• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowise10

Off-topic, but I got an Oculus Rift today, and oh my god everyone needs to experience this. Just sitting on this game where you are in a car ride is absolutely astonishing. Like its almost scary because i feel like I could touch touch the roof, or open the door.

TCKaos

Off-topic, but I got an Oculus Rift today, and oh my god everyone needs to experience this. Just sitting on this game where you are in a car ride is absolutely astonishing. Like its almost scary because i feel like I could touch touch the roof, or open the door.

Anything awesome yet? Or is it all tech demos (which I'd assume, given that it's an SDK and all).

Hopefully they fix the MCC first

630F531D-1400-4720-86E9-5BAEBDC9A4C2_zpso6tckvpr.jpg

From tonight ^
The Xbox One has nice lossless screenshots and you took an offscreen pic.

BlackJet

Mmmm Forward on to Dawn is sooo good compared to Nightfall. It just feels more important to the Halo series.

I finished watching and it felt like Lasky ended up being changed by what happened. It made his interaction with Chief in Halo 4 much more meaningful, and he's the only new character I actually cared about in the game.

After Nightfall it was like, "Hey we survived." I still have no reason to like Locke, other than the fact that he refused to kill the guys that were holding the group back. It doesn't explain how he ended up becoming a Spartan, which I was hoping would happen.

Unless the events of Nightfall somehow tie into Halo 5, it feels like the series was a waste of effort.

Yeah, we just got one at my work/school, it's pretty neat. Gonna try to learn as much Unity dev as possible this summer so we can start making stuff for experiments and... other stuff.

The salt in this thread is glorious.

Salty no, bitter; Very much yes.

could be worse, could've camped out in front of a target with your friends and wild storm appears a few hours after arriving.

Like for real, go give all this rain to California. Tired of my front and back yard looking like an old Vietnam movie set

TCKaos

Buck the trend. Pls. :)
Don't you dare.
Sorry, rookie mistake.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the dutch oven.
My dad gave my mom a dutch oven on their wedding night. True story. He's no romeo.
That's disgusting.

Keep it clean.
As long as he didn't have to slip her a mickey.

Captain-Planet-and-the-Planeteers.jpg

Yeah, we just got one at my work/school, it's pretty neat. Gonna try to learn as much Unity dev as possible this summer so we can start making stuff for experiments and... other stuff.

I know there are some textbooks that help teach C# through Unity. I could link you if you want. I tried it out a few months back, and by try out I mean stare at and then immediately give up and go back to GML.

TCKaos said:
I know there are some textbooks that help teach C# through Unity. I could link you if you want. I tried it out a few months back, and by try out I mean stare at and then immediately give up and go back to GML.

I've been meaning to learn UE4 this summer, especially now that it's free. Shootbang-that-shall-not-be-plcated-or-named is basically done on a conceptual level, I just need to learn how to video game.

Sure! Might be helpful, more programming knowledge is always good.

Will post pics of our Oculus setup soon(tm), so I can wallow in the proverbial jelly.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ke3wMS1.gif

Oh and we just got six more Oculus Rifts at work this week for a total of eight. Suck it.
If you have any questions about it or Unity feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thankfully Unity 5.1 is getting better Rift support to increase dat productivity.

Oh and we just got six more Oculus Rifts at work this week for a total of eight. Suck it.
If you have any questions about it or Unity feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thankfully Unity 5.1 is getting better Rift support to increase dat productivity.

Nice! We just ordered the second one but my advisor has fantasies of basically a VR lab... gotta get that grant $$$$ first though.

Thanks for the offer, I'm just waiting on our new computer next week to try to get Unity running. Going to be a busy summer/next four more years.

----

Um, Halo... so I was in the little Oculus demo that comes with the SDK and I literally forgot I could look around for a minute because I was using a 360 controller, and I'm waaaaay to used to using one for Halo.

SaganIsGOAT

Over the past few days, you may have seen ODST appearing in the Xbox Store with placeholder dates, as the Xbox team has been running final redemption tests. We’re currently working closely with the Xbox Live team to finalize exact timing and availability, and will provide an update once a final drop time is locked

Lol way to not even acknowledge missing your May target. Jesus

-Ryn

Banned
Kaos your father is a romantic genius. He knows what the ladies like.

Would Halo work well with VR? I think so. Especially with that Metroid immersion shit they've got goin as of late. Now multiplayer... competetive multiplayer and VR are an interesting situation I haven't seen talked about much. I wonder if they could mesh well?

If you bough and played MCC until Dec 19 you will get ODST for free. After that? Pay for it probably.
On my gad please yes. Just... lmao

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty stoked to replay ODST. It's been a while, and it's probably tied with CE as my favorite in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom