• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzawa

The awkward moment when you realise you haven't played ODST in over 15 months...
Feel more compelled to play ODST than Reach right now. Dat campaign.

Schooly D

There was a REALLY good map and gametype that did something similar on Halo 3. It wasnt exactly what your describing though. 8 people could play but it was pretty much always 1v1. Every 30 seconds a staircase would spawn to allow the winner of each one on one to progress to the next area. It was called tournament and it was a lot of fun. Great way to get good with the BR aswell. There was more to it than just flat geography which I think made it a little more interesting. You should really check it out because it would be a good basepoint to build ultra MLG off of. :p

I would love to play the ultra MLG thing your describing but the idea of playing Reach (and actually trying) sickens me. If Znite plays say hi to him for me. Alternatively just do a custom using that tournament map on Halo 3!

Heh. Actually, Tournament was my map also. But the arenas were all just flat and empty. ULTRA MLG was originally a Halo 3 map, and Tournament was an off-shoot of it.

I actually did create a Tournament game in Reach. The 8-man version can be seen here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15914506&player=Schooly D

I have a 16-person Tournament game working in Reach, also. But, for what I'm looking for, having a Tournament tournament seems a little redundant.

Heh. Actually, Tournament was my map also. But the arenas were all just flat and empty. ULTRA MLG was originally a Halo 3 map, and Tournament was an off-shoot of it.

I actually did create a Tournament game in Reach. The 8-man version can be seen here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15914506&player=Schooly D

I have a 16-person Tournament game working in Reach, also. But, for what I'm looking for, having a Tournament tournament seems a little redundant.

Ah that's awesome, the Reach version seems pretty different though based on that clip. It was pretty awesome being able to see the other fights go on around you after you killed your guy. I think going over the staircase to the next battle was probably a little more fair (and maybe allowed for more variety) than the teleporter thing but the Reach map does look pretty badass.

I do really like the team idea you have going on, reminds me a lot of fighting games. How would you enforce throwing in a player to replace the older person? Im actually really up for giving it a go. I must say though that the 1000 shields thing sounds a bit iffy. It seems like it would be a lot more fun if it was just a normal 5sk.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
pew pew pew

Reminds me of the best bug with Halo 3's wonky bipeds.
KuGsj.gif

Homeboyd

Hey David, I just saw the most AMAZING BAD ASS THING I'VE EVER SEEN at work today...

Yeah, I'm not going to tell you what it is though. So... Don't ask.

What is between the star and the sea?

Ok guise, check this shit!

The star refers to an asterisk (*) and clearly the sea is actually just a 'c'. That leaves us with the letters;

UHVGY

Hugvy in Halo 4? Confirmed!

Edit: 343 have gone all out with their anti-SEO, rendering it impossible to find anything Hugvy related on Google search. They are getting cleverer guise!

Overdoziz

Banned
Ok guise, check this shit!

The star refers to an asterisk (*) and clearly the sea is actually just a 'c'. That leaves us with the letters;

UHVGY

Hugvy in Halo 4? Confirmed!

Edit: 343 have gone all out with their anti-SEO, rendering it impossible to find anything Hugvy related on Google search. They are getting cleverer guise!
213551812_940326.gif

http://blingee.com/pictures/uhvgy

A clue?

On a different note: Why isn't Slayer with AR starts called Slayer ARs when Slayer with DMR starts is called Slayer DMRs?

Overdoziz

Banned
My brother just showed me a clip of him playing Double Team last night. WTF is this:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26789278&player=IroncladBread

These 2 assholes they were playing against broke Enclosed via a combination of jetpack and lifts. They seriously hid inside and under the map. I've never seen anything like this. Please, someone fix this. Ugh, it's worse than those spots in Living Dead that people used to go to.
That map should be fixed by removing it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I used to play Reach pretty heavily and got to Noble rank in the summer then got bored and stopped playing. I picked up BF3 but I just couldn't really get into it and just recently came back to Reach, it just feels so right in every way. I picked up the anniversary map pack and I'm impressed with the new maps, lots of good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom