• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooly D

Would there be any interest here in an ULTRA MLG team tournament? Or possibly just weekly throwdowns?

For those who aren't acquainted with ULTRA MLG, it's just a flat rectangular arena in which two people spawn and DMRs fall from the sky while everyone else in the game is forced to spectate. 1000% shields, melees do 0% damage, no Armor Abilities, zero bloom.

For the team aspect, I was thinking of whatever it's called when one person from Team 1 fights one person from Team A, the loser gets eliminated, and the loser's team puts up another team member until one team runs out of dudes.

I'm testing the waters here rather than HBO because ULTRA MLG basically exemplifies everything HBO hates about competitive Halo. I think it's a lot of fun, though, especially under pressure.

I really like CMT's work, Sadly iv lost contact with all the people i used to talk to who worked on the project.

My only gripe is i dont like some of the .... design choices.

The SMG looks plain bad and other things like the plasma pistol that fires like a shotgun just dont sit well with me.

If it was a straight Update to Halo 1 encompassing elements of the canon from future games like the carbine and such aswell as a visual update id be alot more receptive.

Ill give it a download and im sure ill enjoy it but still.

Would there be any interest here in an ULTRA MLG team tournament? Or possibly just weekly throwdowns?

For those who aren't acquainted with ULTRA MLG, it's just a flat rectangular arena in which two people spawn and DMRs fall from the sky while everyone else in the game is forced to spectate. 1000% shields, melees do 0% damage, no Armor Abilities, zero bloom.

For the team aspect, I was thinking of whatever it's called when one person from Team 1 fights one person from Team A, the loser gets eliminated, and the loser's team puts up another team member until one team runs out of dudes.

I'm testing the waters here rather than HBO because ULTRA MLG basically exemplifies everything HBO hates about competitive Halo. I think it's a lot of fun, though, especially under pressure.

No offence but that sounds terrible, I mean its essentially BR training from halo 2 which was nothing more than a way to perfect your timing with the BR. As a real game type in which the victory holds weight it would down right suck, very little skill is involved in that type of scenario.

Your removing a great deal of what makes halo good, cover, nades, melee.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Halo: Contact Harvest said:
She put her hands on Avery's shoulders and pushed him onto his back. Sitting astride his ankles, Jilan helped him with his pants. Then she crept upward, planted her hands on either side of Avery's head, and began to move.

Avery was instantly entranced by the back-and-forth sway of her bosom. He cupped the weight of her in his hands and knew at once he'd made a tactical error. The heavy roundness of Jilan's skin started an ache that crept up his legs and settled in the small of his back. All she had to do was squeeze, and a moment later he was spent.
11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

^Good lord, is that actually in a Halo novel? That's fucking awful.

I'll probably check it out over the weekend. I might look into streaming out some video if there's demand from folk without gaming PCs or Halo PC.
That'd be great, especially if you recorded the stream.

FyreWulff

Whats a good photo uploading service? I hit my 10 GB cap on photobucket. :(

Is flickr GAF friendly?

imgur is good. I seem to remember that flickr actually treats certain images as temporary and they'll stop working after 24 hours or so.

Also right when I go to post a map on Waypoint, the site decides to go down for two hours (so far). Bad timing to the max.

Speaking of great games, in anticipation of Mass Effect 3, about to play through Mass Effect 2 again.
lol. Mass Effect 2 and a great game. It's brainless. I hate the Mission/Quest design. Always only one way to solve a conflict. Mass Effect 1 is so much better.
But I like some of the subjects. Geth philosophy, Salarian's PoV of the genocide.

Mass Effect 1 rules over ALL.
I agree so much with this Dax post.
Remember when the lead writer for crysis 2 was talking shit about halo?, Yeah crysis 2 isnt exactly revered as a paragon of story telling...
Can you post the interview or the news? Want to read it.
Spring Showcase embargo ends. So far its looking like Halo 4 will be showing there as rumors have pointed too.

343 has been dead quiet on it though.
Rumors? Don't make plural, when there is only one rumor: The finnish magazine is only one which wrote that Halo 4 will be there. Still a MS showcase withouth MS's No1 title for the Holiday quartar?

Can't you get banned for begging?

FyreWulff

Play to Win - 20,343cR
Win 77 games in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Heh @ that payout. Also somewhat interesting in that while there was weeklies before with "Get X wins", I believe that is the first time "Play to Win" as the name has shown up.

There was a REALLY good map and gametype that did something similar on Halo 3. It wasnt exactly what your describing though. 8 people could play but it was pretty much always 1v1. Every 30 seconds a staircase would spawn to allow the winner of each one on one to progress to the next area. It was called tournament and it was a lot of fun. Great way to get good with the BR aswell. There was more to it than just flat geography which I think made it a little more interesting. You should really check it out because it would be a good basepoint to build ultra MLG off of. :p

I would love to play the ultra MLG thing your describing but the idea of playing Reach (and actually trying) sickens me. If Znite plays say hi to him for me. Alternatively just do a custom using that tournament map on Halo 3!

Havok

There was a REALLY good map and gametype that did something similar on Halo 3. It wasnt exactly what your describing though. 8 people could play but it was pretty much always 1v1. Every 30 seconds a staircase would spawn to allow the winner of each one on one to progress to the next area. It was called tournament and it was a lot of fun. Great way to get good with the BR aswell. There was more to it than just flat geography which I think made it a little more interesting. You should really check it out because it would be a good basepoint to build ultra MLG off of. :p!
I remember that, it was pretty cool. From what I remember, the last phase was a little broken though, since the final two players didn't have to enter the teleporters to the final area at the same time so there was a bit of camping. With some of the expanded options Reach's Forge has, it could be a lot better.

I seriously hope something leaks before the 5th because those five days of wait are gonna be a nightmare.

Also, Fyre I've a film of a Team Sumo match I played with some random kids from the internet, download it if you want to have a look at it since I'll delete it tonight.

There was a REALLY good map and gametype that did something similar on Halo 3. It wasnt exactly what your describing though. 8 people could play but it was pretty much always 1v1. Every 30 seconds a staircase would spawn to allow the winner of each one on one to progress to the next area. It was called tournament and it was a lot of fun. Great way to get good with the BR aswell. There was more to it than just flat geography which I think made it a little more interesting. You should really check it out because it would be a good basepoint to build ultra MLG off of. :p

I would love to play the ultra MLG thing your describing but the idea of playing Reach (and actually trying) sickens me. If Znite plays say hi to him for me. Alternatively just do a custom using that tournament map on Halo 3!

Shame I deleted all my halo 3 custom content, because I used to play that map in customs all the time, it was pretty awesome.

MrBig

He's absolutely right in his comments about Halo's characters, but I would also hope that he's not implying that the characters in Crysis are any better. I got so fed up with them I just stopped playing Crysis 2 about halfway through. With halo though at least there is an interesting universe and backstory going on that keeps me coming back.

Homeboyd

I got an Overkill in a game of BOOM! Ball yesterday. Nearly got two but I choked. :(
:)

Also, that weekly. YUCK.

12 wins = 10k
77 wins = 20k

:|

That has to be the worst weekly (even though it's a repeat) that's currently in the rotation. 11 wins a day for a week? You HAVE to play with a team (which I never do) and you have to put in some serious time. I wouldn't even attempt that for 100,000 cR. Just sounds miserable. Sorry Fyre.

Shame I deleted all my halo 3 custom content, because I used to play that map in customs all the time, it was pretty awesome.

How would that be a fun gametype for you? I'd think you'd never get past the first stairs :p

And get back to work! If you can't play Halo, you can't be on the internet either

Also, that weekly. YUCK.

12 wins = 10k
77 wins = 20k

That has to be the worst weekly (even though it's a repeat) that's currently in the rotation. 11 wins a day for a week? You HAVE to play with a team (which I never do) and you have to put in some serious time. I wouldn't even attempt that for 100,000 cR. Just sounds miserable. Sorry Fyre.
huh? That isn't new challenge. You got even fewer credits for it.

Homeboyd

huh? That isn't new challenge. You got even fewer credits for it.
I know it's not new... I even mentioned that in the post. My point was that the payout is still unbelievably way too low. They have a daily of 12 wins = 10k but the weekly of 77 wins = 20,343 cR? Even though it's more than Bungie's #'s it's STILL about 5x too low to be worth it. Especially if you play alone a lot of the time.

Louis Wu

Also, that weekly. YUCK.

12 wins = 10k
77 wins = 20k

The Clear Eyes, Full Hearts challenge has come around a few times - 50 wins needed for payouts ranging from 5k to 30k. (Of course, it's been 30k since 343 took over, so dropping the payout by 30% for 50% more wins seems unfair... but it's definitely better than 5k for 50 wins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom