their power from the classically untraceable flickers of life and death of ambient particles throughout infinite amounts of nascent other universes, that essentially makes them chronic masturbators on a causative scale, right?
halo-ultraviolet-vacuum-1.jpg

Inb4WahrerDidactVacuumShipconcept

MCC has one of the worst MM systems I've ever seen. Even Destiny is better and that's saying a lot. From a solo point of view all you're is fodder for premade teams. I love Halo, but it's not even fun playing anymore because the teams are broken a majority of the time. Honestly, H5 can't come soon enough. Once it's here I'm never touching MCC again.

wHvtv6r.png

MCC has one of the worst MM systems I've ever seen. Even Destiny is better and that's saying a lot. From a solo point of view all you're is fodder for premade teams. I love Halo, but it's not even fun playing anymore because the teams are broken a majority of the time. Honestly, H5 can't come soon enough. Once it's here I'm never touching MCC again.

wHvtv6r.png
all four games aren't based on true skill, right? idk, haven't played it yet but i plan on getting the h5 console and dl my mcc copy

Madness

Still don't think I have more than 50 matches played. Easily worst gaming purchase of my life. Complete waste of a year of live, headset, play and charge, even Xbox One.

Madness

Really? and Halo 5 or any other game won't make any of this up to you?

I won't lie, MCC pretty much killed a lot of hype I had for next gen. Even for Halo as well. I'm excited for Halo 5, but it's not the excitement I had for any other in the series, 2, 3, Reach, 4 etc. Now I just turn it on to play a few matches of NHL 15 or send messages lol. I do have a shit ton of new games pre-ordered so maybe Gears Ultimate, Taken King will rekindle a bit.

I won't lie, MCC pretty much killed a lot of hype I had for next gen. Even for Halo as well. I'm excited for Halo 5, but it's not the excitement I had for any other in the series, 2, 3, Reach, 4 etc. Now I just turn it on to play a few matches of NHL 15 or send messages lol. I do have a shit ton of new games pre-ordered so maybe Gears Ultimate, Taken King will rekindle a bit.

See man, don't say its going to be a waste because you'll more then make up MCC's downfall with other games. I'm pretty cheesed off about the overall happening of The MCC but I don't regret purchases because I'll make them up somehow.

And the 360 Emulator is something to look forward to. its gonna be cool having XBO's DVR and screenshot capabilities on 360 games.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Destiny, I wouldn't even touch my XB1. Yeah, I have ~700 games played in MCC, but it's been out eight months and 700 games in eight months isn't a lot of playtime. Plus a majority of those games have been filled with quits/afk and just frustration in general, only thing that kept me playing was my love for Halo and hoping things would get better, which they have but it's still not up to standards. It's just frustrating to see such a great collection of games turned into this subpar beta test.

Sorry for the rant.

Madness

See man, don't say its going to be a waste because you'll more then make up MCC's downfall with other games. I'm pretty cheesed off about the overall happening of The MCC but I don't regret purchases because I'll make them up somehow.

And the 360 Emulator is something to look forward to. its gonna be cool having XBO's DVR and screenshot capabilities on 360 games.

Well it's more forced to get use out of the thing, as opposed to any genuine desire. I meant more MCC and the situation surrounding it was worst gaming purchase. Easily the worst and most broken game I've ever bought. I could've bought a Destiny bundle earlier, gotten hundreds of hours of enjoyment at least. Instead I'm worse off in a sense than before MCC was announced.

Backwards compabikity would've been bigger pre-launch of Xbox One. I'd have probably bought it day one if I knew my discs and my XBLA purchases would transfer over. But now, I can live without it. I played the original Mass Effect almost 5 times on 360. Zero desire to play it through again. Bring in ME:Andromeda

Anyone else pumped about HCS? First we get spectator mode, then req packs go twords funding payouts, and im pretty sure they said they have more stuff at gamescon. With the focus of arena on 4v4 competitiveness, 343 keeping HCS close to default h5, free dlc, faster pace+movement, there is HUGE potential. Even for a game with a tiny tiny audience we have weekly online cups and solid payouts for LAN. Imagine when Halo 5 isn't a train wreck. 128 team weekly online cups paying out 20k? 100k minimum payouts on LAN? I might try to accomplish a childhood dream.

tootsi666

Anyone else pumped about HCS? First we get spectator mode, then req packs go twords funding payouts, and im pretty sure they said they have more stuff at gamescon. With the focus of arena on 4v4 competitiveness, 343 keeping HCS close to default h5, free dlc, faster pace+movement, there is HUGE potential. Even for a game with a tiny tiny audience we have weekly online cups and solid payouts for LAN. Imagine when Halo 5 isn't a train wreck. 128 team weekly online cups paying out 20k? 100k minimum payouts on LAN? I might try to accomplish a childhood dream.
No real LAN support so LANs will probably be few and far between and I've seen enough onliners in esports to know online matches mean jackshit.

jem0208

No real LAN support so LANs will probably be few and far between and I've seen enough onliners in esports to know online matches mean jackshit.
HCS will he fine.

Any main LANs are going to be helped by 343 so effectively will have LAN support. And in like games are all going to be on dedicated servers so there'll be less bullshit there with people hosting.

tootsi666

HCS will he fine.

Any main LANs are going to be helped by 343 so effectively will have LAN support. And in like games are all going to be on dedicated servers so there'll be less bullshit there with people hosting.
There isn't that many HCS LANs happening this season. I highly doubt they will multiply when Halo 5 comes out (maybe for the first season but not after that).

Dedicated servers make online matches a lot better than before but they are still online matches. There is a reason why no one gives a shit about online matches in the CSGO scene (in EU).

They're coming back, it's just a question of when.

Is this from Halo Escalation?

Also, is there a Halo 5 thread, or is the go to?

If so, I have a small question.

With regards to the campaign being a well crafted 4-player co-op. In the E3 demo, Locke calls out at two points for specific Spartans to do something, especially at the start where Vale is asked to scan Master Chiefs AR. In co-op, will that player be required to be the one to do it? I hope so, as I do remember them saying the different Spartans have different gear and tools.

singhr1

There isn't that many HCS LANs happening this season. I highly doubt they will multiply when Halo 5 comes out (maybe for the first season but not after that).

Dedicated servers make online matches a lot better than before but they are still online matches. There is a reason why no one gives a shit about online matches in the CSGO scene (in EU).

HCS can't be offline LAN if you want spectator mode. Have to be online for that to work. I'll take that over true offline LAN (of course one would like to have both).

Akai__

HCS can't be offline LAN if you want spectator mode. Have to be online for that to work. I'll take that over true offline LAN (of course one would like to have both).

I still wonder if they will have a non-delayed spectator mode for Custom Games. Would really defeat the point, if you are watching a tournament and the game is finished, but spectator mode is still going for 2 minutes.

Madness

Is this from Halo Escalation?

Also, is there a Halo 5 thread, or is the go to?

If so, I have a small question.

With regards to the campaign being a well crafted 4-player co-op. In the E3 demo, Locke calls out at two points for specific Spartans to do something, especially at the start where Vale is asked to scan Master Chiefs AR. In co-op, will that player be required to be the one to do it? I hope so, as I do remember them saying the different Spartans have different gear and tools.

I asked Frank that same question. Seems like generally that's supposed to happen there, but I'm not sure if it's necessarily Vale that checks or if anyone else could do it or if Locke can ignore Chief AR altogether.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168336837&postcount=9068

I asked Frank that same question. Seems like generally that's supposed to happen there, but I'm not sure if it's necessarily Vale that checks or if anyone else could do it or if Locke can ignore Chief AR altogether.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168336837&postcount=9068

He said "a couple of deliberately scripted exceptions" - off the top of my head I can think of the collapsing balcony, and then Locke being grabbed by the Warden. It soooounds like all of the rest is optional, and some of it was purposely arranged in the e3 demo to show off the new squad/Artemis stuff.

In the Sprint episode, they go into getting the whole demo right. Essentially memorizing where to go, what to do, in order to make it a smooth playthrough (it was cool to see the mistakes too haha). The Uncharted e3 demo was like this as well, I believe.

Madness

Yeah. I'm curious if we have to do the Chief AR scan, whether Tanaka will need to be revived at that same spot fighting Prometheans or if that was done deliberately to show off the new features.

Yeah. I'm curious if we have to do the Chief AR scan, whether Tanaka will need to be revived at that same spot fighting Prometheans or if that was done deliberately to show off the new features.

Seemed like Vale needing revived was purposely allowed to happen. If you're playing solo, you can just go revive her yourself I'd imagine, or send another, but I don't think she's going to need revived in that exact spot every playthrough, or any playthrough. Just a matter of happenstance, but for e3 they set it up in a way that it was going to happen. Since 4 players were playing live, someone had to make her walk to that exact spot so she'd get hit and fall down.

The AR thing makes me think Artemis will kinda be like detective mode in batman in a sort of sense, but less forced and more free form like when you're out in the city doing whatever you want. I could see there being an achievement for finding x# of objects with Artemis or finding every object to scan in a level, etc...

Just spittin' here haha. Could be totally wrong.

Madness

I may be in the minority here, but I would hate having to micro manage my group on the higher difficulties. What happens if Buck bleeds out, do I have to go on without him? What if I'm playing legendary and my ass is running away from these new Promethean soldiers, but Vale decides to be a hero and get downed in front of three of them?

I may be in the minority here, but I would hate having to micro manage my group on the higher difficulties. What happens if Buck bleeds out, do I have to go on without him? What if I'm playing legendary and my ass is running away from these new Promethean soldiers, but Vale decides to be a hero and get downed in front of three of them?

Yeah I'm very curious about this as well. When doing the Obligatory Lone Wolf Legendary playthrough, how much bravado will the AI have?

I could see it being that way- a squad member goes down and is on-a-knee until the current checkpoint or room is cleared then they will auto revive, unless I can get to them during the current fight. Hmm.

Tawpgun

the friendly AI struggle.

just put your jansport on

SaganIsGOAT

I believe in Tim Longo

Going through all the MCC campaigns legendary solo. Halo 3 is an absolute breeze after completing CE and especially 2. Like, it's almost as if I am playing on heroic, deathless runs are actually happening. On the other hand, Halo 2 Gravemind felt like I was playing the Halo version of Edge of Tomorrow. But damn, if it isn't teeth grinding and fist clenching good fun. That final fight against Tartarus, WHEN WILL HE DIE! Also, the Flood are a hell of a lot more scary in 2 than they are in 3. It's also the first time that I said 'fuck it' on Quarantine Zone and actually ran the gauntlet as far as I could in the Spectre, and it actually worked.

Sort of torn on the Flood. Sometimes I can't stand them at all, especially if they are wielding rockets. But on the other hand, there's something exhilarating about kiting a bunch of Flood with your shotgun while your ammo counter steadily declines and they just keep coming at you.

Also, the three way fights are always awesome to watch and that's what I definitely missed in Halo 4. The Prometheans first went to town on Jul's forces, but then they started working together.. I actually hope the Forerunner forces in Halo 5 consider everything a threat, not just humans.

The bit with buck using the launcher on the Phaeton and the AR scan seem optional. Obviously the bridge collapse is scripted as is the warden (I think the warden won't be in the final build)

I'm going to have a tonne of fun trying to break those sections.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

oh god, i'm having gears of war flashbacks. someone help me

I believe in Tim Longo

Pretty much this. Not saying that Republic Commando didn't have its fair share of this, but they were still more useful than 90% of the friendly AI I've come across, especially if you took the time to make sure everybody got into cover before the fight started.

Found a new Warzone gameplay video, and the Magnum's Smart Scope has a glitch at one point (about 50 seconds in). The gameplay itself is pretty average, but it's like 16 minutes long and covers a good amount of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wTs0N2VJM

Also, the Banshee seems to have some sort of shield system where when it breaks, bubbles come out.

Well MCC was super broken at launch, obviously that affects the playerbase/audience. Dedicated servers are 20x better than what we have had in the past.

I still wonder if they will have a non-delayed spectator mode for Custom Games. Would really defeat the point, if you are watching a tournament and the game is finished, but spectator mode is still going for 2 minutes.

What is this? Delayed what?

The Flash

Banned
Pretty much this. Not saying that Republic Commando didn't have its fair share of this, but they were still more useful than 90% of the friendly AI I've come across, especially if you took the time to make sure everybody got into cover before the fight started.

Republic Commando is just god tier all around. Well, it's not perfect but it's reeeeeally good.

singhr1

What is this? Delayed what?

Spectator mode isn't exactly "live" but its as live as you can get. There is a short delay between what players are actually doing and what spectator mode is presenting because of the processing of data on the servers and then presenting that data to players watching. We don't know what the final product's delay will be yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom