• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

So what's every one of you Americans doing for 4th of July?

Getting hammered with my buddies right now. Might get on for some MCC later if anybody is interested?

I was optimistic about Halo 5 before it was cool

d5a8e39a441a40e64fe2c59e14a048c8.jpg

So what's every one of you Americans doing for 4th of July?

Getting hammered with my buddies right now. Might get on for some MCC later if anybody is interested?

I'm...I'm doing a summer school programming project. 343 please hire.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
I saw, but the fact that no one noticed it and corrected it before the community complained about it bothers me.

We put out a beta almost a year from release.

There were TONS of things we weren't happy with internally at the time. It was honestly one of the hardest things for the team to take on. Everyone wants things to be perfect before fans get hands-on. That's just not possible midway through development.

There were TONS of things we weren't happy with internally at the time. It was honestly one of the hardest things for the team to take on. Everyone wants things to be perfect before fans get hands-on. That's just not possible midway through development.

Betas should always be 100% perfect products and if you had to learn anything from them being released then you've failed as a developer.

Or so I've learned from the Internet.

Ghazi

Fair enough, I won't pretend to understand what that's like. It probably wasn't ok to make that assumption. I'm glad you guys fixed it, though, and here's to hoping you continue to improve the game in ways like that during the lead up to launch.

Another beta might not hurt ;)

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Quite enjoyed the game informer podcast actually, both the halves with Josh Holmes and Tim Longo as well as Jaime and Marty.

You can tell Josh and Tim probably weren't too keen to discuss the omission of split screen and armor customization, although the affirmation of dozens and dozens of sets and helmets being available with more coming post launch eased any tension I had to be honest - If there's more legacy sets like NOBLE or Mark V (hopefully) then i'll be 100% happy customization wise.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Have you seen the speed run of this level where some guy launches a plasma with a frag and sends the plasma to the top of one of those platforms to knock a banshee off so he can fly through the level?

God bless Halo CE.
Seriously. I love the physics in that game. The plasma grenades in the Halo 5 beta could launch weapons around ala CE, right? How effective was it?
I'm still kicking myself for not playing the beta...

You can tell Josh and Tim probably weren't too keen to discuss the omission of split screen and armor customization, although the affirmation of dozens and dozens of sets and helmets being available with more coming post launch eased any tension I had to be honest - If there's more legacy sets like NOBLE or Mark V (hopefully) then i'll be 100% happy customization wise.
Wait, what's going on with armor customization? It'll be included just like normal, but not at launch?

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
Wait, what's going on with armor customization? It'll be included just like normal, but not at launch?

Sadly, the armor customization, according to a tweet from Josh, is limited to helmet, visor, and body. So it seems that things like shoulders/legs/accessories are not going to be options to change. I'd imagine this is to have more for all the other game goodies.

They're supposedly going to keep armor skins, and then the obvious weapon skins and options. I've not seen anything dealing with emblem customization (I've always wanted more options for emblems than just one emblem in one pre-determined location).

been playing quite a bit of mcc and its clear as day to me that despite some mis-steps, halo has really improved from one iteration to the next. as far as multiplayer movement and gunplay goes, its halo 4 (in its current state, without ordinance and weapon balances) > (reach?) > halo 3 > halo 2 > halo ce. the older games feel so fucking clunky compared to halo 4. and sprint is a good thing. sorry haters.

Sprint is a make or break feature now. If you don't have it, it's not relevant. I've been playing Destiny endlessly, and anytime I go back to anything other than Halo 4, it feels like mud. Not to say anything negative about past halo games as I enjoy them all, but sprint is just.. Fantastic.

Madness

Sprint is a make or break feature now. If you don't have it, it's not relevant. I've been playing Destiny endlessly, and anytime I go back to anything other than Halo 4, it feels like mud. Not to say anything negative about past halo games as I enjoy them all, but sprint is just.. Fantastic.

I think it's because you're comparing to Destiny right after or close to when playing? Inevitable after you play a lot, but for a while I played nothing but H2A after the h5 beta ended, at first, I kept wishing I could clamber or sprint, but soon easily forgot about the other stuff as I got used to what was there.

Though this comment and the Destiny ADS comment, come on Wesley lol...

King Leo

Neo Member
Just heard there won't be any Flood in H5. I don't get it. Aren't they the ultimate enemy? The inevitible conclusion? Testers of the mantle?

They're kind of a huge deal to just toss aside like that, especially with only one more game to go in the Reclaimer trilogy. Unless I've missed something..

thenexus6

I was watching some more Warzone gameplay when I realised there is no announcer calling out everything. Will he just be absent for Warzone or make it to full game? Maybe they've not done that audio yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching some more Warzone gameplay when I realised there is no announcer calling out everything. Will he just be absent for Warzone or make it to full game? Maybe they've not done that audio yet.
Apparently he's not in Warzone. It might be about wanting players to listen to Palmer's announcements regarding bosses and stuff.

Just heard there won't be any Flood in H5. I don't get it. Aren't they the ultimate enemy? The inevitible conclusion? Testers of the mantle?

They're kind of a huge deal to just toss aside like that, especially with only one more game to go in the Reclaimer trilogy. Unless I've missed something..

IDK man. I'm really disappointed that the flood will be absent yet again too. However, they did say there is a new threat. Whether that is just the guardian bird/menace/thingy or something new entirely--I don't know.

Omni

If it was a hog run you'd probably say "another hog run 343? Do something new instead of just relying on bungie's ideas"

2 hog runs were enough.

No, I wouldn't. Haha. Hog runs are fun. Would have been a nice throwback to the original games in a campaign that - at least IMO - took a few too many liberties. Whole opening to that level felt like it was from Star Wars, not a Halo game.

Was this posted yet? Amazon updated the cover for the Halo 5 art book:
According to their data, the book will be 208pages long and have a forward by Sparth and an introduction by Frankie.
That's cool. 343i has always made some awesome art. Since I'm cancelling my collector's edition of Halo 5, I might look into this with the money I'm saving.

-Ryn

Banned
Nope nope nope nope.

Look Wes, sprint can be cool, but like any other mechanic it has its place. A game not having sprint does not make the game less relevant. Making a game with shoehorned features that hurt the quality of the game will make it less relevant. I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys sprint in Halo and even I was hoping it would be am optional feature limited to larger scale battles in matchmaking and campaign.

Adding things into your game to be relevant is dumb anyway. Do it because it works well with your game and you think it would be a fun thing to have.

Sadly, the armor customization, according to a tweet from Josh, is limited to helmet, visor, and body. So it seems that things like shoulders/legs/accessories are not going to be options to change. I'd imagine this is to have more for all the other game goodies.

They're supposedly going to keep armor skins, and then the obvious weapon skins and options. I've not seen anything dealing with emblem customization (I've always wanted more options for emblems than just one emblem in one pre-determined location).
LAAAAAAAAAAAME.

I have yet to watch the whole interview but did they say it will come later at least? Why are we going backwards?

jelly

The music elevates the warthog runs and trench run. I don't think they are particularly special levels.

I wish there was a no vehicle damage skull, different physics or custom option so we can mess about more in campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom