• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to create a YouTube channel wherein I post wild speculation based on the activities of other Halo-related YouTube channels.

I have the perfect name for it:

Halo 4 Follower Follower

zap

I want to create a YouTube channel wherein I post wild speculation based on the activities of other Halo-related YouTube channels.

I have the perfect name for it:

Halo 4 Follower Follower

dIvY8.gif

I would watch that

Booshka

LoL at least I'm not so butthurt I stopped playing hard games.

Besides I' m a support player, cant expect me to play 1v1s.

Any Reach player that is worth a damn knows they need to ADAPT their playstyle to fit a given situation. In this case, 1v1's, sounds like you need a lesson in Adaption.

j-wood

Hey Halo GAF...i'm about to get back into Reach multiplayer since I bought the Halo anniversary.

I already had the Noble map pack, but is the second one worth it? Trying to decide between it or the map pack for gears 3

Redford

aka Cabbie
Hey Halo GAF...i'm about to get back into Reach multiplayer since I bought the Halo anniversary.

I already had the Noble map pack, but is the second one worth it? Trying to decide between it or the map pack for gears 3

Considering you'll never get a chance to see it in matchmaking, along with Noble, I'd say pass on Defiant.

There's always a sale at some point where you can get it for half the MSP.

j-wood

I have noticed that noble maps never seem to come up on matchmaking...why? Team slayer always seems to be the same 3 forge maps...am I doing something wrong?

Booshka

I have noticed that noble maps never seem to come up on matchmaking...why? Team slayer always seems to be the same 3 forge maps...am I doing something wrong?

No Matchmaking is.

I only worry about having DLC for GAF Customs, luckily I have had some very nice HaloGAF members give me some DLC codes.

I don't know what you guys are always on about, we got tons of DLC in Team Slayer tonight. Condemned, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, and Solitary all showed up, multiple times too.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I don't know what you guys are always on about, we got tons of DLC in Team Slayer tonight. Condemned, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, and Solitary all showed up, multiple times too.

Lucky. I loved the NMP, probably my most enjoyed map pack since Heroic.

Btw, does anyone know if the health pack holders on Timberland are permanently placed?

j-wood

Are those maps all based on the forge environment? The map I see pretty much every single round is the one where there are like 3 towers and a big grass patch in the middle with kind of a crater. Can't remember the name of it, but it's pretty much every round.

Yup we got tons of DLC, it shows up you guys are just crazy. Its there, may I suggest partying up with teammates that have it that way you can at least control the 4 players you have having it.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Are those maps all based on the forge environment? The map I see pretty much every single round is the one where there are like 3 towers and a big grass patch in the middle with kind of a crater. Can't remember the name of it, but it's pretty much every round.

:lol, that's a terrible excuse for Ascension you are seeing there. :p

j-wood

:lol, that's a terrible excuse for Ascension you are seeing there. :p

That's it. I'm so tired of that map...every time i try matchmaking that's what pulled up.

I'm also burnt out on the "forge environment". The only other two maps I've played are basically a lobby level, and one that is basically two fort. Those are rare.

Good game guys! Team 1 is awesome team, btw that game lasted 74.5 mins.

1329005826011.jpg
You are playing Halo: Wars without me? Oh come on. I know when I'm unwanted.

Thankfully, I snagged ncsuDuncan before my little brother went to college.

-------
I don't want a straight port/remake of Halo 2 like CEA. Would they keep all of the glitches? Or pick and choose? No matter what you choose, the game wouldn't play exactly like the old version (or how I remember the old version, at least).

I wouldn't be averse to a retelling of Halo 2's story though. Give me a remake of the campaign with the latest Halo engine, full online co-op and everything. Add in gameplay elements that pay homage to the original, but by all means don't worry about being pixel perfect like CEA.

And give us the Forerunner Ship ending that bridges it with Halo 3.
Yep. I agree. But with Halo 2 gameplay? No. The Gameplay wasn't great in SP. And that would create a new problem.

Is the TS jackpot 50k or 30k? Juices and I have both hit 30k but we both thought it was 50.
It's 50k.

Learn how to link to HaloWaypoint stats. You have less than 2months to learn! :p

Shut your whore mouth.

Also just quit a timberlands game, stop giving me fucking idiots.

Ugh another slayer game on timberlands. Why slayer on this fucking map, why. God can this game please get someone who actually makes gametypes and maps that fit together.

If you want to guarantee that you play DLC, the Squad DLC playlist is the place to do it, but it does require the Noble and Defiant Map Packs.

If you want to guarantee that you play DLC, the Squad DLC playlist is the place to do it, but it does require the Noble and Defiant Map Packs.
Squad DLC
Game Types:

Team Slayer
Team Slayer DMRs
Team Sniper
Elite Slayer
Team Slayer Pro
One Flag
Multi-flag
Invasion
Crazy King
Neutral Bomb
Stockpile

I don't see TU there. :p
That's why you have to do it before they get out of the dropship.
I think he fears to jump down.

FyreWulff

Squad DLC
Game Types:

Team Slayer
Team Slayer DMRs
Team Sniper
Elite Slayer
Team Slayer Pro
One Flag
Multi-flag
Invasion
Crazy King
Neutral Bomb
Stockpile

I don't see TU there. :p

I think he fears to jump down.

Anniversary Classic
Anniversary Squad
Anniversary BTB
Anniversary FFA

I see plenty of TU DLC, even though the poster wasn't asking about the TU.

You are playing Halo: Wars without me? Oh come on. I know when I'm unwanted.
ken_feelbro.png

I've been trying to 1000/1000 the Halo Wars achievables and nobody's ever been online to help. ;_;

That last part of Keyes on legendary was so fucking hard. I think I spent 30 minutes alone trying to get into that stupid Banshee. But got my 1000 GS :D

Throw a grenade towards the black Elites to make them evade away and grab the Banshee. Done.

...or 50. I think I'm going to wait to do a "genuine" Legendary playthrough co-op with one of my friends right before Halo 4, so in the meantime I've just been going through the levels Solo Legendary, 5 skulls on to get the Achievements. Keyes in particular actually isn't too bad, just keep Shotgun and either AR, Pistol or Sniper, and spam grenades. All you really need is a single grunt to die, which makes it explode, which kills the other grunts, which makes them explode, etc. And then start spamming Frags to pick off the stragglers.

PnZQE.jpg

Master Chief can never catch a break! Halo 4, from Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries, tosses the MC back into the heat of battle in the first game of an all-new Halo trilogy. Of course, what would Toy Fair 2012 be without toys, so we here at MTV Geek are excited to be bringing you this exclusive first look at Frozen Master Chief with Cryotube from Halo 4 and the fine folks over at McFarlane Toys!

Read on for all the info on the this Deluxe figure, plus the entire range of upcoming Halo 4 toys.

Stranded in deep space at the end of Halo 3, Master Chief entered a Cryotube aboard the ship Forward Unto Dawn, telling his artificial intelligence companion, Cortana, to "wake me, when you need me." Halo 4 begins with Master Chief waking up ready to face new threats and mysteries.

Cryotube is approximately 9 inches tall and features a working door and a custom angled base. The Master Chief figure in this set features a light coating of frost and ice crystals; remnants of his hibernation between games. Figure also comes with an all-new weapon making its debut in Halo 4!

This fall, Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries are releasing Halo 4, the highly anticipated video game expected to be one of the top entertainment launches of 2012. McFarlane Toys is proud to announce that its best-selling line of Halo action figures continues this fall as well, with figures from Halo 4.

Halo 4 brings back the most popular character of the Halo universe, the Master Chief, and kicks off an all-new trilogy of games. Dubbed the "Reclaimer Trilogy" by 343 Industries, these new games explore the characters of the Master Chief and Cortana, expand the Halo fiction in bold new ways and bring even more of the innovation that the Halo series is known for to the gaming world. McFarlane Toys Halo 4 action figures bring the all-new characters, weapons and vehicles of Halo 4 to video-game fans and action-figure collectors worldwide.

Action figure collectors can expect the same quality and attention to detail in the Halo 4 line that they've come to expect from McFarlane toys. The Halo 4 figure series continues in the 6-inch size introduced with their Halo: Reach figures. They're also introducing a series of larger, boxed figures. These deluxe items are in scale with their 6-inch figures, but include larger accessories, such as Master Chief's Cryotube.

McFarlane Toys is part of a select group of licensees with Halo 4 products available at game launch. Halo 4 Series 1 kicks off this August with four carded figures and one boxed figure set, and expands to include even more figures later in the fall.

Halo fans can see more exclusive Halo images debuting at NY Toy Fair on Waypoint!

Stay tuned to MTV Geek! for all your Halo 4 and McFarlane Toys coverage from Toy Fair 2012!
http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/12...ive-halo-4-figure-reveal-from-mcfarlane-toys/

Somehow I like the Chief action figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom