• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why did they change? And what happened to Saiyan?
They stopped winning. Carbon took over after they had dropped Strongside for Ghostayame. Carbon won 3 straight and took the 06 season. Final Boss picked up Strongside and never looked back. Saiyan played some of 07 but I believe retired not too long after. Think he went on Legendz?? Not sure, Cyren can correct me.

I would say for slayer purposes Snowbound is better than: The Cage, Boneyard, Pinnacle, Spire, Sword Base, and Paradiso. That does not include Forge maps and DLC.

That isn't to say that Snowbound is good, I would just vote for it before any of the above.

CyReN

They stopped winning. Carbon took over after they had dropped Strongside for Ghostayame. Carbon won 3 straight and took the 06 season. Final Boss picked up Strongside and never looked back. Saiyan played some of 07 but I believe retired not too long after. Think he went on Legendz?? Not sure, Cyren can correct me.

Never was on Legendz, I think you are thinking of Defy going to Legendz after leaving Str8 in 06'.

Beaver Creek had a neutral shotty right beneath the rocket arch in the little alcove in the creek, the teleporters were home to a PP and SMG (I think). Your point still stands, though.

Yeah the CE and H2 versions had one neutral shotty, it was just CA's "Reach" version of the map that they decided that a relatively small 4v4 map needed 7 power weapons.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good games. I like how I can hang back and just goof around while yall slaughter.

CyReN

I still want to see a king of Kong style documentary on halo mlg high-school drop outs.

I think T2 is the only that dropped out that I've publicity heard of, but he did go back to finish it. King of Kong is a pretty good movie, if you like that also check out "Chasing Ghosts Beyond The Arcade."

/mlgwiki

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
7tKYa.png

<3 <3 <3

Go back to Halo 3.

The grenades are amazing

Too bad the grenades are one of the few things that I like about Halo 3.

In all seriousness though, I think I could understand, if not necessarily agree with, just about every design decision in every Halo game, with the exception of Reach grenades. They are plain broken in just about any way to you look at them.

In all seriousness though, I think I could understand, if not necessarily agree with, just about every design decision in every Halo game, with the exception of Reach grenades. They are plain broken in just about any way to you look at them.

No no no...you've got it wrong. You're thinking of the beta grenades. After the beta Bungie said they were decreasing the effectiveness of grenades and reducing the amount that appeared on the map. They also made it easier to tell when a grenade was coming at you and/or landed near you.

So really there's nothing wrong with Reach's grenades. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reach's grenades are broken

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No no no...you've got it wrong. You're thinking of the beta grenades. After the beta Bungie said they were decreasing the effectiveness of grenades and reducing the amount that appeared on the map. They also made it easier to tell when a grenade was coming at you and/or landed near you.

So really there's nothing wrong with Reach's grenades. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reach's grenades are broken
RjwGG.gif

I actually like strong grenades in theory.

Strong grenades are able to flush people out, prevent you from losing some shields and then just hiding to regain them, keep people on the move. It should speed the game up. That is of course, based on the fact that you can actually get out of the way of the grenades. In Reach, you have a combination of limited movement options, and the fuse time on the grenades is by far the shortest in the series. That just doesn't make any sense. That aspect fundamentally changed the use of grenades from every previous Halo game (including CE's, which were immensely powerful, but they had a very long fuse, and you could move) from the ultimate tool to flush players out and keep people on the move to the most powerful killing tool in your arsenal. That is a change that I think almost everyone can agree on, is not a welcome one.

heckfu

Banned
I actually like strong grenades in theory.

Strong grenades are able to flush people out, prevent you from losing some shields and then just hiding to regain them, keep people on the move. It should speed the game up. That is of course, based on the fact that you can actually get out of the way of the grenades. In Reach, you have a combination of limited movement options, and the fuse time on the grenades is by far the shortest in the series. That just doesn't make any sense. That aspect fundamentally changed the use of grenades from every previous Halo game (including CE's, which were immensely powerful, but they had a very long fuse, and you could move) from the ultimate tool to flush players out and keep people on the move to the most powerful killing tool in your arsenal. That is a change that I think almost everyone can agree on, is not a welcome one.

Another episode of "Great In Theory, Poor-Ass Execution" starring Bungie.

I actually saw TU Elite Slayer as a voting option... we're doomed :(

I don't get how anyone could get vanilla slayer (AR starts) over TU slayer, fuck you armor lock abusers!

Nutter

uhh what?

Narrows and Construct are great maps. They got ruined by either Radar or Bungie fucking with the spawns post launch.

I mostly just associate your bad taste in maps to you not playing much of Halo 2.

If you had, you would never equate ok maps to being great maps.

Backwash was better than both Construct and Narrows and that is one of the lesser known maps from Halo 2.

Also what is Elite Slayer doing being the main choice for TU tonight? I guess 343i likes to troll their fan-base as much as Bungle did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom