• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT- FUCK. beaten. Ill quote Hypers instead. =P

PnZQE.jpg

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/12...ive-halo-4-figure-reveal-from-mcfarlane-toys/

Master Chief can never catch a break! Halo 4, from Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries, tosses the MC back into the heat of battle in the first game of an all-new Halo trilogy. Of course, what would Toy Fair 2012 be without toys, so we here at MTV Geek are excited to be bringing you this exclusive first look at Frozen Master Chief with Cryotube from Halo 4 and the fine folks over at McFarlane Toys!

Read on for all the info on the this Deluxe figure, plus the entire range of upcoming Halo 4 toys.

Stranded in deep space at the end of Halo 3, Master Chief entered a Cryotube aboard the ship Forward Unto Dawn, telling his artificial intelligence companion, Cortana, to "wake me, when you need me." Halo 4 begins with Master Chief waking up ready to face new threats and mysteries.

Cryotube is approximately 9 inches tall and features a working door and a custom angled base. The Master Chief figure in this set features a light coating of frost and ice crystals; remnants of his hibernation between games. Figure also comes with an all-new weapon making its debut in Halo 4!

This fall, Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries are releasing Halo 4, the highly anticipated video game expected to be one of the top entertainment launches of 2012. McFarlane Toys is proud to announce that its best-selling line of Halo action figures continues this fall as well, with figures from Halo 4.

Halo 4 brings back the most popular character of the Halo universe, the Master Chief, and kicks off an all-new trilogy of games. Dubbed the "Reclaimer Trilogy" by 343 Industries, these new games explore the characters of the Master Chief and Cortana, expand the Halo fiction in bold new ways and bring even more of the innovation that the Halo series is known for to the gaming world. McFarlane Toys Halo 4 action figures bring the all-new characters, weapons and vehicles of Halo 4 to video-game fans and action-figure collectors worldwide.

Action figure collectors can expect the same quality and attention to detail in the Halo 4 line that they've come to expect from McFarlane toys. The Halo 4 figure series continues in the 6-inch size introduced with their Halo: Reach figures. They're also introducing a series of larger, boxed figures. These deluxe items are in scale with their 6-inch figures, but include larger accessories, such as Master Chief's Cryotube.

McFarlane Toys is part of a select group of licensees with Halo 4 products available at game launch. Halo 4 Series 1 kicks off this August with four carded figures and one boxed figure set, and expands to include even more figures later in the fall.

Halo fans can see more exclusive Halo images debuting at NY Toy Fair on Waypoint!

Stay tuned to MTV Geek! for all your Halo 4 and McFarlane Toys coverage from Toy Fair 2012!

Somehow I like the Chief action figure.

cryotube-wm.jpg

So he still looks a little odd, but its hard to judge off a 6in scale toy. I like the design, im just trying to see if I like it as MC. One way or another its dead sexy. Someone should make comparison pics of the possible changes.

Also, this stood out-

Halo fans can see more exclusive Halo images debuting at NY Toy Fair on Waypoint!
I wonder what else we may see.. Not much I suspect, but we may get some small details, such as what the weapon name may be. Or maybe a look at Cortana.

Provided Chief's customizable (or at least upgrades further into the story like we've hoped), I think the action figure is gorgeous, minus the codpiece/waist. It really makes him look more like this pragmatic scavenger marooned on the Forerunner planet rather than the known-by-everyone, space opera badass we're used to. The lighter armor really makes him seem a bit more frail, and somehow deeper than the Chief we're used to (in the games, at least).

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm gonna try and adjust Asylum a bit so everything is aligned better and maybe even apply some other improvements without touching the budget too much.
The guy who Forged it clearly had no idea what he was doing. None of the objects are set to coordinates (and there are gaps between objects everywhere) and some objects aren't even set to phased but are set to normal physics. Also, the structures are made up of blocks that don't fit together at all.

Btw. Guys! PAX EAST PLANS ARE BACK ONLINE WOOT!

Lol, did they change the codpiece?

I was about to add the source, but wanted to double check that I wasn't beaten while staring at its sexyness. I was. Damn you. Haha
I see what you did. :p

So he still looks a little odd, but its hard to judge off a 6in scale toy. I like the design, im just trying to see if I like it as MC. One way or another its dead sexy. Someone should make comparison pics of the possible changes.

Also, this stood out-

I wonder what else we may see.. Not much I suspect, but we may get some small details, such as what the weapon name may be. Or maybe a look at Cortana.
The article says images and not products. You are hoping too much again, young paderwan. But as a master I can be wrong too.

Damn! Chief lose some weight while in the cryotube.
Sculpt looks great but it's still E3's ugly chief :(

Only thing I really like are the legs and boots.

I'm gonna try and adjust Asylum a bit so everything is aligned better and maybe even apply some other improvements without touching the budget too much.
The guy who Forged it clearly had no idea what he was doing. None of the objects are set to coordinates (and there are gaps between objects everywhere) and some objects aren't even set to phased but are set to normal physics. Also, the structures are made up of blocks that don't fit together at all.

Don't forget to fix the damn Z-fighting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
His crotch looks like shriveled remains. Of what, I don't know.

Shoulders indicate booster pack to me.

I just noticed, did anyone else realize his helmet looks a bit more like a natural extension of the Rogue
157px-RogueArmor.png

helmet, rather than the Mark VI?

Overdoziz

Banned
Biggest problem I have with the armor is that I feel like all the armor pieces look like they're tacked on the black suit rather than it looking like one complete piece of armor like in previous Halos.

GhaleonEB

MasterChief_lobbing_grenade_1.jpg

Compared with the Chief from Halo 2/3, his belly looks a bit exposed. And his helmet looks a little bit wider from that angle.

Yeah I really don't like the middle bar, rather than having it be an extension of the chest armor. It just looks like a smiley face, and sorta goofy. Still, it's a sign things are ramping up. Can't wait to see more.

Played some CEA today, Truth and Reconciliation, up to where we get into the ship. Still have every moment of the game memorized, which makes it a bit boring, sadly. I just played it too much back in the day.

I don't know what you guys are always on about, we got tons of DLC in Team Slayer tonight. Condemned, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, and Solitary all showed up, multiple times too.

I don't think I've ever played a DLC map in TS.

Yup we got tons of DLC, it shows up you guys are just crazy. Its there, may I suggest partying up with teammates that have it that way you can at least control the 4 players you have having it.

When we played on Friday night, we never had a DLC map show up and we had a full team or nearly full for whatever playlist we moved to.

Is that a dick on his left shin? Are you high? lol wtf is going on

I thought they looked more like exaggerated horse faces. The dick is the teeth, the surrounding black is the gums. It looks better on the right shin. And yeah no lol, if I was high the faces would have been drawn at like half opacity, Tom Morello would have been scrawled in the corner, and I would have posted ":lol :lol :lol" after every sentence.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
For the price range, that figure looks like quality stuff.

Still though, I just don't know. That figure is not selling me on Chief's new look. He looks like a rejected Spartan 3 model from Reach rather than the stoic hero we all know and love.

The older promo image showing the Chief does it much better justice - hopefully the new marketing stuff is in that vein.

Also looking forward to the eventual Kai Arts statue. That should look badass.

feel

Damn that Armor/Model looks so disappointing. Looks like some random tryhard Spartan noone cares about from planet Reach, and not THE fucking Chief.

For the price range, that figure looks like quality stuff.

Still though, I just don't know. That figure is not selling me on Chief's new look. He looks like a rejected Spartan 3 model from Reach rather than the stoic hero we all know and love.

The older promo image showing the Chief does it much better justice - hopefully the new marketing stuff is in that vein.

Also looking forward to the eventual Kai Arts statue. That should look badass.

Agreed, I wonder what the complete chief will look like? I don't really see the need for such a drastic change.

Masterchief.jpg

I think you guys need to remember that we've got several Metroid Prime members on board here. Chief upgrading later into the story would be entirely possible. Just as an example, Samus's basic armor is pretty light and basic:
265px-Powersuit.jpg

But then you have more powerful stuff like
Hazard_Shield_75.png

640px-Save_Station_Primr.png

So Chief could have some way more badass suit (remember Spark's mention of Combat Skins in CE/CEA?) later along the line for all we know.

Even with a 50,000cR jackpot, Team Slayer is being edged out by Living Dead (10,400 to 10,515). People really like that playlist..

Why? Easy Multikills?

Its not like they get the Survival/Horror Aspects from it that you can get from L4D for example.

Not sure about you guys but camping in one spot waiting to be last man and/or running around with crazy jump hight and only melee weapons while campers pop me in the head with pistols from their super legit hide and seek spot or the soft barrier abusing unreachable ledges is NOT my idea of fun.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think you guys need to remember that we've got several Metroid Prime members on board here. Chief upgrading later into the story would be entirely possible. Just as an example, Samus's basic armor is pretty light and basic:

So Chief could have some way more badass suit (remember Spark's mention of Combat Skins in CE/CEA?) later along the line for all we know.

I'm just calling it as I see it. This is all we have so far to go without making any further assumptions.

I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. When the marketing machine starts and we get our first look at the final designs, and not just some images of a $10 toy, things might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom