• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DF thread when the release game inevitably drops below 60fps is gonna be something. VinFTW and Wesley will have their hands full during damage control against all the "after all the LAN/split Screen/feature cutbacks, dynamic sub-900p rez, and the MCC disaster, they STILL can't even do a locked 60fps!?!? lazy/incompetent devs 3 strikes you out 343 rip Halo is dad doesn't even look that good BF shits on this"

The Flash

Banned
The DF thread when the release game inevitably drops below 60fps is gonna be something. VinFTW and Wesley will have their hands full during damage control against all the "after all the LAN/split Screen/feature cutbacks, dynamic sub-900p rez, and the MCC disaster, they STILL can't even do a locked 60fps!?!? lazy/incompetent devs 3 strikes you out 343 rip Halo is dad doesn't even look that good BF shits on this"

The only console game that I'm aware of that's like dead locked 60fps is Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

VinFTW

Why do you include me in this shit?

There's a difference between defending every decision 343 makes and being frustrated over joke posts and shit posts.

If the final game isn't 60fps you can count me in the 'disappointed crowd'. Talk to me when the final game hits, till then, keep doing you and being the coolest cat on HaloGAF

Does no one recall me leading the riot when the first H5 footage leaked?

Fuck, come on now JC, you can't compare me to Wesley... :'(

Overdoziz

Banned
Spectator mode isn't exactly "live" but its as live as you can get. There is a short delay between what players are actually doing and what spectator mode is presenting because of the processing of data on the servers and then presenting that data to players watching. We don't know what the final product's delay will be yet though.
because of processing of data on the servers
lololololololol

Elite Slayer Multiteam >

200.gif

Nowise10

That DF article on gaming side

"Hey guys lets argue about the resolution of preview builds"

smh

Halo 4 campaign is fun

Considering It is July and 343 haven't spoke a peep about resolution, It is a pretty fair sign that it may not be 1080p come October in 3 months. I would actually be surprised it it was 1080p when it launches. I expect it'll be like what Battlefield does, where its like 900p or something.

VinFTW

Considering It is July and 343 haven't spoke a peep about resolution, It is a pretty fair sign that it may not be 1080p come October in 3 months. I would actually be surprised it it was 1080p when it launches. I expect it'll be like what Battlefield does, where its like 900p or something.

It won't be 1080p. No way.

MAYBE 900p/60, maybe even lower.

daedalius

Except they did, frank and josh both said not to draw performance conclusions from those builds.

That doesn't necessarily mean much, but I've been told plenty of times in the past that most performance pass stuff comes pretty late in the dev cycle.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being whatever halo 2 anniversary was. But if it's full 1080p then I'll be pleasantly surprised

RoKKeR

Hoping for 900, expecting dynamic that averages lower. There's just a lot goin on for it to be much higher in the resolution department.

I don't care, as long as it's not totally ass-looking and it's big and open.

I remember Halo 3 getting a lot of shit about the jaggies. Pfft, the Covenant and the Ark blow my socks off still today.

No matter what resolution the game runs at, I hope 343 (and most other devs for that matter) do not listen to this "30fps SP 60fps MP" BS. That jarring difference between two different modes in the same game would put me off way more than a resolution like 720p. Same frame rate should be used across the board, and that frame rate should be 60fps for Halo from now on.

Obviously it's not a concern for this game. Halo 5's SP isn't going to be all of a sudden locked at 30fps. But I hope this isn't something they consider for future games.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's alright, I'll play it occasionally if I want to mix it up. However, for the most part I just avoid it.
Back in the Reach days I had periods where I'd play nothing but SWAT for weeks. Somehow I loved it, even with shitastic full bloom DMR. I definitely can't play it all the time, though. Normal 4v4 is my OTP.

Battlefield and Battlefront (according to the E3 footage) are only 900p on PS4.

Both Battlefield games run at 720p on XboxOne...

Back in the Reach days I had periods where I'd play nothing but SWAT for weeks. Somehow I loved it, even with shitastic full bloom DMR. I definitely can't play it all the time, though. Normal 4v4 is my OTP.

I also played a lot of SWAT in Reach, I remember because everyone always voted for The Cage.

Hoping for 900, expecting dynamic that averages lower. There's just a lot goin on for it to be much higher in the resolution department.

that's where I am

accept your dynamic sub-900p overlords right now and you won't be disappointed, even when the framerate inevitably drops below 60 despite claims otherwise

VinFTW

that's where I am

accept your dynamic sub-900p overlords right now and you won't be disappointed, even when the framerate inevitably drops below 60 despite claims otherwise

It's probably stupid to expect a locked 60, but I really hope they exceed my expectations on that front.

I'd be MUCH more upset to see anything in the low 50's than seeing <900p res.

After h3's shitastic netcode and br, reach swat was amazing.

I expect it to be 1080p and drop to 900 at worst.

Your point being? Halo 5 isn't battlefield and 343 isn't DICE. Jumping to these conclusions based on other games is a pretty weak argument.

I just corrected what Nowise thought. Whats your mission now?

Uhm Halo tries to push more players Online now and the only game you can compare that with is the Battlefield series.

The Flash

Banned
It's can be frustrating because it really just comes down to who sees the other person first. If some has the drop on you, you're pretty much boned, unless they just have terrible aim.

I'm that person with terrible aim. I'm normally okay but SWAT stresses me out and I do worse because of it.

Do you guys think there will be another HCS tournament with Halo 5 at gamescom? I really wonder how everything is going to work with Specator mode etc.
I hope the Spectator mode has some neat overlays like in CoD.

Nowise10

I just corrected what Nowise thought. Whats your mission now?

Uhm Halo tries to push more players Online now and the only game you can compare that with is the Battlefield series.

Yeah what I meant with my statement, that Halo 5 was just going to be 900p, rather then 720p, or 1080p. I could've probably taken Battlefield out of my sentence.

I understand and empathize with the debate about graphics and such... But art aesthetic and style have the biggest impact for me when it comes to making something visually appealing. I'm not sure if Halo 5 will be a rock solid 60fps because of the performance problems in the MCC campaigns, but the art in Halo 1 and 2 just really pop for me. Halo 1's original graphics are still charming to me (despite the MCC version being the visually gimped PC variant).

So far Halo 5's art looks pretty nice and visually consistent. Even the forge pieces had a nice clean look to them. Halo 5 just had a clearer and cleaner aesthetic over Halo 4, which I appreciate a ton.

SaganIsGOAT

I understand and empathize with the debate about graphics and such... But art aesthetic and style have the biggest impact for me when it comes to making something visually appealing. I'm not sure if Halo 5 will be a rock solid 60fps because of the performance problems in the MCC campaigns, but the art in Halo 1 and 2 just really pop for me. Halo 1's original graphics are still charming to me (despite the MCC version being the visually gimped PC variant).

So far Halo 5's art looks pretty nice and visually consistent. Even the forge pieces had a nice clean look to them. Halo 5 just had a clearer and cleaner aesthetic over Halo 4, which I appreciate a ton.

Yeah I really liked the design of the campaign level they showed. Really cool art style coming through in Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom